Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,682 members, 7,813,267 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy - Education (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy (75762 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by AVISENNA: 8:15pm On Sep 24, 2020
The truth is you ended up teaching your child not to be appreciative ,even if you don't want them to have it ,you should have given it out ,lastly you it was rather rude to return the gift,if you wanted to prove a point ,you should have handed it directly back to the parents.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ForkUBish: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2020
atiku4President:

Am not the one responsible for your problem. You may have inherited it

And my prayer for you Is that may your children's life and future be as how the Nigerian masses got to suffer from the syphoning and looting of public funds by atiku...in each and every way

Amen!

Fucking hypocrite
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by SexytorresE(f): 8:20pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.
wanted asking why u did such thing , but u gave me a good reason .

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Dreadlock69(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2020
If I talk wetin dey my mind
Dem fit banned me or possibly worst
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by dulux07(m): 8:21pm On Sep 24, 2020
sammirano:

So itsgift parent send kids to school to receive niwadays and not learning. Believe it or not, the school fostered the concept of gift exchange.
Is it everyday they share gifts. Or how many mins does sharing of gift take, it could be even be after classes undecided you no get point abeg.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by AVISENNA: 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
Mostly ,I am little bit worried about your personality,you took a decision about your child's upbringing or training and next thing you post it on social media, are you looking for approval or you cant comfortable live with guilt of the irrational decision you taken by you. Lastly I often doubt stories like this cause for a parent I just want imagine how in your busy schedule you found time to narrate how you run your home.If true I think you are just one step away from failing as a parent.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2020
clefstone:
@op You may be suffering from Inferiority complex
not may.... Is.... Is suffering from inferiority complex... It is their kind that get angry when they see friends and family excelling better that they are.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
teemotee:
Op can lie shocked
Na so PS4 dey cheap ?
Suddenly you have a daughter of school age. You that was born in 1994 and created this topic asking how married people live
https://www.nairaland.com/5999028/love-couples-regret-after-marriage
I just knew it was fake right from the start. Even if PS4 was cheap; what if the parents offered his child a house, he would reject abi. Because he doesn’t have money to reciprocate. Or what if the parents of the child offered all the kids’ parents high paying jobs in millions or contracts, he would reject because he wont be able to reciprocate. Fake story!

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Emmadoc: 8:24pm On Sep 24, 2020
Memberclub:
hustle ooo

Ago commot yah teeth just now...yuu think say na play??
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2020
Dizzyrascal:
it's obvious you have not experienced such before. A teacher teaching in one of those affluent kind of school brought a similar experience to me not quite long ago. She even had the honesty of heart to intimate me about the inherent dangers of it.

In her school, it became an obvious competition for parents to outdo one another to the detriment of the parents that don't have equal means. Even in the best private schools not all parents are of equal financial standing. All fingers are definitely not equal. Let me put it this way, when it is the turn of the father who asked his daughter to return the gift to reciprocate and he cannot, the daughter will feel like a failure at school. Psychologically, it is not good for both the father and daughter. He took an absolutely flawless decision if you ask me.

I do not surmise that there are no other ways of handling the situation but his methodology is not bad at all. Another method would have been to have a heart to heart talk with the daughter and explain the dangers of such practices to the school authorities. Might not necessarily change anything though.
Nice

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Neoteny7: 8:28pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

You're an idiot.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
080bjaked:

You can see the real poverty mentality in those shouting "hustle ooo", "poverty", "why return gifts" blah blah blah. They are missing the real point (which is expected as most of them either aren't living comfortably or are not parents). The the real point of this post is contentment. If you are glad your child is receiving these gift and on your child's birthday you decided to share lunch boxes or less valuable parks, do you know that' enough to steer greed and inferiority into your kid's mind? These children compare gifts and if you don't repay in similar pattern, the other children will make jest of your baby and that could lead to serious emotional issues for the child. Teach your child contentment because the truth is you will never have all you want.
For godliness and contentment is great gain.
God bless you!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
salford:
One of the best post of the year on Nairaland.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
SexytorresE:
wanted asking why u did such thing , but u gave me a good reason .
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2020
NeoWanZaeed:
op.. you get sense.

when it's your daughter's turn and you don't turn up. you kid would be psychologically molested
oMG! God bleeess you!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Burgerlomo: 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
You took a wrong decision bro because it's not compulsory for you to celebrate your child birthday party in her school, you can celebrate it at home or wherever you wish.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Midadeola(f): 8:42pm On Sep 24, 2020
Solsix:
Nothing is free
Say it again!!!

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Iddfx: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Things like this is why people are stealing public funds,burying children alive and kidnapping just to make enough money to show off.go dip into the family of the parents who gave ps4 out and see so many poor family members who cant have 1meal a day,yet they shared ps4 to children who dont really need it.go to his street and see beggars,go to orphanages and see children that need help.what ever reason....its stupid to share ps4 to school children who need their book more.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by RemoveKebab: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Na wa oh
Some People get money like mad for this country sha.

