Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,733 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience - Crime (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience (53502 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by sinkhole: 4:42pm On Oct 04, 2020
luminouz:

Are you fuqin serious?

Did she snap his PIC with her teeth ni or you didn't read her story? undecided

She meant his picture was indelibly etched in her memory...not her phone memory card na
I was laughing when the guy asked for the picture to be sent to him grin embarassed
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by treziMcCarthy: 5:38pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ebuka78:
One of the Sundays in 2018, after 10am mass, I was on my way home. I trekked to the bus stop where I normally enter motor to my bus stop.

I went inside this bus, seated and awaiting other passengers to fill in the remaining seats. After the bus was filled, we started our journey, along the way, the driver pleaded to us that he wants to have his tank filled at the gas station. We approach the gas station little did we know that it was under attack by armed robbers. Just two in number: The one welding a locally made pump action, and his accomplice, a bike man.

They extorted the fuel attendants of the hard earned money she made since morning and her co-wokers, but before then, our bus stopped and was waiting for a fuel attendant to come and attend to us, but little did we know they were being robbed at that moment.

When we saw the gun and money flipping right and left in the air we knew they were armed robbers. Our driver started his bus and made away from the scene.

Before the driver started, a man seated at the back of the bus said we should wait, every passengers including me shouted, oga don't listen to him!!!!

We drove out of the gas station, after moving 5 meters away, the man who wanted to alight down, then alighted, crossed over to the other side and was making a phone call.

When he was inside the bus, he said he can catch the robbers, that he is a vigilante.

That was how we escaped the robbers, only God knows what might have happened if they pounded on us.

Another one was in school( as a student)

The fierce looking gang numbering up to 15 besieged my hostel. Every rooms were robbed from 1 to 30.

How did they make entrance into my room?

Through my kitchen window. They gave my window protector a high kick plus continuous knocking of hammer on the protector points that had been cemented.

Immediately they entered( two in numbers for just my room), they ransacked my room, stole my phone, money and my new bag I bought. After continuous hitting of my head, I exclaimed, oga abeg, I no get anything again!, that money na my last bar, abeg make una have mercy on me. That was how they left me.

But before they left, one of them opened my freezer, he stole my power horse drink, bottle of groundnut and a full chicken laps I bought the previous night. Men, I was so down and angry.... afterwards, in they went to the next room. After for like 3 minute, a very tall hefty man ( 6.9 ft) stepped into my room with his Ak-47 asking me if my room had been robbed.

I told him, yes sir, my money, phone, and some things in my freezer, and I don't even know how I am going to eat tomorrow.

Omo, this man started hitting my ceiling with the mouth of his Ak-47, for my mind I know I am dead, for this tall guy looked mean.

After everything, he hissed and left. Before he made away, he went to my reading table and dropped something.

After successful operation by the robbers, every occupants of the hostel came out and were weeping of their properties stolen and carted away by the robbers. Some were school fees money, yahoo money maga paid, dollars, iphons, IT money, drinks, food stuffs, and the damages done in their rooms.

After everything, we all locked our gates, went in and had a sleepless night.
In the morning I was awoken by voices in my hostel, guys had called their fellow men to come and see ooo, girls called their BFS to come and see ooo... I started to my feet, brushed my teeth, drank water, and made my way out. After everything, the hostel was calm. I called my family people in a call centre, I told them to send me money, but my sim had been stolen.

I went back to my hostel, picked an assignment to solve, only for me to see #500 naira...

I immediately rushed down to my favourite joint, ate better food first.

After an hour, I went to one of my departmental person home( a female). I told her everything, she quickly gave me 1k to do welcome back, and I ate afternoon and night food at her place. I even passed the night in her hostel that day.

Rushed down to the bank, withdrew some money and got another better phone.

That night was horrible. They were calling one another "Mopol"

That next day, vigilante came and was consoling us. One of the vigilante said they were a combination of different fraternities( aro, aye, eiye, kk, double double...) Which is why they called themselves Mopol.

