Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest (53885 Views)

Seun Anikulapo Kuti Warns People Over Fela... / Grammy: Burna Boy Shades Davido “E No Choke Again, E Hang” (Video) / I F*cked Yo Baby Mama & Played ‘fortnite’ With Yo Son” – Soulja Boy Shades Tyga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by jacoik(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2020
ThreeEyedRaven:
Epic reply

Anyone shouting revolution is a liar with only personal interest at heart. The structure of this country makes it impossible to salvage, the diversity is not educated enough to coexist nor many ethnic groups ready to coexist. The high impunity and nepotism on the Northern Fulani isn't not what anyone can fix either. The only solution is disintegration. They started with not too young to rule now look at Senator Abbo and Gov Yahya Bello. Embarrassing our youths on a multiple streak. No politician in the Nigerian false contraption is to be trusted

The real cowards are the anti Biafrans. Nigeria will never be good. The system needs an entire dismantling which translates to disintegration then the real revolution would begin when the divided units competes for greatness in the global scene

I'm not Igbo but they seems to be the only people bold enough in this zoo of a country that wants to take control of their future unlike my Yorubas and other coward who prefer suffering and smiling. We must all take our destiny and future in our hands and dissolve this forced contraption. I no trust Sowore either he campaigned vigorously for Buhari in 2015 election now look at him.

Shame on you! The previous and recent DSS recruitment is tribalistic not me .. Buharis appointment is tribalistic not me ...the service chiefs and DG of high majority of the MDAs and other federal parastatals are tribalistic not me ... all the high ranking police and para military and military focusing on the Northern Fulani are tribalistic not me... The RUGA and the Water Resource Bill is tribalistic not me... If you're not benefactor of all these then you're the most stewpid coward. If you're a benefactor, then know the days of your empire is numbered as it will end in premium tears for all you
you said it all bro. but my anger with you is replying that fool that called you tribalistic. though you replied him well because if you keep quiet he will see you as a coward he is. very bunch of never do well that full here and that's why their president call them lazy fools

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ericmor: 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2020
Fact. Good response cus they are all the same and beside, we are the problem of ourselves in this country
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ThreeEyedRaven: 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
jacoik:
you said it all bro. but my anger with you is replying that fool that called you tribalistic. though you replied him well because if you keep quiet he will see you as a coward he is. very bunch of never do well that full here and that's why their president call them lazy fools
Exactly!
Thanks bro
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ednut1(m): 3:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
Yele is a scammer
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by bhella10: 4:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
Well, please allow me to rant; I am not Sowore, but I can only imagine what he feels when he sees comments from Nigerians online. Reading these comments and examining our collective mentality, it becomes clearer and clearer that Nigerians are just complex humans who seem to rather prefer the status-quo of squalor and wailing than finding a solution.

You cannot claim you don't know what 'Revolution Now' is all about, you cannot claim you're unaware that nothing works in Nigeria, that leaders are all rogues, resources squandered, future wasted etc. You say yo were disappointed in my response, were you expecting that I come beg you to be 'angry' with what's going on in Nigeria? If you're happy with the way things have always been, well, it's up to you, I don't need to start preaching or convincing you on anything.

Just recently, billions looted in the guise of pandemic, NDDC officials sharing billons to themselves as personal palliative, senators collecting N20m pandemic hardship allowance each, while hunger kills the real people who need the palliatives. All the noise made during those public hearings and probes have since died away and nobody dares to say anything publicly or stand up to these people for the fear of police bullets. But somehow, the few fellows who chose to dare the bullets and speak up, even if you arent interested in whatever movement they come up with, the least you can do is just 'ignore it', not pull them down.

Well I know what revolution is about but the kind of revolution every Nigerian would have wanted is the Malian revolution if know what I mean.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by obailala(m): 4:38pm On Sep 30, 2020
bhella10:
Well I know what revolution is about but the kind of revolution every Nigerian would have wanted is the Malian revolution if know what I mean.

Whatever happened in Mali only worked because it was backed by the people. How can you want the Malian solution yet anyone who dares to start/lead it, you sit behind your computer and run them down? How exactly do you then want it to happen? You want God himself to come down and lead it?

