Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,448 members, 7,958,341 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 12:45 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (65798 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 12:03am On Mar 18, 2011
Meeen!!! I'd kill to have Viera back. He'd do wonders for us but if only wishes were horses  cry eh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 12:22am On Mar 18, 2011
Lehmann is back!
Wenger might as well bring back Henry, Vieira, Keown, Adams, Parlour and Sol Campbell (for the third time). grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by MeGaStReEt: 1:34am On Mar 18, 2011
I heard Nwakwo Kanu is coming back to Arsenal, since Chamak and Bendter are firing blanks they need a sharp striker
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 6:30am On Mar 18, 2011
@ megastreet

I heard u lie
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 10:19am On Mar 18, 2011
chamotex:

Lehmann is back!
Wenger might as well bring back Henry, Vieira, Keown, Adams, Parlour and Sol Campbell (for the third time). grin grin grin grin grin
Wetin dey do you?
Jens is an 'emergency' signing
Can you mention any team with 3 Goalies down and out for the season?
Jens fits in perfectly.
BTW which club will release its top Goalie to come to North London?
jens may end up not playing any match, he's back up for Almunia till the end of the season.
Come to think of it, if Szezny makes it back in time,Almunia sef would go back to the bench!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 12:00pm On Mar 18, 2011
HNIC:

Wetin dey do you?
Jens is an 'emergency' signing
Can you mention any team with 3 Goalies down and out for the season?
Jens fits in perfectly.
BTW which club will release its top Goalie to come to North London?
jens may end up not playing any match, he's back up for Almunia till the end of the season.
Come to think of it, if Szezny makes it back in time,Almunia sef would go back to the bench!

Relax!
I know.
Just teasing y'all tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 12:02pm On Mar 18, 2011
Mad Jens is back
Be afraid grin grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by mystikal(m): 12:30pm On Mar 18, 2011
Barca v Man u Final. No?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 10:39pm On Mar 18, 2011
A-40:

@Debosky: Wenger has contradicted himself so many times its hard to say precisely what is going on! Our problem is basically a combination of players,tactics and motivation! Is the board to blame for our inability to beat Birmingham or getting knocked out of 3 competitions in 2 weeks on more than one occasion? Peeps like Duduspace thought this was Arsenal's strongest squad yet! At this rate it is only a matter of time before our players are undesirable in the transfer market! As for getting a new deal I hope u realize performances on the pitch go a long way to give u negotiating power
Point of correctiton A-40, best squad since 2005? YES, best squad since Arsene joined? until they win something, NO.
Our players are never going to become undesirable, there will always be a French club out there that will shell out at least 7m for Diaby and possibly a Munich willing to shell out 11m for Bendtner, and possibly some club willing to pay up to 4m for Rosicky. After all the bashing we give them these players are still top quality for their age and some of them are not really bad players and would fit in well at other clubs not as demanding as Eduardo seems to have done, they are only seemingly square pegs in round holes.

You are very right about negotiating power, the club needs to start winning pretty soon to set us up nicely for when the shirt sponsorship deal ends in 2014 or cancelled with penalties before then. The stadium naming deal is never gonna be cancelled. Not sure what other rights and sponsorships we can sell but silverware would come handy in the negotiations and that is why winning something this season is critical. If we can end up with the PL at the end of the season, I expect the club to move to another level both in commercial terms and performance wise and by that I mean some really elite players coming in over the summer. The squad building is done in terms of youth development and clearly some of these players who we now know well have not made the grade, finances are much better and we're no longer on shoestrings now lets really go for those 1 or 2 world class signings that Arsene has always talked about.

IMO, Goalkeeping department is now sorted, defence also looks sorted once we get Vermaelen back, Bartley has done well for Rangers both in the SPL and Europe just like Jack did at Bolton last season and would be a good CB backup for next season if he doesn't end up forcing someone out as Jack did this season. The wide forward position I talked about at the beginning of the season is still vacant, since Arshavin is at sea we can chuck him out and bring in an elite player with pace and a good workrate being key requirements if we intend to continue with this 4-3-3 formation. Not decided yet if Song needs a backup or if we have him covered between Lansbury and Coquelin who have both done well for their respective loan clubs with Lansbury making the 3 man shortlist for Championship young player of the season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 10:56pm On Mar 18, 2011
grin grin grin grin grin smh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 2:53pm On Mar 19, 2011
wow, see as everywhere quiet even on a match day??

I'm sure we've broken a record or something, where r the record keepers? What is the record for the difference in time between posts on this thread?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 3:39pm On Mar 19, 2011
Its UCL draws on everyone's lips rite now. Since we have been butted out,we really don't come up in discussion. But see somfin,even if we topped our group (I.e ahead of shaktar donesk),we would have been facing barca now. And with the look of things at present,the catalan would have walloped us bad in the first leg,Uefa would prolly not allow a second leg,lol.

