Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja (71103 Views)

This Is Tokyo Not Ajegunle / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / My Amazing Trip To Tokyo, Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Rugaria: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2020
Bobby95:
i get u bro. But there is somthing wrong with 90% of black skin minds. Common buyin if saxhet water he already thinking of 1001 way to cheat u, u mistakinly drop ur wallet he will neva call u back, it ur loss. Average black d moment he and is family has eaten, he does not care wat other people. Average black man wants to make money, but not to help others or change the world but to get expensive stuff and rub on the face of his neighbours and tell them he is beta than them. I dont think this is a poverty induced mentality, most are born with such trait.

At the base, the human is hobbesial", that is why we are termed "animals"! We are animals! Black white yellow red animals! African, American, European,Asian animals! Get the point? We are same at the base! Our default settings are crude without laws..So where is the difference? It's the culture,stuupid! I mean, its the culture that makes me and you act out more of our animalistic traits than say the man from Afghanistan. Two people from the same ethnicity can act so totally different when raised in two different countries! Aree you aware?

The question then should be: why are we so culturally inclined to move in circles? That is why I mentioned the need for elites in the society to continuously skew cutural rejuvenation towards paths that encourages every one to be accountable to the generally acceptable standards. Lee of Singapore pushed his fishing port society into a modern state, Buhari is marooned in Nigeria and the black man in nigeria suffers as a result...Take ruga for instance! Why is Buhari refusing to force the herders to embibe new farming methods already in use in other climes? That is a typical example of the failure of the elite that I mentioned earlie...

If new methods of herding were forced down on the pastoralists, you know what will happen? They will produce more meat, making the dinner table across Nigeria richer, they will produce more milk, they will produce more hide and skin, the herders kids who wonder in the bush with them will start to go to formal schools and avoid more diseases in the bush. Just the effect of one good policy on a nations general psyche.. you can extend this thinking across board.. So the problem is basically tht of administrative failures occasioned by endless bad leadership. Yes bad leaders are part of the us as black people, but it's also true that bad leaders visited every society of the world at a certain stage. Heard of the French,, Russian, American and chinese revolutions? They all happened because of bad leaderships... Africa/blacks will get it right someday, although it's really starked against us, I mean in terms of powerful countries interested in seeing Africa this way.

As per pickpockets and all those tiny bad harbits you alluded to... Lol, if them pick your pocket for Asia ehn.. them fit collect your prick join sef.. have seen a Yoruba woman wailing, rolling in the ground somewhere in China because some mischievous locals "picked" over 20k USD from her bag in a very busy street like tht.. they will collect your stuff in front of you and it will even take you hours to know ..

13 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Rugaria: 10:15am On Sep 22, 2020
BigSarah:

I don't believe anyone is special. People are capable of doing special things though, but are Africans those people?... Look at Africans track record even prior colonialism, western civilization isn't our game it's the whites game you can't beat the creator of the game... Africans would fail in attainment of real western development goats don't fly... No I haven't read the book but i know a little about Singapore's advancement, but can it ever be replicated here in Africa or God have it Nigeria?

But Asians are not white na.. I referred to Asian countries because the op was posting pictures from Asian cities. Asians are not whites. Infact, culturally, they showcase far more similar traits closer to Africans than Europeans. I mean as regards to say love for family/family structure, outlook to life etc.... Don't be so certain of Africas inability to grow. China was a farming society few decades ago, the communists had to chase away the previous rulers, look at them now....

Cars, high rises, planes,. Phones, TV's , name them..., Mostly western inventions tht modernised culture globally but today we have Samsung, Hyundai, Toyota, Yamaha, recently Huawei etc, all Asians. First skyscraper was biult in America but the tallest building today is in Asia... What makes you think that in the next 50 years , the tallest building then won't be say in Dakar Senegal, Abidjan or Nairobi? Even if you come last, make sure say you reached the goal. Na so I see am ooo..

Btw, sorry for the name calling on my initial post while quoting yours. Obviously I was enraged. I'll go now to edit that..

