Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,470 members, 7,819,718 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? (3664 Views)

How To Know If Your Mum Had Sex With Your Dad Last Night. / What Your Mum Didn't Tell You About Sex(Picture) / Men Beware, Your Wife Can Kill You If She Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:12am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
Its only common with bush ppl oo grin
maybe the first son is the first person in the family to buy a car and hence they will naturally be fighting over car seats grin
but then these days is no big deal to have a car.If ur dad hadt two rides and ur mom had her own ride and u eventually got married do u think such a mom will now be fighting ur wife on who will sit on the front seat of a car?? grin grin grin grin grin grin
wen someone is so bush it affects the person psychologically grin

Exactly...also, these women must think of sitting in the front seat as a power thing over others...which is the saddest part. If anyone needs to sit in front to show some type of flimsy authority, then something is wrong on this family. Also, the man should put his foot down and stop this nonsense argument from even starting.

2 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:17am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
u can share ur love equally b/w ur wife and your mother
how hard can that be?
its not a race on who should be ur favourite
if ur wife to be is encouraging u to discard your mom that should be a red flag to u that she is not a good woman
how many wives have u seen discarding their own moms when they get married to their husbands
your mom should always have a special place in your heart cos she is the one who gave birth to u and sweated it out for u to go to school and be the man you are today.
Never u forget ur mom.

You missed the point, the writeup didn't say discard your mother, the write up simply talks about when to cut the boundaries.

You can not share your love between you mum and wife. You have to choose one, either wife or mother.

The joy of strong parenting is to see their son independent and be a man that can take decisions but i noticed most mothers are using their son for their own benefits while the marriage suffers.

Are you from a single mum home?

Which one is sweated it out to send the kid to school does she not have husband?

In some cultures in Nigeria, once the man is married, you wont see the mother interfering or trying to struggle space with the wife, she herself will be comfortable to take care of her needs by trading, the mother never demands, it is up to the son once in a while to just send gift to the mother.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:24am On Sep 22, 2020
J111333:
Biko there should never be any choosing between wives to be and mums. sad

The TO BE added to that phrase should nullify any choosing whatsoever except for asslicking men and those under the influence of love charm if it exists. Not choosing doesn't mean a man is unnecessarily attached to his mum, it's just the right thing to do at such a time.

If my fiancee chooses me over her biological dad, I will have to review the wedding plans because it's naturally wrong.

Until a man is officially married and joined to another woman, his mum and sisters should come first. This goes to a woman too, her dad and brothers should come first before her fiancee.

A rational and logical man will choose his family over his mum. As for women they are always attached, for men attachment to your mum is a big No.

Choosing your wife and family over your mum does not mean you dont care, it is just a sign that you are a man not a boy, a man not living in the shadow of his mum, your wife will respect you for that.

1 Like

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:29am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

A rational and logical man will choose his family over his mum. As for women they are always attached, for men attachment to your mum is a big No.

Choosing your wife and family over your mum does not mean you dont care, it is just a sign that you are a man not a boy, man not living in the shadow of his mum, your wife will respect you for that.
Oga, the topic says wife to-be and that's what I based my comment on.

1 Like

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:31am On Sep 22, 2020
J111333:
Oga, the topic says wife to-be and that's what I based my comment on.

Even wife to be.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You missed the point, the writeup didn't say discard your mother, the write up simply talks about when to cut the boundaries.

You can not share your love between you mum and wife. You have to choose one, either wife or mother.

The joy of strong parenting is to see their son independent and be a man that can take decisions but i noticed most mothers are using their son for their own benefits while the marriage suffers.

Which one is sweated it out to send the kid to school does she not have husband?

In some cultures in Nigeria, once the man is married, you wont see the mother interfering or trying to struggle space with the wife, she herself will be comfortable to take care of her needs by trading, the mother never demands, it is up to the son once in a while to just send gift to the mother.
u sound like someone who doesnt get along with his parents..maybe that could explain ur stance and nope i am not from a single parent.My mom and dad are still much together.Anyway on ur discussion if the woman i am with should bring up any issue about to choose b/w her and my mom then that will be the end of the relationship cos such a woman when u marry her will become a bad wife and my mom and my dad will never instigate a division b/w the the woman i am with cos they not that type of ppl.Love ur wife and ur mom equally and stop thinking about disarding one and loving the other.Only children who have had bad relationships with their parents when growing up tend to think the way u do.

