Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,749 members, 7,813,459 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:35 PM

Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) (60504 Views)

APC Governors Angry Over List Of Tinubu’s Campaign Council, Threaten Sabotage / Muslim-Muslim Ticket: Fayemi Urges CAN To Evolve A Charter Of Demands / RevolutionNow Organizer Releases List Of Demands, Vows To Go Ahead With Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Adex2442:

Are u there now

Yes, Menlyn.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Evidenx(m): 4:23pm On Sep 24, 2020
MyMilkshake:

I love Gauteng more, the vibe here is much better.
okay ooo we all have our choice..lol
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by earnit3: 4:25pm On Sep 24, 2020
Really
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Evidenx:
okay ooo we all have our choice..lol

I had a choice to study at UCT but chose UP. So I'm aware of what Cape town has to offer. Pretoria gives me proximity to Joburg. Great lifestyle!
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
4words:

No, I am in Nigeria ... I do go to South Africa on visits and I won't lie, I love the peace and life in Cape Town

Will u still return after reading this article?
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by emerged01(m): 4:32pm On Sep 24, 2020
Nigeria as a country is far behind. I couldn’t even read the article. I just took my time to look at the pictures, and I asked myself,”why can’t Nigeria streets look like the one in the pictures?” We have kept silent for too long.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by emperorshaokahn(m): 4:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
veritasetfidei:

What a load of balderdash masquerading as fact . Have you ever read a South African newspaper ? Followed a parliamentary debate live online ? The issues that south africans are currently debating include amongst others :

1. Land reform
2. Corruption
3. Labor law reform to encourage investment

As a person of mixed heritage no one that I know is scared of debating or confronting any other south african and we do not have overlords . Do yourself a favor and join r/southafrica on Reddit and watch the debats and arguments there which I submit is a reasonable microcosm of our society and the debates we are currently having.

What Nigerians have to do is admit that the majority of Nigerians leaving for SA are not the cream of the crop but rather those who bring your country no praise . Calling this out and acknowledging it is the first step towards realizing that their conduct is detrimental to international relations in the long term due to the perception of Nigerians which these chaps create by their persistent and endemic unlawful behavior.

Find below a link illustrating how many foreigners were in SA prisoners as of 2017
https://www.htxt.co.za/2017/07/10/how-many-foreigners-sa-prisons/
why are you guys targeting only nigerians?,you are not talking to kids or dumbheads here,nigerians are less then 2% of your country's population,trying to shift your social/economic problems on them is quite stupid and dumb.i think black south africans are suffering from stockholm syndrome,the whites and the anc which are they know are their problems are being worshiped by them.black south africans are confused.

2 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by 4words: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
MyMilkshake:

Will u still return after reading this article?

I am hoping that the situation will die down if the government attend to their concerns ...

By deporting all illegal migrant. Those that have over stayed, or without any means of income. If this is done, the agitation will go naturally die, then legit migrant or visitors will have the opportunity and freewill to come. Including myself.

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by EagleNest(m): 4:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Minxie:

Yes you are absolutely right and we are addressing the issue of mob justice. I think you can agree that mob justice is not only found in South Africa but nevertheless, we are condemning it. At the same time,the group of protesters clearly decided to take the diplomatic route by approaching the Nigerian representatives with a list of their demands. They are seeking that our African governments also take responsibility for the criminal activities of some of their people.

As I recall, when attacks broke out,the rest of Africa asked why they didn't go about their issues in a more diplomatic way. Well now they have and they are trying to involve other African leaders to solve the problem but when it comes to the lives of their citizens, generally African leaders couldn't care less.

It is good and more respectful move if you ask me, assuming the motive is well intended. Now certain country or countries have been singled out for this purpose. Perhaps they are the worst in SA's assessment.

But I would still think that SA community should get across to local law enforcement agencies and report whoever is breaking the law of the land regardless of nationality. I don't like people coming to someone else land and breaking the law. It's not good. But it's equally sad when the local citizens starts generalising and destroying everything including life, just to send a message.

Tell the law officers, and they'll will bring them to justice one-by-one. That's how it's done in Western world. It doesnt matter how long it takes, they will bring them down.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by vioment: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Black south Africans are the ones hating.

Time to align with white and other SA.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
4words:

I am hoping that the situation will die down if the government attend to their concerns ...

By deporting all illegal migrant. Those that have over stayed, or without any means of income. If this is done, the agitation will go naturally die, then legit migrant or visitors will have the opportunity and freewill to come. Including myself.

Yeah they don't have a problem with tourists and travelling businessmen, it's those ones loitering about the CBD that they dislike.

