Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,733 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy - Education (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy (75786 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / Greedy Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / 21 Powerful Synonyms That Will Make Your Communication Outstanding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by IamRichards: 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Depends on how you trained the child @home.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by MansoryMX(m): 1:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
themaestro08:

Shut up you miserable fool cheesy grin.

Genuine rich people are humble and don't flaunt it to strangers they barely know. angry

Some day when you are old enough with a family of your own, you will understand a lot of things. I don’t have time for kids who still collects pocket money from his mother. Look for someone else to catapult your frustrations on young man.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ogbonnachrys: 2:06pm On Sep 25, 2020
Are you sure the game was shared to everyone
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by themanderon: 2:14pm On Sep 25, 2020
Different strokes for different people. I see no wrong in accepting the gift especially If its done with a pure heart and with good intentions. A sad thing that we now live in a world were your good intentions can be misconstrued.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by akacha1: 2:18pm On Sep 25, 2020
OP you are great for taking such action. anyone that says otherwise is most likely not a parent, teacher or doesn't really knows what happens in schools these days.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by maasoap(m): 3:11pm On Sep 25, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Poverty mentality mixed with inferiority complex
zikcash:
I don't see any danger......in dat at all...all I see is a poverty stricken mentality!!
Wiseandtrue:

Stop making life difficult for your daughter because you are poor! Shuuuuuoo shocked shocked shocked shocked[/b]
[/b]
AFvckingAlpha:
The fvck
Niggarr!!
Disgusting!
This is what a poverty stricken mind can cause!
clefstone:
@op You may be suffering from Inferiority complex

With mentalities like these ones above, we're in serious problem in this country! Why attributing his action to poverty or being poor? Are you guys telling me that all other parents who are also poor will return the gifts? Or are you saying that other parents who are rich can't return the gifts? I get it, most of you are poor mentally and that's why you concluded like that.
I'm not surprised, principle is scarce these days, it is no longer in our dictionary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
Kdon2:

[s]Your child ll soon good gun and live bullets as gift. Gift my ass[/s]!
That will be your portion in Jesus name. Amen, amen amen.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Psoul(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2020
jesmond3945:
so the reasonable gift to share is biscuit? Then why are your kids attending the school? Why not put them in ajegunle community school where they share biscuit as gift. It is only in Nigeria we judge people's intention based on their material possession. So if otedollar decides to drive keke we would say it is cruise or he is mocking poor people but we forget that otedollar is a human being first of all and might decide to live a life of destitutes for the rest of his sojourn on earth. When we allow our kids to grow up with this mindset they would always feel inferior even when they have made it.

Bros, you will not understanding. You are just reasoning to the level in which ur brain and age can carry. When you get to certain level in life, your reasoning will change by then, you will see it in a better light.

This topic is not for boys. It is for matured minds and principled mind.
I think you will do better in the boyfriend/girlfriend topics.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by NaijaCr7: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2020
maasoap:

With mentalities like these ones above, we're in serious problem in this country! Why attributing his action to poverty or being poor? Are you guys telling me that all other parents who are also poor will return the gifts? Or are you saying that other parents who are rich can't return the gifts? I get it, most of you are poor mentally and that's why you concluded like that.
I'm not surprised, principle is scarce these days, it is no longer in our dictionary.

How do we explain something to someone like u who cannot differentiate poor mentality to being poor.

Face front
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by wonderiyke(m): 5:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
maasoap:

Gbam. God bless you!!!!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by jesmond3945: 6:30pm On Sep 25, 2020
Psoul:

Bros, you will not understanding. You are just reasoning to the level in which ur brain and age can carry. When you get to certain level in life, your reasoning will change by then, you will see it in a better light.

