Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,960 members, 7,814,250 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:52 AM

Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience (53434 Views)

Armed Robbery Attack On Banks In Offa, Kwara (More Pictures) / Armed Robbery Attack On A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (Graphic Photos) / Armed Robbery Attack At A Bank In Offa, Kwara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by QuinieR(f): 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cutezt:
NOTE - any typo you see, carry am like that, I was watching Chelsea's match while typing this, if you no fit read, jump am pass.

So I grew up in the hood where there were no robbers, but many cultists, actually, na God talk say I no go join, so I was 100% street smart.

I moved to Lagos and my armed robbery experience happened less than 3 weeks ago. I went for a 1 week getaway with bae from the island to the mainland, I had a budget of 10k per night for the hotel accommodation, but I needed to do something at badagry, so I sent the accommodation money to Bae to get a good hotel while I join her at Ojo where we choose the location to be.

So I went to badagry and spent 2 days completing the project I was meant to do in badagry and then went to ojo to meet her, she took me to one terrible looking hotel called Fooma hotel around first gate, for those who know Ojo well. I was not happy with her but she had paid already, I asked her why she picked this hotel and she apologized saying she was looking to cut cost since we will still eat and do other stuff, well, I accepted her apology and decided to manage it.

It was a terrible experience tho, no AC, just a fan, the hotel only turns on the gen by 5pm, and most times, there is no power, it affected my work badly as I needed light to work on my PC, so I just decided to waive work for the week and focus on Bae. It was evening, the first thing I noticed was prostitutes flooding the hotel at night, I was not happy at all, so we usually stayed in all night, we could not go to the bar, etc, I endured sha. We had fun for the first few days, one other bad aspect of the useless hotel was that random people kept on knocking at our door each time they notice I am not in, saying they want to talk to bae who is even more security cautious than i, she will never open the door, she told me of one guy who even had the guts to follow her asking to speak with her, i asked her to show me where he was but he was nowhere to be found again.

one day, i went out to get something, and on my return, bae told me a guy came and knocked asking her to open the door but she said he should return when I return, then the guy went and spoke to one of the room attendants who came to knock too asking her to open the door, she told him to return when I come back, as soon as she told me, I told her to dress up let us go to the reception, i went to the attendant and manager and warned them never to come near my door again until I leave this hotel, this was a hotel that water must finish in the tank every morning, when you complain, they will fetch water in a bucket and bring to your room, I just taya for the useless place.

One Friday, I was feeling very lazy and did not want to leave the hotel that day, but we had to go eat that evening, so I told bae we should go somewhere close, she agreed, as we dressed up and was about leaving, she received a call from a friend who invited her to join her and her boyfriend at one eatery at car wash, I told bae i did not want to go far cos my spirit was not letting me, but she cajoled me since that her friend was one she always spoke to me about and wanted me to meet, we sha went, ordered for food, I ate mine while bae packaged hers, I ordered for 2 extra chicken laps as a takeaway, we had a good time.

Now on the way home, I wanted to use the ATM, first, one guy wanted to fight me at the ATM for no good reason o, I carried the bank mopping stick to wipe him but was collected by the security before they separated us, I used the ATM sha and left.

Again, the car we were boarding, so many criminals around the road were looking at us suspiciously, it was obvious our dressing was attracting them, plus bae was Caucasian, so was very light-skinned and pretty, for their mind, I must have money since this girl is following me, dem no know say na manage me sef dey manage my life, I have been in Lagos for 6 years and this was only my third time sleeping over on the mainland, plus I had a car those other times, so I didn't need my street cred, well, these guys kept starring at us, that was when I knew I would have taken an Uber or something and I needed to be armed too. in the bus, one guy came to the window and was staring straight into my eyes while his guys were behind him, I jejely closed the window, I knew they were looking for a reason to begin fighting me so as to take things from me, we left sha.

