Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest (53915 Views)

Seun Anikulapo Kuti Warns People Over Fela... / Grammy: Burna Boy Shades Davido “E No Choke Again, E Hang” (Video) / I F*cked Yo Baby Mama & Played ‘fortnite’ With Yo Son” – Soulja Boy Shades Tyga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 11:05am On Sep 30, 2020
blacknp:
What risk, do you know anything about Fela?, is it all political issues that Fela touched on, did Fela say anything about Azikiwe & Awolowo? Go and sing your own song & make a name for yourself, before you have the audacity to call Burna Boy a coward, he earned what he has, it wasn’t given to him, go and work for your own name Coward, & stop waiting for your juniors to fight for your right. Coward.
this your reply have made my day
Bravo Bravo

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Angelfrost:

Sowore has been speaking against this administration since 2016 na!!!
the same as ffk
. but can u trust two of them? NO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 11:07am On Sep 30, 2020
Proffdada:
He's a scared baby that's all He will always remain a boy
you that is a man where are you?

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Haykinx98(m): 11:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Sowore should call Naira Marley instead

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 30, 2020
It is laughable for sowore to call out Burna boy for a protest against a government he promoted and brought into government in 2015.. go and fight the government yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Besk: 11:16am On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:

Shame on you! The previous and recent DSS recruitment is tribalistic not me .. Buharis appointment is tribalistic not me ...the service chiefs and DG of high majority of the MDAs and other federal parastatals are tribalistic not me ... all the high ranking police and para military and military focusing on the Northern Fulani are tribalistic not me... The RUGA and the Water Resource Bill is tribalistic not me... If you're not benefactor of all these then you're the most stewpid coward. If you're a benefactor, then know the days of your empire is numbered as it will end in premium tears for all you

Shame on you. Really big shame. You seem unable to make a point without being tribalistic or being abusive. Bug shame on you.

Nigerians - Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and indeed all tribes are better off without rabble rousers like you.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by sylve11: 11:18am On Sep 30, 2020
Tranquill:
Yes Sowore doesn't know that we all know that he is a politician just like Buhari and Tinubu. He is pretending to be an activist or revolutionary or wetin again o...

na so.... cool
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by sylve11: 11:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..

aha....... cool
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ThreeEyedRaven: 11:24am On Sep 30, 2020
Besk:

Shame on you. Really big shame. You seem unable to make a point without being tribalistic or being abusive. Bug shame on you.

Nigerians - Igbos, Yorubas, Hausas and indeed all tribes are better off without rabble rousers like you.

I'm happy that I'm not the reason you're stupid but I'm happier you're really stupid enough to have made no point so far

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 11:25am On Sep 30, 2020
debola33:
It is laughable for sowore to call out Burna boy for a protest against a government he promoted and brought into government in 2015.. go and fight the government yourself.
NNE thank u
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by richmanrichard: 11:32am On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
So because I support a candidate to replace an 'ESTABLISHED' useless president, are you saying I have no right to criticise the new government when they start being useless? What sort of reasoning is this? When did you see me supporting pmb in 2019?

Meanwhile Was this same Sowore not the same person who fought the Yaradua cabal to standstill to make GEJ president? So he should have been quiet when GEJ started misleading simply because he "helped GEJ to power"?

Sowore fought IBB for democracy, fought Abacha (and ran away on exile), returned to the scene and fought OBJ severely, fought Yaradua and his people during the sickness crisis which led to GEJ's emergence, but somehow according to your judgment, Sowore had no right to criticise GEJ, and for what reason exactly?
your right is dead n buried. the only right you have ends on your screen touch/keyboard.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Gerrard59(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2020
The clown called Sowore supported Buhari in 2015, he alone should push for whatever revolution he wants and leave an innocent Burna Boy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Gerrard59(m): 11:47am On Sep 30, 2020
debola33:

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ifyz0001: 11:58am On Sep 30, 2020
Young people can't really understand the dynamics in politics, that is why it seems to the the old men's game.

richmanrichard:
he gave a perfect response. sowore campaigned for d same APC.so how can u trust such a person. he is not qualified to lead a protest against APC talk more of calling out Burna boo who has bin criticizing this gov from day1 along with falz d bad guy
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Muftimenk: 12:03pm On Sep 30, 2020
mukthar2000:
sure brother, we no better of Baba Fela when the was in kalakuta republic and his shrine was at Ikeja, we no how the follow government to fight for country rebellion with his stubbornness till his death and we took him round lagos insland when Seum was blowing his trumpet follow his father coffin with billions of crowd both foreigner and Nigerians. FELA NA HERO, SWORE SHOULD NEVER COMPARE HIM WITH BUNERBOY,
I support you 100%

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Brushstrokes20: 12:08pm On Sep 30, 2020
The great FELA is ANIKULAPO!
OTHERS are ARIKU JAPA!
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ifyz0001: 12:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
The people out there are just feeble minded to understand how politics work.

obailala:
This sort of ignorant mentality really sickens me. Sowore has fought every single bad government in Nigeria since 1993 till date, he has protested, has been brutalised and has been jailed several times. From IBB to Abacha to OBJ to Yaradua, to Yaradua cabal to GEJ and he didnt relent for a second before he started blasting PMB. He has never licked the ass of any sitting president and has been consistently consistent in calling out sleaze and criticising bad leadership.

But somehow, GEJ supporters are angry with Sowore cos he didnt lick GEJ's ass thereby leading to the emergence of PMB. An outsider hearing this would actually think the so called GEJ wasnt deserving of criticism... Meanwhile the same Sowore you criticise and accuse of supporting APC did not relent for even a micro second before he began attacking APC... The question wise people should have asked is, did Sowore lick PMB's ass for a single day since he became president?

