Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing (71432 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / My Husband Left Us / I Confessed To Our Househelp Before She Left Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
Do not make the same mistake twice. You accepted him the first time, don't make that mistake again. He is not a serious individual. He abandoned you, dropped out of school and for 8 years he is yet to get his acts together? This dude only wants to free load from you. If you marry this man you will have yourself to blame. He can still be a father to your child without being your husband.

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by franchasng: 10:41pm On Sep 28, 2020
pocohantas:
Stay there and be doing mumu love. Men always looking for fixers like you.

After moving upandan like evil spirits in their youth, when they are old and broke- they will now come back to that virtuous woman. Same thing you see in marriages. Womanize in youth, come back to their wife with Nigerian used penis and damaged internal organs. Your work will now be to cook vegetable soup without pepper and spices. You will also learn to turn wheat and pound unripe plantain for him.

Ndi virtuous women. Pfftttt!!

lafmAooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by eejo(m): 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
My advice for you is simple. The Man should have free time with his Son but move on if he cannot provide for the Family. Intelligent Men cannot remain in one position for a very long time just look at Baba and Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Kazim88: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
Zzor:
see comments from men,women have really suffered in this life,lets picture the whole thing the other way round, you can imagine the kind of comments you will read from these same men.

Anytime i read that statement of "let's turn the table"... I Just laugh cheesy and SMH... and mutter...
Awon Feminist.

Back to the issue on ground.

The real issue was he came broke, nothing more nothing less.

Trust me, don't take back a broke dude, it doesn't end well.
Why? You can't respect him, you behavior would over time bruise his ego, he would react and hit you.. apologize and do it again.

Lastly, don't marry someone that you can not respect or better still, don't marry someone that can not command respect.

N.B
Money is everything, they are men I know of high integrity, that have contributed enormously to humanity living simple lives on plain food, wise, content but not rich but highly respected.

I doubt if that your Ex-boyfriend is wise or content...

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by AfroKnight: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2020
The guy no try. Me I won’t advise you to let him into your life once again. A man who can abandon his child for 8 years deserves nothing from you.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Ybaby: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
8 years??

Let your son have his father (very important) but as for you avoid that man (not easy) but try

Man ye daju

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Eriokanmi: 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Firstly, I blame the guy for allowing himself to he fooled. He's not the only foolish one we have around. There are many more like him in this generation. As a student being fed by his parents, how could you have sacrificed your parents' sweat for a girl you're not even sure would be your wife in future? The consequence of that is what he's facing today. Some parents go through shiit before gathering school fees for their wards. The guy needs to beg God for forgiveness first so he could have a sense of direction and his life restored. He has offended his parents greatly. He must go back to his parents so they could pray for him otherwise, his life could be like a snake who passes through a rock without a trace.

If you want to make it in life, don't put women in your mind. Focus on your career first and other things would follow. Now degree certificate, he no get life, he no get. No woman would want to settle down with an irresponsible man nowadays. Despite the sacrifice made , this woman still doesn't want to settle down with him. What if came with goodie bags and wealth? For the sake of sacrifice, the woman should just accept the guy. Shebi he has told her what he's been doing for 8 years while they were apart. Afterall, certificates aren't a path to wealth. World billionaires in our generation have proved that. He's educated. He even earned a diploma certificate. That alone is ok. The woman should just dare the consequences and endure hardships. It won't be for long as she has also said he had a vision.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by AtoningBlood(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
Op, my advise is, pray. Don't joke with that, no matter the advise here, pray and let God lead you.
If God is leading you, be sure it is all well.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by AustineJohn908(m): 10:44pm On Sep 28, 2020
To me, what I think you should do is to tell him to find a job to do or start a business or even learn a trade so he can be able to cater for himself before you will accept to marry him. that should be your condition.
He sounds like a great guy but that wouldn't put food on the table or pay for bills or your son's school fees etc.
He has to find something to do to be able to provide and if you can help him out pls don't hesitate, if not for anything but for the sake that he sacrificed his fees for you.
you can give him a loan(if u have the money) to start a business or learn a trade or something and lastly and very importantly pray about it. if you agree to continue with him pray to God to bless him and prosper u both and I'm sure the Good Lord will.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by ednut1(m): 10:45pm On Sep 28, 2020
deep
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Jamean(f): 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
@divanona

You're better off by yourself taking care of the child. He came back because he has nothing and knows you have not really moved on. He sees you as a placeholder and just wants to settle with you. You're not his dream woman.

