Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,032 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest - Celebrities (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest (53939 Views)

Seun Anikulapo Kuti Warns People Over Fela... / Grammy: Burna Boy Shades Davido “E No Choke Again, E Hang” (Video) / I F*cked Yo Baby Mama & Played ‘fortnite’ With Yo Son” – Soulja Boy Shades Tyga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by mobi99(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
burna have already say his mind in his latest album "monsters you made" .. government will continue to see the evil they have create untill they change, even when they change the evil they procreate in the mind of the youths will forever hunt them and their families, talking about the gun run business,militancy, insurgency, banditary, corruption, political thuggery, terrorism, ethnicsim, religious war against humanity, hatred among tribes... all these are the systematic ways our so called leaders has used to keep us all apart from fighting against them and there and there crew,for there own selfish gain.we have millions of graduate rooming around the street of Nigerian states after the aluta fights,all this atrocities has come to stay and never to go away.... I stand wit burna bcus they have make the manotaurs in life of Nigerian youths wake... I pray that the. people that will come after us will be twice brutal than us

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Muftimenk: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
goltokka:
Anyone who knows Sowore well will know he's not a politician but activist,I was privileged to fight along with him against Babangida military rule then in my Unilag days,I was even his personal body guard when we were attacked by the soldiers in one of our anti military rule at oshodi. Sowore only joined politics with the hope of gaining power for the use of masses. I'm not a politician ,I'm not even in Nigeria as I write now. Let's join hands and struggle for the emancipation of our country ,don't just " siddon and look"

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..

You too get sense... May sense never depart from you..
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 30, 2020
Khaki no be Leather ...

Even if you can’t protest you can still speak up...when necessary if it affects one it affects us all

When education and wisdom mix the result is speaking in such a way that even your oppressors will listen

Nigeria didn’t make me a monster the hardship made me strive to be educated and formal about it
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by mobi99(m): 10:22am On Sep 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
He is claiming to be Fela incarnate
claiming to be the only music revolutionist after Fela but he doesn't want to take the risk Fela took.

Cowardice low budget Fela
all those that took the risk where are they? do u even remember that any of them ever exist? when last did u play fela song beast of no nation..... bro one ought to be wise especially in this country where government nor the masse dont give a damn about rule of law

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 10:22am On Sep 30, 2020
willyjacs:
if u still don't know at this age that ur politicians are the same,and after attacking themselves,they later end up on one table drinking while u the puppet they used to achieve their goals will still remain the suffering level u are, then u must be a kid.

Burna is a clever dude.

Ur politicians are the same, they are all connected.
Common sense from observations need to tell u that.

Is it not Obaseki nd iyamu that were attacking themselves recently?
Just wait nd see what happens later.

At the end of the day, u followers become the fool.

Let burna boy alone, let him face his hustle nd continue passing his message via music.
There are many ways to pass messages...music is a very big channel for that.

If burna nor go,make u go.
Na ur money u go still come take treat the fracture wey police "talk truth" go give u....that is if u come back alive.

I was not attacking burna boy, his response just called every of his follower fools in the sense that he preaches what he is not willing to practice, which is quite understandable due to the Nigerian nature, but there are ways to remain neutral alongside leaving room for future oppurtunities with a larger united demand.

If we dont trust anyone, how then can we try solutions?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Muftimenk: 10:23am On Sep 30, 2020
Prechgold1180:
yes o
1.5m + 5bedroom flat in lekki
Innoson SUV
Bag pack of Pepsi I v made it in life
grin
Prechgold1180:
yes o
1.5m + 5bedroom flat in lekki
Innoson SUV
Bag pack of Pepsi I v made it in life
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Muftimenk: 10:24am On Sep 30, 2020
Muftimenk:
grin
stop joking joor
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by FuckThaMod: 10:26am On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..
He's just like the rest... A coward that is using false lyrics, he just cares about his cars and mansion. Mark my words, he won't win Grammy.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by tonididdy(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Funkyswagzz:

Bro come out with your army I will join u
Sadly I escaped the zoo and only visit at intervals... At this intervals I'm not in the zoo but you can encourage me when I see how serious you folks are.

