Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,871 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 PM

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) - Career (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (60036 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by aspirebig: 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2020
Canada, USA and Australia gat wake up..

More money for those Swiss people, World HQs are not there for nothing.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sonnie10: 11:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
yeah I understand where you're driving at,
It may not actually be 24 hours exactly, but the main point is that many Nigerians work round the clock in the USA,

What's important is to be at your place of work at the proper time (whether day or night shift).

My kinsman, works from 08:00 am to 04:00 pm for morning shift and 06:00 pm to 06:00 am for night shift there in Germany.
So you can see that it's easy to combine the two shifts in two different companies together.
That means he has close to 4hrs daily for himself and 20hrs for work.
Meanwhile there's no much work on night shift, they sleep all night.

Actually your total 20hours a day is wrong. You have to factor in break for both jobs which is 2hours. The most he gets on a day based on that is 18hours.
Now let me tell you what might interest you. The total amount you take home for working 18hours a day in a week might be just a few dollars more if you were to work 16hours straight a day in one job and go home because of the tax implication of working more hours in a pay period.
So, instead of jumping from one job to another to make 18hours, working 16hours straight in one job would be more convenient and rewarding.

How does he sleep at work year after year without being caught? He must be very lucky.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by planetx: 12:05am On Oct 04, 2020
Ultimategeneral:

very expensive I must say,but then imagine working for 5hrs and being paid $25.12 per hr ?that will amount to $125.6 per day.
An average person works at least 5 days which is $628 now multiply it by 27 days that gives you about $16,956 (#6,443,280). why won't an average Nigerian like myself go there?
Remove 40 to 50 % on tax and medical deductions or you think Switzerland is Nigeria.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 12:10am On Oct 04, 2020
sonnie10:

How does he sleep at work year after year without being caught? He must be very lucky.
my kinsman once told me that without working that way ie 20hrs, you may not be able to meet up with the cost of living in the country with your single shift salary. Meanwhile, no one will even force you or encourage you to combine double shifts in two different companies as it's considered illegal, it's strictly based on your choice.

As a guard, he receives €800 equivalent to $950 per month in a single shift,
Now, considering living in a big city like Stuttgart with such pay, he said that's what prompted him like many other Nigerians to over stress (as we call it here in Nigeria) themselves by picking up a double shift in two different companies.
By the grace of God, his monthly payment is now close to $2k which is close to a million+ in our local currency.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by planetx: 12:22am On Oct 04, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
my kinsman once told me that without working that way ie 20hrs, you may not be able to meet up with the cost of living in the country with your single shift salary. Meanwhile, no one will even force you or encourage you to combine double shifts in two different companies as it's considered illegal, it's strictly based on your choice.

Now, considering living in a big city like Stuttgart with such pay, he said that's what prompted him like many other Nigerians to over stress (as we call it here in Nigeria) themselves by picking up a double shift in two different companies.
By the grace of God, his monthly payment is now close to $2k which is close to a million+ in our local currency.
$2k a month in Germany is basically borderline poverty level.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Earnonline7: 12:25am On Oct 04, 2020
BUHari that is your mate
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by unikwa: 12:38am On Oct 04, 2020
Salary means nothing. The question is, what is the purchasing power?

Accommodation for a month in Bern, for one person, will cost in the region of $1,366, or $86 a night in an Airbnb.

A meal will cost you approximately $15-$20, with an additional beer costing around $6.00 and coffee costing around $5.00 a cup.

Switzerland is the 3rd most expensive country in the world. https://wealthygorilla.com/most-expensive-countries/
#2. Cayman Islands
#1. Bermuda

Having said that, Switzerland has a high standard of living. I also love the quality of their products. Something for Buhari to aspire toward.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Tjiaz(m): 12:38am On Oct 04, 2020
It’s a shame I’m still in this country, Lord please save me from this place.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sonnie10: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:

Your uncle is very stingy with himself. What stops him from taking even if it is a certificate course to move away from the minimum wage category. In a place like the US, a one year LVN course could move him for $7.5/hr wage to a $27/hr wage. Even if he does not have head for book, a trade certification like plumbing or air/ heat technician would give him 3 to 4 times more than minimum wage.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 1:01am On Oct 04, 2020
.... na to relocate from The United States straight....
I must be a partaker.