6 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:38am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
i recall sometime ago some dude created a thread asking if it was ok he took permission from his wife before he gives his own mother money shocked
u could just imagine that crap
some men are very mumuish cheesy

You didn't know if the wife and the husband contributed to create a budget, in that situation, wont it be logical to ask the wife if they can send money to the mother?

Lets think about it why will a mother be depending on the son for survival.

She can as well take care of her needs except she is an handicapped.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:41am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You didn't know if the wife and the husband contributed to create a budget, in that situation, wont it be logical to ask the wife if they can send money to the mother?

Lets think about it why will a mother be depending on the son for survival.

She can as well take care of her needs except she is an handicapped.

so if ur mom(God forbid) suddenly got afflicted with one serious disease that might take her life so u would take permision from ur wife sad.Abeg i no talk again grin
to each its own grin
i have seen men ur type countless times cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 3:57am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
u sound like someone who doesnt get along with his parents..maybe that could explain ur stance and nope i am not from a single parent.My mom and dad are still much together.Anyway on ur discussion if the woman i am with should bring up any issue about to choose b/w her and my mom then that will be the end of the relationship cos such a woman when u marry her will become a bad wife and my mom and my dad will never instigate a division b/w the the woman i am with cos they not that type of ppl.Love ur wife and ur mom equally and stop thinking about disarding one and loving the other.Only children who have had bad relationships with their parents when growing up tend to think the way u do.

Not true.

I dont have any bad relationships with my parents.

From day one, my parents have already told me, they want me to florish in life and they are here not to put pressure on me financially or emotionally.

Number 2 - yes, your mother gave birth to you and did all stuff for you, yes it should be appreciated but also a mother love can also destroy a man by creating an emotional dependent man and a mummy's boy aka simp.

Number 3- when a man reaches a certain age, it is expected of him to be independent and be a man of his own, depend on himself and also his decisions, that makes a muscline man.

Once he sees a girl for marriage, it is up to him to believe his intuition that he has seen and gotten a woman that will be his wife, a man seeking the opinion of his mother in choosing a wife is a weak man, a man allowing his mother to interfere with his decision is a weak man

Number 4- once he gets married, his mom is his mom and his wife is his wife, the man and his wife function as one unit,his wife is now is the Priority, there should be a boundary, a real man knows how to create that boundaries, nobody should tell him that his mother can not interfere with his marriage or take decisions for him on how to treat his wife also A man needs to know how to protect his wife from his mum or even his family especially when they abusive or aggressive, your respect as a man will increase.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:02am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
so if ur mom(God forbid) suddenly got afflicted with one serious disease that might take her life so u would take permision from ur wife sad.Abeg i no talk again grin
to each its own grin
i have seen men ur type countless times cheesy

The problem of people like you is that you jump into conclusions

If my mother is sick and my dad is alive, it is his responsibility to take care of her not mine.

My job is to go visit her in the hospital with my family.

In another scenario if she sick and no husband, i can take care of her or another sibling can, it is just common logic.

If your scenario, if we contributed to the budget and my mum gets sick, i will have to tell her that some money will be taken to treat her and it will be replaced, this is just common sense.

Even apart from marriage, if you are the ceo of a company with shareholders, do you think you can just dip your hand into the company's purse and take money because you want to treat your mum?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Not true.

I dont have any bad relationships with my parents.

From day one, my parents have already told me, they want me to florish in life and they are here to put pressure on me financially or emotionally.

Number 2 - yes, your mother gave birth to you and did all stuff for you, yes it should be appreciated but also a mother love can also destroy a man by creating an emotional dependent man and a mummy's boy aka simp.

Number 3- when a man reaches a certain age, it is expected of him to be independent and be a man of his own, depend on himself and also his decisions, that makes a muscline man.

