Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,496 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing (71415 Views)

You Left Us No Single Legacy - Sad Children Write On Their Late Dad's Biography / My Husband Left Us / I Confessed To Our Househelp Before She Left Us. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Miarose: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2020
Eight years is a lifetime and people change. You don't know this guy,I promise you. Put on your investigative hat and get as much details as you can. Forget love, this is survival.

34 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by LilMissFavvy(f): 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2020
You haven't mentioned the reason he abandoned you, what reasons did he give? Truth is, life is a risk. Yes, he made you pass through a lot and you are now a single mother. He came back begging with empty hands, if you decide to stand by him, be prepared because it will not be easy. So are you ready to suffer all over again? If yes, then take him back. If no, then push him out. My only warning is, whatever you chose, never ever let him have sex with you, except he completes your marriage rites. Frustrate him sexually and never give in no matter what. He does not deserve you.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 27, 2020
Hathor5:

He was a kind, good person and even paid my school fees but left when I needed him the most while I was pregnant. Women!

And he didn't care to see his son for eight years? Now he is back wanting to take responsibility? Have you asked him what this 'taking responsibility' means practically speaking? This is what I would like to know. Is your father around? My father would have a serious conversation with this guy if it was me. He would have to have specific answers to very specific questions, not vague statements like 'now I want to take responsibility'.
My dad is late. He would have been in the best position to help me decide this

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Hathor5(f): 8:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
Divanona:

My dad is late. He would have been in the best position to help me decide this

I am sorry to read it but maybe you can ask your dad for guidance from above if you are spiritually inclined.
Take your time and ask important questions before you make up your mind. Don't sell yourself cheap. Take your time dear.

5 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by oseoji: 8:47pm On Sep 27, 2020
Nothing stops him from being a father to his son,paying visits,hanging out now while he sorts out his own ,from a distance while you both begin to court again if you want.

You said he wants to take responsibility,how?
No income,no accomodation,no job, nothing.

He paid your school fees in the past so I guess it's payback time but just remember,it's not your job to be his Messiah.

Is it you that will sponsor the marriage abi manna will fall from heaven?

I bet pastor somewhere has told him that the key to unlocking his fortune is by righting the wrong he did to you and his son..he will disappear like he did 8 years ago if after a few years he's still in the same situation.

I hope you have a good job or business to take care of 3 of you and any additional kids because this looks a suffer head manual loading.

This is 2020,marriages are formed to pool resources and get ahead ,not to go 100 steps back(all things being equal)

I wish you all the best.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Alennsar(f): 8:53pm On Sep 27, 2020
Zzor:
Biased comment
Don't mind him jare. After all the child survived eight years without his father so what's the big deal about the father's presence?

OP should think deeply about any decision she is about to make. I wish her the best

20 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
oseoji:
Nothing stops him from being a father to his son,paying visits,hanging out now while he sorts out his own ,from a distance while you both begin to court again if you want.

He paid your school fees in the past so I guess it's payback time.

I bet pastor somewhere has told him that the key to unlocking his fortune is by righting the wrong he did to you and his son..he will disappear like he did 8 years ago if after a few years he's still in the same situation.

I hope you have a good job or business to take care of 3 of you and any additional kids because this looks a suffer head manual loading.

I wish you all the best.

I don't have a good job either. Still struggling with my business. That's why I'm more confused. At least I've been surviving with my son with the little from my small business, but having him in our lives now, is scary.

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by jimmychang: 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.
I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

Sorry for my lengthy write-up

This life self no ever get one particular formula.I am not too experienced in life what I can say is that you should do a thorough research about what he has been doing these past years .
It might be that he tried his best and life bleeped him up...or he was just lazy ...I don't know ...Just scan him very well and please don't work with your heart work with your brain

Peace mam.... praying for you

4 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by oseoji: 9:13pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Divanona post=94381028][/quote]

So what's your motivation then?

You can barely feed your child ,can you feed him and house him too without being resentful? He should be coming to part alleviate your burden not add extra problems to your life.

I'm sure it's great to see your son so excited,but excitement doesn't translate to food,neither will excitement put a roof over your head or pay school fees.

You both can co-parent peacefully without marrying and he can be a father to his son while you work to give your child the future he deserves.

10 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
merieam16:
U dey mind them ni, women av nt suffered and will never suffer unless u choose to suffer in their hands
what more can I say,you are right

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2020
oseoji:

He paid your school fees in the past so I guess it's payback time but just remember,it's not your job to be his Messiah.

This is 2020,marriages are formed to pool resources and get ahead ,not to go 100 steps back(all things being equal)

I wish you all the best.

That was an act of kindness from him which I appreciate deeply in my heart. But i did more for him as well.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by DontBullshitMe: 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2020
Another "Seun must eat" thread. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by oseoji: 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Divanona:
That was an act of kindness from him which I appreciate deeply in my heart. But i did more for him as well.