On our way back, we were walking to the hotel, all of a sudden, 3 guys on okada appeared from nowhere, immediately the first alighted, he pulled out a gun and up it on my head, the second was with a knife and put it on bae, this was just by the roadside o, it was not dark, and people were still out, plus we were less than 10 steps away from the hotel, it was around 9 pm, as soon as I saw the gun and knife, my street cred kicked in, I wanted to wrestle him with the gun cos the fool had the gun very close to me, I could easily hit it and struggle with him, plus I was bigger than this guy, I could deal with him, but I just thought about the others, they could overpower me, plus bae was in danger, so I decided to keep calm. Immediately i saw him, I threw my newly bought redmi note 9 phone inside the gutter, I was not holding any money aside my chicken cos babe collected all the money I withdrew and put in her purse prior. as soon as the guy put the gun on me, I remembered where I was coming from, how rugged it was and how this was never gonna happen to me where I come from, and just a few weeks ago, a girl in my area died of knife stabs because she was struggling with phone thieves, the news was even on nairaland front page, they searched me and did not find nothing, I was concentrating on the guy with gun when I heard bae screaming, immediately, the guy gave her a loud slap, and was taking the knife towards her, that was how I quickly went between them begging the guy to chill, I screamed at bae as she was struggling with them for the bag, so she removed it and gave them, her phone was in it, my atm card and hers, my mifi router, and 7k of the money I withdrew, plus other items, immediately, they took the bike and ran away, just as they were leaving, a man came over and asked what happened, I said we were robbed and I pointed at the bike on high speed, the man quickly swung into action, stopped another bike and went after the thieves. soon people had gathered around and were sympathizing with us, bae was crying already, i consoled her and soon tried to pick my phone in the gutter, that was when i realized that the gutter was filled with black deep dirty water, immediately, i gave up the phone cos i knew there was no way we would find it, people encouraged us to search for it but i refused, surprisingly, bae refused and said we must look for it, she screamed at me when i was telling her to leave it, na so she dive inside dirty black gutter dey find phone o, put her hand inside the extremely dirty water with maggots sef, i was really embarrassed, her white dress was stained already, what a night it was, just as i managed to convince her to leave it after almost 15 mins of searching, the man who went after the robbers came back, his wife was waiting for him with us, he said the thieves came from School, that he chased them but they entered a dark place he doesn't know so he could not follow them as it was dangerous, he said his bike was stolen around the same area too that was why he promised that he must help anyone he sees being robbed, he sympathized with us and just as we were about leaving, i turned and saw bae inside the gutter again, the man asked what she was doing there, she said my phone was inside, the man went home and brought a rake, na so we find the phone o, removing all sorts of sand and dirt in the gutter, after about 20 more mins, bae found it, i knew it was gone already, i thanked the man and we went back to the hotel.

It was a really terrible night, bae was unsettled, I slept off trying to console her, the food and chicken laps I brought, I could not eat sef, it tasted bitter in my mouth, by morning, she was a bit better, had woken up, cleaned everywhere and washed all the clothes, I was just admiring the gift God had given to me, well, we went straight to Alaba where I got her a Gionee phone she liked while I bought my note 9 again. I had gone way over budget for a 1-week trip, almost 300k spent when the original budget was not even up to 120k sef, well, I was glad everything was fine, the only problem was that my old phone refused to be fixed as the panel got damaged, and bae could not retrieve her line as she did not do the registration herself.

It was a terrible experience, I quickly got myself a jackknife and side bag and was 101% street smart from then on, my walking changed, my dressing changed, enough of the ajebo stuff, they want it street, then let's give them street, that was the only time I considered getting a gun for myself.

The next morning, i went to complain of no water as usual, but i noticed bloodstains on the floor, I traced it and it went downstairs, i went to the manager and complained, he said they were investigating it, so when I went back upstairs, I noticed there was much blood stains on our door handle, it looked like someone injured on the hand tried opening the door, as I was asking bae to come and see, one of the prostitutes on my floor opened her door, i asked if she knew what happened and that was how she explained that robbers came to the hotel at night and were knocking all the doors, ha!! robbers in a hotel ke? I never see o. she said one of them got injured while trying to scale the fence, this was a hotel that had 3 security guards o, only God knows how it happened, she said the robbers turned off the gen and wanted everywhere dark to operate, that the manager went to check why the gen went off, that was when he saw them and screamed forcing them to take off, i investigated many doors and realized the robbers only tired to open ours, but went to many other doors, that was when i knew it was possible we were the target, immediately, i asked Bae to arrange her things, we were leaving this hell hole and never to return, we checked out and left, we completed the week at a nice hotel called Masvi hotel, it was much more secure, professional, with armed police and security, a pool, a bar to go chill and more, plus it was just 1500 more than the hell hole we just left.