Once he sees a girl for marriage, it is up to him to believe his intuition that he has seen and gotten a woman that will be his wife, a man seeking the opinion of his mother in choosing a wife is a weak man, a man allowing his mother to interfere with his decision is a weak man

Number 4- once he gets married, his mom is his mom and his wife is his wife, the man and his wife function as one unit,his wife is now is the Priority, there should be a boundary, a real man knows how to create that boundaries, nobody should tell him that his mother can not interfere with his marriage or take decisions for him on how to treat his wife also A man needs to know how to protect his wife from his mum or even his family especially when they abusive or aggressive, your respect as a man will increase.

agreed that that when u get married your family should be ur main priority but that does not mean you should now treat ur own dad and ur mom as outsiders.Anyway sha its up to u..it depends on the type of relationship u had with ur parents when u were younger.Most times when children have a bitter relationship with their parents it affects the way they relate with such parents as adults.Your mother should have a special place in your heart just as ur wife have a special place in your heart as well.U cant be saying u will be for one and be against the other.Its like u now saying u will choose b/w ur wife or ur kids..now does that sound sane? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:07am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

The problem of people like you is that you jump into conclusions

If my mother is sick and my dad is alive, it is his responsibility to take care of her not mine.

My job is to go visit her in the hospital with my family.

In another scenario if she sick and no husband, i can take care of her or another sibling can, it is just common logic
so what of if ur parents are both old and ur mom falls sick..so u would expect ur old father to take care of ur old mom?
u see why i say its like u dont have a good relationship with ur parents
pls if u have issues with them biko u guys should try and make up o

4 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
agreed that that when u get married your family should be ur main priority but that does not mean you should now treat ur own dad and ur mom as outsiders.Anyway sha its up to u..it depends on the type of relationship u had with ur parents when u were younger.Most times when children have a bitter relationship with their parents it affects the way they relate with such parents as adults.Your mother should have a special place in your heart just as ur wife have a special place in your heart as well.U cant be saying u will be for one and be against the other.Its like u now saying u will choose b/w ur wife or ur kids..now does that sound sane? cheesy

Cutting boundaries does not nean treating them like outsiders, it just means creating and protecting your own territory.

Nothing stops me and the family from visiting or buying them gifts once in a while.

Yes, a person mother should have a special place in the heart of any man but also creating boundaries does not stop you from loving your mum.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:16am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

If your scenario, if we contributed to the budget and my mum gets sick, i will have to tell her that some money will be taken to treat her and it will be replaced, this is just common sense.

Even apart from marriage, if you are the ceo of a company with shareholders, do you think you can just dip your hand into the company's purse and take money because you want to treat your mum?

guy its like u dont love ur parents.u sound so stiff and hard hearted cheesy
bro i certainly cant be like u
u try abeg cheesy
look like me i am over here in the carribeans
It took me 3 days to fly here from naija to here
Since since september last year i havent seen my parents and bros face to face.but we talk on video calls on whatsap.I always try to make saturdays and sundays as a special time to video chat with them and we talk.after i have talked with my parents i switch over to my bros..then during the week i try as much as possible to video chat with my aunt.these are the most important ppl in my life.I can not imagine one mumu girl will now be telling me i talk too much with siblings back home and dat she is not comfortable with it and dat if i keep doing such she will walk aways.dem never born the girl wey go do such.If she utter such words i will open the door wide for her to walk away.Like i said b4 its like u have issues with ur parents.I can feel it emitting in the way u type.

3 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Cutting boundaries does not nean treating them like outsiders, it just means creating and protecting your own territory.

Nothing stops me and the family from visiting or buying them gifts once in a while.

Yes, a person mother should have a special place in the heart of any man but also creating boundaries does not stop you from loving your mum.
there should be no boundary when it comes to ur blood.Ur parents should feel comfortable when paying u a visit just as ur wife would feel comfortable in ur house.If its friends u creating boundary i can very much understand that one.

3 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:19am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
so what of if ur parents are both old and ur mom falls sick..so u would expect ur old father to take care of ur old mom?
u see why i say its like u dont have a good relationship with ur parents
pls if u have issues with them biko u guys should try and make up o

Haven't you watch videos of old men taking care of their old wives.

There is a notion that old people can't take care of themselves.

My grannies are 86 and 90 respectively, they live alone in their house and take care of themselves well.

