Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,878 members, 7,821,055 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 AM

Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience - Crime (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience (53547 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Nobody: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Davigle:
Good evening everyone, I have never experience robbery in my life and I pray never to see one. But I want to share one of my experience of boko attack on my school last year. We were preparing for second semester exams and one evening my friend invited me for a program at his church within campus. As the program was about to end I notice some commotion at the church gate so I was observant. After the service as soon as I went out I heard heavy gunshot (AA) though I wasn't afraid as it isn't the first time I've heard shots like this so I began walking back to my hostel. Students were running helter seketas eh scatter kikiki. So I ask what's going on and I heard that stray bullet hit three students during a fellowship and were rushed to the teaching hospital. Even though I was scared and nervous I remained calm till I got to the hostel and then I changed and pick up my bag and headed for class to study. My dad called me asking about my whereabouts and that of my younger brother. I told him everything was fine that he shouldn't worry and I even lied that we were in the hostel. Obviously rumors was heard in town that boko boys were attack Unimaid. So I stopped by at my friend's shop and waited for him while he was attending to some customers all through there was still heavy shots going on and a military helicopter was patrolling overhead. So while we were chating as if nothing was going on the helicopter opened fire and it was as if it opened fire right at the back of the shop. We just heard screams of RPG and every body in the shop ran out leaving just me and my friend. We managed to close the shop and ran back to the hostel. That night a lot of students ran out of school and slept in town. Funny enough our VC was trying to run away with his family but the soldiers at the school gate stopped him from leaving. That same night as the event was going on governor zulum came in to school to calm down students while the army where handling the situation. We later found out that boko boys attack an idp camp in dalori area very close to school and even tried to reach school before they were stopped. They next day life was back to normal, students flexing up n down as if nothing happened and even making jokes with the event but I thank God for His intervention. And I must say that aside for the politics going on in the army, these guys are really trying putting their lives at risk on a daily basis.

Please are you still in Maiduguri? How safe is the town for a total stranger? I have to come get some documents there in person from Abj. I was wondering how safe the town is now.

Secondly where is the best to lodge for a night?

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by ModestGal(f): 4:48am On Oct 04, 2020
sammuell:

See just forget about those people
I won't forget about them, because its from our money they get paid
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Cutezt(m): 5:33am On Oct 04, 2020
Dreyton36:

Thank God for your life, you have a good girl as well

Yes! She's such a blessing, thanks sir. smiley smiley

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by chatinent: 6:42am On Oct 04, 2020
nsiba:
Plz go for deliverance

How can I be delivered by people who need deliverance too?

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by NarnieAceTech: 7:07am On Oct 04, 2020
I sorta experienced one in my final year in school. Immediately after my project defense, I travelled to go see my Uncle and at the same time fill my pocket with small cash. I spent two days and headed back to school with my mission accomplished.

I got back to school on a Friday evening, I was tired and didn't have time to unpack. I met my roommie with some other neighbours in my room watching a movie, so I had to collect the keys to another of my neighbour's room so I can continue my web dev tutorials with no disturbance. After few minutes of watching and practicing, I dozed off and was awoken by a gun shot from the neighbour's room, I immediately knew robbers were in the lodge, because they mostly come after semester exams, when most students must have gone home, leaving mostly the final years doing their project, and many of them have laptops.
I quickly went to bolt the door and switched off the light but my slippers in front of the door outside gave me away when they came to bang on my door. They kept on banging and banging, and one of 'em said "So you no wan open the door abi. If I break down this door, I go blow you shots". I started confessing my sins and had a 10secs flashback of my entire life from birth to the previous day. I kept telling my parents and siblings how much I loved them; something I had not done in years ;(

Another one with a thick voice called out " Agile, Mopol, make we move, no time". I watched from the window how they broke the lock with a hammer and walked out with confidence. I stayed inside for like 20 more minutes before opening the door to check on others. They stole everybody's phone and laptops. Even one dude who came to visit his bae with this high end Asus laptop that surely cost more than 150k.