The bizarre part of all these is, even when you expect the politicians and those in govt to be the ones pulling them down, it's actually the ordinary Nigerians who claim to want a revolution that do the pulling down. Wonderful!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ajl: 5:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
A very cheap and lame response. Does Sowore represent your everyday politicians. Is it not because upright individuals are too scared to join politics that a fearless individual like him decided to get into the ring. Except that Nigerians are lame and docile, and musicians like Burna perfectly reflect this. You are singing revolutionary music but you can't be a revolutionary because it's all for the fame and money. You don't have to protest or get involved physically but don't try to disparage efforts of those who decide to, and put everyone in the same category as your thieving politicians. And who were laughing at Fela when he was alive? Maybe your parents.. You were just a child and knew nothing. People like us knew Fela from childhood and knew he was right all along.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by charlesucheh(m): 6:07pm On Sep 30, 2020
A simple test to Burma's resilience and he failed!

Now you all should tell me, if Sowore doesn't start it, who will?
he is a politician like others, you all rant! yes! how did you all know? has he ever been in any public office?
you see, we the youths of this forum and outside are the most stupid and cowardice group of people ever!
we must start to push from some where or the car will never move. Layè!!!!
Rubbish!!!!

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by chaloskyx: 6:09pm On Sep 30, 2020
burna dont mind them jare revolution requires a collective effort of all Nigerians not just one individual. you morons are looking for a scapegoat to do all the work for you see how we failed sowore when he called us to partake in the march at the end he got arrested and went through hell but non of us supported him. in my own opinion let Nigerian citizens continue to suffer till they are ready for change. till then my fellow senators and politicians should continue chopping life on our head jare

2 Likes

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Temysteve(m): 7:01pm On Sep 30, 2020
khalidx:
Popular musician Burnaboy lost his chill after Omoyele Sowore called him to join the October 1st protest.

Sowore via his Twitter handle tweeted this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/YeleSowore/status/1310926028886421505

Burna boy quickly responded with this:

https://mobile.twitter.com/burnaboy/status/1311009689782702081
burna boy abeg turn down that request oo, make Buhari and co no turn you to WAY TO SMALL.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Temysteve(m): 7:04pm On Sep 30, 2020
Esseite:
Burna boy just showed how daft and brainless he and his crew are... with all the songs and lyrics of chain, politicians, killings, bondage, Government blah blah blah etc, and then you tweet this as response..

A better response could have been "Thank you for the recognition, but the struggles of Africans needs much more than just me"..
Everyone knws that burna lack manner of approach.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by k2money(m): 7:15pm On Sep 30, 2020
delishpot:

Doesn't make him a Fela fan per se. But I see why you think so.
My opinion is assumptions but 80% sure he's a fan. The weed and his way of life is of Fela so what make us think Fela is not his role model?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by DimIsaac10(m): 7:24pm On Sep 30, 2020
Very useless response.. Even FALZ songs in activism is way significant compared to Burna.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by delishpot: 7:25pm On Sep 30, 2020
k2money:

My opinion is assumptions but 80% sure he's a fan. The weed and his way of life is of Fela so what make us think Fela is not his role model?

I feel you.

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Vulcan24(m): 7:37pm On Sep 30, 2020
I am interested in the protest but not in revolution
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ibinaboonline: 8:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
If all Biafra supporters spoke like you, I just might join the cause.
ThreeEyedRaven:
Epic reply

Anyone shouting revolution is a liar with only personal interest at heart. The structure of this country makes it impossible to salvage, the diversity is not educated enough to coexist nor many ethnic groups ready to coexist. The high impunity and nepotism on the Northern Fulani isn't not what anyone can fix either. The only solution is disintegration. They started with not too young to rule now look at Senator Abbo and Gov Yahya Bello. Embarrassing our youths on a multiple streak. No politician in the Nigerian false contraption is to be trusted

The real cowards are the anti Biafrans. Nigeria will never be good. The system needs an entire dismantling which translates to disintegration then the real revolution would begin when the divided units competes for greatness in the global scene

I'm not Igbo but they seems to be the only people bold enough in this zoo of a country that wants to take control of their future unlike my Yorubas and other coward who prefer suffering and smiling. We must all take our destiny and future in our hands and dissolve this forced contraption. I no trust Sowore either he campaigned vigorously for Buhari in 2015 election now look at him.

