Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,661 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:56 AM

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) (2567 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Banned In Nigerian Or Not? (see This) / Should Prostitution Be Decriminalized In Nigeria? / Abortion Should Be Legalized. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:22pm On Oct 06, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

So prostitution does not infringed on human right.

How about spreading of STDS, CONTACTING STDS

So you think women go into prostitution because they like sex.

Go check your average prostitution and see how fuuccked they are in the brain, many are without emotions

Let me ask you few questions:

Does prostitution infringe on your fundamental human rights? If yes, please state them.

Are prostitutes the only one liable to contact STDs?

Has a prostitute ever complained to you that she doesn't like the kind of profession she is into? If yes, how many?

What are those things that makes a woman venture into prostitution?

Have you ever met a prostitute and try to relate with her on a interpersonal level?

Incase you don't know na me talk
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Nobody: 12:34pm On Oct 06, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Let me ask you few questions:

Does prostitution infringe on your fundamental human rights? If yes, please state them.

Are prostitutes the only one liable to contact STDs?

Has a prostitute ever complained to you that she doesn't like the kind of profession they are into? If yes, how many?

What are those things that makes a woman venture into prostitution?

Have you ever met a prostitute and try to relate with them in a interpersonal level?

Prostitution is incompatible with articles 3 and 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) which states that “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person” and “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.

Prostitutes when they pass STDs are infringing on the human rights of another person.

Many prostitutes are liable for spreading STDS

Many prostitutes are victims of rape and trafficking. I have never seen a prostitute that says she likes her job.

Go ask benin women doing prostitution in Europe if they like standing on the streets in cold winter sucking dicks for 5euros if they like their job. Many are controlled by mafias.

Go ask prostitutes in any brothel if they like their job.

You are naive to think that women go into prostitution because they like sex.

Prostitution is evil, the most evil trade on earth.

Countries legalized prostitution not because they are cool with it but because they want to collect tax from them.

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:53pm On Oct 06, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Prostitution is incompatible with articles 3 and 5 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) which states that “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person” and “No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment”.

You keep shooting yourself in the leg.
How is prostitution incompatible with the above human rights article you stated up here? undecided How is prostitution infringing on your rights to live, liberty and security? undecided
Be realistic bro.

Prostitutes when they pass STDs are infringing on the human rights of another person.

Many prostitutes are liable for spreading STDS

Many prostitutes are victims of rape and trafficking. I have never seen a prostitute that says she likes her job.

Go ask benin women doing prostitution in Europe if they like standing on the streets in cold winter sucking dicks for 5euros if they like their job. Many are controlled by mafias.

Go ask prostitutes in any brothel if they like their job.

So what about people who ain't prostitutes yet they keep spreading STDs? Those ones ain't infringing on people's right abi? All this selective judgement of yours can't work.

I rarely hear that prostitutes are victims of rape. It seem you don't even know the difference between prostitution and human trafficking.

Human trafficking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. ... Traffickers use force, fraud, or coercion to lure their victims and force them into labor or commercial sexual exploitation just like the Benin women and the ones who don't like the job etc that you mentioned while prostitution, the practice of engaging in relatively indiscriminate sexual activity, in general with someone who is not a spouse or a friend, in exchange for immediate payment in money or other valuables.
That is why the government needs to legalize and regulate prostitution so that it will be easy to track down human traffickers, ensure that prostitutes go on regular STDs checkups.

Prostitution is evil, the most evil trade on earth.
You are naive to think that prostitution is evil.

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 06, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

You keep shooting yourself in the leg.
How is prostitution incompatible with the above human rights article you stated up here? undecided How is prostitution infringing on your rights to live, liberty and security? undecided
Be realistic bro.

So what about people who ain't prostitutes yet they keep spreading STDs? Those ones ain't infringing on people's right abi? All this selective judgement of yours can't work.

I rarely hear that prostitutes are victims of rape. It seem you don't even know the difference between prostitution and human trafficking.

Human trafficking involves the use of force, fraud, or coercion to obtain some type of labor or commercial sex act. ... Traffickers use force, fraud, or coercion to lure their victims and force them into labor or commercial sexual exploitation just like the Benin women and the ones who don't like the job etc that you mentioned while prostitution, the practice of engaging in relatively indiscriminate sexual activity, in general with someone who is not a spouse or a friend, in exchange for immediate payment in money or other valuables.
That is why the government needs to legalize and regulate prostitution so that it will be easy to track down human traffickers, ensure that prostitutes go on regular STDs checkups.

You are naive to think that prostitution is evil.

Dude you are dumb.

Got no time to explain to dumb niggas.

Nothing educative in what you wrote, you are just living in denial. Infact how old are you?

Have fun with your idealism, am out.

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

Dude you are dumb.

Got no time to explain to dumb niggas.

Have fun with your idealism, am out.

Have fun close minded being! undecided

Adieu!