I was the only one who still had his stuff intact, but I later got to find out they used my knapsack to pack all the laptops and phones, they even took my gold necklace, my body spray & antiperspirant, took my roomie's hair clipper. After that experience, I started watching videos on YouTube on how to disarm a person with a weapon, self-defense tutorials as well.

A neighbour from another hostel described the guys that came and it was the exact description of the guys I saw. I later discovered even the local vigilantes work with these guys. Most of them are caught, beaten and handed to the vigilantes but after like a week, you will likely see the guy walking the streets again. This country needs serious prayers

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Kokolett(f): 7:14am On Oct 04, 2020
poshestmina:
angry angry.

I have had two so far .
First one was in my family house .there wasn't enough funds for my parents so my dad hurriedly built 2 rooms on his land and we moved in ...He was in the Para Military and was hardly around.

One room was for my dad and mum and the kids occupied the other one.

One midnight,we woke up to my mother's voice... begging that she doesn't have money . I was with my two senior sisters and little brother ...We heard a knock on our door and the fear of my mum been in trouble ,we quickly opened the door .

They had already finished robbing my mum ,took all her jewelries ( she just came back from Jerusalem ,was sponsored by Rivers State gvt) , locked her in before coming to our room.

We opened immediately they knocked ,took our phones and all. One held his cutlass on my brother's neck ,that he will cut him if he misbehave ( he was below 17 then) .

They asked the 3 girls to come to the small corridor and pull our clothes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.
My eldest sister was pleading that they shouldnt disvirgin her and all...I was a Virgin too .

Their boss(I guess) said let him try ,if it doesn't penetrate he'd leave us.

My eldest sister was struggling with him then he left her ...the circle went on. The bastard came to me, checked with his fingers and left cry cry cry.

My middle sister was raped cry cry cry... I'm talking about it because she's late. Died March 27 2012.

I have the guy's picture all over my memory and he'd pay for his sins whether here on earth or beyond.

2nd one was in school.
Back of Chem,Choba

cry
Can't imagine the traumatic experience you and your family went through that night. So sorry dear.

The robbers will die horrible deaths and their children too.

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by div111(m): 7:32am On Oct 04, 2020
Cutezt:

Yeah, Masvi is really good and affordable, but I heard that opaye area is also dangerous at night too, someone said it was even worst than first gate.

E don tey wey i leave this street life, I am used to calmness now, I cant go back to that madness again, living on the mainland is a no no if you don't want to blend in.

grin yh..
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by ThatFairGuy1: 7:42am On Oct 04, 2020
Emmyreal4:
Last year December,arm robbers attacked our compound,they visited all the apartment, collecting all valuables and dishing out slaps to those who were forming strong headgrin

Our landlord who was living at the extreme end tried calling police before they got to his own apartment but police say no fuel for Hilux

they raided all the apartments and when they got to mine,they ransacked everywhere but they could not find anything valuable cause I was broke as hell,the next thing arm robbers remove koboko(horse whip) and started flogging me mercilessly, after flogging me for like ten mins the oga told them to stop,he told me to stand up but, my back and buttocks was sore,I was in severe pains,i managed to stand up while receiving occasional slaps from the gang,the oga told me that they flogged me because am too broke,he told me that the flogging was to motivate me to hustle so that the next time they come,I will have something for them.
You finally cracked my ribs oga

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by dangotejnr: 8:00am On Oct 04, 2020
In those days i remember how they execute robbers in barbeach, their bloods drip into the soil and appease the gods of the earth and air, then Nigerian youths are wary of being robbers, cos of the strong deterrent and elimination of hardened demonic criminals...we should introduce execution of armed robbers and kidnappers/terrorists, Nigeria will be better for it. THE BLOOD of the innocents killed by these animals are crying for vengeance, Nigeria will know no peace till bokoharam terrorists, kidnappers and armed robbers are executed to appease the crying blood of the innocent, this is a spiritual injuction.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by harmony940(m): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2020
Kokolett:

cry
Can't imagine the traumatic experience you and your family went through that night. So sorry dear.