Shame on you! The previous and recent DSS recruitment is tribalistic not me .. Buharis appointment is tribalistic not me ...the service chiefs and DG of high majority of the MDAs and other federal parastatals are tribalistic not me ... all the high ranking police and para military and military focusing on the Northern Fulani are tribalistic not me... The RUGA and the Water Resource Bill is tribalistic not me... If you're not benefactor of all these then you're the most stewpid coward. If you're a benefactor, then know the days of your empire is numbered as it will end in premium tears for all you
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ThreeEyedRaven: 8:22pm On Sep 30, 2020
ibinaboonline:
If all Biafra supporters spoke like you, I just might join the cause.
I'm from Edo state and not Biafra but I see deeper without bias. We all have a common enemy and untill the Yorubas and other southern and middlebeltans realises this, nothing would change

1 Like

Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Nobody: 8:39pm On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
Well, please allow me to rant; I am not Sowore, but I can only imagine what he feels when he sees comments from Nigerians online. Reading these comments and examining our collective mentality, it becomes clearer and clearer that Nigerians are just complex humans who seem to rather prefer the status-quo of squalor and wailing than finding a solution.

You cannot claim you don't know what 'Revolution Now' is all about, you cannot claim you're unaware that nothing works in Nigeria, that leaders are all rogues, resources squandered, future wasted etc. You say yo were disappointed in my response, were you expecting that I come beg you to be 'angry' with what's going on in Nigeria? If you're happy with the way things have always been, well, it's up to you, I don't need to start preaching or convincing you on anything.

Just recently, billions looted in the guise of pandemic, NDDC officials sharing billons to themselves as personal palliative, senators collecting N20m pandemic hardship allowance each, while hunger kills the real people who need the palliatives. All the noise made during those public hearings and probes have since died away and nobody dares to say anything publicly or stand up to these people for the fear of police bullets. But somehow, the few fellows who chose to dare the bullets and speak up, even if you arent interested in whatever movement they come up with, the least you can do is just 'ignore it', not pull them down.

Behold it is written that, For unto us the Arch angel Micheal will come down with his heavenly host and chase all our rogue politicians out of their offices. And the Nigerian government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be
called Wonderful, Counseller, The everlasting
Father, The Prince of Peace. This prophecy wud be fulfilled in the year of the lord 3500.

but before then, if we all wake up from our slumber. we wont even wait for anybody to stage any revolutionary protest for us.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ideylaff: 9:19pm On Sep 30, 2020
obailala:
My sincere apologies for my poor choice of words. I just get emotional when I see the way things are in the country and how ordinary Nigerians and even youths are the ones condemning, pulling down and crucifying the only few people who dare to speak up or stand up to the useless leaders.

You say Sowore became popular only in GEJ's era? well that's just for you who. Back in the days before he even set up saharareporters, Sowore was even a thorn in OBJ's flesh especially during the third term agenda. A lot of people wouldn't have known this cos the internet and social media wasn't rampant then unlike today.

REgarding Yaradua's sickness saga, Oh yes! Sowore played a good role, he was the first person who alerted Nigerians that Yaradua was in a comatose state in Saudi Arabia, he was the first to alert Nigerians when Yaradua was sneaked into the country on a stretcher, he was the first to alert Nigerians on the sleaze being perpetrated by the Yaradua kitchen cabinet during the sickness days. It was the back to back tormenting reportage of bodies like SR that unsettled the cabal and forced them to step aside, making the senate then to enact the 'doctrine of necessity' which made GEJ the Ag. President at the time (this was several months before Yaradua's 'official' death). If not for the leakages from SR, the statusquo would have remained for a really long time; i.e. GEJ relegated to one corner while the cabal squandered Nigeria.

Like I said before, i have a right to support or criticise any candidate I choose, in the way I choose. I support a person today isn't a reason I shouldn't criticise or dump them the moment they misbehave; that is my prerogative. If you like, keep wailing till year 2099 over the election loss of GEJ in 2015; for the record, GEJ was a useless president, and even with what I know now about the uselessness of PMB, if the world goes back in time, I wouldn't still support GEJ or PDP in that election, I'd rather be neutral!

well said
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by UKBobo(m): 9:23pm On Sep 30, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Burna Boy also became a Fela fan AFTER he died. #Hypocrite