So what's your motivation then? You haven't mentioned what exactly you aim to achieve with this marriage apart from increased financial burden.

You haven't said he's wonderful or ambitious or a wonderful father to your child.

There's nothing positive other than your son's excitement ,that's why I'm struggling to see where your confusion is coming from.

Marriage these days is a calculated decision not some romanticised leap.of faith,this one you're wide awake and leaping into problems .

Remove sentiments and put your thinking cap on. Hunger + Marriage or Single Mother and managing.
Nothing criminal in both options, it's all a matter of personal priority.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by CanadianNaija: 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2020
Divanona:
Eight years ago, with tears in my eye, I held his hand, begged him to stay with me that we will struggle together and succeed, but he refused. He walked away living me pregnant. Now, he's back without anything.

We were friends from the University, I graduated before him because I was studying a 4years course. The very first time, we tried to take our relationship serious was after my graduation. We had s.e.-x for the very first time and I became pregnant.
The truth is, the guy have always been good to me throughout my stays in school.
I remembered that day he sacrificed his school fees for mine so I could be able to do my final clearance. But when I became pregnant, he walked away after convincing me to keep our baby.

He wants to take responsibility with what please? Why can’t he see your son without you carrying his burden? Where were his family in all this when he lost his senses and abandoned you?

You want to get together with him? So basically sufferhead is your destiny?

You better think with your head not your heart. Women and fish brain. Mstheewwwww!

19 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 9:44pm On Sep 27, 2020
oseoji:

So what's your motivation then? You haven't mentioned what exactly you aim to achieve with this marriage apart from increased financial burden.

You haven't said he's wonderful or ambitious or a wonderful father to your child.

There's nothing positive other than your son's excitement ,that's why I'm struggling to see where your confusion is coming from.

Marriage these days is a calculated decision not some romanticised leap.of faith,this one you're wide awake and leaping into problems .

Remove sentiments and put your thinking cap on. Hunger + Marriage or Single Mother and managing.
Nothing criminal in both options, it's all a matter of personal priority.
The only motivation here is having him in the life of his son.

My aim is to see him doing great and taking responsibility for himself and his son as well even if I'm marring someone else.

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 9:46pm On Sep 27, 2020
CanadianNaija:

He wants to take responsibility with what please? Why can’t he see your son without you carrying his burden? Where were his family in all this when he lost his senses and abandoned you?

You want to get today with him? So basically sufferhead is your destiny?

You better think with your head not your heart. Women and fish brain. Mstheewwwww!
Exactly,

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by oseoji: 9:54pm On Sep 27, 2020
[quote author=Divanona post=94382654][/quote]

@Divanona
Your sole focus should be on making yourself great not someone else .Are you allergic to greatness?

I know I'm being blunt but you seem to have a Saviour complex towards him while you've not even managed to sort out your own life.

I understand he is the father of your son and you mean well but you should have a look at your priorities and learn to put your wellbeing and that of your child first.

He's an adult ,he can be in the life of his son while sorting himself out without being an additional strain to you.

If you want to marry him just to give your son his last name,that's solely your choice and not a problem but you can't turn back and start crying about suffering.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by spiralwedge(m): 9:57pm On Sep 27, 2020
Divanona,

It's good you forgave him. But he can always come to visit his son but dont accommodate him. Let him go to his family house.
Having a child for him doesn't mean you should marry. If you desire to help, help from afar.
Also, investigate very well what he had been up to all those years of absence.
Have a discuss with him along with your brother, let him know hes forgiven and can always come to visit his son.
A word of warning: whenever he comes to see his son, make sure the visit is supervised. If not he may disappear with him for whatever reason. And it should be like that until the boy turns 18.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Legionx: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2020
Lalasticlala
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 27, 2020
Op,let me truly advice you,never choose a life partner based on emotions and feelings,you will be at the receiving end(mostly women).
Most women that got married based on emotions and feelings without using their brains end up sad,you may love a man so much and he won't be a good man to settle down with,be emotionless when choosing a life partner while your brain is most active,that love you may feel will eventually turn to sadness and sorrows if you settle for the wrong choice and you will be asking yourself if you were blinded when you agreed to marry him,but when you choose the right partner that you may not have much love for,the love will eventually set in when he treats you right and have you covered in all aspects.Love doesn't last long if not properly nurtured.Tell that man to go stay with his family while you think of what best to do but never let emotions influence your decision.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by TheCork(m): 11:02pm On Sep 27, 2020
Zzor:
what more can I say,you are right

True. Anyways hi.
I apologice again..I juss mistakenly come on yor face again on yor profile foto smiley
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Raalsalghul: 1:12am On Sep 28, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Another "Seun must eat" thread. undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 1:28am On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:
Eight don't want to make more mistakes.