I'm up for anything called a better Nigeria
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by mukthar2000(m): 10:31am On Sep 30, 2020
Muftimenk:
grin grin gbam
Fela don talk
sure brother, we no better of Baba Fela when the was in kalakuta republic and his shrine was at Ikeja, we no how the follow government to fight for country rebellion with his stubbornness till his death and we took him round lagos insland when Seum was blowing his trumpet follow his father coffin with billions of crowd both foreigner and Nigerians. FELA NA HERO, SWORE SHOULD NEVER COMPARE HIM WITH BUNERBOY,
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by mukthar2000(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2020
BABA FELA KUTI NA HERO, SWORE SHOULD NEVER COMPARE HIM WITH BUNERBOY, MILLION OF BURNERBOY CAN NOT WITHSTAND WHAT BABA FELA HAS DONE IN HIS LIFE TIME .

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Besk: 10:39am On Sep 30, 2020
Parisian:
Yele is not the same. He has shown that.

I could say the say about but a boy that musicians are all crackheads who lead a dysfunctional lifestyle chasing women, drugs and alcohol

Since 1993, Yele has been and still faces persecution from the government.

Burns just used this rubbish reply as an excuse.

You are a liar. Yele is even worse than the current politicians and you his supporters who insult everyone that had a contrary opinion to him are valid proof of that. You try to intimidate every other person and it is only your own views that you want to hear.

Sahara Reporters collects millions of dollars as grants but that once highly regarded online news portal is nothing more than a serial falsehood and agenda-driven machine.

Before you try to oppose me, let me state here that I have been to Yele’s campaigns (when he was still running the presidential campaign), his boys were behaving like cultists - bit allowing access to the halls for people they assumed were opposed to him and then dragging people out of the venue.

Are those the same people we want in government? They’ll be worse from “You must be stupid” Femi Fani-Kayode.

The children of paupers that were arrested at the last #RevolutionNow protest, who do you think got their bail? Their poor parents (petty traders, etc). Who was bailing Yele and his personal circle? Senior Advicates of Nigeria. It just shows that this fellow is after his own interest.

Stop behaving like goons. Learn to accommodate opposing views and then, maybe, Nigerians might listen a bit more.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Almost everyone campaigned for the next big thing (APC) in 2015... What did you expect??! Do you or need you blame them??! Did Jonathan and PDP leave them much choice??!

Does that mean some of them are not permitted to be remorseful, regretful, and continue fighting for a better nation??! Come on!!!
I don't blame them in 2015 but they take d blame for voting APC again in 2019
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Besk: 10:43am On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Epic reply

Anyone shouting revolution is a liar with only personal interest at heart. The structure of this country makes it impossible to salvage, the diversity is not educated enough to coexist nor many ethnic groups ready to coexist. The high impunity and nepotism on the Northern Fulani isn't not what anyone can fix either. The only solution is disintegration. They started with not too young to rule now look at Senator Abbo and Gov Yahya Bello. Embarrassing our youths on a multiple streak. No politician in the Nigerian false contraption is to be trusted

The real cowards are the anti Biafrans. Nigeria will never be good. The system needs an entire dismantling which translates to disintegration then the real revolution would begin when the divided units competes for greatness in the global scene

I'm not Igbo but they seems to be the only people bold enough in this zoo of a country that wants to take control of their future unlike my Yorubas and other coward who prefer suffering and smiling. We must all take our destiny and future in our hands and dissolve this forced contraption. I no trust Sowore either he campaigned vigorously for Buhari in 2015 election now look at him.

Idiot, you’re as Igbo as they come and you’re an incurable tribalist. Can you not make your narrow-minded tribalistic point without insulting other tribes? Maybe not.