Many years ago during one of the Super story episodes where a man abandoned his twin baby girls and wife for years, my dad clearly told me a well meaning man who loves a woman will never do that, he'd rather be in your lives no matter how little he can provide. That episode didn't end in happy ever after.

My dad further gave clear examples of 2 of his relatives who did same thing for 14years and 18years respectively. I grew up to hear these men disappeared without a trace and showed up with nothing many years later. The women are still fending for those men and trained the children single handedly.

The day he has the means to be with his dream woman he will still abandon you and move on again. You would have built him for another woman. Don't play pity party of your child's father bla bla. What if he were not alive?

If you accept him and fall for the marriage scam you end up fending for that family alone and you will be worse off than when it was just you. Forget whatever happened in the past, him unable to graduate and get hold of his life this whole time speaks of his readiness for life and is a very red flag. Magic don't happen, people have to work for the life they want.

I've taken my time to write this epistle because of what I know. You need to move on and level up and probably marry someone else that will make your life easier.

@divanona you can save this my comment and refer to it in the future.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by fof1: 10:46pm On Sep 28, 2020
[quote author=Divanona post=94374342]Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

Sorry for my lengthy write-up

[/quo

MY DR. BE CAREFUL,PLS.

"He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized...." TO WHAT EXTENT HAS HE OPENED UP TO YOU. IS HE TRUTHFUL? ALL HE HAS SAID IS THAT D TRUTH? DON'T BE DECEIVED, YOU ARE ALREADY GULLIBLE. PLS THINK ALL OVER AGAIN. YOU ARE NOT YET MARRIED TO HIM, DONT BE CONFUSED, SIT HIM DOWN,LOOK INTO HIS EYES AND TALK WITH HIM. DON'T BE FLATTERED BY SO CALLED WILD LOVE OR INFATUATIONS OF BONDING WITH HIS SON. 8YEARS IS NOT 8 DAYS OR YOU ARE CURSED. CAN YOU VERIFY ALL HIS CLAIMS AND STORIES? GO TO GOD AND DONT BE IN HASTE. THE STORY IS A PATHETIC TALE. WAS HE A CULTIST,EXCOMMUNICATED IN SCHOOL? WHERE ARE HIS PARENTS AND SIBLINGS? THE STORY IS VAGUE TO ME AS A MAN IN D HOUSE.,PLS.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by gabicon: 10:47pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.

The situation is a difficult one, no child deserves to be raised by a single parent. More importantly a good act in the past is not a free pass to eight years of neglect, use your emotions to think do think with your emotions.

You need to really find out why he has returned, is he looking for someone to help fix his life? Is he in trouble and need to lie low? Is he homeless and needs shelter? Is he looking for a better life and he sees you as a option? You need to ensure your son is protected from unnecessary drama.

For a man to be fulfilled he needs to decide on what he wants to do with his life. That decision can't be taken for him, irrespective of the resources at his disposal, until that decision is made you have a broken man. My point is you can't fix him, only him can fix him. You can expedite the process but you can't begin the process.

My advice will be ask a lot of questions, get him help as much as you can, but don't be attached to the help, bury every emotions you have, when he gets himself together, then can you start thinking of living as a family.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by macho44(m): 10:49pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

My dear lady, biko i have my own problems, i will advice you after I'm done solving my own problems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vb87XSmmW1E
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Jamean(f): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
Exactly you are not this mother. Girl move on!!!

Zzor:
Obviously you still want him,have him all you want if you care less about money and comfort and ready to add more burden to your already stressed life as you rightly put it ,what has he been doing since all these years he abandoned you thats what you should be most concerned about.You are not his mother,let him go and find solace abi wetin sef with his family,thats why I hate all this school love,i can't count stories of heartbreaks that I've heard and seen.If you are strong enough to carry him along,do so but if you know you don't have the capability,please tell him to go stay with his family first.hmmm I have been looking for stories like this to read here since,it is well madam op

3 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by shadeyinka(m): 10:50pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:

Someone told him that his life is in a mess because he abandoned a girl and his baby. He has probably not changed nor sorry about his leaving you but having his life back.