The robbers will die horrible deaths and their children too.
Amen to that,why on earth will you forcefully take people's valuables and again rape them.....May those robbers never find rest till they die;

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Princessbettyj(f): 9:24am On Oct 04, 2020
soundlala2:
tell me nahhh tot we were beginning to b friends abi na ikorodu

Lmao grin ikorodu KO! Epe ni!
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Burna440(m): 9:40am On Oct 04, 2020
5ine:

Yea yea I can recall...bosso boys dey do ppl strong tin sha

No be small, students really see hell for their hand
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by soundlala2: 10:16am On Oct 04, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Lmao grin ikorodu KO! Epe ni!
tell me jooo
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by ucheuzor1(m): 10:21am On Oct 04, 2020
Edyice:
My uni days was when I was robbed Itwice . The first was scary and the thing pain me because I was supposed to act but my Bea stopped me though I was shaking sha...

Boyz go watch champion league football around 8:15 or so . Dude came through the back gate knack ,the first guy that open the saw locally made pistol for him nose ( though i dey suspect that guy )

I was chatting with my bae , the door was open we were both laying down then all of a sudden Bea was looking up . Before I could turn ( gun dey my skull ) the guy collect all our phones and left for the other rooms ( I wanted to attack him but my Bea stopped me though I was scared sha ...

Just one person. You could have attacked him. If they're much, that's where problem is.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 04, 2020
poshestmina:
angry angry.

I have had two so far .
First one was in my family house .there wasn't enough funds for my parents so my dad hurriedly built 2 rooms on his land and we moved in ...He was in the Para Military and was hardly around.

One midnight,we woke up to my mother's voice... begging that she doesn't have money . I was with my two senior sisters and little brother ...We heard a knock on our door and the fear of my mum been in trouble ,we quickly opened the door .

They had already finished robbing my mum ,took all her jewelries ( she just came back from Jerusalem ,was sponsored by Rivers State gvt) , locked her in before coming to our room.

We opened immediately they knocked ,took our phones and all. One held his cutlass on my brother's neck ,that he will cut him if he misbehave ( he was below 17 then) .

They asked the 3 girls to come to the small corridor and pull our clothes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.
My eldest sister was pleading that they shouldnt disvirgin her and all...I was a Virgin too .

My eldest sister was struggling with him then he left her ...the circle went on. The bastard came to me, checked with his fingers and left cry cry cry.

My middle sister was raped cry cry cry... I'm talking about it because she's late. Died March 27 2012.

I have the guy's picture all over my memory and he'd pay for his sins whether here on earth or beyond.

2nd one was in school.
Back of Chem,Choba

Sorry abt that dear. It deeply hurt.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Tboyfrosh123(m): 10:45am On Oct 04, 2020
Prechgold1180:
dat place (hostel gate) normally is a police check point police use to mount dat spot every day morning ND night
Dat very day der where not there

The gun datt dey used to Robb us is not normal childs play gun
It's like a police gun

It's either d robbers settled d police or d police were d ones dat carried out d operation
OK gringrin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Tboyfrosh123(m): 10:47am On Oct 04, 2020
poshestmina:
angry angry.

I have had two so far .

2nd one was in school.
Back of Chem,Choba

so sad can you post the dude pic here
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Donspicey: 10:52am On Oct 04, 2020
Opus85:

*Are you sure we are not the same person*. It is either they have finished robbing before I pass, or after I have passed they will rob. Even while in school. I have even unknowingly followed robbers at their back and they robbed some students, I just escaped.
Lolsss,,,same person?...even when i was managing a hotel...if NPF come to raid dey will just look me and pass,,,after every every dey will start ranting wia is d manager while i will just be looking at dem...even d CEO thought i was using jazz..bt me jst get dat believe say no evil shall see me...