I pray you all reading wouldn't experience this.

My brother.... Are u a unizik student... This is just the same thing in unizik
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by anthonyuncle(m): 5:39pm On Oct 04, 2020
Prechgold1180:
I think 2015 back then in auchi
I was a final year student then
A day after my last paper , I had to leave my lodge because of my roommates unto cult issues because they belong to one cult like dat ND I v heated stories of what normally happen to cult people after last paper

So I went to stay with my friend. We were good o
Along d line something happen we had a lil misunderstanding so I go angry and prepared to leave auchi for Benin the next day

Next day early morning around 6 I got out
Went to federal road flagged down a bus after price discussed ND everything' I entered the bus
On our way the bus stopped at sch hostel gate to pick passenger who happen to be market women who were heading to ekpoma market
De driver and d woman dragged price 100 naira difference
D driver said 500 d woman wer saying 400 so man left (drivers ND shakara) thinking the women ll beg him ,
He later reversed back and ask the women numbering I think 6 to enter
The women started their own shakara
Before we know what was happening
Armed robber from know where' came out released two shots
Asin cars where still moving o d robbers no fear

Upon sighting d robbers the driver opened front door crossed the road and jumped into one bush

Me I was just inside the bus I had just 1k
500 naira note 2 and 1 50naira
And one useless phone

D robbers took money and other valuables from d women
One among the women threw one purse inside the bus close to where I was sitting I saw d purse so I helped her to hide it properly
After robbing the 6 women
The robber came to me gave me one presidential slap for no just reason

Asked me for all my money
I gave him 500 and 50 naira
The man asked if I know how to drive I said no

He just switched off the car and ran into the bush releasing shots

Five minutes after the robbery
Driver came out from bush
The market were busy crying outside one said the driver took her 150k d other said 130k do on
I brought out the purse gave it to the woman dat threw it I received thank you

4 of the market women had to go back home

When we got to Benin d driver asked me to pay him
And I replied with shebi u Nur see where them for Rob me oga money Nur dey

D man was quiet so I gained 500

But out of everything
I think it was police people dat Robb us
Ask y if u wish to know my reasons

y
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Princessbettyj(f): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2020
soundlala2:
i know ray sounds better

grin grin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Bbnboymay1: 7:37pm On Oct 04, 2020
I have had several encounters, but this very one in 04 was my first.
I was pretty young then, in primary school then when my mom came to pick us up from school and she needed to drop some information at her colleagues house. We all came down, knocked at her gate and her dogs barked as usual. I was genuinely afraid of her dogs cos they were the extremely aggressive ones, so I thought. After several minutes of knocking, someone attended to us with the dog by the side and I was scared but almost immediately some guys encouraged me to go inside. I thought they were nice uncles, only for me to see a 9mm pistol and hear voice, if una no cooperate this afternoon, blood go flow for here. The stupid dogs were nowhere to be found this period.
One stood by the door entrance collecting phones and valuables as we were entering her house.
Told all of us to lie flat. Dragged my mom's chain out of her neck, took her watch asked for her car keys. They asked the woman and for money she was a bit stubborn and they used the gun to beat the living day light out of her before eventually they took her money, hollandaise and jewelry. After they were done, she couldn't walk properly. We went out and some bricklayers that were working on a much taller building came over and told us they were trailing us with a bike but unknowingly we didn't know. The funny thing to me is those dogs, they always were wild at visitors but even after the armed robbery we did not sight them.

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Tboyfrosh123(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2020
luminouz:

Are you fuqin serious?