Home training is a very scarce value nowadays.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 30, 2020
This one dey fear, I dare you to sing a controversial song like "this is nigeria" claiming Fela incarnate because of your bele. Yeye dey smell.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Angelfrost(m): 10:44am On Sep 30, 2020
richmanrichard:
I don't blame them in 2015 but they take d blame for voting APC again in 2019

Sowore has been speaking against this administration since 2016 na!!!
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Litmus: 10:48am On Sep 30, 2020
backnbeta:
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided

Protest can happen in Nigeria. Nigerians can be persuaded across ethnic and even religious affiliations to protest for a cause that benefits the nation. It needs someone or a broad coalition of individuals dedicated enough to organise it. Sowore could have done it but he appears to be calling for a revolution that begins with a protest. He is wrong and Nigerians are smart to reject it.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by DAVE5(m): 10:48am On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Sowore is after his personal interest and only using this as tools. When the real fight starts we'll know we'll join.

That could be true, everyone is always mostly fighting for themselves, Nigeria needs redemption one way or the other from the claws of these dragon that have gripped it for so long

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by DAVE5(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
SegFault:
This one dey fear, I dare you to sing a controversial song like "this is nigeria" claiming Fela incarnate because of your bele. Yeye dey smell.

So much sense in your post, so far, only falz has used his music to cast his intentions

2face was doing something like that but chickened out

I don’t blame him, the current Nigeria is a jungle, anything can happen at any time and ain’t nobody gone be there to back you up when the chips are down cos even those that would back you up can be taken out like they never existed
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ThreeEyedRaven: 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Besk:

Idiot, you’re as Igbo as they come and you’re an incurable tribalist. Can you not make your narrow-minded tribalistic point without insulting other tribes? Maybe not.

Home training is a very scarce value nowadays.

Shame on you! The previous and recent DSS recruitment is tribalistic not me .. Buharis appointment is tribalistic not me ...the service chiefs and DG of high majority of the MDAs and other federal parastatals are tribalistic not me ... all the high ranking police and para military and military focusing on the Northern Fulani are tribalistic not me... The RUGA and the Water Resource Bill is tribalistic not me... If you're not benefactor of all these then you're the most stewpid coward. If you're a benefactor, then know the days of your empire is numbered as it will end in premium tears for all you
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 10:54am On Sep 30, 2020
EastGold:
Burna Boy is a coward abeg
you that is a lionward what are you waiting for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 30, 2020
DAVE5:

So much sense in your post, so far, only falz has used his music to cast his intentions

2face was doing something like that but chickened out

I don’t blame him, the current Nigeria is a jungle, anything can happen at any time and ain’t no be there to back you up cos even those that back you up can be taken out like they never existed
I understand that sowore might be a charlatan, but this burna boy guy changed to Fela's format when he saw his music wasn't selling much, I don't even see the criticism in his song when I compare it to songs like "War Pigs" or "Imagine" or "This is Nigeria" the guy just sounds so fake. It is better to just sing your song and pass, not claiming what you aren't.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 10:58am On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
So because I support a candidate to replace an 'ESTABLISHED' useless president, are you saying I have no right to criticise the new government when they start being useless? What sort of reasoning is this? When did you see me supporting pmb in 2019?

Meanwhile Was this same Sowore not the same person who fought the Yaradua cabal to standstill to make GEJ president? So he should have been quiet when GEJ started misleading simply because he "helped GEJ to power"?

Sowore fought IBB for democracy, fought Abacha (and ran away on exile), returned to the scene and fought OBJ severely, fought Yaradua and his people during the sickness crisis which led to GEJ's emergence, but somehow according to your judgment, Sowore had no right to criticise GEJ, and for what reason exactly?
this is the 2nd time you are calling my mentality sick. this goes a long way to show ur level of tolerance. Everyone wud Neva agree with you on everything. the sowore we know today became popular in gejs era n u lied when you said that he helped gej became president
. for the records, gej gained presidency 2ru yaradua' s death n nobody fought yaradua to bring in gej. you can easily blame another man for the misfortune you brought yourself. b4 2015 presidential election, you n your cohorts cannot complete a comment here without adding " sai baba". if you were so serious about this revolt, u shud start adding the remove baba hashtah in every comment u make so that we can take you serious. my bro;daaa! stop WAILING.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ruffDiamond: 11:00am On Sep 30, 2020
Prechgold1180:
Sowore should shut is Bleep up