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Oyerinde16(m): 10:54am On Oct 04, 2020
Though late, let me share, had a few but this one sweet me... I stayed along Lagos street in port Harcourt around 09... It was a slum, shortly after amnesty, I had foreign 9mm glock bought from a cultist.

You needed it those days, around 9pm sometimes in 2012, I was returning from a friends house, when this guys accosted me by my car side, (drivers seat) 4 of them, 1 holding a pistol, 1 a dagger, 1 a cutlass... They collected my phones(2) and my wallet containing 15k, as they turned to leave, under my car seat, I brought out my glock, unknown to the last one, I said hey, give me my phone and wallet, he turned and quickly dropped his cutlass with 2hands up, the one with the gun way way ahead, when he turned back, he collected 1 but escaped, I had 2 on lockdown 2 had bolted... I collected my phone and wallet back, this time they were face down... I took the machete, gave them more that 6 each on their body, they were blooded, I entered my car and drove off, the next day my friend narrated what happened to me, he said according to people, those guys tried to rob a man in a corolla, the man brought out a glock and dealt with them, left them and went his way, people came out and set the two ablaze... I asked him, what type of car I used, and what time did I leave his place yesterday... This happened not too far from NYSC sec, back in o9...

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by McBrooklyn(m): 11:50am On Oct 04, 2020
Emmyreal4:

they raided all the apartments and when they got to mine,they ransacked everywhere but they could not find anything valuable cause I was broke as hell,the next thing arm robbers remove koboko(horse whip) and started flogging me mercilessly, after flogging me for like ten mins the oga told them to stop,he told me to stand up but, my back and buttocks was sore,I was in severe pains,i managed to stand up while receiving occasional slaps from the gang,the oga told me that they flogged me because am too broke,he told me that the flogging was to motivate me to hustle so that the next time they come,I will have something for them.

Hahahahahaha Lmao Wahala for person wey broke grin grin

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by armadeo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2020
Emmyreal4:
Last year December,arm robbers attacked our compound,they visited all the apartment, collecting all valuables and dishing out slaps to those who were forming strong headgrin

Our landlord who was living at the extreme end tried calling police before they got to his own apartment but police say no fuel for Hilux

they raided all the apartments and when they got to mine,they ransacked everywhere but they could not find anything valuable cause I was broke as hell,the next thing arm robbers remove koboko(horse whip) and started flogging me mercilessly, after flogging me for like ten mins the oga told them to stop,he told me to stand up but, my back and buttocks was sore,I was in severe
Sifia pains,i managed to stand up while receiving occasional slaps from the gang,the oga told me that they flogged me because am too broke,he told me that the flogging was to motivate me to hustle so that the next time they come,I will have something for them.

Men that was savage.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by luminouz(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2020
Tboyfrosh123:
so sad can you post the dude pic here

Are you fuqin serious?

Did she snap his PIC with her teeth ni or you didn't read her story? undecided

She meant his picture was indelibly etched in her memory...not her phone memory card na

6 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by luminouz(m): 1:22pm On Oct 04, 2020
Oyerinde16:
Though late, let me share, had a few but this one sweet me... I stayed along Lagos street in port Harcourt around 09... It was a slum, shortly after amnesty, I had foreign 9mm glock bought from a cultist.

You needed it those days, around 9pm sometimes in 2012, I was returning from a friends house, when this guys accosted me by my car side, (drivers seat) 4 of them, 1 holding a pistol, 1 a dagger, 1 a cutlass... They collected my phones(2) and my wallet containing 15k, as they turned to leave, under my car seat, I brought out my glock, unknown to the last one, I said hey, give me my phone and wallet, he turned and quickly dropped his cutlass with 2hands up, the one with the gun way way ahead, when he turned back, he collected 1 but escaped, I had 2 on lockdown 2 had bolted... I collected my phone and wallet back, this time they were face down... I took the machete, gave them more that 6 each on their body, they were blooded, I entered my car and drove off, the next day my friend narrated what happened to me, he said according to people, those guys tried to rob a man in a corolla, the man brought out a glock and dealt with them, left them and went his way, people came out and set the two ablaze... I asked him, what type of car I used, and what time did I leave his place yesterday... This happened not too far from NYSC sec, back in o9...