Did she snap his PIC with her teeth ni or you didn't read her story? undecided

She meant his picture was indelibly etched in her memory...not her phone memory card na
OK ooo I didn't know before oo
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Pipefitter: 9:12pm On Oct 04, 2020
Bbnboymay1:
I was pretty young then, in primary school then when my mom came to pick us up from school and she needed to drop some information at her colleagues house. We all came down, knocked at her gate and her dogs barked as usual. I was genuinely afraid of her dogs cos they were the extremely aggressive ones, so I thought. After several minutes of knocking, someone attended to us with the dog by the side and I was scared but almost immediately some guys encouraged me to go inside. I thought they were nice uncles, only for me to see a 9mm pistol and hear voice, if una no cooperate this afternoon, blood go flow for here. The stupid dogs were nowhere to be found this period.
One stood by the door entrance collecting phones and valuables as we were entering her house.
Told all of us to lie flat. Dragged my mom's chain out of her neck, took her watch asked for her car keys. They asked the woman and for money she was a bit stubborn and they used the gun to beat the living day light out of her before eventually they took her money, hollandaise and jewelry. After they were done, she couldn't walk properly. We went out and some bricklayers that were working on a much taller building came over and told us they were trailing us with a bike but unknowingly we didn't know. The funny thing to me is those dogs, they always were wild at visitors but even after the armed robbery we did not sight them.

No living thing want to die
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Tonyspecial(m): 9:49pm On Oct 04, 2020
sinkhole:
I was laughing when the guy asked for the picture to be sent to him grin embarassed
Me too grin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Davigle(m): 9:52pm On Oct 04, 2020
utaraji:

Please are you still in Maiduguri? How safe is the town for a total stranger? I have to come get some documents there in person from Abj. I was wondering how safe the town is now.

Secondly where is the best to lodge for a night?
Good evening, I'm not in Maiduguri now. I am in Kaduna for my SIWE training. Yes Maiduguri is safe like every other city and there are a lot of military checkups all over the city. It is the local government areas and the villages at the outskirts of the city that is unsafe. There are no attacks on the city only occasionally during festive periods and they are being thwarted by the army other than that life is normal here. As for the best hotels in town I would recommend Dujima hotel, pinnacle hotel or satus hotel. All within the city but quite expensive as the price ranges from 14 to 20k for a night.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Davigle(m): 10:06pm On Oct 04, 2020
Ikennamurphy:

Well thank God for you.. But aside you're from Borno state I don't see why you should be schooling in Maiduguri.. Even if you're from there.. Is looking like a child's play bc u were not amongst those three students hit by a stray bullet
I'm not from borno state but I was born and brought up there. The education here is affordable and there are students from other states including lagos and abuja. Also the security is strict within the campus and at all the entrances. I'm from the southwest and I didn't write this to make fun of them (as I believe in karma) but to share one of my experience here.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Nobody: 11:48pm On Oct 04, 2020
Davigle:

Good evening, I'm not in Maiduguri now. I am in Kaduna for my SIWE training. Yes Maiduguri is safe like every other city and there are a lot of military checkups all over the city. It is the local government areas and the villages at the outskirts of the city that is unsafe. There are no attacks on the city only occasionally during festive periods and they are being thwarted by the army other than that life is normal here. As for the best hotels in town I would recommend Dujima hotel, pinnacle hotel or satus hotel. All within the city but quite expensive as the price ranges from 14 to 20k for a night.

Thanks for response and good luck with your SIWE

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by AfroMighty(m): 12:48am On Oct 05, 2020
Burna440:

Bosso campus
Stop saying u have never heard, there is no week a thief is not caught in bosso, just that when u take them to station, the Emir will call DPO and says it’s one of our son release him, it has happened several times.

And I live in Angwan Biri, near FEMA School...opposite Mypa

All the experience I had was in minna...

(2016)my second day ever in minna, If you're coming from kpakungu going towards Gtbank there is a road by the left in front of one other bank towards the cementary...
Right in front of the cementary thats where we were robbed, I and a friend. We told our bikeman he'll take us to and fro to gtbank so we can withdraw, the guy said no problem, unknown to us he as called his friends so they can gang up to rob us, instead of him to take us straight back towards kpakungu, the bikeman brach at that junction, Oga watin dey happen?, he was like he's following shortcut, before I say whatsup, he packed in front of the cementary and that same moment another bike park behind us, with two guys...for once in my life have never seen the length of a dagger like that...in short they collected my ATM card, all the money I withdrew, my friends phone and his money...

