Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,724 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) (60095 Views)

10 African Countries With The Highest Minimum Wage / List Of Africa’s Highest Minimum Wages Per Month / Obiano To Pay New Minimum Wage In July (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by miketayo(m): 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

i wanted to disagree then I thought about it, you are 100% correct cool
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Theoarhics: 6:17pm On Oct 03, 2020
Tomorrow that long man in Edo Rock will not compare their minimum wage oo na only to compare fuel price he know.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by tabaski: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2020
Wey my pali? Off I go switzerland straight cool cool cool
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by AreaFada2: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
southniyikaye:
Shey person fit pass badagry go Switzerland?
If you Sabi route abeg lemme know asap
grin cheesy grin
Na Sambisa go quick pass

But things are expensive in Switzerland o. Very expensive.

But if you live near German border, you can be shopping from Germany weekly. Or even France if near France border.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
BennyDGreat:

Productivity within the wrong structure can be greatly affected at the end of the day. Knowing how to secure your productivity from strange government policies is ANOTHER SKILL to learn

A population that prioritizes irrelevancies like bbn, foreign influences over good local governance is bound to be misruled.

Every single tribe wants the same things, housing, food, jobs and healthcare, if Nigerians can't agree to work together on these basic tenets of civilization, then they should stop complaining.

The structure is there because it was tolerated.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by codemaniacs: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
do u know how many lives were lost when these countries that are enjoying today were laying the foundation and trying to get things done in the right way just like what we want in Nigeria? No country became perfect overnight, people made sacrifices with their lives when confronting evil leaderships, check the history of many of these countries and educate yourself, don t be ignorant.

The foundation of Europe is slavery.

Countries in Europe were and are allowed to disintegrate peacefully unlike African countries.

Most African countries are under indirect rule. So the "evil leadership" you see in Africa is the doing of Europe.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 03, 2020
Ishilove:
God, when?
grin grin
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by OkanlawonB(m): 6:25pm On Oct 03, 2020
The cost of living in Switzerland is the highest in Europe and also much higher than that of North America.You pay almost twice as much for consumables compared to neighbouring countries like Austria and Germany. Rents are also so high, thats why salaries are also high in the Swiss. At the end it doesnt matter if you are living in the Swiss , Austria or Germany. The standard of living in these three countries is the same.

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Bluntemperor: 6:26pm On Oct 03, 2020
sapientia:
Buhari should come and compare.

In what areas of comparison?
Why we Nigerians can't do deep thinking,for God's sake? Why do we just take everything by Bloggers hook line and sinker? Seun-Lalasticlala-you they see so?
What is the Population of Switzerland,OP?
8.5Million-not more than Ibadan Municipalities o!
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by marvin906(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
now I boldly say that 60% of people on this forum are dumb I don't know whether is poverty that made them this way buh is a pity..
just reading these comments just few people asked the right questions ..
first of all the minimum wage is only in Geneva the most expensive city in the world that Alone should tell you the cost of living there..
if you think you will be a millionaire in one year by living there then your dumb as f.uck..
another question how many companies will be able to pay sucj

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Chatflick(m): 6:29pm On Oct 03, 2020
Olatlaccon:
don't tell me u are thinking what I'm thinking cos if u are thinking what I'm thinking then our thinking is the same
Omo we are thinking the same thing o cool
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Olatlaccon(m): 6:33pm On Oct 03, 2020
Chatflick:
Omo we are thinking the same thing o cool
more pips my brother
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by LastProphet: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:
country wey dey work,unlike our darling daddy wey dey busy dey fight corruption

No matter what Buhari or any Messiah does or thinks he can do Nigeria will never have a tenth of that money to pay 200M (and growing) moroons as MW. Most Nigerians are still ignorant about what 200M unproductive mouths mean
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Chatflick(m): 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2020
Olatlaccon:
more pips my brother
Amen bro

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by yommen: 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:

You mean kwarapsion!
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by okoloemmalex(m): 6:37pm On Oct 03, 2020
getting an entry visa to this kinda country na die...

and we 're here celebrating 60years of mediocrity.

strike from one sector to another. but strike doesn't happen in the National Assembly o.

who has a good contact to Switzerland here pls?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by femi4: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:
That's how you know a Country that works. Not by forcing slogans like "It begins with you", " good people, good Country" etc down our throat and cutting cake of many steps on independence day
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by sesan85(m): 6:50pm On Oct 03, 2020
sapientia:
Buhari should come and compare.
What about Obasanjo and GEJ? They don't count?