Now, any robber I see, I go join beat am o, it was a really sad experience, I am back on the island where they are far saner people and still can't calm down as I am still very careful and alert even while in my house.

sorry for the epistle, FOOMA HOTEL IS A USELESS HOTEL, PLEASE NEVER GO THERE IN YOUR LIFE.
Ewo shocked
You like shalaye o cheesy
I hope you are still with that angel wink
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Starhearts: 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
BarrElChapo:

Amen. Thank you for your kind prayers. Wow you really have some stories to tell but thank God the story has changed now. Stay blessed

May u continue to grow in wisdom and understanding.
Am happy 4 ur kind gesture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Asquare84(m): 7:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Postanalyser:
Hmmmmm.
I have had series of armed robbery experience,but I will talk about the last encounter.

It was back in 2016 while doing my clearance in school,i stayed in a very bad area filled with hoodlums.
On this fateful day, I was to go buy petrol with my cousin sister that just got admission in my school around 7:24pm. Incidentally,her fiancé just got her a new Gionee m5 that same week of which she cherished more than anything else. So while leaving she took her phone along and was busy chatting on WhatsApp, luckily for us I noticed her phone and instructed her to go back home and drop it else she is going no where with me. She obliged and we left.
I had 2k in my wallet of which I will buy petrol,ice cream and orange for her as she enjoys ice cream and fruits a lot. Also I had my school fees etranzact print out that I haven't changed to receipt yet(never knew I forgot it in my wallet).
After buying what we went out to buy, she insisted we walk home instead of taking a bike, on our way,very close to the lodge, lo and behold this bike stopped immediately in front of us, I already knew from experience that we are in trouble so I wanted to "fly" as I normally do if I'm alone or with a side chick. But the thought of leaving my baby cousin at the mercy of these hoodlums held me back.
They were three and the biggest of them pulled out a gun ( I was expecting a locally made gun, but behold I saw a cut-to size "pump action"wink. The guy was like " guy see am oo if you run,i off you". I summoned courage to ask him " bros how you wan use pump action come dey obtain phone,you suppose enter bank na" the guy vex forget "bold 5" ( our jargon for hot dirty slap back then) for my face.
They collected my wallet with my school fees etranzact and the 650 " change" left in the wallet, collected my cousin's nylon that contained her precious ice cream and orange, at this point she told them " na ice cream dey that nylon o" , and the bros replied " baggars no dey lick ice cream? Idiot". All these happened within 2 or 3 minutes.
However,base on the kin guy I be, I know the huge guy very well, he was popularly called "fada" in my hood,so I went to meet him in the morning to plead for my school fees etranzact ( of which I had to pay additional bank charges and stress that came with it to obtain a new print out) I first carry the idiot go buy drink and tendered my request...only for the idiot to tell me " guy you fall hands oo, so as big and fine as you are na only 650 naira dey your hand, you get luck say movement wey I make today pay me,if not I for dash you groundnut". So I left disappointedly.
To cut the story short, when I was doing my service a year later, my homie called to inform me that "fada" don go mud. He was killed by the police. I said na lie, only for the guy to forward me his lifeless body at the police station. I said " that serves him right"

It people like you that encourage crime in the society what stop you from reporting the guy to the police after identify him as one of the robbers

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by sammuell(m): 7:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
Scrupulous419:

Babe just visit PH, things are happening here

This no movie I swear to God. That's my bat
He won't understand
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by sharpwriter(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Never had a personal experience and never would I by the special Grace of God.

By the special grace of God? shocked

I thought you didn't believe in spiritual stuffs grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Cutezt(m): 7:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
QuinieR:

Ewo shocked
You like shalaye o cheesy
I hope you are still with that angel wink

Lol, I was on PC and was even angry while typing, it was a bitter experience and I will not fail to testify to the wonderful nonsense called Fooma Hotel, I have their time today.

Oh, and yes, I am still very much with my angel, I hope to be till 80. grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by GeneralKoko(m): 7:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
poshestmina:
angry angry.