The second one was in that same Minna GK...Adama Lodge one bloody night like this...I was living in room37 then (the room is at the far back and my roommates aren't around that day it was weekend they do go to town...I do go to my uncle's house at gurara as well but only God knows why I didn't go that day). Around 11pm I heard Sam calling the guy next door that 'thief's are around' I was shaking right there in my room that night...These robbers went away with a lot of things, laptops, money, phones, food and even a ladybike...
That was how I scale fence (the scar from the cut the barb wire gave me is still here on my leg) run go ASG lodge... Before guys will rally up from Endwell, Bricklodge and neighbouring lodges, they've dissappered...

Robbery is one hell of a crazy event.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by hstar: 2:31am On Oct 05, 2020
Terrible
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:15am On Oct 05, 2020
Prechgold1180:
I think 2015 back then in auchi
I was a final year student then
A day after my last paper , I had to leave my lodge because of my roommates unto cult issues because they belong to one cult like dat ND I v heated stories of what normally happen to cult people after last paper

So I went to stay with my friend. We were good o
Along d line something happen we had a lil misunderstanding so I go angry and prepared to leave auchi for Benin the next day

Next day early morning around 6 I got out
Went to federal road flagged down a bus after price discussed ND everything' I entered the bus
On our way the bus stopped at sch hostel gate to pick passenger who happen to be market women who were heading to ekpoma market
De driver and d woman dragged price 100 naira difference
D driver said 500 d woman wer saying 400 so man left (drivers ND shakara) thinking the women ll beg him ,
He later reversed back and ask the women numbering I think 6 to enter
The women started their own shakara
Before we know what was happening
Armed robber from know where' came out released two shots
Asin cars where still moving o d robbers no fear

Upon sighting d robbers the driver opened front door crossed the road and jumped into one bush

Me I was just inside the bus I had just 1k
500 naira note 2 and 1 50naira
And one useless phone

D robbers took money and other valuables from d women
One among the women threw one purse inside the bus close to where I was sitting I saw d purse so I helped her to hide it properly
After robbing the 6 women
The robber came to me gave me one presidential slap for no just reason

Asked me for all my money
I gave him 500 and 50 naira
The man asked if I know how to drive I said no

He just switched off the car and ran into the bush releasing shots

Five minutes after the robbery
Driver came out from bush
The market were busy crying outside one said the driver took her 150k d other said 130k do on
I brought out the purse gave it to the woman dat threw it I received thank you

4 of the market women had to go back home

When we got to Benin d driver asked me to pay him
And I replied with shebi u Nur see where them for Rob me oga money Nur dey

D man was quiet so I gained 500

But out of everything
I think it was police people dat Robb us
Ask y if u wish to know my reasons

What's your reasons for saying it was the police?
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 4:19am On Oct 05, 2020
GreaterFuture1:

I need that Odeshi tóo, Pls help me, connect me to where to get a Strong one

Do not. E no always work.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:14am On Oct 05, 2020
Instrumentalng:
Lol when I working in a betting shop 2013
Omo this guy came played game from 11am to 9pm lost over 100k
As everybody de pity am padi bring out stainless collected all his money back and too our laptop and customers phones
Who goes there -port Harcourt

Bro. I can't laugh enough I swear grin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:16am On Oct 05, 2020
Zaggadhat:
Mine was back then in uni, it was a rosy day so everyone was up on Hennessy with loud music, eventually the henny took its toll and we were asleep. Suddenly I noticed the ceiling was falling, I was unbothered because I thought it was a dream owing to the fact that I do have vivid dreams where I control the outcome of events.

Quick recap, I was with 3 guys that always talked about how they beat people and all and how when a policeman who sought to extort them was given many heavenly resounding slaps and nothing happened. That aside, as a confirm Generals son in the Nigerian army, seeing guns were like watching Ozo chase Nengi everyday and twice on Friday.

