Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy (75794 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Realtalk20: 7:33pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.

Poverty has eroded your mind so you can't see beyond your stomach

Your ego is not your amigo
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by mariahAngel(f): 7:34pm On Sep 24, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Poverty mentality mixed with inferiority complex

It's a gift and am sure it would have been what the child (celebrant) wished for.. I am sure no inscription on the box reads you must Payback with similar gesture.

Why don't u stop breathing because you think u can't pay God what it worth.

You go your friend party he serve you rice and chicken shey that one mean say u no go invite am come yours cos na rice Nd fish u fit afford.

And for those Mofos saying PS4 is counter productive, you need to do more research. Gaming helps develop mental reasoning and decision making, the only bad side is addiction, and we all know addiction to any thing is likely dangerous.

Modified.
Let's assume the father of the celebrant gets to know about such act from the child's father, in the future when such child need his connection to get something am sure he might be skeptical offering a hand....when you can afford a school where your child can mix with the influential what you teach them is power of humility, sharing and contentment. You don't create enemies for them because of perceived competition

Good points made.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by consultancy: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2020
Tales by moonlight. Ps4 ko ps1 ni......... grin grin grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by larryking540: 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Poverty mentality mixed with inferiority complex

It's a gift and am sure it would have been what the child (celebrant) wished for.. I am sure no inscription on the box reads you must Payback with similar gesture.

Why don't u stop breathing because you think u can't pay God what it worth.

You go your friend party he serve you rice and chicken shey that one mean say u no go invite am come yours cos na rice Nd fish u fit afford.

And for those Mofos saying PS4 is counter productive, you need to do more research. Gaming helps develop mental reasoning and decision making, the only bad side is addiction, and we all know addiction to any thing is likely dangerous.

Modified.
Let's assume the father of the celebrant gets to know about such act from the child's father, in the future when such child need his connection to get something am sure he might be skeptical offering a hand....when you can afford a school where your child can mix with the influential what you teach them is power of humility, sharing and contentment. You don't create enemies for them because of perceived competition
u kw,while I was growing up ,back in secondary school,mg parents actually wrote emails and letter to the school why I can't attend a traveling trips at the school disposal ,or why I can't pay certain amount of fees ,not because my parents didn't have the money but they always weigh the outcome of the whole situation ,if u are a parent and every thing ur kid calls to u ,u are on the run to provide dude that is how u start to spoil the child ,u have actually made the kid think the world is a bed off roses ,and trust me when he or she gets to the real world ,he or she can't cope never .....that has made me who I am today ,so don't call it poverty no body has money tree at his backyard ,u just have to use ur brain ,don't let one confuse parent tell u or dictate to you how u should socially train ur kid
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by kingxsamz(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
Finemoore:

It simply mean the gift giving to his daughter is not free, same might be expected from her daughter when her turn come for celebration.

I had first hand experience of what I am saying. A woman I worked for 3yrs ago, her sons went to one of this expensive private secondary School in Lagos.. Mennn, when any of her two sons celebrate their birthday, come see buying, e go marvel you.
So, is not ideal forcefully putting urself where u can't manage d tempo.

One question.
Where in the Op's write up did he state that it's mandatory to dish out gifts to kids on a child's birthday in the school?
The woman you worked for, she bought those things because she had the money, abi did anyone point a gun to her head to do it?
No one is competing with the OP, he's the one giving himself unnecessary headache due to inferiority complex.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Slurity(m): 7:37pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

Your intentions is right but your action speak volume of many things negatively about your personality too. Not everyone is expecting favour back in return of favour given. You may likely kill the giving and helping others habits of the family that shared the gift. Even the celebrant will be affected negatively

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by NeoWanZaeed(m): 7:38pm On Sep 24, 2020
op.. you get sense.

when it's your daughter's turn and you don't turn up. you kid would be psychologically molested

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by eazymoni: 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
op don't pass your inferiority complex to your children, its a birthday gift from someone that can afford it.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by optimus106(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
If all the kids in that class got the same PS4...then I ain't returning shiiiiiiiiiitttt!!!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Solsix(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

Some people sef undecided

Did they put a gun to your head that you must reciprocate

Either you returned the gift or not when it's your daughter's birthday, they will expect you to do something

It's left for you to know how to handle the situation!