Thread cautiously. If you feel you still want him as a husband, tell him to go hustle for two years, make something with his life and come back when he has what to use to take care of a wife and children.

In that way, you haven't said No to him! But you have fired him up to succeed after which it may be safe to marry him. Otherwise, you are in for a large dose of trouble if you marry and things become even more difficult for him.

Forgive him but it is not compulsory to marry him

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Danniedpastor(m): 10:51pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:

Lady, sincerely yours is a touching story. I have just the following advice for you...
1. Leave the past in the past. You are not leaving for the past but for the future. Do you see that future in him?

2. DON'T rush into such marriage, it's the least you need now. Getting married to a guy that has nothing is nearly suicidal. It can be frustrating for both parties ( I am talking from first-hand experience).

3. If you have the resources to help him stand financially, please help him. If you don't have such resources, advise him to go out and get something doing.

4. Your parents house is not yours. Don't keep him there for too long. He can go and pair with any reasonable person.
Do you know why?
Because, your parents would run out of patience to tolerate both of you.

5. If you don't see him as s responsible guy, there is no need forcing it, just let him go. You would meet another guy that would love you and accept your son. Love is not blind , be wise.
God bless you
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by fenzylove(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Good evening everyone!

Well, this is a touching story and I have learned a thing or two from it.
My candid advise for you is to follow ur heart, pray for guidance from God and walk accordingly.

Maybe he should have stayed with u back then & things may turn out good or otherwise, likewise the present situation.

1 thing I would not advise is pushing him away. Every child deserves his/her father. I'm happy he's back and want to support d family.

With you by his side now, you can achieve more & greater things (I believe)!

P.S: Ask him his plan now, if he has one (and it's good), start with that & build ur life. Do not rush into Marriage 4 now.

Good luck & More Grace to You!
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Dalby(m): 10:52pm On Sep 28, 2020
Everyone has been using the word abandoning, and l am wondering...what was his mental and financial Frame at the time...
Could he also have felt you and the child would be better of with your parents, knowing his situation and what was applicable at the time...
It could be like the story of the prodigal son who found his way back home...The biblical account was of one that was truly truly sorry, infact they used the term "when he came to himself". This case could be one of all else have failed, this is the last straw...
Stay, or chase him away is entirely your choice, but what l am definite about is that the consequence of that choice you will have to bare and bare alone with your child...
Would it have been more pleasing if he had come back with something, a job or business and a car? You may also need to check your intentions and motive...
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Talk2uche(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
The truth is OP already has what she wants to do established in mind just not bold enough to make loud her decision so she wants to compare it with whatever advise you give here. After going through your opinions she certainly would gravitate towards what's similar to what she has in mind right now. In that case I have nothing to say! Thank you grin
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by VEE2010(m): 10:53pm On Sep 28, 2020
I wish you could help him secure a better future since you have confirmed that, he's a good man.
Although your story is not complete to assess what must have gone wrong during the 8 years of his absence.
You have to get closer to those with whom he is in contact during these 8 years to have a balanced opinion on his claims. People change for countless reasons; Yes, he was a good man but that is not enough to take him back. Every mistake in life has certain consequences, it is only those who accept those consequences and challenge themselves to overcome it that usually accelerate to the top.
As I go through your story, it is clear that you also have a good heart for you to remember his contributions in life then.
While you take your time to make reasonable assessments of his second coming, also take your time to seek God's direction.
I pray he succeeds and bounces on his feet!
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by chatinent: 10:54pm On Sep 28, 2020
Well, I'll just read comments.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by franchasng: 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
Oyerinde16:
The story is full of Want of What than, worth of Who he his... It seems he came back after all this years with nothing and that's the crux... If he had come back with E500, and works offshore earning #10M monthly, he would have being welcome back and Married immediately, we for no they hear he came back with nothing. Abeg if you love him without money accept him, but if you know you want him with money and he doesn't have it, send him parking asap...
of course why must he come back with empty hand after a freaking 8 years of oblivion

If that guy had sense enough, shame won't let him go back to her. He has no shame. Yes I know times are hard, I know all fingers aren't equal but let's be realistic, the guy is not serious with his life. He needs spiritual deliverance from strange stronghold first.