When I realized it was not a vivid dream I Rush to the kitchen with my guys grabbed two knives and was ready to attack. My guys held me and I noticed one already peed in his pants. These were the same guys that claimed to have slapped a policeman and nothing happened o.

Summary of the story were robbed and nothing happened

Morals of the story, don't believe people when you're attacked by armed robbers and if you make an attempt to confront them fight to the death like Spartacus or crixus.l
Lol. This is so funny especially the dream part
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:28am On Oct 05, 2020
Didi2d:
Last year, one early morning I and some colleagues was at the bus stop waiting to catch the staff buss to my work place, I noticed two young men approaching but I thought they were going their own way.
But to my surprise I head HOW FAR! Just as I raised my head up I saw one pointing gun at us asking us to submit our valuables.
Before they got to me I already brought out my phone and calling them bros come take.
Very funny and scary morning

Better to be alive and safe and sound than to be killed just anyhow like that. Life too sweet to just end anyhow like that

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:32am On Oct 05, 2020
teejnation:
Laugh won kill me for here cheesy grin grin grin grin Baba landlord inside ceiling and Oga wey drop from heaven
Em wann look at live porn grin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:49am On Oct 05, 2020
Blackmann001:
..mine was around 2010..alone the mile2 badagry expressway near barracks bustop if you guys know there..always hold up...

But this was around 8pm was coming back to mile two from okoko..was in a coaster bus almost full of persengers.....thieve number about 6 with strong mind ooo are operating on the expressway....on stopped our bus first.and was directing our driver to park well so dey can Robb the entire bus..as the driver was parking well and the rest of the thieves were facing the next vehicles behind us....our driver sped off..half hitting the gun weiding thief and almost crushing him against the stone wall road divider concrete....

We were both scared of him shooting at us and joyous we escaped them.....but almost immediately ,say like 4min..our rickety coaster vehicle came to a halt..as the engines dies down...sitting on the last row I could hear the thief shout. " una own don done"....he was walking fast pace towards our bus....the conductor had already ran away along with persengers closest to the door.. .a lot of ppl women were already crying..the driver kept continually trying to re-start the dead engine....

Me I just brought out my wallet. ..and got ready for the worst..

So what happened to the driver next?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2020
adedehinbo:
Most of all the worst robbery and terrorism are from one particular region,may God liberate us from them

I also noticed to bro.

Why are most robberies only from port Harcourt for goodness sake?
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Burna440(m): 9:54am On Oct 05, 2020
AfroMighty:

All the experience I had was in minna...

(2016)my second day ever in minna, If you're coming from kpakungu going towards Gtbank there is a road by the left in front of one other bank towards the cementary...
Right in front of the cementary thats where we were robbed, I and a friend. We told our bikeman he'll take us to and fro to gtbank so we can withdraw, the guy said no problem, unknown to us he as called his friends so they can gang up to rob us, instead of him to take us straight back towards kpakungu, the bikeman brach at that junction, Oga watin dey happen?, he was like he's following shortcut, before I say whatsup, he packed in front of the cementary and that same moment another bike park behind us, with two guys...for once in my life have never seen the length of a dagger like that...in short they collected my ATM card, all the money I withdrew, my friends phone and his money...

The second one was in that same Minna GK...Adama Lodge one bloody night like this...I was living in room37 then (the room is at the far back and my roommates aren't around that day it was weekend they do go to town...I do go to my uncle's house at gurara as well but only God knows why I didn't go that day). Around 11pm I heard Sam calling the guy next door that 'thief's are around' I was shaking right there in my room that night...These robbers went away with a lot of things, laptops, money, phones, food and even a ladybike...
That was how I scale fence (the scar from the cut the barb wire gave me is still here on my leg) run go ASG lodge... Before guys will rally up from Endwell, Bricklodge and neighbouring lodges, they've dissappered...