Takes guts to kill.

Takes heart to stop killing after your first kill.

All in all,I'm happy you are safe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by cdcd76: 1:47pm On Oct 04, 2020
I never encountered any robbery attack, but it happened before my two natural eyes.

1. It occurred around 2008 when I was doing my national service in Emure Ekiti. There was a branch of the first bank in that locality, then, Hausa man we called mai suya was doing his business directly opposite. Me and my fellow corpers bought two plates of Suya and were busy serving our hungry stomach when I noticed Peugeot 406 with Kano registration number plate UGG..... Something, I can't remember the remaining alphabets, this number plate took my attention to the people inside the car, being held from Kano too. My egungun was telling me to go and greet them thinking they were on journey through ekiti, little did I intend doing so when I noticed them coming down with 6 Ak47, they started shooting sporodically, I opened my mouth wide like Yoruba man in surprised of what was happening, before I turned my side to inform Tunde, franca and other colleagues I saw nobody, they took to their heels, I joined thincidence en I saw the extreme fire in the making.
We later heard these men carted away with huge amounts of money biko.

2. It happened in the same town but different day and location.

Our corpers lodge was along Emure - Sufare - Ikare road in Ekiti state, directly adjacent to the house of the former Deputy governor of old Ondo state. We were sitting in front of house of this man, and were in groups of about 4 when one Igala man called Muhd a gateman to the mentioned gentleman picked a call from his boss, there and then Muhd opened the gate and told us to vacate this place something was about to happen. We vacated, but still peeped through our lodge gate like CCTV cameras. We later saw Mr deputy governor and his driver in speed like cheetah chasing prey during raining season, sooner did they entered Muhd closed the gate and robbers arrived in Hilux and started shooting in the air.

We later asked Muhd what happened he told us robbers trailed his boss like trailer from Ado Ekiti the state capital where they had their usual political meeting. In the morning we went to this man in group to symphatised and say sorry for the sorrow of yesterday, the man appreciated our gesture vividly.

These two incidences had succeeded in telling my conscious mind to redeploy back to Kano, the state where vice of this nature was minimal.

3. This was an after robbery incidence along Kano to Jigawa road.

Emh! Let me sip KUNU .... I'll be back soon...... pasten your sit belt wella.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by joinnow: 2:01pm On Oct 04, 2020
mine is like 5 times
travelling to Abuja with Chisco luxury bus
we got to Onitsha park by 12pm
other drivers heard the road is not clear for passasge because of Arm Robbers
our driver was having a bandana and some bulky gold neck chain like charley boy own.
Me thinking the driver have odeshi, he honk the horn and said we all should enter let go
naso we start to drive after an hour
dangote flatbed was coming from the other direction and he flash and said "they dey road make una go back"
our driver reverse the luxury but its too late
they are coming for us
our driver speed off looking for nearby village to branch off.
As soon as he branch off, our driver and conductor took off.
na so we started hearing gun shot.
me usain bolt to the nearest house where i dey see light
i jam the door the owner leaving his wife run off through the back door.
i then recall what bible said
when it happen
husband go forget wife
mama go forget pikin
after like 5min the man returned with old hunter double barrel and was asking who be dat
meanwhile me sit down for ground and point to the direction of the luxury.
--------------------
we did watch night till 4am
i return to the luxury our driver is still missing in action.
till 5am before he return.
we left but them we met them but they are busy robbing a mint bmw.
we zoom pass
this happen in Uromi

5 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Greatihex(m): 2:17pm On Oct 04, 2020
Postanalyser:
Hmmmmm.
I have had series of armed robbery experience,but I will talk about the last encounter.

