Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,583 members, 7,837,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:47 PM

This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja (71215 Views)

This Is Tokyo Not Ajegunle / Abuja Light Rail: This Is Not Dubai, Tokyo, London, But Abuja / My Amazing Trip To Tokyo, Japan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2020
Tolase1999:

you too visit myammar, laos, sri lanka, bangladesh,maldives and haiti and some part of india, they come back for discussion, 9ja is bad we all agree but stop vilifying, as if nigeria has no good.
educate that lowlife
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Litmus: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
sorority11:
This cities that is filled with adverts in every building and you are calling this beauty.
A beautiful city is one that is filled with nature, trees, grasses, even passing the street will make your BP regulate.
This is rubbish to me

Don't mind them. Much as I admire the Japanese, i would be very, very disappointed if influential Nigerians are right now looking at Tokyo and thinking, 'wow, this is what we dream for Nigeria’.
Nigeria is a clean slate; we should be looking beyond many of these old world cities. Cities like Tokoy, London, and Paris are imbedded, it would cost them far more to build what Nigeria could build than to just leave things as they are and refurbish here and there or build one or two fantastic new structures in replacement of some unsafe older buildings. The future of urban development belongs to nations like Nigeria.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Fearlez: 3:41pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Ignorance at Neptune levelz...
If you have a disability, you are the one with such. Not me an you! Nothing is wrong with me. I have schooled and lived with these people and beat them silly in different fields. My only daughter is biracial and the smartest in her classes. Nothing wrong with the black man or his color or continent. We are just going through a rough period which has been very tough because we haven't been able to chase out charlatans from positions of power! Simple. I am soooo tired of characters like you and your deluge of outbursts riddled with all sorts of inferiority complex! In that Asia, there are countries like Laos, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, sirilanka etc that are as poor as Mali or Cameroon. In Africa, the southern and eastern African countries are picking up rapidly. China was so bad the people used ordinary grasses for vegetables Les than 5 decades ago. They have fixed that.. we will fix ours at some point when people like you stop electing buffoons like Buhari as president!
Once again; you are the one with disability not Africans! Thank you!!
so much emotion.

Africans have been scientifically placed at the bottom of IQ racially. Now we have some serious debunking to do scientifically about that.

While Africa has individual talents and brains to match the rest of the world, the percentage has not been big enough to make a collective transformation in Africa. In other climes, it's the small percentage of their geniuses that changed their societies.

I find it very worrisome that Africa has not contributed anything independently to technology or development and we're still the most undeveloped part of the world.

5 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
when this country split I know Igbo will still be begging ECOWAS to intervene on their matter as we gonna chop them raw
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Merimental(m): 3:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Bros,
I'm not comparing Lagos and Aba. Pls be guided. I'm telling you as a matter of fact tht Lagos is a huge jungle. Visit shanghai, visit HK, visit Singapore, visit Shenzhen, visit Ningbo, visit Tokyo visit Kuala Lumpur..., Come back and you will say worse things about Lagos... Some of the places you just mentioned are just the equivalent of middle class neighbourhoods in these places. But I know you will choose to argue.... With your skull like tht of oshiomohle..
u are so on point. dey tink constant traffic jam is synonymous to development. how many sky scrappers dey Lagos sef ?

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by FarahAideed: 3:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
Yomit71:

Lagos is still the London of Igbos, they can't but shine teeth here

We come to Lagos to get access to the port so we can pick up our goods ..Gives us a major port on the east and see if you would see any of us hear except musicians

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Map1(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

If you have a disability, you are the one with such. Not me an you! Nothing is wrong with me. I have schooled and lived with these people and beat them silly in different fields. My only daughter is biracial and the smartest in her classes. Nothing wrong with the black man or his color or continent. We are just going through a rough period which has been very tough because we haven't been able to chase out charlatans from positions of power! Simple. I am soooo tired of characters like you and your deluge of outbursts riddled with all sorts of inferiority complex! In that Asia, there are countries like Laos, Philippines, Cambodia, Myanmar, sirilanka etc that are as poor as Mali or Cameroon. In Africa, the southern and eastern African countries are picking up rapidly. China was so bad the people used ordinary grasses for vegetables Les than 5 decades ago. They have fixed that.. we will fix ours at some point when people like you stop electing buffoons like Buhari as president!
Oga with all this your long journey grammar, when you wake up to the Reality you will know that black nation are backward in terms of every thing most expecially black Africa

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
FarahAideed:

We come to Lagos to get access to the port so we can pick up our goods ..Gives us a major port on the east and see if you would see any of us hear except musicians
we can't give you port..never
you had better die
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Surfacebaba: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
kaii Nigeria government u na bad oooo
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
This post doesn't make sense at all. Tokyo is advanced country in the same level with US, Russia, UK, Germany. In fact, Japan is arguably the best in terms of Technology in the world. They're the founders of Mechatronics Engineering (Robotic Education). I don't know why some Nigerians think US and Europe are the only developed nations.
Japan is among G-8 countries, one of the most developed nations on earth. Japan was developed nation before WWII.