I have had two so far .
First one was in my family house .there wasn't enough funds for my parents so my dad hurriedly built 2 rooms on his land and we moved in ...He was in the Para Military and was hardly around.

One room was for my dad and mum and the kids occupied the other one.

One midnight,we woke up to my mother's voice... begging that she doesn't have money . I was with my two senior sisters and little brother ...We heard a knock on our door and the fear of my mum been in trouble ,we quickly opened the door .

They had already finished robbing my mum ,took all her jewelries ( she just came back from Jerusalem ,was sponsored by Rivers State gvt) , locked her in before coming to our room.

We opened immediately they knocked ,took our phones and all. One held his cutlass on my brother's neck ,that he will cut him if he misbehave ( he was below 17 then) .

They asked the 3 girls to come to the small corridor and pull our clothes. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed.
My eldest sister was pleading that they shouldnt disvirgin her and all...I was a Virgin too .

Their boss(I guess) said let him try ,if it doesn't penetrate he'd leave us.

My eldest sister was struggling with him then he left her ...the circle went on. The bastard came to me, checked with his fingers and left cry cry cry.

My middle sister was raped cry cry cry... I'm talking about it because she's late. Died March 27 2012.

I have the guy's picture all over my memory and he'd pay for his sins whether here on earth or beyond.

2nd one was in school.
Back of Chem,Choba

Wow!!!
I'm so sad rn
Sorry for your loss
Na the rapist kill her??
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Cutezt(m): 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
AwesomeDuru:
It used to be terrible, but they have rebranded now.

What have they rebranded? the hotel I just left less than 3 weeks ago? it's like you did not read my story well o, abi you dey work there? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by QuinieR(f): 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cutezt:

Lol, I was on PC and was even angry while typing, it was a bitter experience and I will not fail to testify to the wonderful nonsense called Fooma Hotel, I have their time today.

Oh, and yes, I am still very much with my angel, I hope to be till 80. grin grin
Wishing you guys 600yrs together

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Ghost231(m): 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
How your bae take know that kan hotel sef??
How dare she?!!!!
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by SpecialNwa: 8:21pm On Oct 03, 2020
since i was born, and now i am getting old I have never experience such.... Ekene diri chukwu Ebube

4 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by simplepee(f): 8:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
I thank God for grace. I've never experienced it.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Harrykn: 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Emmyreal4:
Last year December,arm robbers attacked our compound,they visited all the apartment, collecting all valuables and dishing out slaps to those who were forming strong headgrin

Our landlord who was living at the extreme end tried calling police before they got to his own apartment but police say no fuel for Hilux

they raided all the apartments and when they got to mine,they ransacked everywhere but they could not find anything valuable cause I was broke as hell,the next thing arm robbers remove koboko(horse whip) and started flogging me mercilessly, after flogging me for like ten mins the oga told them to stop,he told me to stand up but, my back and buttocks was sore,I was in severe pains,i managed to stand up while receiving occasional slaps from the gang,the oga told me that they flogged me because am too broke,he told me that the flogging was to motivate me to hustle.
This one loud o. Chai, my mouth o

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by sammuell(m): 8:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Foolishbuhari:

Odeshi no be sin... Na God create the knowledge and power give am to man
O.T
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by simplepee(f): 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2020
illicit:
Even armed robber go come read post

cheesy
Lmao guy you be idiot o grin grin grin I don die for laugh grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Tonyspecial(m): 8:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Burna440:
I’ve had so many encounters of armed robbery while growing up so it became and experience but the one that shocked me was in 2014 when I resumed #FUTMinna as an undergraduate, prior to that, I worked in a construction company and saved a lot of money which I used in purchasing Laptop, Infinix phone and other accessories.. two days after I resumed, I went to charge in school cos of the light situation in Minna as at then, unfortunately I didn’t know the town was notorious for robbery, that was how I was blocked by 3 Malo bois and they collected everything on me, the annoying part was that even the #70 in my pocket was taken. Few days later, the same set of boys still came to my lodge to rob us, my room was robbed on the 4th day in the week, it became a normal routine for them, and the guys in my lodge were all ladies(pimps and weaklings) cos several times I told them that we can fight those guys, after that semester I went home and gist some of my cousins that had similar experiences and one of them advised me to get acid and keep for them cos they will still come back, I did as was told and mid of second semester I was sleeping when I heard small voices and waking up, I discovered that a magnet was tied to a stick which they will use in picking phones through burglary, as a regain consciousness, I rolled to where my acid was and picked the glass jug up and just threw it at the guy, the only thing I was hearing was his screaming of Wayo Allah, wayo allah repeatedly while running, that was how I opened the door with matchet and ran after him, the hunter became the hunted, other students came out and we caught two people.... after that time till I graduated, that lodge was never robbed, we could even sleep with doors open
grin ur story sweet me wella

