Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (60055 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Surfacebaba: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
chaii,God pls I want to go and work in Switzerland so help.me.God. and niaja to even pay 30k na yawa.bad government.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by jimter44(m): 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

You are very correct. When Nigerians abroad, they follow queue at airport and obey traffic, but they don't do such things here.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by ekerintee: 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2020
When they increase minimum wage like that ,it is to tell you that the cost of living in such country is high when compared to other countries.You have got to pay heavy house rent every month ,pay for electricity monthly,water , internet and other utilities.so when you remove ,taxes and every other thing from it ,it amounts to nothing.
In Nigeria ,we only pay rent once in a year and not monthly and in some European countries ,u may be paying more than 300k naira monthly on rent.

Sheisenough01:
What they won't tell you is that the cost of loving in Switzerland is very high due to NGOs and other factors.

The increase is to ensure their citizens can meet up with the high cost of living. Rent, food, taxes gulp a lot.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Barbsamiin: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
kiddkash:

companies will leave and unemployment will soar high.

which employers have that kind of money to be paying people.

Imagine a company that has about 3,200 staff, that is 65,600,000,000
what does the company produce that they'll decide to pay such an amount

after paying tax, VAT, land use charge, income tax and then employees are paid, wht will be left for the owner of the business.
companies don't run on losses
True.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by subcbouy: 7:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:
God, when?
Is able in due season. gringringrin
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Mrjaz(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
I need visa for Swaziland
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by joewy02: 7:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
What business can one run with 200k in lagos
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by themanderon: 7:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Yet this is a country not as blessed as us when it comes to natural resources. I don't think Nigerians are fully capable of governing themselves.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DexterousOne(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

Well said
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
Make I dust my PASSPORT.....
Straight to SWISS LAND...
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by donprinyo(m): 7:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Check the tax percentage.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Iamthoney(m): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
* ₦9,646 Per hour

* ₦1,731,472 Per month

* ₦20,495,686 Per Annum

Geneva is set to introduce 'the world's highest minimum wage' which will equate to £41,430 ($53,370) a year around £3,500 ($4,510) a month.

The alterations, which had been rejected by voters twice before in both 2011 and 2014, will now come into effect from October 17.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794859/Geneva-introduce-worlds-highest-minimum-wage-41-430-year.html?ito=social-facebook
Switzerland loading for me
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Kingwadada85(m): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Even if na trek make person go dia jare...just one year you are a millionaire
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by samwillyco1(m): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please who can send me there, I will pay back with interest
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sagay212: 7:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
And they don't allow anyhow people to enter into their country. They cannot suffer to build their country while some africans abandon their useless leaders and want to go enjoy what others suffered to build. Switzerland is a beautiful country with highly disciplined people.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by toprealman: 8:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
When a former senator will cough out $1M to pick up a car and everyone is hailing him. How can we catch up with the rest of the world?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by brainhgeek(m): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Dear Lord, I am not complaining on why you sent me to naija but ehn, just help my faith in your son to make heaven which I know is better than Switzerland or Kuwait.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by jUeLiZ: 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
I'm relocating over to Switzerland ASAP
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by KrazyDave16(m): 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2020
Is like this is one of my top destinations.

Thank God my understanding of German isn't dead yet...
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ustec: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:
country wey dey work,unlike our darling daddy wey dey busy dey fight corruption
So he should stop fighting corruption in the little way he can and also ordered the agencies to keep mute about any cases like the previous government right?
Yet you want your corrupt country to be like Switzerland.
Nigeria will never be great,no be curse.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ustec: 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:
country wey dey work,unlike our darling daddy wey dey busy dey fight corruption
So he should stop fighting corruption in the little way he can and also ordered the agencies to keep mute about any corrupt cases like the previous government right?
Yet you want your corrupt country to be like Switzerland.
Nigeria will never be great again,no be curse.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
I don't know if to say this is a good news or bad news. But the fact is that with higher purchasing power of the Swiss people, things will become more expensive, which is bad for immigrants and people who don't earn that much. So maybe the trick will be to work in Switzerland but living in neighbouring countries.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by tfelicityk(m): 8:28pm On Oct 03, 2020
Even the so called politicians will never allowed it to come through in this Nation...

The minister of Labour frustrated the minimum wage of just #30,000 to be in existence...

Let stop comparing this Nation with other Nations.

Nigeria
Good people, Great Nation
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by thesmallgod(m): 8:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
Maybe you should try to check most expensive countries to live. The cost of living in Switzerland is mad
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by lereinter(m): 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
You cant be born and live most of your life in nigeria and miss heaven
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by xamuell: 8:44pm On Oct 03, 2020
Princedapace:

That of Nigeria is long gone. Tribalism will never allow the people to hold their leaders accountable.
Too many tribes for one nation if you ask me. Instead of our diversity being a strength, it's more of a weakness.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2020
ekerintee:
When they increase minimum wage like that ,it is to tell you that the cost of living in such country is high when compared to other countries.You have got to pay heavy house rent every month ,pay for electricity monthly,water , internet and other utilities.so when you remove ,taxes and every other thing from it ,it amounts to nothing.
In Nigeria ,we only pay rent once in a year and not monthly and in some European countries ,u may be paying more than 300k naira monthly on rent.

And you think the cost of living in Nigeria is not high, here we cut corners and compromise that is why the cost of living looks low, if you were to live according to standard you go feel am.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by WoundedLamb: 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
* ₦9,646 Per hour

* ₦1,731,472 Per month

* ₦20,495,686 Per Annum

Geneva is set to introduce 'the world's highest minimum wage' which will equate to £41,430 ($53,370) a year around £3,500 ($4,510) a month.

The alterations, which had been rejected by voters twice before in both 2011 and 2014, will now come into effect from October 17.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794859/Geneva-introduce-worlds-highest-minimum-wage-41-430-year.html?ito=social-facebook

Nice one. Though for a family of four, this may not still be enough if only the man is working.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ultimategeneral: 8:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
planetx:
You should also tell the gullible Nigerians you are trying to impress that a two bedroom apartment in Geneva cost almost $4000 monthly(#1.6 million)
very expensive I must say,but then imagine working for 5hrs and being paid $25.12 per hr ?that will amount to $125.6 per day.
An average person works at least 5 days which is $628 now multiply it by 27 days that gives you about $16,956 (#6,443,280). why won't an average Nigerian like myself go there?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by solex1988(m): 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
Baba,what can you say on this?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by anonimi: 8:52pm On Oct 03, 2020

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Princedapace(m): 8:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
xamuell:
Too many tribes for one nation if you ask me. Instead of our diversity being a strength, it's more of a weakness.

It can never be a strength. It is only a strength to the political class and weakness to the masses.

It can only be a strength to all if we practice a political model used in the UK or the system used in the usa. Unitary federalism is terrible in a multi nation like ours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Brila FM Sacks Murphy Ijemba (radio Paparazi), Sean Amadi Others / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.