Robbery is one hell of a crazy event.

Terrible experience
The most annoying thing about Minna is that if u start chasing the thieves, those local will help to shield the person or help him escape, I don’t know if u have heard of Queen’s lodge in bosso bfr, there were being robbed one night and my coursemate called me on phone so I rallied guys around and laid ambush fr them, when the chase began one of them ran into a compound and the owner of the compound refused to bring the guy out, I called the DPO’s phone number and she told me no Fuel in the van that the officers will walk there, from about 2A.m till 5a.m bfr the police men showed up, on searching the house, the guy was not found but saw the mud on the guys leg leading into the compound as evidence, we would have lynched the man that morning if not for the police men who arrested the man and freed him bfr we could even get to the station to write our own statement. I have been robbed inside Bosso campus bfr, that ECO Bank ATM beside Man o’war command, the guys robbed me and ran through that drainage

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 10:05am On Oct 05, 2020
Oyerinde16:
Though late, let me share, had a few but this one sweet me... I stayed along Lagos street in port Harcourt around 09... It was a slum, shortly after amnesty, I had foreign 9mm glock bought from a cultist.

You needed it those days, around 9pm sometimes in 2012, I was returning from a friends house, when this guys accosted me by my car side, (drivers seat) 4 of them, 1 holding a pistol, 1 a dagger, 1 a cutlass... They collected my phones(2) and my wallet containing 15k, as they turned to leave, under my car seat, I brought out my glock, unknown to the last one, I said hey, give me my phone and wallet, he turned and quickly dropped his cutlass with 2hands up, the one with the gun way way ahead, when he turned back, he collected 1 but escaped, I had 2 on lockdown 2 had bolted... I collected my phone and wallet back, this time they were face down... I took the machete, gave them more that 6 each on their body, they were blooded, I entered my car and drove off, the next day my friend narrated what happened to me, he said according to people, those guys tried to rob a man in a corolla, the man brought out a glock and dealt with them, left them and went his way, people came out and set the two ablaze... I asked him, what type of car I used, and what time did I leave his place yesterday... This happened not too far from NYSC sec, back in o9...
Bros, nice disney tales undecided
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 10:10am On Oct 05, 2020
Bbnboymay1:

Even the dogs sef no wann kpai
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Galaticos444: 10:42am On Oct 05, 2020
N3cR0mAZc3R:

I also noticed to bro.

cos portharcourt has d highest number of cultist in Nigeria
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 10:44am On Oct 05, 2020
Galaticos444:
cos portharcourt has d highest number of cultist in Nigeria
Really?

I sincerely didn't know about this bro but thanks for the info. God curse those who invented this cult thing in the first place. So I pray.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Kingsean(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
N3cR0mAZc3R:

Really?

I sincerely didn't know about this bro but thanks for the info. God curse those who invented this cult thing in the first place. So I pray.

If u wanna live long in peace, don't step foot in portharcourt. That place is hellfire. The youths there are cultists and the traditional leaders are using those youths to perpertrate crime. In my university back in 2017, 90% of ph indigenes had received either a suspension or expulsion. It's that bad. Most of them were either involved in stealing or cultism. Anytime a lady tells me she's from portharcourt sef, i become apprehensive. My eyes don see many things. I'm from south south but i dislike portharcourt

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by N3cR0mAZc3R(m): 1:32pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kingsean:

If u wanna live long in peace, don't step foot in portharcourt. That place is hellfire. The youths there are cultists and the traditional leaders are using those youths to perpertrate crime. In my university back in 2017, 90% of ph indigenes had received either a suspension or expulsion. It's that bad. Most of them were either involved in stealing or cultism. Anytime a lady tells me she's from portharcourt sef, i become apprehensive. My eyes don see many things. I'm from south south but i dislike portharcourt
Yeah I hear u brother.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Gamesmart: 2:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
GeeConn:
Mine was in 2014. In our student's lodge in school. I put on my generator around 8pm, planning to work till day break. My room was so much filled with phones of my lodge mates that I had to provide another extension sockets outside my room for others to also charge without coming into my room to disturb me. I was busy working with two laptops on my table.

