Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,608 members, 7,958,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 05:32 AM

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (60515 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by anonimi: 8:57pm On Oct 03, 2020
solex1988:
Baba,what can you say on this?

The only thing that Barawo Bubu and his Association of Past/Present Criminals, APC rogues can say on this is to make our fuel price the same as Switzerland’s.
EOD!

anonimi:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/6480809_5848557img20161209131002jpeg02799772d9a2139ede82f717845b6ec4_jpeg1a6f3a2ae2cda1e26a7ff9bc122d1b45

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6480765_tmpcam1965379070_jpegb4b2c4e65e50ec8adfba2744e8c0f8a8

stephenduru:
Minister with the highest portfolio in President Buhari's administration Babatunde Fashola told Federal Government to bring down fuel price on December 7,2014 when there was oil slump.

Politics is a game.Has any minister told Buhari to bring down fuel so far?Mehn!We are suffering.The earlier the better

www.nairaland.com/attachments/3115090_seunoloketuyi1223747310596353674000681876567738n_jpegf23910bd963a3dbb9d74ad4621bdda8b

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by anonimi: 8:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
xamuell:
Too many tribes for one nation if you ask me. Instead of our diversity being a strength, it's more of a weakness.

How many tribes/nationalities are in America, a country of migrants?

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Witnes: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

Citizen loun loun

Why not start from work visa/permit or permanent resident.
How can I get or some simple method acquiring Australia or Sweden work visa permit or permanent resident permit? pls help
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Happy2020: 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
This is not a lot in “Switzerland”. The cost of
Living is 5 times what it cost in the states in a comparable lifestyle. It’s deceiving but it looks good on paper.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by marvin906(m): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ultimategeneral:

very expensive I must say,but then imagine working for 5hrs and being paid $25.12 per hr ?that will amount to $125.6 per day.
An average person works at least 5 days which is $628 now multiply it by 27 days that gives you about $16,956 (#6,443,280). why won't an average Nigerian like myself go there?

please minus tax, light Bill,water bill,food, clothing from that money..
if you think that with this you would become. millionaire in one year working there..
your in for a rude awakening..
you don't know that country especially Geneva..
the US is cheaper even singapore i consider expensive dey learn work for swiss hand
how many companies will pay this money
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by laiperi: 9:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
Keep on comparing Apples to agbalumo, you hia.

Apples says he is happy in his country which is well run. Agbalumo says he is not happy because the cost of living in Apple is too high.

If no be kraz, Apple cares about your country? Abi dem invite you before you say you must eat apple before you die.

Stay in your lane or country and stop holding up traffic.

You ever hia say doctors dey complain that they are making about the same as common man?

Can you compare the percentage of poverty with US?

Happy2020:
This is not a lot in “Switzerland”. The cost of
Living is 5 times what it cost in the states in a comparable lifestyle. It’s deceiving but it looks good on paper.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by jimcaddy(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
In Nigeria, it is ten quarter of that. It is in Nigeria that minimum wage is so low, yet the cost of goods keep rising. Cost of electricity keeps rising, cost of fuel keeps rising, salaries keep getting slashed. Yet the government of Nigeria wants us to do magic and expect the minimum wage to be sufficient. Only in Nigeria will a graduate be earning 40k as salary. Everyone in the world keeps stepping up. Only Nigeria keeps living in the past.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by icebird25(m): 9:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Na to go dey bomb Switzerland be the next thing now o... Na joke o
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Bigsunny01(m): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Jesus shocked

Na who do us dis tin? embarassed embarassed
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Bigsunny01(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2020
jimcaddy:
In Nigeria, it is ten quarter of that. It is in Nigeria that minimum wage is so low, yet the cost of goods keep rising. Cost of electricity keeps rising, cost of fuel keeps rising, salaries keep getting slashed. Yet the government of Nigeria wants us to do magic and expect the minimum wage to be sufficient. Only in Nigeria will a graduate be earning 40k as salary. Everyone in the world keeps stepping up. Only Nigeria keeps living in the past.