Like they say, Nigerians are not worth fighting for.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by antibullshit: 12:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Burna Boy also became a Fela fan AFTER he died. #Hypocrite
It really doesnt make sense to accuse Burna Boy of becoming a Fela fan after his death because he had no say in the matter.
Burna was born in 1991! Fela died in 1997! Burna Boy was 6 when Fela died!
However, I know for a fact that Burna Boy knows music from way before his time because I know him in person.
Im 20 years his senior. I remember one time when I took him to the movies and I was playing NWA in the car and on hearing it he said,
"thats NWA" he didnt ask me. He knew. He knows a lot of 90's rap which I always used to play whenever i went out with him.
Burna is a cool dude if you know him. It hurts me when people try to label him as otherwise.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 12:20pm On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..
That would still show him as coward

Better put

As a fela believer i have championed and would continue to champion the struggle for freedom through my music
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Hollarshoray: 12:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
[color=#000099][/color]Nah,He's not..D guy is just bn careful as much as he can.make una govt no go pour sand for him garri
EastGold:
Burna Boy is a coward abeg
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2020
craves:
That's a very childish and immature form of invitation from sowore. You don't invite poleople by castigation. Nobody dey feed anybody. EveryoEveryone have their one mind and views about Nigeria

If I were burns, I would add insult to the reply

Meanwhile

You saw through it, it was more of a casting that an invitation.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by fireback: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
NofiuFade:
As far as am concern Burna boy can choose to join the protest at his own risk, one thing we ll understand in Nigeria for now be say we dont know who is who and we cant compare the era of Fela to this current dispensation, back then theres loyalty and you can depend on people support to protest against govt without expecting to be bank roll, Now all around the world almost all protester are paid for it, The blame i have for our musicians is just they are nomore representing the real cultural part of music, not any nigeria artist is currently using his or her musical power to speak against any bad govt policy and thats too bad!
corrections, not all protesters are paid. have you checked IPOB. they have never been paid a dime for any protest, yet they protest in millions.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by 3gpvids: 12:42pm On Sep 30, 2020
Coward pass coward...smh
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nawa4you: 12:43pm On Sep 30, 2020
Everybody should face thier line of trade. Burna uses music, Sowore should use his, which is politics.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by fireback: 12:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
I love the way burna boy addressed sowore, "you politicians".
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by bhella10: 12:47pm On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
You dont trust him but you'd rather trust and vote scoundrels like PMB, GEJ, Atiku, Wike etc because you think Sowore (who has been a fighting activist since 1993) is not to be trusted since he's likely just also a politician like PMB, GEJ, Atiku, Wike etc.

You're asking what Revolution Now means, maybe in your own eyes, Nigeria is already Utopia and our leaders are perfectly leading perfectly. Everyday people lament the inability to protest bad leadership because they fear they will be shot. But someone somehow courageously decides to lead this protest but interestingly, it isnt even the government officials that are pulling him down, rather it's ordinary Nigerians.

Nigeria truly deserves its kind of leadership.
If you were Sowore himself and I asked you same question but unfortunately this what you could muster, bro you just lost a potential follower. I expected you to be savvy with your reply. I'm disappointed.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Elvictor: 12:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
no sane human being will support this forced marriage called Nigeria, Burnaboy knows nothing will change even if he goes around the streets to protest.
rather another useless government will emerge, invite Burnaboy on protest to divide Nigeria then he will join.

if he is to protest and bring in another useless leader from Yoruba tribe, you followers of Sowore are mad!
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by bhella10: 12:55pm On Sep 30, 2020
richmanrichard:
the same as ffk . but can u trust two of them? NO
. Touche✓
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by bhella10: 12:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
tonididdy:

You don't have a dictionary to figure out what a revolution means? undecided
We can all authoritatively say Nigerians are indeed cowards and this is what our politicians feed on "our fear".
Whether we do it now or not, a mass protest must happen before Buhari tenure elapses.
You lead we follow. Who says if you spearhead the protest laidislaidis we won't follow?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Bigchristo: 12:58pm On Sep 30, 2020
khalidx:
Popular musician Burnaboy lost his chill after Omoyele Sowore called him to join the October 1st protest.

Sowore via his Twitter handle tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1310926028886421505

Burna boy quickly responded with this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1311009689782702081
lets be realistic about this matter Burna Boy don’t have the guts to stage protest or passed through what Sowore has passed through in quest of fighting revolution in this country,they are two different kind of people,(1) Burna Boy can put things into writing and vocal it to become music with glaring facts about things that are affecting we Africans (Nigeria to be precise) (2)Sowore is a politician an activist it takes a big minded person to stage protest against government because there is a bigger threats of being executed for treason...in summary of this Boy should be brave enough to liaise with activist in this country to fight a course that will liberate Nigeria from political oppression of the government,until he can do this he should learn to respect Sowore.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by walkingshadow911: 1:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
timebomb02:

u see all those condeming sowore for surporting APC in the past are all PDP supporters. if sowere joins PDP today they will all welcome him. NO HOPE for Nigeria cause our youth way of thinking had been genetical mutated and too late to be rejuvinated, hence their confusing comments u r seeing here. we the masses are the major problem of this country now not the government again. mind u, our current bunch of musicians r only selling lyrics and sound not who they really are. not even here

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Dbanj & Girlfriend Bonang At The MTV Africa Red Carpet / Alfred Rotimi Dies After A Brief Illness / Simi Embarrassed As Jimmy Kimmel Mocks Buhari, Nigeria Over Clone Rumors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.