Stop making life difficult for your daughter because you are poor! Shuuuuuoo shocked shocked shocked shocked

Modified:

No blame situation for this matter, the child no steal, it was a gift!!!

No matter the pretence, everyone is happy with gifts. It could be from God or man

So if person dash am house wey them don build he no go collect

Na wa oooooo
Nothing is free

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Orpe7(m): 7:40pm On Sep 24, 2020
Instead of you to take the PS4 and buy her chinko Pz4
She can't know the difference
And u go dey play the PS4 for ya room grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by akudinaobi(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Celebrate goodness and riches
And not penury and poverty
Alignment is the key to greatness
Aligning your daughter to greatness will attract greatness to your family

That her class mate gave her a gift means she deserve to be happy, like you said , you can't afford it in future to get her expensive gift for her birthday its optional my brother allow the little innocent girl to be happy and teach her moral behavior after all she didn't beg for it

Since you can put her in same school like that of the celebrant means you can afford her luxuries but do it wisely

Follow riches and Richie's will follow you
Sebastine1994:

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by larryking540: 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
timbabng:
I hope the op is practising the same "fingers are not equal" theory on himself. In case someone wants to help his life with a nice gift, like a car or house, he should decline for fear of reciprocation.

don't always give a child that the world is a bed of roses ,what u are saying is actually how most kids get spoilt ,when they face the real world ,they complain every day ,I got a friend , whose parents wanted him to study med ,but dude started demanding for stuff that where beyond him ,200level ,he needs a car ,bus needs a good apartment ,but last last he still fail ,when the parents started to deny him of such materialistic life style ,he had to buckle up ,...

no go use ur hand spoil ur pikin and later start to blame one demon
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Martinez39s(m): 7:43pm On Sep 24, 2020
Shile981:

The problem is not the gift. The problem is where the gift was given. Misplaced priority.
What's wrong with where the gift was given? It was just that day, that moment, what does it take from their education? By the way, if the child had received 150k worth of textbooks, would you want it returned since it's in the school and hence not misplacement of priorities? Even if she had kept the ps4, why not sell it to buy books for the sake of not misplacing priorities? grin Could one not have a ps4 and still set one's priorities straight?

About the morals; His daughter might end up comparing his father to other fathers when he is not able to afford some things for her in future.
Nonsense. undecided Before the birthday, hasn't the child already seen or heard what rich parents buy for their children, especially her rich friends? Isn't that enough to compel her to compare her father to her rich fathers if she is the type that indulges in such comparison? Nonsense. I hope if the OP was given a Benz as a souvenir of his church members' birthday he would return it. grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kingrefreshed: 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

Chai poverty will make you think you're a wise Prof for your mind but in reality you be mad man grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by atiku4President(m): 7:46pm On Sep 24, 2020
ForkUBish:

you idiotic poverty stricken animal....and i can see how promoting a thief like atiku that made all his ''slow'' billions syphoning government funds for president, morally right.

fool
Am not the one responsible for your problem. You may have inherited it
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by SocialJustice: 7:52pm On Sep 24, 2020
@OP no let inferiority complex kill you. Where is it written that you must reciprocate. Do not expose your child to unnecessary ridicule. Game that you can sell self to help your life.

I grew up in a bougie primary school with white Americans, Germans and Indians in my class. A prominent King's son was also in my class. When some kids celebrate birthdays, all sorts of things happen. In some, all the candy came from USA, this was early 90s I'm telling you. Not for once was my birthday celebrated and nobody intimidated me or any of my classmates that only celebrated with small jollof or just biscuit and groundnut.

Lol, you think your daughter does not already know she's from a family of lower means than some of her classmates? grin grin grin It happens everyday during break while she's trying to manage the small food you give her while some of her classmates eat fried rice and chicken with a pack of juice.

You better let that child keep that game before you pass your complex to her in the name of training her to be content.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Senatoraku: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
should I call this Nigerian mentality or poverty mentality. am just imagining the kind of person you are. did the parents of the child told your own child that he or she must reciprocate the gesture accorded to him or her? change your way of life if you must grow in life. and because you deprive your child his or her happiness out of your selfishness and foolishness, make sure you don't accept any gift or present from anyone, if not karma will catch up with you. Mtcheeeeeeeew
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Tango123: 7:53pm On Sep 24, 2020
kingxsamz:

Yeah that's what we're saying.