11 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Bobby95(m): 10:18am On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:

At the base, the human is hobbesial", that is why we are termed "animals"! We are animals! Black white yellow red animals! African, American, European,Asian animals! Get the point? We are same at the base! Our default settings are crude without laws..So where is the difference? It's the culture,stuupid! I mean, its the culture that makes me and you act out more of our animalistic traits than say the man from Afghanistan. Two people from the same ethnicity can act so totally different when raised in two different countries! Aree you aware?

The question then should be: why are we so culturally inclined to move in circles? That is why I mentioned the need for elites in the society to continuously skew cutural rejuvenation towards paths that encourages every one to be accountable to the generally acceptable standards. Lee of Singapore pushed his fishing port society into a modern state, Buhari is marooned in Nigeria and the black man in nigeria suffers as a result...Take ruga for instance! Why is Buhari refusing to force the herders to embibe new farming methods already in use in other climes? That is a typical example of the failure of the elite that I mentioned earlie...

If new methods of herding were forced down on the pastoralists, you know what will happen? They will produce more meat, making the dinner table across Nigeria richer, they will produce more milk, they will produce more hide and skin, the herders kids who wonder in the bush with them will start to go to formal schools and avoid more diseases in the bush. Just the effect of one good policy on a nations general psyche.. you can extend this thinking across board.. So the problem is basically tht of administrative failures occasioned by endless bad leadership. Yes bad leaders are part of the us as black people, but it's also true that bad leaders visited every society of the world at a certain stage. Heard of the French,, Russian, American and chinese revolutions? They all happened because of bad leaderships... Africa/blacks will get it right someday, although it's really starked against us, I mean in terms of powerful countries interested in seeing Africa this way.

As per pickpockets and all those tiny bad harbits you alluded to... Lol, if them pick your pocket for Asia ehn.. them fit collect your prick join sef.. have seen a Yoruba woman wailing, rolling in the ground somewhere in China because some mischievous locals "picked" over 20k USD from her bag in a very busy street like tht.. they will collect your stuff in front of you and it will even take you hours to know ..
in summary, u saying all this trait being exhibited is as a result of lawlessness
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by iramure(m): 10:32am On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:

The UAE with Dubai is a very serious Moslem state yet they have given the world the most stunning cities. Singaporean laws are firmly rooted in Islamic practices.., you get flogged for chewing gum or graffitis! Saudi Arabia the home of Islam is biulding a new shiny city where liberalism will be the norm! Kuala Lumpur is religiously inclined....
Bottomline: we blame religion toooo much. Some religious countries are also doing better... Change the system that only rockets evil minded people like Obasanjo Buhari and babangida to power and liberalize the process of accessing power so the decent minded can feel free to join politics... Until then, we are stuck with ruganomics...
there is sense here. Thank you.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Xfemt(m): 10:33am On Sep 22, 2020
OGA off the mic

I say off d mic
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by BigSarah(f): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:

But Asians are not white na.. I referred to Asian countries because the op was posting pictures from Asian cities. Asians are not whites. Infact, culturally, they showcase far more similar traits closer to Africans than Europeans. I mean as regards to say love for family/family structure, outlook to life etc.... Don't be so certain of Africas inability to grow. China was a farming society few decades ago, the communists had to chase away the previous rulers, look at them now....

Cars, high rises, planes,. Phones, TV's , name them..., Mostly western inventions tht modernised culture globally but today we have Samsung, Hyundai, Toyota, Yamaha, recently Huawei etc, all Asians. First skyscraper was biult in America but the tallest building today is in Asia... What makes you think that in the next 50 years , the tallest building then won't be say in Dakar Senegal, Abidjan or Nairobi? Even if you come last, make sure say you reached the goal. Na so I see am ooo..

Btw, sorry for the name calling on my initial post while quoting yours. Obviously I was enraged. I'll go now to edit that..

Well said, if Africa can do it good ...Godspeed!
Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Lionelbhass(m): 10:46am On Sep 22, 2020
Angel that shared location you no do me well oh.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Cousin9999: 11:03am On Sep 22, 2020
-In Japan, there's no law against discrimination (of any kind).

-Prostitution is rampant in Japan.

-Domestic violence is common in Japan.