Nah so Dem like to they put person for trouble
Burna is busy chasing Grammy you want to make home lose focus

And you want government to put him in shackles and chain

Bleep sowore and the fool
Sowore is a fucking bitch ass politician looking for who to use all dose e rovolution now nah format

Meanwhile I finally made it

FTC on the last day of dame September
Mod pls do the needful

My account number is
Holdon lemme contact my bank agent

Please if you want to make it like me

Keep ur hopes high

Keep pushing keep hustling
One day u ll make FTC

no be Grammy na Crummy.. if dem no award Fela Grammy, with all his sacrifices and ORIGINALITY, 1000 imposter, plagiarist,style biter,thief like that rusty gas ''burner' boy won't smell it..ever!you think those Grammy judges are dumb??hehehe,you nothing! the best he'll get is nomination and maybe more nomination! none of his song is original! why you kidjo keep whooping his ass?sowore is still very right! that stove 'burner: is an hypocrite! I can't even compare him with falz(this is Nigeria crooner)let alone Eedris(Nigeria jagajaga)the like of tuface and stove burner are liver less!they have no businesses making music criticising government,when they can't match their work with action! who no sabi do that one?make him join davido dey sing about boobs and yansh abeg ,we go understand.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by DAVE5(m): 11:00am On Sep 30, 2020
SegFault:

I understand that sowore might be a charlatan, but this burna boy guy changed to Fela's format when he saw his music wasn't selling much, I don't even see the criticism in his song when I compare it to songs like "War Pigs" or "Imagine" or "This is Nigeria" the guy just sounds so fake. It is better to just sing your song and pass, not claiming what you aren't.

So true, e dey claim who he no be up and down, we go sha dey listen to him song, but we know who he is "on the low"
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
DAVE5:

So true, e dey claim who he no be up and down, we go sha dey listen to him song, but we know who he is "on the low"
gringrin

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 11:02am On Sep 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
He is claiming to be Fela incarnate
claiming to be the only music revolutionist after Fela but he doesn't want to take the risk Fela took.

Cowardice low budget Fela
Go and kill yourself.
why u no become the Fela alike

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 11:04am On Sep 30, 2020
Alexgeneration:
Burna boy is a big coward. He thinks it's all about smoking baskets of weed and wearing pant on stage.

Even if he thinks Sowore is deceitful, he can form his own group and lead them to protest and not chickening out when given the opportunity to show his mettle.
How many groups have you formed to do a protest?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
Sowore is one activist who has been absolutely consistent in his fight against every sleazy government, from IBB, to Abacha to OBJ to GEJ and to Buhari. Once a leader shows signs of misbehaviour, Sowore has never held back for anyone. But somehow, a large group of Nigerians who claim to want a change in how things are done in the country chose to stab Sowore in the back because somehow, he didnt lick GEJ's ass (just the same way he hasnt licked the ass of any single sitting president), and not licking GEJ's ass somehow led to the emergence of PMB. The question any wise person should have asked is, did Sowore ever lick PMB's ass for even one day after he became president?

With this kind of pervasive mentality, Nigerians truly deserve the kind of imbeciles we have as leaders; Nigerians are truly never worth fighting for.

u see all those condeming sowore for surporting APC in the past are all PDP supporters. if sowere joins PDP today they will all welcome him. NO HOPE for Nigeria cause our youth way of thinking had been genetical mutated and too late to be rejuvinated, hence their confusing comments u r seeing here. we the masses are the major problem of this country now not the government again. mind u, our current bunch of musicians r only selling lyrics and sound not who they really are. not in NIGERIA

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Latasha Ngwube: "The Potholes In Lagos Are Affecting My Breasts" / Register For Blueprint Consulting Strategic Masterclass On Public Speaking / Mr Eazi: "I Quit My N2Million Per Month Job For Music"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.