Na poverty mentality.

O yea. Live ur life and allow him live his.

O yea, when u become a father and begin to raise children, up to through university, we can have this conversation again. Until then, bye
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by SocialJustice: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2020
Senatoraku:
should I call this Nigerian mentality or poverty mentality. am just imagining the kind of person you are. did the parents of the child told your own child that he or she must reciprocate the gesture accorded to him or her? change your way of life if you must grow in life. and because you deprive your child his or her happiness out of your selfishness and foolishness, make sure you don't accept any gift or present from anyone, if not karma will catch up with you. Mtcheeeeeeeew
Na inferiority complex mentality. Nonsense parent.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Dessy96: 7:54pm On Sep 24, 2020
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck

Niggarr!!

Disgusting!

This is what a poverty stricken mind can cause!

The oppression just start!!

Hustle o! So you nor go perform this rubbish wey just happen for here.

I got nothing else to say but hustle!!
Aswear ma g
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by armadeo(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2020
I for collect the game myself dey play for house.

Wetin consign me.

When my turn reach make dem send note say I no buy gift.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by samnaija: 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
larryking540:

u kw,while I was growing up ,back in secondary school,mg parents actually wrote emails and letter to the school why I can't attend a traveling trips at the school disposal ,or why I can't pay certain amount of fees ,not because my parents didn't have the money but they always weigh the outcome of the whole situation ,if u are a parent and every thing ur kid calls to u ,u are on the run to provide dude that is how u start to spoil the child ,u have actually made the kid think the world is a bed off roses ,and trust me when he or she gets to the real world ,he or she can't cope never .....that has made me who I am today ,so don't call it poverty no body has money tree at his backyard ,u just have to use ur brain ,don't let one confuse parent tell u or dictate to you how u should socially train ur kid

Wrong , a child that wants to be bad will be bad. So according to you the deprivation of things made you no my brother. Parenting is very complex. My parents will provide bountifully for me so that my eyes don't go astray to other kids things. And I am ok also. Even I make sure my kids also get the best so when they go outside things don't freak them to the point they doubt themselves.
If you are not capable or not that type of person don't feel superior and telling people it is right.
Every parenting style is different the goal is to have good kids.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by tunize(m): 7:59pm On Sep 24, 2020
You did well she is your child which ever way u intend to train her is up to you but try to explain the motive behind most of your decisions make your pikin nor go dey vex for you inside body ooh or dey see u like bad person.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kingzeez10: 8:01pm On Sep 24, 2020
My own be say why did you enrol your child in such school in the first place, you should have enrol her in some public school where you can afford to reciprocate any birthday gifts they gave your child.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Readre(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2020
Pmedia7787:
I think you are wrong to have refuse the gift

You can keep the gift till she is matured to use it

Your molding is more of a thing of the mind therefore will always work in your child

Your child will grow up, to see more and have access to this thing when you are not even there

What you have thought he/she is what will help at that very moment

PS is very good

But depends highly on the usage

As per taking gifts to school during birth day

..you don't have to spend much to make a mark
lol u funny, jst like my parents keeping sega from me until i reach secondary school omo na ps2 era i go still dey play sega
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Ishilove: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Birthdays have been celebrated in schools since time immemorial. It's not going to end because your child's classmate with wealthy parents shared expensive gifts.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by mimicherry: 8:06pm On Sep 24, 2020
Sebastine1994:

I just feel bad for your child

He must have been so happy getting that gift

Get over sir!
It's just a gift!

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Badbishop15(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
PlayStation!!!!....and u rejected it!!!!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2020
themaestro08:

The biggest bull shit I've heard today, enough! I can't take this anymore angry

Apparently, you dont read so it would be hard to take the truth
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by dotedote: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2020
I can only listen to parents here. Not some kids still crying when their pocket money from their parents come late. Kidos.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ikorodureporta: 8:12pm On Sep 24, 2020
In my opinion, they shl just take pictures, without giving out any gifts. Some schools here don't allow any form of food or drink because of 'ritualists'

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.