Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,042 members, 7,956,886 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 09:31 PM

After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? - Religion (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? (69462 Views)

Jesus Resurrected body A Spiritual Body Or Spirit Body / 'jesus's Resurrection' A Topic That Exposes Jehovah Witness Organisation. / What Goes To Heaven Or Hell, Is It Body,soul Or Spirit. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (89) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 6:33am On Oct 22, 2020
haddeylium:

complete the story plsss cheesy
where will the unbelievable be?

I'll also like to know that!

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by haddeylium(m): 8:17am On Oct 22, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You would have to go back to my previous posts for that.

Clown cheesy
Complete the story nahh...
Your not sure of your belief?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2020
Haddeylium my brother, these religionsists just love to argue hopelessly, fruitlessly and endlessly.
Each of them doesn't have what it takes to fully convince a listener on what to believe/trust, so in a bid to build a fence around them in order not to be compelled to submit to any form of standard, each is saying whatever comes to their mind.
That's why they can't point to any organized group practicing what they're saying because then they have to submit to the rules and codes of conduct upheld by the group they mention! smiley

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by HardissonHard: 9:50am On Oct 22, 2020
Sounds really logically, thanks to you a lot!
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:05am On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:
Haddeylium my brother, these religionsists just love to argue hopelessly, fruitlessly and endlessly.
Each of them doesn't have what it takes to fully convince a listener on what to believe/trust, so in a bid to build a fence around them in order not to be compelled to submit to any form of standard, each is saying whatever comes to their mind.
That's why they can't point to any organized group practicing what they're saying because then they have to submit to the rules and codes of conduct upheld by the group they mention! smiley

This calls Matthew 7:21-23 to mind!

(19)"Not everyone saying to me 'Lord Lord' will enter into the Kingdom of the heavens but only the one doing the will of my father who is in the heavens will.(20) Many will say to me in that day 'Lord Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and expel demons in your name, and perform many powerful works in your name?(21) And then i will declare to them 'i never knew you, get away from me you workers of lawlessness!'

The lawlessness makes each of them set his own personal beliefs and rules, not willing to agree with one another for equity to take effect!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 2:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

Answer the question.
It is sown a natural body, which body is sown ? The physical body , yes or no ?
Why did you dodge the greek interpretation?
Physical is a very weak interpretation, the right word is natural or soulish.
The body was not lost or discarded but only transformed from natural to spiritual.
'It was sown a natural body but restored a spiritual body

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 2:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

There in hell forever with which body ? Corruptible or incorruptible one ?

grin grin grin grin
human bodies that are freezed do not ungo a decay does that mean that human bodies are incorruptible?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

It explains the meaning of what is glorious. No scar, no blemish, no wrinkles, no dirt.
clown where was it written in that verse that Jesus was talking about a body?

If it has a scar in the first place that needed healing, Proving the body was never a glorious one. But a corruptible one. See your life's

you obviously lack comprehension,
If a human body can heal itself how much more the spiritual body? The spiritual body can manifest in any way the spirit wants.
The scar on Jesus body was there to show his disciples that it was the same body, if it was not the his body it would have being a lie.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
This question is for you
Dappa, max, janosky, akinwale, haddeylium, and any other jw

Was Jesus body raised from the dead?

1 Corinthians 15:44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.

Replaced the "it" with "Jesus' body"and give me an answer.
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:51pm On Oct 22, 2020
livingchrist:
This question is for you
Dappa, Max, janosky, akinwale, haddeylium, and any other jw
Was Jesus body raised from the dead?
1 Corinthians 15:44
It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
Replaced the "it" with "Jesus' body"and give me an answer.

All these amounts to hopeless, useless, worthless, fruitless and senseless arguements if you can't present a GROUP amongst whom what you're carrying in your head is benefitial or operational! cheesy

Whether Jesus existed or not, lived or not, died or not, raised or not, what matters is where are those practicing what Jesus taught today?
If you can't present them as evidence, then know that your Jesus is just a fictional character.

I present to you the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses!
Their Jesus taught them to make sure they LOVE fellow members just as he loved them {John 13:34-35} and the world can testify to the strong bond in their midst till today!
Their Jesus taught them to LOVE their neighbours as themselves {Mark 12:31} and the world knew JWs as the one and only group that often visit their neighbours at homes uninvited, to them all races are equal!
Their Jesus taught them never to use weapons in settling disputes {Matthew 26:52} the world knew them as the one and only group where members don't do any work having to do with carrying weapons!
Their Jesus taught them never to take part in the political affairs of the world {John 17:14; 18:36} the world knew them as a neutral group that will never take side during politics.
Their Jesus taught them to make peace at all times {Luke 6:29} so it's known globally that JWs are the only people who always sue for Peace.
Their Jesus taught them to speak with one voice and maintain the oneness always {John 17:20-23} globally everyone knows the beliefs of this group as unique!

