Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,538 members, 7,816,310 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). (61806 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Spclst900: 6:48pm On May 25, 2011
i never expected that after such a short while out of NL i will be back posting 'until next season'.

What more can i say than 'UNTIL NEXT SEASON'.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 7:55pm On May 25, 2011
If we are to believe the tabloids(it's not even June yet)
Clichy-Bayern/Inter
Sagna-Real
Arshavin-Zenit
Nasri-Inter/Manure(would AW sell to Manure)
Cesc-Real/Barca
Song-Inter
Bendtner-Bayern
Theo-Juventus
Denilson-Sevilla
Chamakh-Marseille
Squillo,Rosicky,Eboue,Almunia-Club unknown
Haba!Who go come remain for Shop naah? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by cisse7575(m): 8:33pm On May 25, 2011
@hnic: e go remain wenger for shop now
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 8:53pm On May 25, 2011
@ HNIC.
Some of those transfer gossip are just ridiculous.
Theo to Juve?
Song to inter?
Even sagna isn't going nywhere.
Plus, if denilson gets sevilla, he is lucky
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 9:31pm On May 25, 2011
Sometimes I just wonder why we are such a FREAKING nice club !!!! shocked shocked shocked
After Barcelona as a club(Management, players,fans etc) disrespected Arsenal last summer with their ignoble pursuit of Cesc Fabregas, what do we do?
We give them our training ground for use in preparation for their C.L final match.
Don't ask me what I will do,if I were to be in charge!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 9:44pm On May 25, 2011
I don't mind the club being nice but our players shouldn't be so nice. All our youngsters out on loan should go to clubs like Bolton.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:46pm On May 25, 2011
HNIC:

Sometimes I just wonder why we are such a FREAKING nice club !!!! shocked shocked shocked
After Barcelona as a club(Management, players,fans etc) disrespected Arsenal last summer with their ignoble pursuit of Cesc Fabregas, what do we do?
We give them our training ground for use in preparation for their C.L final match.
Don't ask me what I will do,if I were to be in charge!

Una be mumu na,

When All your players and club knows you are minnows, what more can they do other than to suck up to the big boys
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 9:50pm On May 25, 2011
Spclst900:

i never expected that after such a short while out of NL i will be back posting 'until next season'.

What more can i say than 'UNTIL NEXT SEASON'.

What more do you expect from a useless club like yours?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 9:53pm On May 25, 2011
@ HNIC

Even if your opponents are disrespectful, you can't depart from your own values. Arsenal will always seek to do the respectable thing.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 2:20am On May 26, 2011
@follypimpi

Turns out I missed Wellington's 30 mins cameo on saturday in the final game of the season for Levante after waiting for him to play for them every week since he joined them in January. Here is a youtube clip of it. You can see he has quality, I particularly like his seeming ability to protect the ball and run with it while still picking his passes, also a bit of a hot head as well and will likely get his share of cards but we need more of such players really.

Like I said to A-40, he is an interesting prospect, had adaptation issues at Levante but such is to be expected of an 18 year old who thought he would be going to London from Brazil only to end up on loan at Levante in Spain, must have had language issues as well (although that didnt seem to deter Miyaichi impressing at Feyenoord).

[flash=500,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvLMXimv3Qg[/flash]

We won't likely see him for the next 5 years though, except he is so exceptional and plays himself into the Brazillian first team and earns a work permit, which wouldn't be a bad thing and wouldn't surprise me at all cos the boy has the quality.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 2:29am On May 26, 2011
All the board members of Arsenal and Wenger are mad for allowing Barca to use our training facilities!

WTF?

are they priming Wenger to go and replace Guardiola or what's with all these nonsense?

after playing 'RAPIDO' with our hearts and allowing Barca get away with daylight robbery and murder, they still get to rub insult upon our injuries with this abomination?

MAN UTD WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THERE I SAID IT!!!

oshi oda ni ile pako!  angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 3:16am On May 26, 2011
Dr. Kit, when did you start sleepin with the enemy?  tongue tongue
they might be stuck up pricks but I'd rather Barca win the UCL over manure anytime.

That Ricardo Alvarez guy might just be a brilliant signing, heard he's been immense in the Argentine league in the immediate past season, but moving from argentina to the PL no be moi-moi but then Chicharito did make the transition from mexican league to PL very quickly sha.
Good physical statistics too at 6ft 2, seems we're starting to pay attention to the physical side of the game in our choice of players again. The 2 transfers with really solid rumors we've been linked to so far are of players in the 6 ft plus range.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Myself2(m): 8:16am On May 26, 2011
hannie:

MAN UTD WILL WIN THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE, THERE I SAID IT!!!