It was back in 2016 while doing my clearance in school,i stayed in a very bad area filled with hoodlums.
On this fateful day, I was to go buy petrol with my cousin sister that just got admission in my school around 7:24pm. Incidentally,her fiancé just got her a new Gionee m5 that same week of which she cherished more than anything else. So while leaving she took her phone along and was busy chatting on WhatsApp, luckily for us I noticed her phone and instructed her to go back home and drop it else she is going no where with me. She obliged and we left.
I had 2k in my wallet of which I will buy petrol,ice cream and orange for her as she enjoys ice cream and fruits a lot. Also I had my school fees etranzact print out that I haven't changed to receipt yet(never knew I forgot it in my wallet).
After buying what we went out to buy, she insisted we walk home instead of taking a bike, on our way,very close to the lodge, lo and behold this bike stopped immediately in front of us, I already knew from experience that we are in trouble so I wanted to "fly" as I normally do if I'm alone or with a side chick. But the thought of leaving my baby cousin at the mercy of these hoodlums held me back.
They were three and the biggest of them pulled out a gun ( I was expecting a locally made gun, but behold I saw a cut-to size "pump action"wink. The guy was like " guy see am oo(holding the gun to my face)if you run,i off you". I summoned courage to ask him " bros how you wan use pump action come dey obtain phone,you suppose enter bank na" the guy vex forget "bold 5" ( our jargon for hot dirty slap back then) for my face.
They collected my wallet with my school fees etranzact and the 650 " change" left in the wallet, collected my cousin's nylon that contained her precious ice cream and orange, at this point she told them " na ice cream dey that nylon o" , and the bros replied " baggars no dey lick ice cream? Idiot". All these happened within 2 or 3 minutes.
However,base on the kin guy I be, I know the huge guy very well, he was popularly called "fada" in my hood,so I went to meet him in the morning to plead for my school fees etranzact ( of which I had to pay additional bank charges and stress that came with it to obtain a new print out) I first carry the idiot go buy drink and tendered my request...only for the idiot to tell me " guy you fall hands oo, so as big and fine as you are na only 650 naira dey your hand, you get luck say movement wey I make today pay me,if not I for dash you groundnut". So I left disappointedly.
To cut the story short, when I was doing my service a year later, my homie called to inform me that "fada" don go mud. He was killed by the police. I said na lie, only for the guy to forward me images his lifeless body at the police station. I said " that serves him right"
Fedponek?
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Princessbettyj(f): 2:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
soundlala2:
tell me jooo

Ikr means I know right

Okay you are welcome
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Ikennamurphy: 2:36pm On Oct 04, 2020
Davigle:
Good evening everyone, I have never experience robbery in my life and I pray never to see one. But I want to share one of my experience of boko attack on my school last year. We were preparing for second semester exams and one evening my friend invited me for a program at his church within campus. As the program was about to end I notice some commotion at the church gate so I was observant. After the service as soon as I went out I heard heavy gunshot (AA) though I wasn't afraid as it isn't the first time I've heard shots like this so I began walking back to my hostel. Students were running helter seketas eh scatter kikiki. So I ask what's going on and I heard that stray bullet hit three students during a fellowship and were rushed to the teaching hospital. Even though I was scared and nervous I remained calm till I got to the hostel and then I changed and pick up my bag and headed for class to study. My dad called me asking about my whereabouts and that of my younger brother. I told him everything was fine that he shouldn't worry and I even lied that we were in the hostel. Obviously rumors was heard in town that boko boys were attack Unimaid. So I stopped by at my friend's shop and waited for him while he was attending to some customers all through there was still heavy shots going on and a military helicopter was patrolling overhead. So while we were chating as if nothing was going on the helicopter opened fire and it was as if it opened fire right at the back of the shop. We just heard screams of RPG and every body in the shop ran out leaving just me and my friend. We managed to close the shop and ran back to the hostel. That night a lot of students ran out of school and slept in town. Funny enough our VC was trying to run away with his family but the soldiers at the school gate stopped him from leaving. That same night as the event was going on governor zulum came in to school to calm down students while the army where handling the situation. We later found out that boko boys attack an idp camp in dalori area very close to school and even tried to reach school before they were stopped. They next day life was back to normal, students flexing up n down as if nothing happened and even making jokes with the event but I thank God for His intervention. And I must say that aside for the politics going on in the army, these guys are really trying putting their lives at risk on a daily basis.
Well thank God for you.. But aside you're from Borno state I don't see why you should be schooling in Maiduguri.. Even if you're from there.. Is looking like a child's play bc u were not amongst those three students hit by a stray bullet

