Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,628 members, 7,955,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:57 PM

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (60498 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by jesmond3945: 4:48pm On Oct 03, 2020
Op inferiority complex go kill you. Do you know bills will finish the money?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by SenecaTheYonger: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Lol imagine what Nigerians are thinking right now.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ishilove: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ausrichie:

This same comment again. gringrin don't worry, one day we will leave this prison.
Lol. I mean when will Nigeria ever be great?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by dasnan(m): 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2020
Buhari the Professor of Comparative Politics can now continue his analysis... I'm going for my PhD in Switzerland.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Iceyjayz: 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

You're right sir, cost of living is very high in Switzerland.

Just like Abuja, Lagos and PH with millions of people surviving on less than $100 per month.
Don't mind him, at least they have all amenities unlike the shíthole Nigeria, the truth is that millions of Nigerians will rather choose Switzerland that has high cost of living than Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sterlingD(m): 4:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
Meanwhile my country Nigeria............in short l no ft talk

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
Sheisenough01:
What they won't tell you is that the cost of loving in Switzerland is very high due to NGOs and other factors.

The increase is to ensure their citizens can meet up with the high cost of living. Rent, food, taxes gulp a lot.
The cost of living in Europe as a whole is bloody high, but at least the minimum wage is high, unlike this shithole that the cost of living is increasing yet the minimum wage still low. The real cost of living in Nigeria is not low if you think about it carefully, the only thing is that we cheat almost everything and compromise badly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by fergie001: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2020
Very Very true
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by moneyissweet(m): 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2020
This is good, now let's go and bomb Switzerland
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Unified07: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
thebosstrevor1:
You may think it is good news but this will forcè people out of their jobs when employers cant pay.

As a rule in economics, the more you increase minimum wages, the higher the increase in unemployment
Trash
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Explorers(m): 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Farki:

But if you tell most Nigerians to go there they will teleport without hesitation. A place where there is constant power, roads, hospitals, security, where you won't be killed by rampaging herdsmen.

We will sleep on trees to avoid high rent and trek to work.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:

Lol. I mean when will Nigeria ever be great?
You go wait tire. As for me, I dry zap this decade.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Josephshola: 4:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
TourismMan:
How do I become a citizen of this nation?
by force lol
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Eriokanmi: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Waw! Great country with historic structures. I was in Vevey and Montreux a couple of years back. I visited Geneve too.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by fergie001: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
TourismMan:
Not easy, they are very strict with foreigners, esp Africans.

The cost of living is crazy though.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 4:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

We will sleep on trees to avoid high rent and trek to work.
You sabi nah. Nigerians can survive in almost anywhere in the world.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Geneva and not the rest of Switzerland

It makes sense because Geneva is too damn expensive. Most expensive city in the world

Plus switzerland is too dope and in a class of its own hence the value. At Zurich airport, a tiny bottle of Coca Cola 330ml (so tiny it would fill only a glass cup) costs 3504.60 naira and the whole atmosphere smells of eau de toilette. Plus the elegance of the high end stores and the very disciplined culture they have. They take time very seriously.

You can lose a job for being a minute late. Even a cleaner makes over 1m a month and 11,437 per hr.

7 Likes

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by ERockson: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Good
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Kwara1stson: 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
let copy that in our oduduwa republic
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Explorers(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2020
Iceyjayz:
Don't mind him, at least they have all amenities unlike the shíthole Nigeria, the truth is that millions of Nigerians will rather choose Switzerland that has high cost of living than Nigeria

People will go there and live in company's store room to gather money.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Iceyjayz: 4:57pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:

People will go there and live in company's store room to gather money.
Lol I trust Nigerians, 10 people will even squat in one room until they gather money to get their own apartment. grin
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Kwara1stson: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
holuwaseun04:
God!!!!, what is really my offence when I was with you before coming to Nigeria, what!!!!!!!!?
u no de wash plates well shebi I de always tell u.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Femeto: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
grin Mad man Buhari would soon compare us to Switzerland.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by lagdmark(m): 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
TourismMan:
Very simple, just tweet send your completed visa forms directly to the Swiss consulate general in lagos notify him that you want to become a citizen of Switzerland....... Zooom! Willkommen in der Schweiz.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Ihatemumu: 4:58pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

Very true. I agree with you.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by planetx: 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
Keep converting your stories to Naira like it is Naira they spend in Switzerland. To impress gullible Nigerians that think they will be able to migrate to one of the most expensive country in the world to earn #20 million.

3 Likes

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
So. How do I get a visa. Who knows an insider. Is long leg involved to enter that country. God bless the person who will furnish such information to my DM
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by nnaemmy(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
That's if you're to work 24hours in a year without rest.

can someone do that?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by MAJORBANKZ(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
alp roads leads to Switzerland
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by benobyeze(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
Buhari should hear this
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Anaerobi(m): 4:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
my country have to observe industrial actions before the government Increase. who knows in how many more years to come that it will b increased again.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Eriokanmi: 5:00pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ausrichie:

The cost of living in Europe as a whole is bloody high, but at least the minimum wage is high, unlike this shithole that the cost of living is increasing yet the minimum wage still low. The real cost of living in Nigeria is not low if you think about it carefully, the only thing is that we cheat almost everything and compromise badly.
It's same with our cities in Nigeria. An average hotel in abuja is 25k, that's 64USD in Europe with the CBN's current official exchange rate. I had lodged in a hotel of 50usd there before. It's small but with amazing facilities. Nigeria is just too expensive for nothing. I hope the secession comes faster than anticipated
As some people are busy working hard to raise the country high, several others up there are not bothered. They keep dragging Nigeria backward. Enough of baboon dey work, monkey dey chop.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) / My Twin Took My Place At Work So I Could Go On Vacation - Now I’m In Trouble / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.