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by tommy589(m): 3:49pm On Sep 30, 2020
Rugaria:

Thank you!

This complex would disappear when they start to read outside what they get taught in class alone. No knowledge of black history to know why we are this way...if only they know.Japan monarchy is over 2000 years old and became ceremonial at the end of WW2. Stable government with succecion plan policy etc makes a nation develop

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by cooltola(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
Until we get rid of corruption and corrupt leaders or politicians, nothing is changing in Nigeria. When there are no consequences, bad behaviors become serious encouraged and this is what is happening in Nigeria. I remember I went to an APC function outside Nigeria, and if you see how they were sharing money, you know why Nigeria is very backward. If We can give such corrupt politicians or the untouchable a very lengthy prison sentences through a very strong judiciary branch, then Nigeria will improve drastically. Imagine an ex president or ex governor sentenced to 30 years for corruption charge if found guilty, the effect will be immediate. Till then , we can keep hoping.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Abagworo(m): 3:50pm On Sep 30, 2020
It all boils down to one thing which is poor and irregular power supply. Nigerian economy will enjoy a great leap if we can solve half our power problems.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Chirowman(m): 3:51pm On Sep 30, 2020
How can you compare Tokyo with Abuja ,Even Acra Ghana not to talk of Cairo has levels .Tokyo is a beautiful city most cities in Nigeria are behind the standard of many Asian cities .some people are only cashing out for their 100 generations without developments on their mindsets .

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Litmus: 3:52pm On Sep 30, 2020

Planted buildings of Singapore

With all the heat and rainfalls, we need to be building along these lines...

underground roads that leaves the city uncloted with trafic so that people can walk or cycle sorroundd by greenry, lakes and fresh air.

Fix for a Hated N.Y.C. Highway: How About an $11 Billion Tunnel?

The City Council wants to transform the crumbling Brooklyn-Queens Expressway by building a three-mile tunnel underneath Brooklyn.
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/24/nyregion/bqe-tunnel.html
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
after several investigation and evaluation, I have observed that the problem we have in this nation are the Igbo nonentities who create division among us on a daily basis, how can a nation progress with the presence devilish entities like them.
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by joepepsy(m): 3:53pm On Sep 30, 2020
Igbos travel my foot,when did igbos start travelling,please develop Aba first let the world see how great this wonderful tribe will transform biafra.
Commonsense99:
grin
You have time to educate these village boys when they cant use Google images to educate themselves.
I felt ashamed when I saw a thread comparing Abuja with Dubai or Tokyo railways.,
Tokyo's Shinjuku Station is the most complicated, most fascinating, largest railway system in the whole world!
Nigeria should be relegated to a 4th World country, reason why some People still thinks lagos, and Kaduna are developed.
When igbos who travel a lot complain they call them ipob, reason why we want our Biafra.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
ODJ124:
every time we keep insulting our country this isn't fair...
let's appreciate what we have..

we compare ourselves with developed countries..

when only their defense budget alone can fund Nigerian budget 2 years none stop...
do we even have money... compared to them..

Most Africans sees Nigeria as the USA of Africa...

This is a fact and when I tell some of them the reality, they don't believe me. I have friends in SA, Kenya that know Nigerian songs, artists and Nollywood movies more than me.

This life sef
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by tommy589(m): 3:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
Daum:

Lee ruled till he died. He only gave power to his son who is still ruling today. The PAP has been in power since. To me democracy as we have in the US is not for us.

We should have our home grown democracy not western styled
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by cooltola(m): 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Abagworo:
It all boils down to one thing which is poor and irregular power supply. Nigerian economy will enjoy a great leap if we can solve half our power problems.