Please present a better performing group before calling me out so i can compare and contrast i'm not interested in some useless arguements of no profit! James 2:18-26 smiley

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 3:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
livingchrist:
clown where was it written in that verse that Jesus was talking about a body?

you obviously lack comprehension,
If a human body can heal itself how much more the spiritual body? The spiritual body can manifest in any way the spirit wants.
The scar on Jesus body was there to show his disciples that it was the same body, if it was not the his body it would have being a lie.

Ephesians 5:27 that which is Glorious doesn't have scars , dirts, wrinkles or ANY blemish.

If Jesus was raised glorified. He won't have scars , a wound is a blemish. That's not glorious.

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 3:54pm On Oct 22, 2020
livingchrist:
human bodies that are freezed do not ungo a decay does that mean that human bodies are incorruptible?

Those are dead bodies. They are rotten

These ones are not dead. Think!!

Congrats on your conferring to sinners an incorruptible body .

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 3:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
livingchrist:

Why did you dodge the greek interpretation?
Physical is a very weak interpretation, the right word is natural or soulish.
The body was not lost or discarded but only transformed from natural to spiritual.
'It was sown a natural body but restored a spiritual body

Sown a natural body means it was buried. , Yes or no ? If this doesn't refer to the buried physical body, you have comprehension issues. No wonder you are fluctuating the other time.

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by brocab: 9:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
The truth is the bible-outside the bible-you have nothing. And what is the bible-it's God's Word-you even use it yourselves-to prove a point..
Now anytime you may believe you may even be with the Lord-He doesn't look at denominations-He looks at heart. Matter of fact Jesus said His kingdom is not of this world.
He never called Himself a JW' the Watchtower had added what you believe is the organisation you call a denomination.
MaxInDHouse:

The bolded is the joke of our century! cheesy

There are over 41,000 different religions claiming denominations in Christendom, and even in the same denomination you're not speaking with one line of thought.
So where is the so called "WE" that's trying to help?
What is the name of the GROUP and how can an interested person grasp what this/these so called "WE" is teaching when you're not one in thought? cheesy
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 9:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
MaxInDHouse:

All these amounts to hopeless, useless, worthless, fruitless and senseless arguements if you can't present a GROUP amongst whom what you're carrying in your head is benefitial or operational! cheesy

Whether Jesus existed or not, lived or not, died or not, raised or not, what matters is where are those practicing what Jesus taught today?
If you can't present them as evidence, then know that your Jesus is just a fictional character.

I present to you the Organization of Jehovah's Witnesses!
Their Jesus taught them to make sure they LOVE fellow members just as he loved them {John 13:34-35} and the world can testify to the strong bond in their midst till today!
Their Jesus taught them to LOVE their neighbours as themselves {Mark 12:31} and the world knew JWs as the one and only group that often visit their neighbours at homes uninvited, to them all races are equal!
Their Jesus taught them never to use weapons in settling disputes {Matthew 26:52} the world knew them as the one and only group where members don't do any work having to do with carrying weapons!
Their Jesus taught them never to take part in the political affairs of the world {John 17:14; 18:36} the world knew them as a neutral group that will never take side during politics.
Their Jesus taught them to make peace at all times {Luke 6:29} so it's known globally that JWs are the only people who always sue for Peace.
Their Jesus taught them to speak with one voice and maintain the oneness always {John 17:20-23} globally everyone knows the beliefs of this group as unique!

Please present a better performing group before calling me out so i can compare and contrast i'm not interested in some useless arguements of no profit! James 2:18-26 smiley
how does this relate to the question?
JW is a cult same attribute with other cult groups.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 9:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

Ephesians 5:27 that which is Glorious doesn't have scars , dirts, wrinkles or ANY blemish.

If Jesus was raised glorified. He won't have scars , a wound is a blemish. That's not glorious.
where in Ephesians did paul mention body?
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 9:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

Those are dead bodies. They are rotten

These ones are not dead. Think!!

Congrats on your conferring to sinners an incorruptible body .
@ bolded, It doesnt matter Whether the bodies are dead or alive. When last did you go for check up, so a body preserved by ice that is fresh, is rotten?