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by AwesomeDuru(m): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cutezt:

What have they rebranded? the hotel I just left less than 3 weeks ago? it's like you did not read my story well o, abi you dey work there? grin grin
Lol. I don't work there sir. Hit me up next time you come around though, I stay close.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Postanalyser: 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
Asquare84:

It people like you that encourage crime in the society what stop you from reporting the guy to the police after identify him as one of the robbers
Lol. Bros are you being sarcastic or are you really serious? If the later is the case then you really need the service of a psychiatrist.
You want me to report him to the police and within few days he will be back to the society after paying his way to freedom and I will have to pay for his arrest with my life abi?
Niggar your plans have failed. I will be the last person that will report an armed robber to the incompetent Nigeria police

26 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by seanwilliam(m): 8:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
SATANNIST:
they came to rob an my landlord daughter was in my room watching bbn last year. na so them enter begin scream, i tell them to calm down and take anything them want. na so them collect my watch, fones and some cash. before we knew it, the ones wey dey outside don release for up because the other neigbour no one comply. soon them change am o, say them wan Bleep the landlord daughter, i beg tire, she wasnt bothered. to my greatest surprise she told me to stop begging. that if all they want is to Bleep, she is down as long as they hurt no one. omo na so arm robbers gbola erect at the sound of that o. these 3 guys came prepared. na so them unleash packets of condoms and begin take turns on this fine bbw girl. to my greatest surprise she was enjoying it and moaning enjoyably. there was one particular guy with the biggest gbola, after everyone took turns and came, she wanted ore of this big gbola, na so she begin stroke am. before u know it, that one don mount am doggie. come see moaning again. that is how it went o. las las the return all they took from us and left. yes after all that , i took my own share and i have been fucking her till i parked out due to constant arm robbery attacks
continue you hear?
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by sharpchap: 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
] I think your landlord was their informant and they knew he would be hiding in the roof that's why they were not interested in checking.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by pamcode(m): 8:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Instrumentalng:
Lol when I working in a betting shop 2013
Omo this guy came played game from 11am to 9pm lost over 100k
As everybody de pity am padi bring out stainless collected all his money back and too our laptop and customers phones
Who goes there -port Harcourt
Mad oooooo. This one off me sha, the modafucker collect him money back by force. I always wonder how those bet shops and Pos stores operate without being robbed.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Bradiyung(m): 8:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
Burna440:
I’ve had so many encounters of armed robbery while growing up so it became and experience but the one that shocked me was in 2014 when I resumed #FUTMinna as an undergraduate, prior to that, I worked in a construction company and saved a lot of money which I used in purchasing Laptop, Infinix phone and other accessories.. two days after I resumed, I went to charge in school cos of the light situation in Minna as at then, unfortunately I didn’t know the town was notorious for robbery, that was how I was blocked by 3 Malo bois and they collected everything on me, the annoying part was that even the #70 in my pocket was taken. Few days later, the same set of boys still came to my lodge to rob us, my room was robbed on the 4th day in the week, it became a normal routine for them, and the guys in my lodge were all ladies(pimps and weaklings) cos several times I told them that we can fight those guys, after that semester I went home and gist some of my cousins that had similar experiences and one of them advised me to get acid and keep for them cos they will still come back, I did as was told and mid of second semester I was sleeping when I heard small voices and waking up, I discovered that a magnet was tied to a stick which they will use in picking phones through burglary, as a regain consciousness, I rolled to where my acid was and picked the glass jug up and just threw it at the guy, the only thing I was hearing was his screaming of Wayo Allah, wayo allah repeatedly while running, that was how I opened the door with matchet and ran after him, the hunter became the hunted, other students came out and we caught two people.... after that time till I graduated, that lodge was never robbed, we could even sleep with doors open
Wtf.......wayo Allah
LMAO
You nairalanders won't kill me with laugh
I've been reading stories here since morning

I'm getting to learn alot although I've never been robbed or anything before, I pray I don't experience such in Jesus name.