I hope they do;the thought/knowledge of Barcelona flying hiking back to Spain dejected and without the CL trophy is just so pleasant

@ Fergie
Do your thang,break Guardiola's heart
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by nateevs(m): 11:46am On May 26, 2011
I really cannot understand why Arsenal allow Barca use their facilities to train for a competition they were cheated out of.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 2:09pm On May 26, 2011
So u think arsenal should have declined a request to use our facilities? How would u feel if u read in †нє tabloids that arsenal did that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by coogar: 2:43pm On May 26, 2011
nateevs:

I really cannot understand why Arsenal allow Barca use their facilities to train for a competition they were cheated out of.

barca had to travel early to london because of the icelandic volcanic ash. while in london, they must train for the final(saturday) and which other top draw stadium in london would they go to? stamford bridge(too small), upton park(too small), white hart lane(pitch is dodgy) which leaves only the emirates. besides, it's an opportunity for arsenal back-room staff to nick messi's autographs.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by montelik(m): 2:56pm On May 26, 2011
coogar:

barca had to travel early to london because of the icelandic volcanic ash. while in london, they must train for the final(saturday) and which other top draw stadium in london would they go to? stamford bridge(too small), upton park(too small), white hart lane(pitch is dodgy) which leaves only the emirates. besides, it's an opportunity for arsenal back-room staff to nick messi's autographs.

grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 3:03pm On May 26, 2011
Abegi jare it was the classy thing to do! If we didn't nuccas would say we where classless and who knows maybe that singular act would get Barca to pay 40million GBP for Cesc
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by duduspace(m): 5:09pm On May 26, 2011
A-40:

Abegi jare it was the classy thing to do! If we didn't nuccas would say we where classless and who knows maybe that singular act would get Barca to pay 40million GBP for Cesc

good point but you are making us look like beggars. angry angry
Arsenal does not beg anybody, we only spend within our means. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by debosky(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2011
nateevs:

Barca didn't send RVP off, the ref did.

One thing y'all haven't considered is that, despite the public posturing, the relationship between the management at both clubs might be quite cordial.

Tellingly enough, MOST (but not all) of the Cesc to Barca stories were invented by some crook journos - this got reported elsewhere but not in England. Read more here: http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/4828
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 26, 2011
^ Still defending Hypertension FC and and Mr Wonga?! Me I still dey vex o  angry angry. If Wonga know what's good for him, he better get a trophy next season, else he'll be getting some dog shyte in the post!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dayokanu(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2011
naijababe:

^ Still defending Hypertension FC and and Mr Wonga?! Me I still dey vex o angry angry. If Wonga know what's good for him, he better get a trophy next season, else he'll be getting some dog shyte in the post!

You said the same thing last season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by Nobody: 5:51pm On May 26, 2011
dayokanu:

You said the same thing last season

Wetin kon be your own ? Sobolation
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by yinkalink(f): 7:50pm On May 26, 2011
Dere‘s notin for yhu until u guys start believing in ur manager.in a wae,u guys are lyk chelsea
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by HNIC(m): 9:03pm On May 26, 2011
coogar:

besides, it's an opportunity for arsenal back-room staff to nick messi's autographs.
u dey craze grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 12:18pm On May 27, 2011
Discomfortening boredom in here. Can't stand it. Tomorrow is †нє champions league final. And we have bragging rights at both teams having beaten †нєm at some stage this season. Barca to beat Manure, IMO. Naturally we should be neutral as Arsenal fans, but somehow i wanna see manure in †нє ground at †нє end of 90 tomorrow.

Gooner
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by 4llerbuntu(m): 12:57pm On May 27, 2011
i support utd all d way. as long as they stay at 11-11, utd will win. u pple find it convenient to forget that without being a man up, barca have made hard work of beating non spanish teams and even real sef. manure for cl jo. @ least they know wat they doing and not giving convenient excuses for failure
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by A40(m): 1:05pm On May 27, 2011
Did Man U have a man sent off in 09? Im rooting for Barcelona I have no solidarity for other English teams in Europe
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 1:37pm On May 27, 2011
I don't see Fergie pulling this one off. THIS barca team won't lose the ECL final. †нє team has it all. Manure are a capable team with an exceptional manager, but tomorrow Barca wins again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by hannie: 1:39pm On May 27, 2011
Its Manure all the way . . .

The beef against Manure had been withered away when we dropped off the competing ladder.

Manchester United might not play flair football intoto but when it comes to resilence, efficiency, endurance they sure can win Barca outrightly, 10 men or not   grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by dipo2much(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2011
You think any team can beat barca with 10 men? I dey laff
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). by v3: 2:18pm On May 27, 2011
If any United player gets red-carded(wrongly). .let the fans take over the pitch. angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99)

Bayern Munich Vs Chelsea - UEFA Super Cup 2 - 2 ( 5 - 4) Pens on 30th-08-2013 / Manchester City vs Chelsea (1 - 2) On 8th May 2021 / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (In Arsenal We Trust)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.