The guy needs to sort his life out first before going back to a lady he abandoned with pregnancy for 8 years. He is wicked to have come back to her with a heavier burden, think about it please
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Jamean(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2020
My thoughts exactly. If it were the other way round you'd be hearing curse words flying around.

Help him ko, build him ni. What a joke! The poster should not just enter Express sha.

Zzor:
see comments from men,women have really suffered in this life,lets picture the whole thing the other way round, you can imagine the kind of comments you will read from these same men.

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Jamean:
My thoughts exactly. If it were the other way round you'd be hearing curse words flying around.

Help him ko, build him ni. What a joke! The poster should not just enter Express sha.

from her post, she has entered express already ,but she has to reverse back with immediate effect

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by UchaNwababa: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Bessppectt:
Life eh. Only God knows tomorrow

Good evening all.

Please as we all know, life can be so unpredictable that
today, I can longer take care of my family due to untimely
death and loss of job. It's unfortunate it has gotten to this.
Please help a mother (with kids) with any amount as
starvation coupled with high cost of living in the country
have really dealt with us.
Also, please I want to appeal for any job opportunity be it
private or public. I'm a degree holder from one of the
federal universities in the country. I pray I get a job very
soon and get back to my feet. May God keep prospering
you as you help.
313 72 28 897, First Bank, Blessing O. E.
Go and sell Pure Water nau it will make you rich

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:

They told to him to go a bring a lady he has slept with for money rituals..don’t fall for his crocodile tears and his remorseful pretense....
u don’t need him... uve been fine without him for close to a decade..

My sister......... japa!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by ultiliberty(m): 11:00pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:

Yes, all said but I will advice u stay. Go for him, and live with him with your son.
God, with your faith will open the windows of Heaven for both of you to prosper...amen
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Jamean(f): 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
The lady shock me o!

No be only I want to marry you cheesy Nigga wants to tie her down for the rest of his life so he can walk in and out at will.

PeacenLove2:
He left Again Part II story loading. Take him back, you hia? cheesy

To be serious, there is need to find out what occupied his life for 8 years when he abandoned you. So it's very important to know what kept him away. Only wicked, selfish people could do that ... forget how great he was back in school. Men can do anything just before climbing the mountain cheesy No be today.

Yeah, your kid is having a ball with a dad in his life and you are probably lonely too but use your head, madam. You can help him out from a safe distance. He can have access to his child as well as long as it's good for the kid. You could even date him if you want but don't be quick to commit yourself to anything. Looks like guy is just desperate and you're making it too easy for him. Chances are he would bolt again when he feels comfortable enough.

In other words, let guy go get his act together first before you let him in again. You have a good heart sha. I hope this doesn't land you in soup. I don't know how you can trust such a person again. Be very careful and good luck whatever you do. I hope his intentions are good this time and he does right by you if you take him back.

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Edyice: 11:01pm On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona 98% have told you to japaa

And 98% is an A1 if not A1+ self grin

Everyone knows about theme (once beaten twice shy )

JUST NOTE : that dude will japaa when baby number 2 enter ( that's if you decide to date him)

A word is enough for the wise

2 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Skyehigher1: 11:02pm On Sep 28, 2020
Forgive him and take him back, no condition is permanent thank God you know that he is your personal person, bet it with me that guy suffer because of you if you abandoned him and move on with another man if you mistakingly have a problem you will only suffer for it, but if you accept him and forgive him if problem come again you will both battle it together and God will bless your hursle with prayer, I summon
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 28, 2020
franchasng:
of course why must he come back with empty hand after a freaking 8 years of oblivion

If that guy had sense enough, shame won't let him go back to her. He has no shame. Yes I know times are hard, I know all fingers aren't equal but let's be realistic, the guy is not serious with his life. He needs spiritual deliverance from strange stronghold first.

The guy needs to sort his life out first before going back to a lady he abandoned with pregnancy for 8 years. He is wicked to have come back to her with a heavier burden, think about it please

The ego of a man should prevent him from coming back empty after 8years ...
he’s desperate, I have a strong feeling he wants to use her or the kid for rituals....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. / Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.