GOD has always done it for me.
GOD knows I have too many people in Nigeria waiting to have their share. grin grin
Switzerland is the most peaceful country with insignificant Prostitution, therefore it will be a stunning serenity to raise kids.
Hope their TAXATION won't kill someone like that of the United Kingdom..
United States TAXATION sweet wella
Anyway, I will give it a try.
It may be a WIN WIN decision.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 1:20am On Oct 04, 2020
planetx:
he did himself in...,
When he was preparing to travel to Germany, we adviced him to stay back but NO, he wants to leave because everyone has travelled out of Nigeria.
He went there without a certificate., There family members spent a huge sum of money realised from the shutting down ie selling of his shop, withdrawal of all his life savings, from sales of land etc, that he could've used to support his business.
But nevertheless, he was able to replace all,
And it's better that way than engage in illegal activities like drug pushing or Cyber crime.
He even got married to a white lady and they're very comfortable.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 1:23am On Oct 04, 2020
sonnie10:

Your uncle is very stingy with himself. What stops him from taking even if it is a certificate course to move away from the minimum wage category. In a place like the US, a one year LVN course could move him for $7.5/hr wage to a $27/hr wage. Even if he does not have head for book, a trade certification like plumbing or air/ heat technician would give him 3 to 4 times more than minimum wage.
He's not my uncle, a man in our age bracket, we grew up together in the same kindred,
he did himself in...,
When he was preparing to travel to Germany, we adviced him to stay back but NO, he wants to leave because everyone has travelled out of Nigeria.
He went there without a certificate., There family members spent a huge sum of money realised from the shutting down ie selling of his shop, withdrawal of all his life savings, from sales of land etc, that he could've used to support his business.
But nevertheless, he was able to replace all,
And it's better that way than engage in illegal activities like drug pushing or Cyber crime.
He even got married to a white lady and they're very comfortable.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by 99thEnemy(m): 2:09am On Oct 04, 2020
Abacha loot and the likes of it making things happen grin grin grin grin

Swiss offshore policy helped the country develop to what they are now.

We don't care how and where you got your money, grin grin grin we will keep it safe for you while we hope you die leaving us with it grin
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yemi1504: 3:04am On Oct 04, 2020
Explorers:
* ₦9,646 Per hour

* ₦1,731,472 Per month

* ₦20,495,686 Per Annum

Geneva is set to introduce 'the world's highest minimum wage' which will equate to £41,430 ($53,370) a year around £3,500 ($4,510) a month.

The alterations, which had been rejected by voters twice before in both 2011 and 2014, will now come into effect from October 17.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794859/Geneva-introduce-worlds-highest-minimum-wage-41-430-year.html?ito=social-facebook

And I was born in a Shith0le country SMH.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yemi1504: 3:08am On Oct 04, 2020
lincsnuel:
Chai, Buhari come and see your mates o. And he was busy comparing us with Saudi Arabia.

In my own country, the minimum wage is currently less than 100 USD yet the government finds it difficult to pay.

Nigeria government can never decide to review the minimum wage up, the NLC must protest, then after a long protest, they go on numerous meetings with the government that always ends in deadlock. Even when it's finally implemented, governors will take years to fully implement it.

Sad situation of a Shith0le country! I am cursed to be a Nigerian! SMH Sigh.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yemi1504: 3:16am On Oct 04, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
grin
Explorers
I think there's a confusion.
You said that swiss' own is triple of that of U.S.A
And that the USA operates at 7.25 per hour
Which is 7.25x24=$174 Per day

174x30=$5220 per month
5220x385=#2,009,700 per month
2009700x12=#24,116,400 per year.
... this is for USA.

Now, how come the Swiss' #20.5 million annual minimum wage triples that of USA??

Therefore, the Swiss is not the highest minimum wage in the world, according to what you wrote.
Oga Explorers please check and modify where necessary.
Thanks, just an observation.

Doesn't work like that bro! You can't work for 24 hours in the United States or Canada, the most you can work is 40 hours and at most 10 hours of overtime per week due to government regulations which equates to 8 to 10 hours per day with the upper bound including maximum overtime. I have been in Canada for five years and worked there for three years, so I know what I am saying. Hope you learned something. Now, change your calculations sir with this new information. Have a great day sir and happy Sunday.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yemi1504: 3:22am On Oct 04, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
You may think it is good news but this will forcè people out of their jobs when employers cant pay.