The question is not whether they are dead or alive but are the bodies incorruptible, since they did not decay?

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 9:31pm On Oct 22, 2020
Barristter07:

Sown a natural body means it was buried. , Yes or no ? If this doesn't refer to the buried physical body, you have comprehension issues. No wonder you are fluctuating the other time.
youa are not well, since you left the substance to chase shadows.
Is that verse talking of physical bodies or natural bodies?

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:45pm On Oct 22, 2020
livingchrist:
how does this relate to the question?
JW is a cult same attribute with other cult groups.

So you think i care for your useless question shey? cheesy

Only JWs exhibits what proves that Jesus is real and ironically you just confirmed they're truly Jesus' followers because you ignored all the fine works and referred to them as "CULT" {Matthew 10:25} please just present a better performing group than JWs or never mention me again because i'm not interested in a Jesus that's worthless. My interest is in a Jesus like that of the JWs that's functional amongst his followers! wink

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by johnw47: 10:38pm On Oct 22, 2020
johnw47:

i know that you are trivina, and that mad max's is your own husband

AkinwaleJJ:

Now i know you're just a clown!

Zzor:
This is what I want,am I asking for too much.Im tired of being single and unmarried

AkinwaleJJ:
[size=8pt][/size]
Hmmmmmmmm....

Why didn't you come for the wedding?

At least you might be lucky, after all it's not everyone there that's a JW.

I am T-r-i-v-i-n-a

Zzor:
Ha!!! good morning ma,i hope you are both doing good,you decided to reveal yourself when he deactivated lol.My regards ma

AkinwaleJJ:

He decided to quit due to two much attention from different Nairalanders, though we're not poor but we are not that rich. Then too many emails begging for jobs and financial assistance!
So i hope you're doing fine too, but you almost stole my man from me if not for his strong heart!

Zzor:
lol,i wouldn't have done that type of thing to anyone,i was alerted earlier by tatime.lol

AkinwaleJJ:

Tatime is another trouble maker like Max, they both met on Nairaland and ever since then become bosom friends. Anyway he was the one hinting me with everything you and your (SD) were doing in my back on Nairaland and he gave me his password so many times i do log in as Tatime to read and also comment.
But it's like both of them finally decided to opt out, so this morning when i tried to log in with Tatime's account i just realized it's no more going so i joined Nairaland fully.

trivina, you false jw's are liars and deceivers
taking after your father and god, satan the devil:

Joh 8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 10:47pm On Oct 22, 2020
Honestly speaking Mr i think you need a job!
johnw47:

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by johnw47: 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
AkinwaleJJ:
Honestly speaking Mr i think you need a job!

"Honestly speaking" ha ha ha

false jw trivina
that's a pathetic reply to your deceiving and lies,
isn't it dum dum
Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 7:08am On Oct 23, 2020
livingchrist:
youa are not well, since you left the substance to chase shadows.
Is that verse talking of physical bodies or natural bodies?

They are the same . Natural/physical body is the buried body.

Natural meaning

relating to earthly human or physical nature as distinct from the spiritual or supernatural realm.

English dictionary. U no hear oyinbo grin

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:20am On Oct 23, 2020
All these is grammatical.
Let's face reality, where are those practicing what they're saying that's inconsequential?
Everybody know Jehovah's Witnesses, what we believe and so they know what to expect from a JW due to our unique Faith. But where/who are upholding what these confused dullards are saying?
That's what i want to know!
For the past few days there is chaos, killings, mourning, outcry, looting, destruction of lives and properties in Nigeria. The one and only group that can speak emphatically that their members are no part of these is JWs! John 17:14-16
So what are they arguing blindly for all these while? undecided

Barristter07:

Natural meaning
relating to earthly human or physical nature as distinct from the spiritual or supernatural realm.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 7:34am On Oct 23, 2020
livingchrist:
where in Ephesians did paul mention body?

Paul defined what it means when something is glorified, it won't have blemishes or scars. At 1 Corinthians 15:43 he mention it again when he said .. " It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory"
What is a DISHONOR ?.the scars, burns, blemishes on the buried body.

Jesus body is not glorified , a wound is a dishonor to the body.

Now as for bodies you said are freezed in Ice , incorruptible means not subject to death or decay. Do you have sense ?

Unlike ressurected sinners body that won't die or decay. grin

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 7:48am On Oct 23, 2020
Barristter07:

Natural meaning

which dictionary tell you that natural is physical nature?