What does 4words mean cheesy
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 4:50pm On Sep 24, 2020
emperorshaokahn:
why are you guys targeting only nigerians?,you are not talking to kids or dumbheads here,nigerians are less then 2% of your country's population,trying to shift your social/economic problems on them is quite stupid and dumb.i think black south africans are suffering from stockholm syndrome,the whites and the anc which are they know are their problems are being worshiped by them.black south africans are confused.

Check #voetsekANC and you will see South Africans are always challenging their government and angry with it
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by BigIyanga: 4:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
Minxie:

Yes you are absolutely right and we are addressing the issue of mob justice. I think you can agree that mob justice is not only found in South Africa but nevertheless, we are condemning it. At the same time,the group of protesters clearly decided to take the diplomatic route by approaching the Nigerian representatives with a list of their demands. They are seeking that our African governments also take responsibility for the criminal activities of some of their people.

As I recall, when attacks broke out,the rest of Africa asked why they didn't go about their issues in a more diplomatic way. Well now they have and they are trying to involve other African leaders to solve the problem but when it comes to the lives of their citizens, generally African leaders couldn't care less.
Are you aware that less than 25% of police/legal cases involving Nigerians were drug related? So are the drug users and buyers Nigerians too?
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 4:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
NgwalandAbia:

Look at this house negro that can't liberate from the inferior stupid boers from Holland talking about level ahead. mention one south african in world stage..A country that don't even have two black billionaires, HIV infested land with lazy hopeless black urchins rooming around looking for Nigerians to show their bloody frustration.

A shiit hole we have used it's passport and dumped. You are very pathetic Zulu cave man.

People like you are the reason Mandela was in prison.

Spit on all Nigerians that can't tell you the dirty fact!

If we were as corrupt as you we would also be overnight billionaires. Why don't you mention your billionaires drive on and into pool-sized potholes and gravel roads because they are busy looting state coffers instead of building roads. You're too little to say anything about SA.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 5:00pm On Sep 24, 2020
Biodun556:

Is it not reasonable for them to withdraw their citizens first before forcefully rejecting foreigners?

They are doing this because there is no retaliation from other African countries. If they kidnapp many of them here in Nigeria, they will stop that rubbish.

How many South Africans do you know in Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by ezechi24(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
Coldie:
Nigerians don too over do.

The kind of crimes some Nigerians commit no make sense, in Nigeria alone they potray bad attitudes, they would still be bold enough to take this bad attitude abroad.

Give a Nigerian money in Nigeria to do sth for u, once that money enters his hand it would seem as if u are begging him to do sth for u, on top your own money.

Borrow a Nigerian money, just prepare ur self for high blood pressure.

We have so much gotten used to fraudulent and wayo lifestyle that we think thats the way things are supposed to be everywhere.

oga stop all these nonsense you are typing
...what is wrong with you ....we have a hand full of bad Nigerians, so as south africa ....are nigerians the ones raping their ladies?...are Nigerians the ones segregating them in their schools and politics?...please the fact that you came in contact with bad people doesn't make every Nigerian is bad....we also hear bad news from the so called so Africa being the country with the highest rape case is a bad tale from their path....BTW I support the deportation of the foreigners without right documents.

2 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
Bambambiglo:

I know you're high on nyaope just like every other SA citizen so I have no words for you imp

Got under your skin hey cool
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Minxie(f): 5:02pm On Sep 24, 2020
EagleNest:

It is good and more respectful move if you ask me, assuming the motive is well intended. Now certain country or countries have been singled out for this purpose. Perhaps they are the worst in SA's assessment.

But I would still think that SA community should get across to local law enforcement agencies and report whoever is breaking the law of the land regardless of nationality. I don't like people coming to someone else land and breaking the law. It's not good. But it's equally sad when the local citizens starts generalising and destroying everything including life, just to send a message.

Tell the law officers, and they'll will bring them to justice one-by-one. That's how it's done in Western world. It doesnt matter how long it takes, they will bring them down.

I wish we were like developed countries but the truth is that South Africa is also struggling. We barely have enough capacity to deal with our own crimes, it's unreasonable for everyone to just say we must get the police. WHy must we as Africans always be policed? Can't we just behave out of the goodness of our hearts? ANd I think that's also a point that we as South Africans make. Why is it necessary for us to use our funds to provide police while everyone from outside just comes in and does whatever. It's not fair. As much as we should work on our security, our brothers must also not break laws. How would Nigerians feel if you are struggling with boko Haram, your own crime and then South African gangsters decide to make Lagos their playground? It wouldn't be fair on your already struggling security system.