-Public alarmed by sexual assault acquittals in Japan https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/backstories/545/

Japan is a toilet with infrastructure.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Cousin9999: 11:07am On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:

The UAE with Dubai is a very serious Moslem state yet they have given the world the most stunning cities. Singaporean laws are firmly rooted in Islamic practices.., you get flogged for chewing gum or graffitis! Saudi Arabia the home of Islam is biulding a new shiny city where liberalism will be the norm! Kuala Lumpur is religiously inclined....
Bottomline: we blame religion toooo much. Some religious countries are also doing better... Change the system that only rockets evil minded people like Obasanjo Buhari and babangida to power and liberalize the process of accessing power so the decent minded can feel free to join politics... Until then, we are stuck with ruganomics...

Most Muslim countries use human trafficking for labor.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Cousin9999: 11:10am On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:
Have you seen the new shanghai? Asians don't biuld cities, they mould 'em..

And almost every single person in Shanghai hates China and wants to leave.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Cousin9999: 11:14am On Sep 22, 2020
AwkaFinest:

When 90% of cars on Nigerian roads are Japanese eg Toyota, Honda, Nissan with their luxury models like Lexus, Acura and Infiniti.

Most cars on American roads are Asian. Most American products are Asian. Asians agreed to be manufacturing slaves to the west. The west didn't want to pay real wages, so they set up shop with their faithful slaves in Asia.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Cousin9999: 11:23am On Sep 22, 2020
[Japan] is three times the suicide rate in the United Kingdom.

Suicide rates per country (per 100,000)
Country Total Female Male
Republic of Korea 28.9 18 41.7
Hungary 19.1 7.4 32.4
Japan 18.5 10.1 26.9
Poland 16.6 3.8 30.5
Belgium 14.2 7.7 21.0
Finland 14.8 7.5 22.2

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-33362387

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Rugaria: 11:31am On Sep 22, 2020
Bobby95:
in summary, u saying all this trait being exhibited is as a result of lawlessness

As a result of bad leadership, corrupt elite and ineffective State structures. For the state to work optimally, you need to have good men in charge, politics sanitized and the rule of law entrenched. Political elites/leaders should be able to tweak cultural changes in a way they meet modern demands. States have to be structured in a way that citizens beleive in the state..Tht strong belief in the state leads to nationalism/patriotism which are essential in arousing the population to achieve greater goals. You can't get patriotism in a place like Nigeria where a large chunk of the population is on a perennial battle with say the president or where certain groups feel victimized. Petty criminal behavioral trends like the examples you cited earlier, exist in very society riddled with structural deficiencies. Effective states make good laws and most importantly enforce them! If you don't enforce laws, deviants will always run amock..

10 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Rugaria: 11:33am On Sep 22, 2020
Cousin9999:

And almost every single person in Shanghai hates China and wants to leave.

Wrong Sir! Western propaganda! Chinese love their country... Unless you are talking about the folks in HK and Taiwan...

5 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by sunshineV(f): 11:45am On Sep 22, 2020
sorority11:
This cities that is filled with adverts in every building and you are calling this beauty.
A beautiful city is one that is filled with nature, trees, grasses, even passing the street will make your BP regulate.
This is rubbish to me
dey go sambisa forest na
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Golan007: 11:58am On Sep 22, 2020
FarahAideed:
That's why it's annoying when I see those villagers from one south west village claiming Lagos is developed just because the came across the Lekki Ikoyi bridge or 10 story building somewhere in Lagos

Shatap.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing people who cannot even produce bicycles trying to compete the state of their nation with others.

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Muna4real(f): 12:51pm On Sep 22, 2020
ODJ124:
every time we keep insulting our country this isn't fair...
let's appreciate what we have..

we compare ourselves with developed countries..

when only their defense budget alone can fund Nigerian budget 2 years none stop...
do we even have money... compared to them..

Most Africans sees Nigeria as the USA of Africa...