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by AkinwaleJJ(f): 7:49am On Oct 23, 2020
So you took the pain through Romance section, reading and copying my comments with Roseline all because you want to gossip about a man who told you his wife loves su*king his d**k!
I'll advise you Mr, stay of drugs and go get a job at least that will keep you busy as a real man!
Nobody will castigate him for telling you what he does in private with his wife, there must have been a discussion between you two leading to that and nothing's gonna happen even if you cry over it from now till eternity!
johnw47:

"Honestly speaking" ha ha ha
false jw trivina
that's a pathetic reply to your deceiving and lies,
isn't it dum dum

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 7:57am On Oct 23, 2020
Barristter07:

Paul defined what it means when something is glorified, it won't have blemishes or scars. At 1 Corinthians 15:43 he mention it again when he said .. " It is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory"
What is a DISHONOR ?.the scars, burns, blemishes on the buried body.

Jesus body is not glorified , a wound is a dishonor to the body.

Now as for bodies you said are freezed in Ice , incorruptible means not subject to death or decay. Do you have sense ?

Unlike ressurected sinners body that won't die or decay. grin

olodo, where in Ephesians 5 is paul talking of the resurrection body?

Ephesians 5:26-27 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

You are nothing but a charlatan.

@bolded God didnt allow Jesus body to suffer corruption, does that mean Jesus body didnt die?

Acts 2:31
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Acts 13:35
Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:36
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37
But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 8:03am On Oct 23, 2020
Corruption simply means decay, it does not mean death.
Those that are throw in to hell will suffer decay (corruption) but their body will never disappear

Mark 9:44
Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Mark 9:46

Mark 9:48

1 Like

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 8:26am On Oct 23, 2020
livingchrist:
olodo, where in Ephesians 5 is paul talking of the resurrection body?

Ephesians 5:26-27 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

You are nothing but a charlatan.
The point stand out that what is glorious cannot have blemishes or scars. Would the church be called Glorious if it has blemishes ? Am emphasising on the meaning of Glorious. That which is perfect and without any blemish.

At 1Corinthians 15 he mention that a body buried is buried with it's DISHONOR, the scars, burns, blemishes, but which is the opposite of raised in glory.

To claim Jesus have scars is to accept he was raised in DISHONOR with which he was buried.

@bolded God didnt allow Jesus body to suffer corruption, does that mean Jesus body didnt die?

Acts 2:31
He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, [b]neither his flesh did see corruption.

Acts 13:35
Wherefore he saith also in another psalm, Thou shalt not suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

Acts 13:36
For David, after he had served his own generation by the will of God, fell on sleep, and was laid unto his fathers, and saw corruption:

Acts 13:37
But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.

Corruption means not seeing the process of decay. INCORRUPTIBLE means not subject to death. Does not see corruption doesn't make it INCORRUPTIBLE . English is still your problem.

Here are proves that you confer INCORRUPTIBLE body to sinners

Firstly. The body cannot die.

Secondly. It can withstand fire forever.

No decay, neither does it die.

2 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by Barristter07: 8:30am On Oct 23, 2020
livingchrist:
which dictionary tell you that natural is physical nature?

You have finished yourself with that dictionary you quoted. Quote definition 12 according to Mariam webster for Natural on this thread

3 Likes

Re: After Jesus’ Resurrection, Was His Body Flesh Or Spirit? by livingchrist: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Barristter07:

The point stand out that what is glorious cannot have blemishes or scars. Would the church be called Glorious if it has blemishes ? Am emphasising on the meaning of Glorious. That which is perfect and without any blemish.
so, you have shifted now, good. My point is that paul was not talking of the resurrection body.
Blemishes there does not mean scar but sin, do get your facts right.

At 1Corinthians 15 he mention that a body buried is buried with it's DISHONOR, the scars, burns, blemishes, but which is the opposite of raised in glory.

To claim Jesus have scars is to accept he was raised in DISHONOR with which he was buried.
who told you Jesus scar was a dishonor?

Corruption means not seeing the process of decay. INCORRUPTIBLE means not subject to death. Does not see corruption doesn't make it INCORRUPTIBLE . English is still your problem.

Here are proves that you confer INCORRUPTIBLE body to sinners

Firstly. The body cannot die.

Secondly. It can withstand fire forever.

No decay, neither does it die.
do you know how foolish you sound? So corruption means decay but incorruption means not subject to death?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (89) (Reply)

A Cobra Was Found In My Office - Bishop Oyedepo / I'm Richer Than Bill Gates - Pastor Adeboye / Pandemonium As Masquerades And Lord's Chosen Mopols Encounter In Public. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.