You guys and ladies are so brave

7 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by darsh(m): 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
SATANNIST:
they came to rob an my landlord daughter was in my room watching bbn last year. na so them enter begin scream, i tell them to calm down and take anything them want. na so them collect my watch, fones and some cash. before we knew it, the ones wey dey outside don release for up because the other neigbour no one comply. soon them change am o, say them wan Bleep the landlord daughter, i beg tire, she wasnt bothered. to my greatest surprise she told me to stop begging. that if all they want is to Bleep, she is down as long as they hurt no one. omo na so arm robbers gbola erect at the sound of that o. these 3 guys came prepared. na so them unleash packets of condoms and begin take turns on this fine bbw girl. to my greatest surprise she was enjoying it and moaning enjoyably. there was one particular guy with the biggest gbola, after everyone took turns and came, she wanted ore of this big gbola, na so she begin stroke am. before u know it, that one don mount am doggie. come see moaning again. that is how it went o. las las the return all they took from us and left. yes after all that , i took my own share and i have been fucking her till i parked out due to constant arm robbery attacks

This girl?
How can i know her
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Emmyreal4(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Golan007:

You are ready for them now I believe?
bro I never ready ooh...I still broke

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by div111(m): 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Cutezt:
NOTE - any typo you see, carry am like that, I was watching Chelsea's match while typing this, if you no fit read, jump am pass.

So I grew up in the hood where there were no robbers, but many cultists, actually, na God talk say I no go join, so I was 100% street smart.

I moved to Lagos and my armed robbery experience happened less than 3 weeks ago. I went for a 1 week getaway with bae from the island to the mainland, I had a budget of 10k per night for the hotel accommodation, but I needed to do something at badagry, so I sent the accommodation money to Bae to get a good hotel while I join her at Ojo where we choose the location to be.

So I went to badagry and spent 2 days completing the project I was meant to do in badagry and then went to ojo to meet her, she took me to one terrible looking hotel called Fooma hotel around first gate, for those who know Ojo well. I was not happy with her but she had paid already, I asked her why she picked this hotel and she apologized saying she was looking to cut cost since we will still eat and do other stuff, well, I accepted her apology and decided to manage it.

It was a terrible experience tho, no AC, just a fan, the hotel only turns on the gen by 5pm, and most times, there is no power, it affected my work badly as I needed light to work on my PC, so I just decided to waive work for the week and focus on Bae. It was evening, the first thing I noticed was prostitutes flooding the hotel at night, I was not happy at all, so we usually stayed in all night, we could not go to the bar, etc, I endured sha. We had fun for the first few days, one other bad aspect of the useless hotel was that random people kept on knocking at our door each time they notice I am not in, saying they want to talk to bae who is even more security cautious than i, she will never open the door, she told me of one guy who even had the guts to follow her asking to speak with her, i asked her to show me where he was but he was nowhere to be found again.

one day, i went out to get something, and on my return, bae told me a guy came and knocked asking her to open the door but she said he should return when I return, then the guy went and spoke to one of the room attendants who came to knock too asking her to open the door, she told him to return when I come back, as soon as she told me, I told her to dress up let us go to the reception, i went to the attendant and manager and warned them never to come near my door again until I leave this hotel, this was a hotel that water must finish in the tank every morning, when you complain, they will fetch water in a bucket and bring to your room, I just taya for the useless place.

One Friday, I was feeling very lazy and did not want to leave the hotel that day, but we had to go eat that evening, so I told bae we should go somewhere close, she agreed, as we dressed up and was about leaving, she received a call from a friend who invited her to join her and her boyfriend at one eatery at car wash, I told bae i did not want to go far cos my spirit was not letting me, but she cajoled me since that her friend was one she always spoke to me about and wanted me to meet, we sha went, ordered for food, I ate mine while bae packaged hers, I ordered for 2 extra chicken laps as a takeaway, we had a good time.