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by chatinent: 3:29pm On Oct 04, 2020
NarnieAceTech:
I sorta experienced one in my final year in school. Immediately after my project defense, I travelled to go see my Uncle and at the same time fill my pocket with small cash. I spent two days and headed back to school with my mission accomplished.

I got back to school on a Friday evening, I was tired and didn't have time to unpack. I met my roommie with some other neighbours in my room watching a movie, so I had to collect the keys to another of my neighbour's room so I can continue my web dev tutorials with no disturbance. After few minutes of watching and practicing, I dozed off and was awoken by a gun shot from the neighbour's room, I immediately knew robbers were in the lodge, because they mostly come after semester exams, when most students must have gone home, leaving mostly the final years doing their project, and many of them have laptops.
I quickly went to bolt the door and switched off the light but my slippers in front of the door outside gave me away when they came to bang on my door. They kept on banging and banging, and one of 'em said "So you no wan open the door abi. If I break down this door, I go blow you shots". I started confessing my sins and had a 10secs flashback of my entire life from birth to the previous day. I kept telling my parents and siblings how much I loved them; something I had not done in years ;(

Another one with a thick voice called out " Agile, Mopol, make we move, no time". I watched from the window how they broke the lock with a hammer and walked out with confidence. I stayed inside for like 20 more minutes before opening the door to check on others. They stole everybody's phone and laptops. Even one dude who came to visit his bae with this high end Asus laptop that surely cost more than 150k.

I was the only one who still had his stuff intact, but I later got to find out they used my knapsack to pack all the laptops and phones, they even took my gold necklace, my body spray & antiperspirant, took my roomie's hair clipper. After that experience, I started watching videos on YouTube on how to disarm a person with a weapon, self-defense tutorials as well.

A neighbour from another hostel described the guys that came and it was the exact description of the guys I saw. I later discovered even the local vigilantes work with these guys. Most of them are caught, beaten and handed to the vigilantes but after like a week, you will likely see the guy walking the streets again. This country needs serious prayers

You started watching videos of how to disarm robbers?
Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by soundlala2: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2020
Princessbettyj:

Ikr means I know right

Okay you are welcome
i know ray sounds better
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by NarnieAceTech: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
chatinent:

You started watching videos of how to disarm robbers?
Lol.

Funny, yeah? cheesy But I have come to notice most of these guys don't know how to hold a weapon. They most times hold it too close to your head or back.

Anyway, you don't get it though. But when it is just a guy trying to rob you, you understand the need

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by chatinent: 4:10pm On Oct 04, 2020
NarnieAceTech:

Funny, yeah? cheesy But I have come to notice most of these guys don't know how to hold a weapon. They most times hold it too close to your head or back.

Anyway, you don't get it though. But when it is just a guy trying to rob you, you understand the need

I understand you perfectly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Man Shoots His Girfriend Dead In Bayelsa Over Cheating Allegation. Graphic Photo / Items Found On Female Kidnapper Burnt To Death In Ikorodu / Teenager’s Manhood ‘vanishes’ After Handshake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.