Hahahahahaha. How then will they see South Africa, and Egypt? You made me laugh this afternoon grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by ODJ124(m): 12:56pm On Sep 22, 2020
Muna4real:

Hahahahahaha. How then will they see South Africa, and Egypt? You made me laugh this afternoon grin
grin
Muna4real:

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Bobby95(m): 1:08pm On Sep 22, 2020
Rugaria:

As a result of bad leadership, corrupt elite and ineffective State structures. For the state to work optimally, you need to have good men in charge, politics sanitized and the rule of law entrenched. Political elites/leaders should be able to tweak cultural changes in a way they meet modern demands. States have to be structured in a way that citizens beleive in the state..Tht strong belief in the state leads to nationalism/patriotism which are essential in arousing the population to achieve greater goals. You can't get patriotism in a place like Nigeria where a large chunk of the population is on a perennial battle with say the president or where certain groups feel victimized. Petty criminal behavioral trends like the examples you cited earlier, exist in very society riddled with structural deficiencies. Effective states make good laws and most importantly enforce them! If you don't enforce laws, deviants will always run amock..
well said....
But i guess Nigeria will have to wait till second coming of Christ before she will get someone to tailor her affairs effectively to the root because the average Nigerian cares about names in politics not wat d person have to offer.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 22, 2020
Muna4real:

Lol that was hilarious

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Newboss(m): 2:00pm On Sep 22, 2020
tollyboy5:
it seems Nigerians don't know we are third world country, the world has gone beyond the development we celebrate. No hate , but let's hold our leaders responsible . some people still post third mainland bridge to show development in Lagos undecided

You think government built all those flashy things you see there? Dey there dey wait for government to do what no government should be doing. I noticed Nigerians don't know the purpose of government in a democracy.

Nigerian society is shitty. Savvy investors avoid such places. A shitty society is a hopeless society.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by TheGreatIYANU: 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2020
tollyboy5:
it seems Nigerians don't know we are third world country, the world has gone beyond the development we celebrate. No hate , but let's hold our leaders responsible . some people still post third mainland bridge to show development in Lagos undecided

Just look at all that LIGHT! OP God bless you for this post!
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by AwkaFinest: 3:25pm On Sep 22, 2020
Cousin9999:

Most cars on American roads are Asian. Most American products are Asian. Asians agreed to be manufacturing slaves to the west. The west didn't want to pay real wages, so they set up shop with their faithful slaves in Asia.

Slaves you say? People that are developing themselves and their country you are calling them slaves.

The Anericans and Europeans should be there laying around while the Asians continue to rise.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by tollyboy5(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
Newboss:

You think government built all those flashy things you see there? Dey there dey wait for government to do what no government should be doing. I noticed Nigerians don't know the purpose of government in a democracy.

Nigerian society is shitty. Savvy investors avoid such places. A shitty society is a hopeless society.
Me and my IT team has been working on software solution to solve basic needs. But almost all of us complain of lack of electricity. In my area @ ojo we do share light, today is not our turn so I'm my friend place now waiting for him to come back from agbara so Ill use his gen.
One way or the other if the government of a nation is bad the citizen would hardly progress and the country in general will not grow.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by tollyboy5(m): 3:26pm On Sep 22, 2020
tollyboy5:

Me and my IT team has been working on software solution to solve basic needs. But almost all of us complain of lack of electricity. In my area @ ojo we do share light, today is not our turn so I'm my friend place now waiting for him to come back from agbara so Ill use his gen.
One way or the other if the government of a nation is bad the citizen would hardly progress and the country in general will not grow.

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Celebsnews2: 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
Wow such a colour city.

Meanwhile, Thousands of Icons Cheer and sing Praises of Laycon as he receives his grand prize of a house, car and 30million naira cash.
See the moments�

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjfPn8aJUu4
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Kemimarch16(f): 3:06pm On Sep 30, 2020
Lovely
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Horlami247: 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
I love warai see tongue
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Jeromejnr(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
tollyboy5:

Lol.. I love your last statement.

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by gbolswag(m): 3:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Nigeria is not the only country in Africa

God bless Nigeria with a good leader one day

please don't forget NIGERIA YOUTHS 900million votes in big brother naija

its all our fault
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Zetty177x: 3:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
tollyboy5:

Some people still post third mainland bridge as development? I refuse to believe u!!! Jeez

After what Buhari did in 1984, people still voted him back in!hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Train Goes Off The Railway In Ikeja, Lagos (Photos) / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Reno Omokri: 7 Countries Nigerians Can Vacation Without Visas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.