Even if you go to the villages, you will still old couples taking care of themselves while their children are in the city working.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:21am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
there should be no boundary when it comes to ur blood.Ur parents should feel comfortable when paying u a visit just as ur wife would feel comfortable in ur house.If its friends u creating boundary i can very much understand that one.

When i mean boundaries, i dont mean not allowing them to visit, i mean not allowing them to interference in your marriage

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:27am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

When i mean boundaries, i dont mean not allowing them to visit, i mean not allowing them to interference in your marriage
if u mean interference then its mostly bad mothers who interfer in their son"s marriage but then the way nollywood portrays mother in law in many of those paience ozokwor movies is always on the extreme.Many moms are actually nice to their dauther in laws.I dont see any reason why a mother would be fighting her dauther in law except maybe if she never liked her in the first place

1 Like

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:31am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
guy its like u dont love ur parents.u sound so stiff and hard hearted cheesy
bro i certainly cant be like u
u try abeg cheesy
look like me i am over here in the carribeans
It took me 3 days to fly here from naija to here
Since since september last year i havent seen my parents and bros face to face.but we talk on video calls on whatsap.I always try to make saturdays and sundays as a special time to video chat with them and we talk.after i have talked with my parents i switch over to my bros..then during the week i try as much as possible to video chat with my aunt.these are the most important ppl in my life.I can not imagine one mumu girl will now be telling me i talk too much with siblings back home and dat she is not comfortable with it and dat if i keep doing such she will walk aways.dem never born the girl wey go do such.If she utter such words i will open the door wide for her to walk away.Like i said b4 its like u have issues with ur parents.I can feel it emitting in the way u type.

You are still attached to your parent, i promise you, you won't do this skyping and chatting for ever.

When you are about to have a family, all chatting and skyping will stop and your allegiance will be to your own personal family.

So if you are working in the rig or in the military, do you think, you gonna have time for all these skyping and chatting, a big No.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
if u mean interference then its mostly bad mothers who interfer in their son"s marriage but then the way nollywood portrays mother in law in many of those paience ozokwor movies is always on the extreme.Many moms are actually nice to their dauther in laws.I dont see any reason why a mother would be fighting her dauther in law except maybe if she never liked her in the first place

Actually most mothers fight their daughter in laws especially when they see he is not yielding to their requests, they blame it on the wife.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:33am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

You are still attached to your parent, i promise you, you won't do this skyping and chatting for ever.

When you are about to have a family, all chatting and skyping will stop and your allegiance will be to your own personal family.

So if you are working in the rig or in the military, do you think, you gonna have time for all these skyping and chatting, a big No.
yes o even if i was working in the rig or whatever i will still make a special time to talk to them..even if that time permits me to talk to them only once a month or once a year i will still talk to them.Some guys spend hours everyday talking to their girlfriends but when it comes to their own parents they hardly speak to them.Someone that held u in her womb for months u wont talk to her but a random girl d guy go deny imsef sleep dey do skype or whatsap with her from 8pm to 5 am grin

3 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:42am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

but if na girlfriend u will make time to talk to her no matter how busy is ur schedule bah cheesy..Some of my female friends back home they do send messages and for weeks i wont have that time to talk to them cos i am busy.Some will send annoying texts that oh i dont talk to them or i am ignoring them blah blah blah but who cares.Make time and speak to ur ppl.It doenst have to be a long chat.For me on saurdays around 12 pm our time here i always call them back home and i make time for them to speak with them.most times thats the time i have to videocall them.Your family is ur blood cheesy.Ur wife can dump u and run off with ur best if u broke..thats a bitter truth...but ur mama and papa weda u broke or rich they are with uu : cheesy.There is this singer called Yanni.i dont know if u have heard about him.One time he was intervied about how he made it in life.he told the reporter interviewing him that there was one time he was so broke he had no cash at hand and no job to do that he had to run home to his mom cheesy..that it was his mom who sheltered and fed him cheesy.So thats a mother for you.

2 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 4:43am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Actually most mothers fight their daughter in laws especially when they see he is not yielding to their requests, they blame it on the wife.
those are bad mothers and such homes are broken homes
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:05am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
If i was to choose between my wife to be or my mum, i will choose my wife to be not because i don't love my mum but because now is the time to prepare for my family.