This is a two-way thing. More police means more taxes. AT the end of the day it's the South Africans who will pay to beef up security while everyone just tells us: "We can do whatever illegal things, just get more/better police". DO you think that is pan-Africanism?

Where is the love when people cross the border to murder and steal and then cross back to sell their goods? As much as South Africans need to respect other Africans, other Africans should also respect us. it's only fair.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by 4words: 5:07pm On Sep 24, 2020
MyMilkshake:

Yeah they don't have a problem with tourists and travelling businessmen, it's those ones loitering about the CBD that they dislike.

What does 4words mean cheesy

Then let the authority deport those without legit means of livelihoods and illegal immigrants.

4words cheesy cheesy grin when I was opening this account, I really don't talk much... most times I read post and don't feel like contributing. So the first comment felt like making on a post was actually suppose to be very short like four words.

Decided to go with it, 4words, meaning I don't have time for plenty talks.

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
dasparrow:

But you do the same. Nigerians are black people and you stay on Nairaland cussing them out and bringing them down so perhaps you should start by practicing what you preach.

I don't bring down black people, I bring down people who make disparaging comments about South Africa. Call South Africans lazy and slaves, and you'll be told how much of a sh1thole one particular country in West Africa is.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by YEBOmadiba: 5:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
onyechez:

Lmao he can't afford to fill a trolley yet Shoprite claims they can't afford to leave the market sales of 30 billion dollars they get annually from Nigeria, why would a company with such a franchise set up a business in a poverty stricken country for such huge profit, it seems you are misinformed, to start with how many countries in Africa can you find Shoprite. You need to do more reading rather than mis-informing the public.

Here's what I read, thanks for the tip. grin grin grin

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Crispels(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

It's common knowledge that most Nigerians can't afford to buy at Shoprite despite it being a poor man's store in South Africa. So don't pretend.

I never said you need or desire to be in SA, we are talking about those who already are here and menacing - they need to leave.

Those Nigerians who are here for tourism never face any danger as the tourism hotspots are often not fraught with tensions. But frankly, we can do without your tourism if that's gonna be the boogeyman used to scare us into submission, you make up a very small fraction of our annual 10 million international tourist arrivals.

Most Nigerians can't afford ShopRite? This must be a joke! These stores are even mostly sold out. Have you ever been to any ShopRite store in Lagos? Or any shopping store/mall in general? I grew up in Nigeria and I've spent time in South Africa in the past and I can tell you that Nigerians with its population patronize more stores than South Africans. You all keep holding on to the data about Nigeria’s poverty neglecting the fact that about 90% of poor people in Nigeria all live in just one part of the country. Most other cities and states in Nigeria are dominated by strong middle-class families. I just smh when South Africans claim Nigerians are poor - it's the same as me saying South Africans are poor because of what I saw in Soweto(a part of South Africa) in 2015.

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Minxie(f): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
BigIyanga:

Are you aware that less than 25% of Nigerians in RSA who have had issues with the law were drug related? So are the drug users and buyers Nigerians too?

As much as we have a problem with youths and drugs, it does not justify the selling of drugs by foreigners. Just because Nigeria has a problem with the youth being recruited into boko haram, are you gonna take it lightly when al-shabaab decides it also wants to recruit Nigerians? There is a market for their activities, why can't they just join in too? does that seem okay to you?

In South Africa it is very difficult to arrest and prosecute someone for drugs if it is not found in their possession. It's even more difficult when suspects can't be traced.

Obviously not all Nigerians are drug dealers. But that doesn't stop the problem from being a problem. For example, just because not every coloured is a druggie, doesn't mean that there isn't a drug addiction problem in the community. The presence of coloured doctors, engineers or other professionals does not take away from the fact that there exists a drug problem in coloured communities.

If Nigerians acknowledge that there is a problem, they can work towards a solution. We as South Africans acknowledge that we have criminals and rapists and druggies etc. WHich is why you are seeing mass protests and community projects that seek to address the problem.

Please Nigeria,work with us to address this problem too.

2 Likes

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by NgwalandAbia(m): 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

If we were as corrupt as you we would also be overnight billionaires. Why don't you mention your billionaires drive on and into pool-sized potholes and gravel roads because they are busy looting state coffers instead of building roads. You're too little to say anything about SA.

Shut up fool, I know your people much than you do, poor brat, the road network in my state is far better than what the shiit white gay guys gave you people.

Corrupt my asss, when you don't have sense you can't loot, senseless south africans don't know how to loot because few use computer, by the way, a man from my mother's village called Jaja Wachuku helped liberate your personal lord and saviour called Madiba, next time pick a call from those going soft on you. You are so uncultured and uncivilized to face me. I hope you have eating today. Have you called the inferior white man in your land "Bass" today..Or yes Bass..Foolish Nkapi.