Now on the way home, I wanted to use the ATM, first, one guy wanted to fight me at the ATM for no good reason o, I carried the bank mopping stick to wipe him but was collected by the security before they separated us, I used the ATM sha and left.

Again, the car we were boarding, so many criminals around the road were looking at us suspiciously, it was obvious our dressing was attracting them, plus bae was Caucasian, so was very light-skinned and pretty, for their mind, I must have money since this girl is following me, dem no know say na manage me sef dey manage my life, I have been in Lagos for 6 years and this was only my third time sleeping over on the mainland, plus I had a car those other times, so I didn't need my street cred, well, these guys kept starring at us, that was when I knew I would have taken an Uber or something and I needed to be armed too. in the bus, one guy came to the window and was staring straight into my eyes while his guys were behind him, I jejely closed the window, I knew they were looking for a reason to begin fighting me so as to take things from me, we left sha.

On our way back, we were walking to the hotel, all of a sudden, 3 guys on okada appeared from nowhere, immediately the first alighted, he pulled out a gun and up it on my head, the second was with a knife and put it on bae, this was just by the roadside o, it was not dark, and people were still out, plus we were less than 10 steps away from the hotel, it was around 9 pm, as soon as I saw the gun and knife, my street cred kicked in, I wanted to wrestle him with the gun cos the fool had the gun very close to me, I could easily hit it and struggle with him, plus I was bigger than this guy, I could deal with him, but I just thought about the others, they could overpower me, plus bae was in danger, so I decided to keep calm. Immediately i saw him, I threw my newly bought redmi note 9 phone inside the gutter, I was not holding any money aside my chicken cos babe collected all the money I withdrew and put in her purse prior. as soon as the guy put the gun on me, I remembered where I was coming from, how rugged it was and how this was never gonna happen to me where I come from, and just a few weeks ago, a girl in my area died of knife stabs because she was struggling with phone thieves, the news was even on nairaland front page, they searched me and did not find nothing, I was concentrating on the guy with gun when I heard bae screaming, immediately, the guy gave her a loud slap, and was taking the knife towards her, that was how I quickly went between them begging the guy to chill, I screamed at bae as she was struggling with them for the bag, so she removed it and gave them, her phone was in it, my atm card and hers, my mifi router, and 7k of the money I withdrew, plus other items, immediately, they took the bike and ran away, just as they were leaving, a man came over and asked what happened, I said we were robbed and I pointed at the bike on high speed, the man quickly swung into action, stopped another bike and went after the thieves. soon people had gathered around and were sympathizing with us, bae was crying already, i consoled her and soon tried to pick my phone in the gutter, that was when i realized that the gutter was filled with black deep dirty water, immediately, i gave up the phone cos i knew there was no way we would find it, people encouraged us to search for it but i refused, surprisingly, bae refused and said we must look for it, she screamed at me when i was telling her to leave it, na so she dive inside dirty black gutter dey find phone o, put her hand inside the extremely dirty water with maggots sef, i was really embarrassed, her white dress was stained already, what a night it was, just as i managed to convince her to leave it after almost 15 mins of searching, the man who went after the robbers came back, his wife was waiting for him with us, he said the thieves came from School, that he chased them but they entered a dark place he doesn't know so he could not follow them as it was dangerous, he said his bike was stolen around the same area too that was why he promised that he must help anyone he sees being robbed, he sympathized with us and just as we were about leaving, i turned and saw bae inside the gutter again, the man asked what she was doing there, she said my phone was inside, the man went home and brought a rake, na so we find the phone o, removing all sorts of sand and dirt in the gutter, after about 20 more mins, bae found it, i knew it was gone already, i thanked the man and we went back to the hotel.

It was a really terrible night, bae was unsettled, I slept off trying to console her, the food and chicken laps I brought, I could not eat sef, it tasted bitter in my mouth, by morning, she was a bit better, had woken up, cleaned everywhere and washed all the clothes, I was just admiring the gift God had given to me, well, we went straight to Alaba where I got her a Gionee phone she liked while I bought my note 9 again. I had gone way over budget for a 1-week trip, almost 300k spent when the original budget was not even up to 120k sef, well, I was glad everything was fine, the only problem was that my old phone refused to be fixed as the panel got damaged, and bae could not retrieve her line as she did not do the registration herself.