A man that is ready to marry should be ready to detach from his mother's love so as to give his devotion to his wife to be, she is going to be the mother of your kids.

Most guys dont get it, guys that are emotionally attached to their mother always fail in their marriages because they dont know when to cut the line between mother and wife to be or wife.

I sincerely dont understand why a mother will be fighting for the front seat of a car with a wife to be or a wife, personally, my mum will seat at the back if my wife to be is going out with me that does not mean i dont respect her, i respect her and i will give my mother what she wants that is if i have it, but that doesn't mean i shouldn't protect my territory.

I believe mothers are creating lot of boys to be emotionally dependent on them, this is just wrong, a mother can not give you the type of love you deserve but what she thinks you deserve, your wife might not also give you love but your mother wont be there to give you kids, to cook for you, to teach your kids homework,to clean your house and give you sex.

I just think mothers need to understand that their son will become a man oneday, he is not going to be your second husband, please allow him to be a man, stop depending on him for your finances or for emotional support, remember he is going to be someone's wife, allow him to be able to prepare for his own battles.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:09am On Sep 22, 2020
2dice01:
Before I open the thread i knew the Op will talk about Mother/Wife seating in the front sit cheesy

Is it same wife that most them will runaway or start acting like they are doing you a favour when you going through little challenges

What is so special about front sit
Then wifey should drive
Parent will seat next to her
I will be chilling at the back like a Boss

cool ogagrin

Lol. I think if was my mother in law I'd offer the front seat to her out of respect for my elders n no other reason
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 22, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

The front seat is the only seat in the car that can recline all the way back, thus for her to lie down, sitting in front will be better....unless of course, you believe wifey must always be in front and therefore your sick mother should be uncomfortable at the back, abi?

There is a reason why ambulance have Reclining bed at the back and not car seats....

See how you are confusing the issue. NOBODY said a man should forget his family duties/responsibilities, we are talking about what is more important in a man's life!!!!! Now, COMMON SENSE would have you understand that, if a man only has money to feed a wife and kids, then he will ask his mother to come over and SHARE THE FAMILY MEAL with his mother, duh! Unless of course you believe that mother should die of hunger while husband/wife and kids eat belly full, abi?

A married man has new life responsibilities but that certainly does NOT mean that his mother should be left dying of hunger. If you can't feed everyone then all will eat Less, UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD MORE! if your mother was your responsibility before marriage, then she will remain the same after marriage, whether a wife likes it or not.bwhat else should be done?! Throw mother away like piece Of garbage?!

I agree with U. Just cos Ur married it dnt mean Ur mother stops being family too.
N as a good wife should do is offer the front seat respecting her elder and always considering the mother in law n if she's healthy n happy n included in things.
Of course U should still have boundaries at some point like time just for the wife or the wife n kids as a family.
Isn't just the husband's responsibility to include n care for his mother it's the wife's responsibilty too n not just cos it's a responsibility but cos it's her husband's mother therefore she's her family too n she should care.
Yeah so I dnt think it's a "wife deserves front seat or the mother does" kinda thing I think it's about having respect for your elders and being a good wife/daughter in law. My man shouldn't have to stress over choosing between who to please either his wife/mother. We all family n should all consider each other (and using common sense in some situations where it's needed)
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by YoungDaNaval(m): 5:23am On Sep 22, 2020
Op is a first grade simp

2 Likes

Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2020
OPAA6:

She enjoyed her own husband without you disturbing her
Why will she disturb you when it's time for you to enjoy your own wife
This mentality needs to stop
White people don't think the way we think that's why things work out perfectly for them.
Thebosstrevor1 how come too many sense in just one post .

Not all whites get along with their in law's. Things dnt always work out perfectly for them either.
I'm white n where I am most men once they marry alot are all for their wives families more than they're own. Not all but alot r like this.
It's sad.
Wen Ur married Ur husband's family becomes Ur own n vice versa.
No good wife will let her husband stress over choosing between her n his mother. If anything she should encourage her husband to include his mother.
She will treat the mother as she does her own.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:39am On Sep 22, 2020
lefulefu:
u can share ur love equally b/w ur wife and your mother
how hard can that be?
its not a race on who should be ur favourite
if ur wife to be is encouraging u to discard your mom that should be a red flag to u that she is not a good woman
how many wives have u seen discarding their own moms when they get married to their husbands
your mom should always have a special place in your heart cos she is the one who gave birth to u and sweated it out for u to go to school and be the man you are today.
Never u forget ur mom.