To today's game. Its a must win. Even with all our better players missing,we must grind out a win. I shouldn't watch the game since one certain diaby is playing,but what d heck,prince nasri will be on. Go ARSENAL. We support u
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 3:48pm On Mar 19, 2011
Arsenal vs West Brom: Almunia, Sagna, Squillaci, Koscielny, Clichy, Wilshere, Denilson, Ramsey, Nasri, Arshavin, van Persie. Subs: Lehmann, Rosicky, Eboue, Gibbs, Chamakh, Miquel, Bendtner.

Come on you Gooners, it's only ten games and we win the league.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by proudly9ja(m): 4:55pm On Mar 19, 2011
dipo2much:

Its UCL draws on everyone's lips rite now. Since we have been butted out,we really don't come up in discussion. But see somfin,even if we topped our group (I.e ahead of shaktar donesk),we would have been facing barca now. And with the look of things at present,the catalan would have walloped us bad in the first leg,Uefa would prolly not allow a second leg,lol.

To today's game. Its a must win. Even with all our better players missing,we must grind out a win. I shouldn't watch the game since one certain diaby is playing,but what d heck,prince nasri will be on. Go ARSENAL. We support u

Y do I have a feeling Shakhtar will just nick it over the two legs?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:31pm On Mar 19, 2011
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by slimshay(m): 6:01pm On Mar 19, 2011
Where the fork did they bring this Almunia from. The idiot even pushed his defender shocked shocked

So this is how he wants to revenge all those fake injuries abi?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 6:14pm On Mar 19, 2011
Almuina was doing fine until Jens Lehman arrived! His aura messes with Almunias head! grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by sirwebs(m): 6:16pm On Mar 19, 2011
chamotex:

Almuina was doing fine until Jens Lehman arrived! His aura messes with Almunias head! grin grin grin grin

Maybe. . . I don'y know. What i know is Lehmann should be in goal now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Eastbay1: 6:22pm On Mar 19, 2011
Some things NEVER change,
Change this thread's title to the book of Lamentations part 2.Jeremiah ain't got nuttin on y'all.
DK,you have the complete set, oya,play on,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by kashmo: 6:24pm On Mar 19, 2011
Alumnia na real basket! Wonders how the douche still manage to be field on match days. I bet an untried Shea is better than him! So many donkeys like Bertdner and crabs like Denilson annoys the devil in me! We need effective players on the pitch, not monkey post passby players. Another chance to close the gap blown away!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 7:23pm On Mar 19, 2011
Where are all d usual muppets on this thread. Pls hnic and co come analyse how arsenal will win d title with narrow escapes like this. Soon you will to d united thread spewing hokum dat we disappear when we lose. Muppets come out naa, this place needs some hypothetical analysis.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by chamotex(m): 7:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
coded guy:

Where are all d usual muppets on this thread. Pls hnic and co come analyse how arsenal will win d title with narrow escapes like this. Soon you will to d united thread spewing hokum dat we disappear when we lose. Muppets come out naa, this place needs some hypothetical analysis.

grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 7:26pm On Mar 19, 2011
Loved the fightback but why go 2-0 down in the first instance? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 7:27pm On Mar 19, 2011
coded guy:

Are you high on igbo? wetin be narrow escape? nor worry na Almunia dey give yu mouth to talk.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2011
coded guy:

you are so wicked!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 7:36pm On Mar 19, 2011
(Eastbay):

Some things NEVER change,
Change this thread's title to the book of Lamentations part 2.Jeremiah ain't got nuttin on y'all.
DK,you have the complete set, oya,play on,

o ti su mi meeeennnn

I no fit dey play on this thread every weekend na?

E no dey tire una ni?

ma Utd lost back to back vs Liverpool and Chelsea, WHere has that taken Arsenal now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Cougar2: 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
dayokanu:

o ti su mi meeeennnn

I no fit dey play on this thread every weekend na?

E no dey tire una ni?

ma Utd lost back to back vs Liverpool and Chelsea, WHere has that taken Arsenal now?

arsenal will still win the league. they have the easiest run-in on paper. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^ If Dortmund lose all their remaining games, Bayern still won't win the league cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by codedguy1(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2011
The brave muppets are coming out. Cool. Pls u guys shud come carry ritchboi from our thread. He seems to want to analyse what he cant comprehend, winning with a man down and yes, the ref favoured UNITED today. Am laffing in 'a man down'
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by ritchboy(m): 8:08pm On Mar 19, 2011
^^ Who is this decrypted doofus?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 8:20pm On Mar 19, 2011
This arsenal team na fail, f9, gbagaun. who are those that still believe we can win the league make una carry money come
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 8:25pm On Mar 19, 2011
ritchboy:

^^ If Dortmund lose all their remaining games, Bayern still won't win the league cheesy

Bayern won the league last season, Tell us the last time Assanal won a spoon?

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (100)

Barcelona Vs Manchester United: UCL Quarter Finals (3 - 0) On 16th April 2019 / Chelsea Vs Arsenal (3 - 1) On 4th February 2017 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.