What made him leave in the first place?
He left after convincing you keep the pregnancy So, he was really ready to stay with you?

You are still hiding so many things here. The way you present it, makes it looks like he abandoned you without looking back. So, how have you guys been communicating?

For you to seems confused, means there is more to all this.

My little cents...

He seems determined to turn himself to adult because of you which didn't worked for him. He sacrificed his life for you thinking he can maneuver things but it failed.

That youngman has a fighting spirit and it takes a responsible young lady to also appreciate that. If you feel anything bad about him, just tell him now and let him go.

One thing I am sure of is that, the young boy will definitely end up a great man.

4 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by frozen70(f): 4:15am On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:

I went through everything all by myself.
Since last year, he has been apologizing on phone, so last week, I asked him to come. He traveled down to my place. Without being afraid of anyone harming him from my family, he believed in me and came. He's around in my family house, staying in my brother's room for the past 3days.
He has opened up everything to me, my family members and have apologized.

now, I'm so confused with my life.

He couldn't graduate, he had problem in school after I left and all this years, he has been struggling, but now he wants to take responsibility and be with us, but he had nothing. No certificate, except diploma which he later did from another school, no job, no place of his own to stay. He had nothing. He wants us to get married and have a family.

I feel I'm about to add more burden to my already stressed life.
The only positive thing here now, is the excitement my son is having seeing his father and the relationship they're building.

A part of me wants to see this guy have a great life and have direction and not see him live like this, even if I don't settle down with him. because when I meant him, he was kind, a good person, he had dreams, vision and good plans.
But living us alone all this years, with all his explanations, I'm not contented.

Another part of me is confused, afraid and I feel ishould push him away and let him go back to his life and keep moving with my son because I don't have the strength to shoulder all these.

Please matured mind in the house, what do you have to say? This is my life and it's getting more confused.
What would you advise? What should I do?
I don't want to make more mistakes.

He came back to you because he has lost all hope in life

He left you because he believes he has greater chances than being with you

Now he wants to be the cross you have to carry in your life

Forget about the sentiment of your son here

If you ever love him, see him as the man of your life

If that word love wasn't and never existed in your heart, accept him and see him as your cross to carry for life

7 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 5:07am On Sep 28, 2020
Thanks @everyone for sharing your views and advice.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by pk2me: 5:21am On Sep 28, 2020
That part you said he paid your school fees is where am more interested.
A guy can do anything to get what he needs in a woman, so never believe that paying your school fees means he loves you a lot.
Becareful with him.

13 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by zeb04(f): 5:22am On Sep 28, 2020
Divanona:
Thanks @everyone for sharing your views and advice.
you better dont make the mistake of accepting that man back in your life as a partner.

It is even possible he has a child too somewhere else. Human beings will never tell you the entire truth, when they need your help, they will only say what you need to here.

Suffer head is not what God made you for. Forgive him and let him go to his family. Be careful, the heart of man is inherently wicked, who can know it.

17 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by femi4: 6:20am On Sep 28, 2020
You need him for balance emotionally. Give him another chance

1 Like

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by CHoccolaTE: 7:40am On Sep 28, 2020
Don't be too fast to let that man into your life, he can visit his son under your supervision but no marriage for now untill he finds his feet. He sounds like a lazy and confused person. There are guys that will use that 8 years to become millionaires or even relocate to a better country with a good job but this your guy could not even achieve anything meaningful this whole time when he had no support what makes you think he will suddenly become successful when he knows you will be there to feed him and take care of him?
All these guys telling you to accept him back will never tell their fellow men to accept a woman who abandoned her child for years. They will say you went to do ashawo work now you are back for forgiveness with all your STDs. grin

Ask yourself this question, if that your guy had become very wealthy and successful in his life do you really think he will come back to marry you? Or he will look for another younger, more beautiful girl without kids to marry.

Abeg use your head. Love dies very very very fast when there is suffering and poverty. Use your head.

33 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Mindlog: 7:48am On Sep 28, 2020
femi4:

Please do explain her need for him in order to balance emotionally.

14 Likes

Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 28, 2020
pk2me:
That part you said he paid your school fees is where am more interested.
A guy can do anything to get what he needs in a woman, so never believe that paying your school fees means he loves you a lot.
Becareful with him.
I mean that's the only good memories of him. Not that I'm indebted to that. I do more for him as well.
Re: Left Us. After Eight Years, He's Back And Had Nothing by Nobody: 8:17am On Sep 28, 2020
femi4:
How please? He's here and I'm more confused than ever.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

My Wife Denies Me Sex Just Because Her Mum Is Around. / Husband And Wife Fight Over $300 In Front Of Their Young Children / What's The Cost Of Marriage Certificates And Courthouse Marriages In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.