It was a terrible experience, I quickly got myself a jackknife and side bag and was 101% street smart from then on, my walking changed, my dressing changed, enough of the ajebo stuff, they want it street, then let's give them street, that was the only time I considered getting a gun for myself.

The next morning, i went to complain of no water as usual, but i noticed bloodstains on the floor, I traced it and it went downstairs, i went to the manager and complained, he said they were investigating it, so when I went back upstairs, I noticed there was much blood stains on our door handle, it looked like someone injured on the hand tried opening the door, as I was asking bae to come and see, one of the prostitutes on my floor opened her door, i asked if she knew what happened and that was how she explained that robbers came to the hotel at night and were knocking all the doors, ha!! robbers in a hotel ke? I never see o. she said one of them got injured while trying to scale the fence, this was a hotel that had 3 security guards o, only God knows how it happened, she said the robbers turned off the gen and wanted everywhere dark to operate, that the manager went to check why the gen went off, that was when he saw them and screamed forcing them to take off, i investigated many doors and realized the robbers only tired to open ours, but went to many other doors, that was when i knew it was possible we were the target, immediately, i asked Bae to arrange her things, we were leaving this hell hole and never to return, we checked out and left, we completed the week at a nice hotel called Masvi hotel, it was much more secure, professional, with armed police and security, a pool, a bar to go chill and more, plus it was just 1500 more than the hell hole we just left.

Now, any robber I see, I go join beat am o, it was a really sad experience, I am back on the island where they are far saner people and still can't calm down as I am still very careful and alert even while in my house.

sorry for the epistle, FOOMA HOTEL IS A USELESS HOTEL, PLEASE NEVER GO THERE IN YOUR LIFE.

Damn niggarr

masvi dey my area seff. dope place

1 Like

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Denique(f): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
illicit:
Even armed robber go come read post

cheesy

Med oh grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Emmyreal4(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
Rahkman:
hahahahahah guy kill me ....you must kill me today grin grin
bro am not a killer grin
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Golan007: 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
Emmyreal4:
bro I never ready ooh...I still broke

grin

The koboko no inspire you.

Your case strong.

8 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Justkatty(f): 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
pillarmaria:
On the 14th of October 2018, I was returning from Owerri to Port Harcourt, I lefy Owerri around 6pm and due to the bad road and traffic I arrived PH around 9pm, Our Bus stopped at Rumuokoro and I got into another one heading to Mile 1, I alighted at Mile one just under the bridge, As I made my way to cross over to Isaac Boro pack gate while aiming to pick a cab from Busdor to Amadi Ama, I noticed a guy leaping towards me asking strange questions which sounded like he was confused on where to board a bus to his destination, I quickly pointed to the direction on where to get a bus, but as he ignored my directives and kept approaching me it dawned on me that something was about to happen, swiftly I hastened up to leave the bridge but it was dark because the street lights weren't reflecting under the bridge, the more I moved the more he gets closer , little did I know that I had been surrounded by hoodlums with Cutlass and some some dangerous weapons.
From that Lng down to Amadi roundabout is very dangerous, but thank God you weren't harm.
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Foolishbuhari: 9:03pm On Oct 03, 2020
Postanalyser:

Lol. Bros are you being sarcastic or are you really serious? If the later is the case then you really need the service of a psychiatrist.
You want me to report him to the police and within few days he will be back to the society after paying his way to freedom and I will have to pay for his arrest with my life abi?
Niggar your plans have failed. I will be the last person that will report an armed robber to the incompetent Nigeria police

Leave am na mumu man!

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by simplepee(f): 9:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
SATANNIST:
Smelly lies
Re: Share Your Armed Robbery Attack Experience by Postanalyser: 9:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
Foolishbuhari:

Leave am na mumu man!
I swear

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Before And After He Was Kidnapped Check This Picture.. / How Hushpuppi's Instagram Posts Prompted His Arrest (Video) / AAU Students Killed At Their Graduation Party (More Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 164
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.