The guy don chop all Fela's musical format and everything. It's like comparing Brazil of Mexico 70's to the Brazil that got whacked up 7-1.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ajl: 9:35pm On Sep 30, 2020
ednut1:
Yele is a scammer

Did he scam your father? Nonetity! If he was one, won't his enemies have got him jailed by now.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ednut1(m): 9:44pm On Sep 30, 2020
ajl:

Did he scam your father? Nonetity! If he was one, won't his enemies have got him jailed by now.
i repeat he is a scammer. He made people donate 150m to his campaign. Left his wife and kids in usa as he knew he had no chance of winning. Na the money he dey after
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by naijadrivablog: 9:45pm On Sep 30, 2020
backnbeta:
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided
Clap for you. Make sense
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by mentored: 11:00pm On Sep 30, 2020
EastGold:
Burna Boy is a coward abeg

Nigeria is not worth dying for

Read that again
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ddeola: 2:40am On Oct 01, 2020
NEVER YOU TRUST Naija "polithievians" . Smart boy. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Proffdada: 10:38am On Oct 01, 2020
Ayebagbalinyo365:

you that is a man where are you?
Higher than you cheesy
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Ayebagbalinyo365: 1:32pm On Oct 01, 2020
Proffdada:
Higher than you cheesy
compare yourself to Burna Boy that you are insulting. who know you? how many impacts have you made with your talent?
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by willyjacs(m): 11:27pm On Oct 01, 2020
Esseite:

I was not attacking burna boy, his response just called every of his follower fools in the sense that he preaches what he is not willing to practice, which is quite understandable due to the Nigerian nature, but there are ways to remain neutral alongside leaving room for future oppurtunities with a larger united demand.

If we dont trust anyone, how then can we try solutions?
trust me and vote for me.....lets begin with me
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by ideylaff: 6:54pm On Oct 02, 2020
ajl:
A very cheap and lame response. Does Sowore represent your everyday politicians. Is it not because upright individuals are too scared to join politics that a fearless individual like him decided to get into the ring. Except that Nigerians are lame and docile, and musicians like Burna perfectly reflect this. You are singing revolutionary music but you can't be a revolutionary because it's all for the fame and money. You don't have to protest or get involved physically but don't try to disparage efforts of those who decide to, and put everyone in the same category as your thieving politicians. And who were laughing at Fela when he was alive? Maybe your parents.. You were just a child and knew nothing. People like us knew Fela from childhood and knew he was right all along.

Thank you... well said
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Akachai2030(m): 12:27am On Oct 04, 2020
Hoodgod:
the idea of a better Nigeria will never be possible under this administration,buhari has shut every lips,fear to speak,no freedom of expressing peaceful protest,you will be arrested and persecuted by the angry lawless society we live in.ask sowore he can testify about what he saw in the hands of the DSS,u think any celeb is willing to give up his/her career for the sake of this death country,corrupt system..urrrrgh
I understand you, but do understand what will happen if the likes of wole Soyinka, chimamanda,banky,Oby E,a whole lot of top names recognized in Africa and beyond. What do you think will happen will he come to arrest them. If sowore can seek the hands of these top personality and we youths are ready. Our news go fly. All we need is top names forget these celebs.
Re: Burna Boy Shades Sowore Over Fela, Revolution Now Protest by Litmus: 10:29am On Oct 12, 2020
backnbeta:
Rrotests will never ever work in this country and our leaders know that, hence their continued disrespect for us. If a Yoruba man leads a protest in Nigeria, Igbos will slander him, those who don't share his religious sentiment will slander him. If an Igbo man leads a protest, Yorubas and Ijaws will slander him... until we realise we are fighting a common enemy and fight in agreement, we can't achieve much in terms of protests undecided

Backnbeta, see, my words below came true.

Litmus
Protest can happen in Nigeria. Nigerians can be persuaded across ethnic and even religious affiliations to protest for a cause that benefits the nation. It needs someone or a broad coalition of individuals dedicated enough to organise it. Sowore could have done it but he appears to be calling for a revolution that begins with a protest. He is wrong and Nigerians are smart to reject it.
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Flavour Pictured With A Beauty Queen In Ghana / D'banj Finally Speaks On The Death Of His Son, Daniel D'Third / Kcee Blasts Hushpuppi, To Petition EFCC : "You Have No Known Source Of Income”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.