Yes. U can't compare the love it's different but it still should be equal.
A good wife won't stress her husband making him choose whos happiness is more important n a good wife will include the mother in law n make sure she's cared for, healthy n happy. She will respect her as an elder n treat her as she would her own mother.
Even if the mother in law is a difficult one.
If was me I'd always offer the front seat anyway it's respecting Ur elders.
And a wife should encourage her husband to include his mother in their lives and treat her to things n treat her good as she's getting older n has raised her children n taught them things in life n loved them therefore she deserves love n happiness in her old age. The way I see it is that this woman birthed the man I love n she loves him unconditionally n I love my husband so therefore I love her unconditionally.
I would give my hubby ideas to spoil his mother n visit her n take her out n stuff n make her old age a happy time
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 22, 2020
YoungDaNaval:
Op is a first grade simp

I realise most mama's boy like you call others Simp

The day your mother stop influencing you is the day you become a man.

You are apparently the simp.
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 22, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Who says U can't share love?
Nonsense. U can love both just in different ways.
Is true a mother in law shouldn't interfere in her son's marriage tho.
The son should be able to care for his wife n kids n still make sure his mother is having a comfortable happy healthy life.
Ur mum gave birth to U, fed U raised U, taught U things n loved you n U will not give her time or attention?
Ur mother needs love too.
Any good wife will make sure u include Ur mother n care for her n sometimes let u put your mother's needs first if that occasion arises.
Loving n caring n giving Ur mother time shouldn't interior Ur marriage in anyway
Theres always a way of making it all work
You're all family n that's wat families do..I understand there should be boundaries if the mother is a busybody type or interfering type but U can work that out n still make sure u include her in Ur family
Re: Your Wife To Be Or Your Mum? by addicted268(f): 8:18am On Sep 22, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

The front seat is the only seat in the car that can recline all the way back, thus for her to lie down, sitting in front will be better....unless of course, you believe wifey must always be in front and therefore your sick mother should be uncomfortable at the back, abi?

There is a reason why ambulance have Reclining bed at the back and not car seats....

See how you are confusing the issue. NOBODY said a man should forget his family duties/responsibilities, we are talking about what is more important in a man's life!!!!! Now, COMMON SENSE would have you understand that, if a man only has money to feed a wife and kids, then he will ask his mother to come over and SHARE THE FAMILY MEAL with his mother, duh! Unless of course you believe that mother should die of hunger while husband/wife and kids eat belly full, abi?

A married man has new life responsibilities but that certainly does NOT mean that his mother should be left dying of hunger. If you can't feed everyone then all will eat Less, UNTIL YOU CAN AFFORD MORE! if your mother was your responsibility before marriage, then she will remain the same after marriage, whether a wife likes it or not.bwhat else should be done?! Throw mother away like piece Of garbage?!

I totally agree with you. The OP is missing some vital points. It is the situation at the moment that should count,not the role they both play.
I have a husband,my husband has a mother and I have a son. Now,my husband takes care of his immediate family and also his aged mother. I would never ever ever like for my husband to think like the OP and totally concentrate all his resources on us and give mama the left over (if anything is left)like she suddenly lost relevance because he got married.If anything, most mothers in law start giving their daughters in law stress when they get the kind of treatment op is advocating from their sons.wisdom is profitable. The stress of raising a child is not a joke,I wouldn't like for my son to grow up and suddenly throw me away because he has to be a man.im not looking at the financial aspect here but when my son gets married in future,I'd like to think I gained a daughter and not feel like I lost a son.
I don't care about who sits in the front. If his friends come over,I chill at the back(that's my choice).if mama is going out with us,she sits wherever she wants,if I'm driving her somewhere,she sits at the back.i don't get why sitting in front is so important.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Words Of Wisdom And Encouragement For Ladies / MEN!! If You Believe Women Are Behind Successful Men, You Are An IDIOT! (Photos) / Women Who Say They Are STRONG AND INDEPENDENT Deserve SLAPS! This Is Why (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.