This topic is not for boys. It is for matured minds and principled mind.
I think you will do better in the boyfriend/girlfriend topics.
smh
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Lilgabby(m): 6:31pm On Sep 25, 2020
atiku4President:
Good decision u took. I had to stop my children from collecting birthday gifts in school, no matter what the gift is. The school knew about my position and so they always excused my chldren from such gifts. I observed my children and noticed they were happy to obey that instruction, maybe because I took time to explain to them my reasons. I am not persuaded to mention those reasons here because they are my personal convictions and may not be appealing to our present generation of 'parents'. But remember, you can only be sure of yourself. People can go to any extent. So don't raise your children to think the world is full of biscuits and sweets. Parents should put their eyes on the ground to know the dynamics of the children's learning environment. It's unfortunate most parents, especially, the fathers abandon school runs for the mothers. A lot go on in the school environment that ultimately determine what a school represents. Sometimes, a group of high-minded parents can indirectly take over the school management from school proprietors and start influencing every decision taken, from school uniforms to send-off parties. Parents must be seen to be part of their children's decisiion making at their formative stage.
Rubbish.... This is why Nigeria refused to move forward. We dey put unnecessary things for head like we know all... Awon legbegbe old motivational speakers. If he steal am now...them go say he steal... He bought it ...they will ask where he got the money from... Them give am...them ask who give am say make e return am. I mean, when are we going to stop all this trash ....becuz we re black did not mean our ways should be too black. Its a total fuckshit!!! ��if he returns it... You only gonna be bring shame to him... I won't tell you how it will start but he will come back to criticize you for the cause.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Lilgabby(m): 6:33pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.
Rubbish.... This is why Nigeria refused to move forward. We dey put unnecessary things for head like we know all... Awon legbegbe old motivational speakers. If he steal am now...them go say he steal... He bought it ...they will ask where he got the money from... Them give am...them ask who give am say make e return am. I mean, when are we going to stop all this trash ....becuz we re black did not mean our ways should be too black. Its a total fuckshit!!! ��if he returns it... You only gonna be bring shame to him... I won't tell you how it will start but he will come back to criticize you for the cause. I won't lie to you...go nd sit down and be positive in all your thinking nd ways.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Wharli3y(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2020
Sebastine1994:
Please schools should stop celebrating birthdays in school, please, biko. I use God beg you.

I sent my child to school to learn and not to celebrate birthdays, I came back from work one day and saw this play station 4 in a carton, I asked them who own. they said my daughter classmates celebrated her birthday and shared these gift to them.

I quickly ask them to reparkage the gift and take it back to the school, before I return from work the next day.

MY REASON IS THIS: all fingers are not equal, when it is my daughter's birthday they would be expecting a gift of equal amount.

The parent may be rich and I am not, they give my child what I can't afford for her which is a recipe for greed. she should be contented with what I can afford,

These her young mind should be moulded early to adapt to reality.

These private schools are encouraging these evil act, it may affect the child tommorow.

please push to front page to expose the dangers of school birthday.

I just had to login and tell you that what you did is very very very wrong...

No one would force you to reciprocate... You just show the entire school how mentally poor you are but they won't tell you... I teach so I know what I'm talking about... Common for Bleep sake home training won't make me say what's on my mind now ... Chai but you Bleep up gan
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Wharli3y(m): 7:51pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lilgabby:

Rubbish.... This is why Nigeria refused to move forward. We dey put unnecessary things for head like we know all... Awon legbegbe old motivational speakers. If he steal am now...them go say he steal... He bought it ...they will ask where he got the money from... Them give am...them ask who give am say make e return am. I mean, when are we going to stop all this trash ....becuz we re black did not mean our ways should be too black. Its a total fuckshit!!! ��if he returns it... You only gonna be bring shame to him... I won't tell you how it will start but he will come back to criticize you for the cause. I won't lie to you...go nd sit down and be positive in all your thinking nd ways.

The child having a mentality you always return his gifts won't want to bring gifts home again...

Hence lies would start and would escalate the more..

Why are Nigerians like this??
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by atiku4President(m): 7:57pm On Sep 25, 2020
Lilgabby:

Rubbish.... This is why Nigeria refused to move forward. We dey put unnecessary things for head like we know all... Awon legbegbe old motivational speakers. If he steal am now...them go say he steal... He bought it ...they will ask where he got the money from... Them give am...them ask who give am say make e return am. I mean, when are we going to stop all this trash ....becuz we re black did not mean our ways should be too black. Its a total fuckshit!!! ��if he returns it... You only gonna be bring shame to him... I won't tell you how it will start but he will come back to criticize you for the cause.
From your comment it's obvious you lack identity, so no need wasting time to educate you. Go and continue watching your BBN. Your mental poverty must have been inherited. Can never wast my time with you.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by atiku4President(m): 7:59pm On Sep 25, 2020
MansoryMX:

Some day when you are old enough with a family of your own, you will understand a lot of things. I don’t have time for kids who still collects pocket money from his mother. Look for someone else to catapult your frustrations on young man.
That was apt reply to that irresponsible being. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by atiku4President(m): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2020
Wharli3y:

The child having a mentality you always return his gifts won't want to bring gifts home again...

Hence lies would start and would escalate the more..

Why are Nigerians like this??
You sound so desperate and low. You don't have to survive on free things. Try get a quality life and be responsible for once, okay.