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DonroxyII: 6:53pm On Oct 03, 2020
Explorers:
* ₦9,646 Per hour

* ₦1,731,472 Per month

* ₦20,495,686 Per Annum

Geneva is set to introduce 'the world's highest minimum wage' which will equate to £41,430 ($53,370) a year around £3,500 ($4,510) a month.

The alterations, which had been rejected by voters twice before in both 2011 and 2014, will now come into effect from October 17.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8794859/Geneva-introduce-worlds-highest-minimum-wage-41-430-year.html?ito=social-facebook
Buhari will not see this ....
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by ada9ja(f): 6:54pm On Oct 03, 2020
what is their population?
what is their family size?
what is their GDP?
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by pansophist(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
holuwaseun04:
God!!!!, what is really my offence when I was with you before coming to Nigeria, what!!!!!!!!?

Help me ask God o cry

And this minimum wage na just wetin their poorest de earn o. The average of them earns higher.

God why?

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by mithras(m): 6:59pm On Oct 03, 2020
marvin906:
now I boldly say that 60% of people on this forum are dumb I don't know whether is poverty that made them this way buh is a pity..
just reading these comments just few people asked the right questions ..
first of all the minimum wage is only in Geneva the most expensive city in the world that Alone should tell you the cost of living there..
if you think you will be a millionaire in one year by living there then your dumb as f.uck..
another question how many companies will be able to pay sucj

Absolutely true bro, most Nlanders are irredeemablly dumb
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Princedapace(m): 7:02pm On Oct 03, 2020
xamuell:
In all willingness to learn, how can we do that? Pardon my ignorance

That of Nigeria is long gone. Tribalism will never allow the people to hold their leaders accountable.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Charly500(m): 7:04pm On Oct 03, 2020
Impressive, yet our federal government were happy foot fragging on the new minimum wage issue for years only to settle for mere N30,000, which some state governments are even finding it hard to pay thier workers, with prices of goods and services going up. I believe buhari will also be shocked to hear this news from Switzerland.
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Hedonisco: 7:11pm On Oct 03, 2020
oz4real83:
The people of a country will determine how a country goes. Switzerland is working because of her kind of people , if u take all Nigerian leaders to Switzerland and make them lead the Swiss people, they will provide quality leadership because the Swiss people will not sit, fold hands and watch bad governance being perpetuated like in Nigeria.

Tell them. Awon 'bad leaders'.... As if the leaders are aliens or foreigners. The condition of ANY society is a reflection of its people. Most Nigerians (Africans generally) are primitive and retrogressive, hence the sad condition of Africa/Nigeria. It's never about the leaders. It's about the people. Because the leaders come from the people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Perfecttouchade: 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
southniyikaye:
Shey person fit pass badagry go Switzerland?
If you Sabi route abeg lemme know asap
Bros go pass Atan
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by DMerciful(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2020
Is Switzerland not landlocked? Where are the naysayers talking sh*t about Biafra? undecided

1 Like

Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by dalass(f): 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
eliyke:

Which stupid corruption?

Mtchhhewwww undecided
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Nobody: 7:18pm On Oct 03, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
Bros go pass Atan
we fit go together? Abeg show me way
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by luckyelems(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Please somebody should ask buhari the amount Switzerland sale fuel
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by femifemi1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
Why is my hand shaking to type...common type something grin Congratulations ! Congratulations!! Congratulations!!!!

Better days are ahead of us in Nigeria...it can only tarry, but shall come to pass.

Abeg...grab better wines and relax till better days show face. Best price ever
@BottleLIT Wines
Re: Switzerland Introduces Highest Minimum Wage In The World (₦20.5Million Per Year) by Perfecttouchade: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2020
southniyikaye:
we fit go together? Abeg show me way
cheesy baba u be leader , lead me Biko . This country ehn baba, make Switzerland come buy o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Brila FM Sacks Murphy Ijemba (radio Paparazi), Sean Amadi Others / Male Graduate Sells Food In Anambra After His Deportation From South Africa. Pic / How Much Are Air Hostesses Or Flight Attendants Paid In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.