And some parents no get joy at all.
That kid won't forget this wicked act tongue

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by HeyHey(f): 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Its only grace and wisdom that parents of nowadays will use o.

OP, no be only you waka come o, bc On my kids school PTA group on whatsapp, fellow parents complained about gifts. That "party packs" should not be shared,
I do allow gifts though, but as the life dey change, im getting wiser as well o, and accepting of gifts dey stop small small. This is my opinion ooooo

Below is a primary school class that died o, after eating one cake abi biscuit of party, it had poison inside. Them no know.

Cc Sebastine1994,

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Dreyton36: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
sylve11:
@ op, piken wey go wise, go wise.... cool

Gbayi
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by bukatyne(f): 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
AnonymousRebec:

I agree that gifts can make you indebted. This was a birthday, once in a year stuff. It's not like the person is giving you these kind of gifts every now and then. It is once in a whole year. Next year the children might not even be in the same class.
And it is not like that child or parent has demanded anything in return. If they begin to feel entitled because they gave your child a gift, that that is a good enough reason to return it.
This parent is just funny. He has denied his child an opportunity to have a PS4. Now if everyone in school is talking about their PS4 and the game, he will have absolutely nothing to say .

@bold:

That is the OP's lesson:

I can't afford PS4 or I don't think you should have it, you don't.

PS4 is not necessary or an essential commodity.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Burgerlomo: 8:44pm On Sep 24, 2020
clefstone:
@op You may be suffering from Inferiority complex

Gbam! You just nailed it.

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by giftedben: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

What you did is wrong? It might be mistaken as envy and you have just made your child loss a potential friend. The best friends you can have are in primary and secondary schools.
It's a birthday present. Your position as a father or mother is to protect your child and not to create enemies for your child.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by larryking540: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
samnaija:

Wrong , a child that wants to be bad will be bad. So according to you the deprivation of things made you no my brother. Parenting is very complex. My parents will provide bountifully for me so that my eyes don't go astray to other kids things. And I am ok also. Even I make sure my kids also get the best so when they go outside things don't freak them to the point they doubt themselves.
If you are not capable or not that type of person don't feel superior and telling people it is right.
Every parenting style is different the goal is to have good kids.

wrong ,a child born into dis world has a brain of clean slate ,u input wat you want inside ,
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Dreyton36: 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2020
Fvck mehnnnnnnn
E clear

OP you don get problem but you no go quick know
And the name of your problem na " INFERIORITY COMPLEX"

Piikin wey go spoil go spoil
Pikin wey go wise go wise
Game wey go cut go cut
And game wey go sure go sure

Hustle ooo , hustle make PS4 no shock you next time
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Joshmanuel10(m): 8:48pm On Sep 24, 2020
Many ppl saying hustle hustle... Even if everyone hustles and make it... We wont still be equal...
Child upbringing is very important in dis rotting country
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Iddfx: 8:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Disgusting!

This is what a poverty stricken mind can cause!

The oppression just start!!

Hustle o! So you nor go perform this rubbish wey just
happen for here.
All this frivolous life is the reason the world cant be saved from desperate people.all these pressure from society,teaching children that its all about making money .do u knw the competition giving out ps4 in bd would cause?do u knw how little the receiver will feel if her turn doesn't come with equal measure of gift?
Carry on encourage your kids to feel money is everything....anyways by the time they realise they have to hammer at all cost, no be u them go use make money?

I got nothing else to say but hustle!!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by angelfallz(m): 8:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
miketayo:

Would he return d car or sell it? If u are given a gift above your standard, convert it to cash, win win.

In the OP's case he chose to return it. Nothing wrong with that.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Uckroot: 8:57pm On Sep 24, 2020
Oga you are just a proud broke person. Someone gave your child a gift. What you should do is plan for your child to give the person another gift NO MATTER HOW SMALL.

This old way of parenting shows the new generation of parents have learnt NOTHING.

You feel ashamed that you can’t buy a gift for your child and instead of gratitude you deny your child what he wants because you are just too proud.

You don’t know the bridge you could have built with that rich family by reciprocating their gesture no matter in your small way.

Your ego got the best of you. Life should neither be this hard nor this complicated.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by bukatyne(f): 8:58pm On Sep 24, 2020
Funny how people shouting 'poverty mentality', 'inferiority complex' etc. are actually the ones exhibiting it.

It takes guts and principle to return such a gift.

What I expect from the OP is to graduate from the Naija way by telling his daughter why he decided to return the gift and using that as a father - daughter bonding session teaching morals and values.

It is only 'I never chop' that accepts everything that comes their way.

Perhaps there might have been a less aggressive way to handle the situation like talking to the Proprietary staff and teachers without returning it, he took a stance and acted it out.

When according to his training manual he feels it right for his daughter to have a PS4 or latest version out, she will.

There was a thread on Oloshoism amongst young ladies today. It started from somewhere.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry. / Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.