Broda how many will fit talk

I just pray dat God should gather all of dem together in one meeting and collapse a building on top of dem

Dis people don milk us finish
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by migeoart(f): 10:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
Nigeria and this kind of news is like parallel line
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by rafcrown(m): 10:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
By Dauralisation
TourismMan:
How do I become a citizen of this nation?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by rafcrown(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
I have been to Luxembourg but no time yet to visit Switzerland.
Iceyjayz:
This is a country that works unlike that shíthole that politicians earns more than it's citizens, Nigerian politicians earns more than all the politicians in the world while it's citizens survive mainly on meagre $100 per month, it's such a shame, a big shame. reason why that country can never be a giant of Africa.

my plans is to visit Luxembourg and Switzerland, I've been to some European countries but visiting those two countries is a must.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Dextre(m): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
KaptainAfrika:
Bullshit! If the white man no 'gree collect, where them for keep their loot?

Bullshit! Why dem nor go collect? Dem go come ur house install AC,you go say no?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by xamuell: 10:27pm On Oct 03, 2020
anonimi:

How many tribes/nationalities are in America, a country of migrants?
I agree that America is multicultural but is that serving as a barrier? Only race is.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by JordanMichael(m): 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
sapientia:
Buhari should come and compare.
This not Saudi Arabia grin
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ultimategeneral: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2020
marvin906:

please minus tax, light Bill,water bill,food, clothing from that money..
if you think that with this you would become. millionaire in one year working there..
your in for a rude awakening..
you don't know that country especially Geneva..
the US is cheaper even singapore i consider expensive dey learn work for swiss hand
how many companies will pay this money
My brother it's all about the exchange rates no hustling Nigerian cares about flexing and living large in another mans land.
working under someone and hoping to be a millionaire without investments is like a pipe dream (almost impossible I must say).
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sarang(f): 10:35pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ultimategeneral:

very expensive I must say,but then imagine working for 5hrs and being paid $25.12 per hr ?that will amount to $125.6 per day.
An average person works at least 5 days which is $628 now multiply it by 27 days that gives you about $16,956 (#6,443,280). why won't an average Nigerian like myself go there?

Lmao your calculation is so weird and WRONG!!!
I know a lot of people who earn 30-35 dollars here in Canada and no they don’t make 16 grand a month

Full-time work is 40hours a week. 8hrs a day
25.12 * 40
40*4=4019.20

Or
25.12 * 8=200.96
200.96 *5= 1004.80
1004.80 *4= 4019.20

In a place where the price of apartments are in thousands this is not even enough..!
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sonnie10: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
grin
Explorers
I think there's a confusion.
You said that swiss' own is triple of that of U.S.A
And that the USA operates at 7.25 per hour
Which is 7.25x24=$174 Per day

174x30=$5220 per month
5220x385=#2,009,700 per month
2009700x12=#24,116,400 per year.
... this is for USA.

Now, how come the Swiss' #20.5 million annual minimum wage triples that of USA??

Therefore, the Swiss is not the highest minimum wage in the world, according to what you wrote.
Oga Explorers please check and modify where necessary.
Thanks, just an observation.

Nobody works 24hours in day. Work schedule is usually 8hr or 12hours. Even if you have two jobs, you still need time to commute between the two. Also, you take mandatory brakes within those hours. But most importantly, you still have to sleep. The time you would have to go back home, sleep and get ready for the next job would take up at least 8hours of the 24 hours in a day.
This is the reality calculation. The most you can do is 16hours straight and nothing more. There might even be labor laws that prohibits people from 24hours straight shift.
The truth is, no one can live a good life on minimum wage anywhere.

3 Likes

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ultimategeneral: 10:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sarang:

Really? correct me pls.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sarang(f): 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ultimategeneral:

Really? correct me pls.

I did
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 10:46pm On Oct 03, 2020
abeg how much switzerland work visa and air ticket i want to check something
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ultimategeneral: 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sarang:

I know a lot of people who earn 30-35 dollars here in Canada and no they don’t make 16 grand a month

Full-time work is 40hours a week. 8hrs a day
25.12 * 40
40*4=4019.20

Or
25.12 * 8=200.96
200.96 *5= 1004.80
1004.80 *4= 4019.20

In a place where the price of apartments are in thousands this is not even enough..!