1 Like

Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Lilgabby(m): 11:27pm On Sep 25, 2020
atiku4President:

From your comment it's obvious you lack identity, so no need wasting time to educate you. Go and continue watching your BBN. Your mental poverty must have been inherited. Can never wast my time with you.
Alaye calm your oyinbo gutter go woro....
Wake up to reality nd stop speeding before ur age.... Na old men of 89 dey do dis woman thing wey u just do... Ion watch BBN neither do i have time for t.v cux my time re limited. Soti ye....oga c.e.o poverty navigator.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ImaIma1(f): 1:17am On Sep 26, 2020
Coldie:
You get conscience sha

Some people won't return it with boldness

Is it wrong to keep it? The child didn't steal it. If it was a ruler, would he have returned it?
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ImaIma1(f): 1:29am On Sep 26, 2020
Those party packs are regular things that parents share to celebrate their children's birthday. Some people even share in church.

You expect children to accept the party packs you share because it is ruler or bubbles inside but because someone can afford to share a ps4, it is a problem.

When my nephew was in primary school, he happened to be in the same class with the son of the serving governor of the state. The boy's birthday was strictly by IV and the things my nephew brought back were crazyyyy and unbelievable.

Please there's nothing wrong with it. Your problem is because you cannot afford that much and you don't want to collect it.

Please let's not allow unnecessary pride blind us.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kay25(m): 6:56am On Sep 26, 2020
GMBuhari:
SMH

when the kid gets to primary and secondary and even maybe university , we'll see how well you have suceeded as a parent

hahahahahah
No doubt you did be alive when I come to share it..none of us is dieing
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Coldie(m): 7:27am On Sep 26, 2020
ImaIma1:

Is it wrong to keep it? The child didn't steal it. If it was a ruler, would he have returned it?
To me no need to return it
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by ImaIma1(f): 8:17am On Sep 26, 2020
Coldie:

To me no need to return it

Soon now Op will tell his child not to mix up with the rich kids in school but only with the average ones.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Psoul(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2020
jesmond3945:
smh

Chaiiiii.....you are overwhelmed and shocked. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Coldie(m): 8:28am On Sep 26, 2020
ImaIma1:

Soon now Op will tell his child not to mix up with the rich kids in school but only with the average ones.
Swears. This might affect the child's self esteem in future.

People are naturally generous. The parents who gave out the gift could have done that with an open heart without anything in mind. But she's reading meaning into it
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by jesmond3945: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Psoul:

Chaiiiii.....you are overwhelmed and shocked. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I was expecting you to counter my argument but you responded like the typical African man.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by jesmond3945: 10:14am On Sep 26, 2020
Coldie:

Swears. This might affect the child's self esteem in future.

People are naturally generous. The parents who gave out the gift could have done that with an open heart without anything in mind. But she's reading meaning into it
yea that's what inferiority complex can do.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by skedy1(m): 10:19am On Sep 26, 2020
NaijaCr7:
Poverty mentality mixed with inferiority complex

It's a gift and am sure it would have been what the child (celebrant) wished for.. I am sure no inscription on the box reads you must Payback with similar gesture.

*Why don't u stop breathing because you think u can't pay God what it worth*

You go your friend party he serve you rice and chicken shey that one mean say u no go invite am come yours cos na rice Nd fish u fit afford.

And for those Mofos saying PS4 is counter productive, you need to do more research. Gaming helps develop mental reasoning and decision making, the only bad side is addiction, and we all know addiction to any thing is likely dangerous.

Modified.
Let's assume the father of the celebrant gets to know about such act from the child's father, in the future when such child need his connection to get something am sure he might be skeptical offering a hand.... *when you can afford a school where your child can mix with the influential what you teach them is power of humility, sharing and contentment. You don't create enemies for them because of perceived competition[i][/i]*

I think I like this one....

The bolded gave out really interesting points
I like it!
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kdon2: 10:36am On Sep 26, 2020
Wiseandtrue:

That will be your portion in Jesus name. Amen, amen amen.

And yours too! Amen amen and amen. Sebi you no get sense ni.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kdon2: 10:39am On Sep 26, 2020
atiku4President:

You are entitled to your opinion. However, I doubt if you have any; hence you have quickly resorted to insults. I doubt if you understand the way the minds of children work. Perhaps, when you have one, you will learn the hard way.

Good one sir.
Re: School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy by Kdon2: 10:41am On Sep 26, 2020
Bj5all:
This man has a serious mental problem. If someone gift you a car or a modern house, you will reject it because you can afford to reciprocate the kind gesture?

Hisssss, in your mind you have done something noble and worthy of praise?

I pity your children.

I pity your generation and your hand out mentality.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant / What Can I Do With Industrial Chemistry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.