As a rule in economics, the more you increase minimum wages, the higher the increase in unemployment

Not really true bro! Wrong assertion! In working societies and same climes such as Switzerland's, due consultations were of course made with employers and employees and their respective unions, employers specifically, because they hold the bread knife, before the new minimum wage was arrived at. Hope you learned something new today. Thank you! and Happy Sunday.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yemi1504: 3:24am On Oct 04, 2020
Ausrichie:

This same comment again. gringrin don't worry, one day we will leave this prison.

AMEN o!
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by BluntNigerian: 3:26am On Oct 04, 2020
Explorers:
This is more than triple that in the United States, which operates at £5.63 ($7.25) per hour, and more than double the basic hourly rate in the United Kingdom of £8.72 ($11.23).

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794859/Geneva-introduce-worlds-highest-minimum-wage-41-430-year.html?ito=social-facebook
Please can you help us convert Nigeria’s minimum wage to Pounds (and Dollars) per hour rate??
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by calcal: 3:30am On Oct 04, 2020
their population is not 200 millions
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sokkatua: 4:19am On Oct 04, 2020
The cost of living in Switzerland is ridiculously high ,my brother makes $80000 a year working for a law firm in Zurich yet he's barely surviving
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by BuhariCarryGo: 6:46am On Oct 04, 2020
lai lai
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by shugabasbn: 6:51am On Oct 04, 2020
When I become President....
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by ilemona4u: 7:10am On Oct 04, 2020
sowilli:
The reality is you don’t have to be in Switzerland to capitalize on this opportunity. Many employers will be looking towards this region as labor is cheaper and covid has made remote work new normal. The question is are you upskilling? You don’t have to curse Nigeria, that’s not what the thread is about.
how bro? pls expantiate
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sylve11: 7:28am On Oct 04, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

na so............. cool
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by askakim(m): 7:41am On Oct 04, 2020
Vision Relocation to Switzerland by 2021....i forget about Canada straight by God Grace
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by maste: 7:50am On Oct 04, 2020
Nobody can compare light with darkness. This nation has been under the control of thieves, murderers, nepotists and brainless vagabonds since the beginning. Tell me how rulers of Nigeria and those of Switzerland will end up in the same place after death. Be not deceived, GOD is not mocked!!!
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by lincsnuel: 8:19am On Oct 04, 2020
yemi1504:

Sad situation of a Shith0le country! I am cursed to be a Nigerian! SMH Sigh.

You're not cursed bro. The problem is that in a country with more stupid people than smart people, the stupid people will keep on voting in their type. That is the situation in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sarang(f): 8:29am On Oct 04, 2020
aspirebig:
Canada, USA and Australia gat wake up..

More money for those Swiss people, World HQs are not there for nothing.

Lol people just like to type

Have you compare costs of living between these countries you mentioned and Switzerland.
Seriously.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sarang(f): 8:30am On Oct 04, 2020
sonnie10:

Actually your total 20hours a day is wrong. You have to factor in break for both jobs which is 2hours. The most he gets on a day based on that is 18hours.
Now let me tell you what might interest you. The total amount you take home for working 18hours a day in a week might be just a few dollars more if you were to work 16hours straight a day in one job and go home because of the tax implication of working more hours in a pay period.
So, instead of jumping from one job to another to make 18hours, working 16hours straight in one job would be more convenient and rewarding.

You actually believed him
Lmao..
24hrs ko. 24 days ni.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Sarang(f): 8:45am On Oct 04, 2020
planetx:

For families.

For a single person, this is not poverty

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DamnnNiggarr: 9:17am On Oct 04, 2020
yemi1504:

Doesn't work like that bro! You can't work for 24 hours in the United States or Canada, the most you can work is 40 hours and at most 10 hours of overtime per week due to government regulations which equates to 8 to 10 hours per day with the upper bound including maximum overtime. I have been in Canada for five years and worked there for three years, so I know what I am saying. Hope you learned something. Now, change your calculations sir with this new information. Have a great day sir and happy Sunday.
so do you work 24 hours in Switzerland??
What is Switzerland's hourly wage,
Let's start from there.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Brila FM Sacks Murphy Ijemba (radio Paparazi), Sean Amadi Others / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria? / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.