"At a time when the United States government had already listed Nelson Mandela as a terrorist, Jaja Wachuku, who was "widely respected" as Foreign Affairs Minister of Nigeria intervened with the South African government and helped save Nelson Mandela and others from the death penalty at the 1963–64 Rivonia Trial." We are not your mate animal.

Crew back to your hell hole in Kwazulu natal you house negro.

1 Like

Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by MyMilkshake(f): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
4words:

Then let the authority deport those without legit means of livelihoods and illegal immigrants.

4words cheesy cheesy grin when I was opening this account, I really don't talk much... most times I read post and don't feel like contributing. So the first comment felt like making on a post was actually suppose to be very short like four words.

Decided to go with it, 4words, meaning I don't have time for plenty talks.

Lol cheesy cute.

Seems you have plenty to say these days. I mistook 4words for 4 letters in my mind (blush)
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by 4words: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
MyMilkshake:

Lol cheesy cute.

Seems you have plenty to say these days. I mistook 4words for 4 letters in my mind (blush)

Yes I have alot to say now, though on very few posts. I select the post I comment on.

I have been quiet for a long time and I realise when you are quiet people tend to feel they know it all, so why not just educate them a bit more.

If I am to rate my talking now, I will put it at 40%, I still hold back. Maybe because this period I am kinda free.

Just checked your dp, you look good. Not bad at all. cheesy wink
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Saig: 5:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Silentgroper:
Where are u based
It's not about where I'm based. I'm talking on a general note
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by ezechi24(m): 5:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

No, I want druglords to go fill trolleys in their own countries - not mine. Next time don't bring up SA poverty if you don't want your empty shopping trolleys being paraded being mocked by South Africans. Sorry it hurt you so much. cry

This guy its like one Nigerian guy bleeped your girl and after the sexcapade she dumped your broke ass for the Nigerian guy...and I am also sure the Nigerian guy dumped her used asz for another south African slut ...I feel your pains really bad ...don't worry pour out your heart .....it will not be well because I'm sure your sister would be in the bed of a Nigerian right now collecting some ruthless bang grin grin grin grin
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by emperorshaokahn(m): 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
MyMilkshake:

Check #voetsekANC and you will see South Africans are always challenging their government and angry with it
voetsekanc?,that sound's like dutch?,probably championed by white south africans?,cause we are yet to see black south africans come out enmass against the anc like they did against nigerians during what it seems now to be a yearly xenophobic attacks.if mt because we have a dolt and irredimable dullard as president south africa and nigeria should be at war now for such mindless,unprovoked and babaric attack on nigerians.
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by Biodun556(m): 5:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
YEBOmadiba:

How many South Africans do you know in Nigeria?

They are plenty in Nigeria
Re: Angry South Africans Hand Over List Of Demands To Nigeria's SA Ambassador (PICS) by letu(m): 5:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
YEBOmadiba:
Groups of protesters have demanded more stringent immigration laws while marching through South Africa's capital city of Pretoria directing their anger at African immigrants.

Under the banner of #PutSouthAfricansFirst, small groups of people marched from Church Square to the Nigerian Embassy.

They said government has failed to put South Africans first and have called for the mass deportation of illegal immigrants as well as the revoking of grants and other state benefits.

Various organisations including South Africa First and “Only One SA” have handed over a memorandum of demands at the Nigerian Embassy following a march through the Pretoria CBD.

Action for change’s Nandi Gachwari said their demands were clear.

“We demand an end to human trafficking in Pretoria and, broadly, South Africa; the deportation of all illegal immigrants; the exposure of corruption in flawed Home Affairs processes that grant citizenship to undeserving foreign nationals.”

High Commissioner Kabiru Bala said while he accepted the memorandum, it was unfair that only Nigerians should be blamed for South Africa’s social and economic ills.

The organisations vowed to return to the streets if their demands were not met.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/09/23/unfair-that-nigerians-blamed-for-sa-s-social-ills-says-high-commissioner-bala
Stupid black South Africans, bunch of Spinless Coward's that only function bravely as long as it is Nigerians and other black Africans who are not indigenous to the country known as South Africa but this same Stupid South Africans will always have little to nothing to do when it's all about the White's in South Africa and this white south Africans still have their own militant government/military and they keep operating in South Africa with impunity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

People Waiting Infront Of Tinubu's House Ahead Of Tomorrow's Poll / Osinbajo After Reading Buhari's Letter - Reno Omokri (Photos) / Koko Zaria Opens Hotel (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.