We cannot solve the power supply when we have too many hungry politicians looking for money to loot There are no serious laws regulating corruption and most politicians are getting away with the national cake with no serious prison time. If my local government hardly fix the road what make one think that those in power will want improvement in the power supply. A strong judiciary system with an auditing government agency on how money is spend will keep Nigeria corruption in check. The Judiciary branch in Nigeria is very weak and it is not strong enough to counter the executive branch or legislative branch. Nigeria do not have a true check and balance of power

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by mattmogan88: 3:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
SHAKING MY HEAD, just tell me why I no go SHAKE MY HEAD

Others are already living the kind life we v been dreaming of since we were born. it's a shame
STILL SHAKING MY HEAD

1 Like

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by supercase1(m): 3:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
iokpebholo:
Nigerians want this kind of digital development but voted an analogue man as president
so atiku is digital grin
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by SlayerForever: 3:59pm On Sep 30, 2020
People saying there's something wrong with the black color have been defeated mentally by eurocentrism.

If there was something wrong with the black man he would never succeed no matter where he finds himself. And that is not the case.

Most of Africa is just grappling with leadership problems. For example, if you say there's a problem with black, do you know in some African countries they can never cheat you no matter what? Do you know they don't steal, crime is generally low, and other positive attributes. Are they not black people too?

Shun that nonsense mentality. We can do it, even if it won't come easy.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by ada9ja(f): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
coolcharm:
Oga OP, please off the mic cheesy

Because they bought 3 fairly used 1990 trains from China with the loan china gave them... They feel they have arrived.

They? As if u re from Japan

Yeye dey smell
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by BreconHills(m): 4:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
tollyboy5:
it seems Nigerians don't know we are third world country, the world has gone beyond the development we celebrate. No hate , but let's hold our leaders responsible . some people still post third mainland bridge to show development in Lagos undecided

You make a valid point about Nigerians being easily satisfied. However comparing Nigeria to Japan is a bit of a misnomer. After the second World War Japan was completely crushed - its industrial regions destroyed and its people humiliated and broken. The US led Marshall plan injected $13bn into the economy using the brightest economic minds of the time. Secondly Japan is about 2,680 years old. Thirdly Japan is a largely homogenous country with ancestral lines from only two sources the Yayohi and the Jomon people unlike the fractious patchwork of people that make up Nigeria.

This is no excuse for the brigandry and corruption that takes place in Nigeria or the nigh lack of developmental vision but it is important that we also take a step back. It is only when we step back that we can see the true problems of Nigeria as an artificial state with no common culture or vision. Until this is righted, we will remain undeveloped. As the good book says in Amos " Can two walk together except they be agreed?"

2 Likes

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Ykc2(m): 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
Yomit71:

na your father built malaga??
den make una no dey show us wey outside naija one street for lagos or Abuja dey tell say na so all the city be angry, no be lagos mushin Oshodi bariga idumota makoko ebute metta IJORA ajamgbadi amukoko ajegunle agege ikorodu gbagada iyana ipaja yaba palmgrove isolo shebi all this places I mentioned day that lagos abi? undecided,

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by supercase1(m): 4:02pm On Sep 30, 2020
BigSarah:

No one in the history of the world has ever run a government that’s fair and righteous , that’s impossible..even Jesus and prophet Muhammad S.A.W didn’t engage with government because that would ruin their record...
If you blame the government always where are the good people in Nigeria the ones that won’t include vices in governance, i will tell you they don’t exist in Africa we don’t have them. Every politician comes from the African community what we see is our best , the best we have the best we deserve and the best we recieve... Personally I don’t believe there’s hope for Africa, Nigeria especially, our leaders got the worst lecture during colonialism that was all about stealing and exploitation, so you can’t expect them do anything worthy that what the British taught them... and that’s what the politician are teaching their henchmen and lackeys ... The system is rigged and no one seems to care!
stop yarning rubbish bro,who tell you no good pepo in Africa,u don't know how politics and system in Nigeria and Africa in general operates? these bad guys chance every opportunity that matters and after that they put on their stooge when they are about to retire.do you think votes counts in Nigeria I bet you if it really counted so many smaller and good Politicians in other parties might have had a chance but in nigeria,hell no.infact if the bad guys no annoint and blend you,even your money wey long no go save you grin
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by Yomit71(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Ykc2:
den make una no dey show us wey outside naija one street for lagos or Abuja dey tell say na so all the city be angry, no be lagos mushin Oshodi bariga idumota makoko ebute metta IJORA ajamgbadi amukoko ajegunle agege ikorodu gbagada iyana ipaja yaba palmgrove isolo shebi all this places I mentioned day that lagos abi? undecided,
even those places you mentioned can't be compare to Awka, umuya, owerre
Re: This Is Tokyo Japan Not Abuja by King2019(m): 4:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:
Dem no get motor
Na leg all of them dey waka
Abuja better pass dis!!

Who dey produce Toyota?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: 7 Countries Nigerians Can Vacation Without Visas / Coldest States In Nigeria / Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.