At 2am a sudden heavy sleep came on me, but I shrugged it off and brought out my kola and started chewing it. Seconds later, someone passed my door, flashed a torchlight at me and proceeded to charge his phone(so I thought) on the outdoor extension. I became a little unsettled after he passed my door and I couldn't see his head above my window. Again he was unusually silent, He didn't call out any greeting as was usual of our noisy members. so I decided to check him out. I saw huge guy with dagger in his armpit picking up people's phones (I thought he was charging phones). He resembled one of our members. He wasn't aware of my presence, so I said, O boy why are you with dagger this night, is there trouble anywhere? He jumped away with so much shocked and faced me, then I looked at his face and discovered that this stranger was a thief from Hell knows where. We faced each other, like 2 yards apart and speechless for some seconds. He was smelling of alcohol and cigarette and bare chested too with only a jeans short. As I was thinking how best to quickly fight this thief without getting wounded, before our members will wake up to join me, then he started shouting at me.

He said, Are you crazy? Aren't you afraid looking at me? Do you want to fight me? As he was saying so, he brought out the dagger from his armpit. I became afraid and stepped back into my room and locked the door. I looked from the window and saw him packing the remaining phones. So I shouted Thief Thief, but everyone were fast asleep. Then I became more afraid, that he will come after me when he is done with outside and my door is a light wooden one too which he can easily kick open. I was so angry and afraid at the same time. I took my chair, broke the ceiling and jumped into it. The loud sound from the ceiling woke up our lodge security man up and so many people too. Within seconds, the whole lodge members of about 20 people gathered at my room, but the guy was gone, soon we heard the sound of a motorbike, start up. before we could rush outside the gate they had zoomed off. We have always heard of how hostels were robbed while everyone were asleep but we haven't seen such a thing in our's before. As we were one of the most secured hostels, and we had a security man too. people whose phones were picked were crying.

We later learnt, that these robbers use charm prepared in the Cemetery or burial ground. They take a broom stick or two and dip it into the tomb of a dead person. They will leave it there for a whole day or two before they take it away. When they dip that same broom stick in front of any gate they want to rob its occupants, everyone in that house will fall asleep instantly, just like the dead in the cemetery till they are through and remove it.

This is the one I am reading so far that I am thinking "What kind of idiots are these people?".

People leave their phones charging outside and went to sleep (IN NIGERIA) and they are crying it was stolen.

The writer himself approached a person on his own in the dark, even though the person is one he has seen with a dagger under his armpit and acting stealthily.

Whatever university these people were students of I would advice no one ever send their children there except the child has down syndrome.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by adedehinbo(m): 2:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
N3cR0mAZc3R:

I also noticed to bro.

port Harcourt? I Dont know,I have never been there but i just know the high rate of terrorism and robbery is also some around the largest part of the country
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
my own was in the school then like 2005...I was at fut minna then..I was hopeless coming from the back side of the main campus towards the bosso gate on getting to the popular pavement before the basket ball Court... two guys blocked me with oka.he tucked it on his trousers so he come flash me say make I stop and that time na Motorola blue face I dey use..I was very hungry and angry..was thinking on how to sell the phone, as they come flash the bull...I didn't know what happened.. I just told them that I am even looking for who to kill me self..as I made that statement, I continued going without fear or favour..I was really serious about my comment..they noticed and left me..na those bosso boys...was like past 6 that fateful day..when I got home..I began thinking how stupid I was if I was to jam a won ogbontarigi..

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Six Prostitutes Arrested In Abuja As Woman Turns Them To Sex Slaves (photo) / Policemen On Rescue Mission Run For Their Lives On Seeing Gunmen Along Benin-Ore / Lady Kills The Only Son Of A Woman Who Exposed Her For Stealing In Imo (Graphic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.