Thanks for the correction I actually saw where I made mistake. I multiply days twice.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
sonnie10:

Nobody works 24hours in day. Work schedule is usually 8hr or 12hours. Even if you have two jobs, you still need time to commute between the two. Also, you take mandatory brakes within those hours. But most importantly, you still have to sleep. The time you would have to go back home, sleep and get ready for the next job would take up at least 8hours of the 24 hours in a day.
This is the reality calculation. The most you can do is 16hours straight and nothing more. There might even be labor laws that prohibits people from 24hours straight shift.
The truth is, no one can live a good life on minimum wage anywhere.
most of the jobs has double shift which are day shift and night shift,
Like hospitals, factory workers, construction companies etc. If you can combine the two shifts together in two different companies, then you're good to go,

I know a kinsman that works 24hours round the clock, this week, he's on morning shift in the other company and night shift in another company. He has been doing it there in Germany even before he got married to a white lady

The same way you calculated it as regards to USA is the same way you should've calculated it for Switzerland, no body works 24hours in either countries, it's considered illegal but our people *like my kinsman* secretly engages in it.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sonnie10: 11:05pm On Oct 03, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
most of the jobs has double shift which are day shift and night shift,
Like hospitals, factory workers, construction companies etc. If you can combine the two shifts together in two different companies, then you're good to go,

I know a kinsman that works 24hours round the clock, this week, he's on morning shift in the other company and night shift in another company. He has been doing it there in Germany even before he got married to a white lady

The same way you calculated it as regards to USA is the same way you should've calculated it for Switzerland, no body works 24hours in either countries, it's considered illegal but our people *like my kinsman* secretly engages in it.

Please help me to understand how you would get 24hours round the clock.
If your schedule for 12hours shift is 8am -8pm in one company, what time would your shift schedule in the other company be for you to get another 12hours?
Even if you start at next job at 9pm it is going to be 9pm-9am to make another 12hours . Now here is the problem, you would have been at least 1hour late by the time you go back to the first job the next day at 9am (assuming that other job is just next door).
You cannot do that or you might get fired.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by BruncleZuma: 11:06pm On Oct 03, 2020
Fellow Nigerians, all una money wen dem thief nah eem don turn minimum wage.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Yaks02(m): 11:08pm On Oct 03, 2020
TourismMan:
How do I become a citizen of this nation?

My question as well
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Yaks02(m): 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

Citizen loun loun
Why not start from work visa/permit or permanent resident.
How can someone starts?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Bigsunny01(m): 11:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
JordanMichael:

This not Saudi Arabia grin

Even de Saudi Arabia he compared us with go and check their minimum wage
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 11:41pm On Oct 03, 2020
sonnie10:

Please help me to understand how you would get 24hours round the clock.
If your schedule for 12hours shift is 8am -8pm in one company, what time would your shift schedule in the other company be for you to get another 12hours?
Even if you start at next job at 9pm it is going to be 9pm-9am to make another 12hours . Now here is the problem, you would have been at least 1hour late by the time you go back to the first job the next day at 9am (assuming that other job is just next door).
You cannot do that or you might get fired.
yeah I understand where you're driving at,
It may not actually be 24 hours exactly, but the main point is that many Nigerians work round the clock in the USA,

What's important is to be at your place of work at the proper time (whether day or night shift).

My kinsman, works from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm for morning shift and 06:00 pm to 06:00 am for night shift there in Germany.
So you can see that it's easy to combine the two shifts in two different companies together.
That means he has close to 4hrs daily for himself and 20hrs for work.
Meanwhile there's no much work on night shift, they sleep all night.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Vivian16: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
our darling daddy is busy fighting corruption by the time he recovers all the looted money he will use it and pay us this type of minimum wage so chil, Rome was not built in a day na small small

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) / My Twin Took My Place At Work So I Could Go On Vacation - Now I’m In Trouble / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.