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by QuinModah(f): 7:55am On Oct 07, 2020
wink
MrTAnonymous:

Firstly, in no way did I say that prostitution should be legalized because of its age. I only emphasized that it ain't a new profession, it has always been in existence.

Moral system you say? I laugh. grin

Are you telling me that Nigeria has a good and formidable moral system? The truth is that we shouldn't always use our emotions and moral justifications to make decisions all the time, we need to be logical and stay on the objective side of issues no matter what.

That has always been the difference between the developed countries and the underdeveloped, they don't make decisions based on their emotion or moral justifications rather they work on the more reasonable way out of a problem.

On which model to use and the agencies that are going to be involved.

We can create a model which works for us. We don't need to copy any country's system.

The government can create tippelzone and prostitution legal zones with prostitutes having ID cards this way it will be easier to curb the excesses.

The Government just like the other parts of the world that has already legalized prostitution will sit down and have talks on how to regulate and create
models and agencies to enforce it. Since tax will be involved, funding the agencies won't be a problem.

And just like marijuana was legalized in Canada, people convicted of prostitution related crime will be free to continue working in the industry.

There is nothing to worry about as long as the government creates a tippelzone and create ID cards for the workers and the excesses are curbed.

And on safety and human rights of the sex workers, laws are going to be made for the safety of sex workers and non sex workers. Human rights issues has always been a problem since time immenorial, it can always be curbed.

Thanks for your points.

1 Like

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by 30naira: 9:12am On Oct 07, 2020
Promotions:
It shouldn't be legalized...we already have so much to worry about.

I'm totally against it cos:

Soon they will collaborate with robbers.

Dirty the streets.

Younger generation will learn to see it as okay.

Increase in STDs.

Increase in pimps.

Lot's of reasons why it shouldn't be legalized and by the way legalising prostitution won't stop rape.

On the contrary. When it is legalised, it would be better regulated to avoid these issues

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by tobechi74: 9:24am On Oct 07, 2020
I see your point. It is a lifestyle.

Marriage is an individual choice and not a collective one. The government has no business regulating how I use my genital.  It is mine and mine alone.  I decide who I choose to get married to . I can decide to share it with a single person or a married person.  It is  my freedom to choose to be a celibate or be married.   While married, I decide with my partner whether to make it open relationship or monogamy.

Marriage is not for everyone. There are people who are happier single. I mean those who are do introverted that they cannot tolerate a very long time without feeling drained. There are people who prefer long distance relationship with few visits and frequent absence rather than continued presence.  those whose high attention sexual urge cannot be satisfied by any one individual. There are others who dislike the boredom of sticking to one  partner scares the hell out of them. Variety is the spice of life.The fun of experimenting with various sizes and  types thrills them. There are yet another group whose need for independence and freedom makes them dislike the idea of  consulting with another before making decision.  There is another group that  love to be in motion. They wake up one morning and decide to relocate to another state only to explore another culture the next year. Traveling is their hobby and getting married with kids hinders that . Settling down is like a death trap. Flowing water is cleaner. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes and other microorganism.

Human needs are various. the concept of getting married does not fit into their ideal future. They are better off single or in an open relationship. imposing  monogamy marriage on them will choke them. Their partner and children would suffer . Cheating is bound to occur. The fact that cheating still exist means we should question the effectiveness of monogamy and possibility of open marriage.

Investment experts would advice you never to put all your eggs in one basket to mitigate against risk. Economic  expert suggest diversification and not depending on only crude oil. Why don’t we  Apply  the same analogy to our own emotional life.   Risk is mitigated when we stop expecting one person to be our confident, sexual satisfier ,friend, mother of children etc. Can we consider open marriage and celibacy as alternative to monogamy

2 Likes

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by QuinModah(f): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Hmmmm.........
tobechi74:
I see your point. It is a lifestyle.

Marriage is an individual choice and not a collective one. The government has no business regulating how I use my genital.  It is mine and mine alone.  I decide who I choose to get married to . I can decide to share it with a single person or a married person.  It is  my freedom to choose to be a celibate or be married.   While married, I decide with my partner whether to make it open relationship or monogamy.

Marriage is not for everyone. There are people who are happier single. I mean those who are do introverted that they cannot tolerate a very long time without feeling drained. There are people who prefer long distance relationship with few visits and frequent absence rather than continued presence.  those whose high attention sexual urge cannot be satisfied by any one individual. There are others who dislike the boredom of sticking to one  partner scares the hell out of them. Variety is the spice of life.The fun of experimenting with various sizes and  types thrills them. There are yet another group whose need for independence and freedom makes them dislike the idea of  consulting with another before making decision.  There is another group that  love to be in motion. They wake up one morning and decide to relocate to another state only to explore another culture the next year. Traveling is their hobby and getting married with kids hinders that . Settling down is like a death trap. Flowing water is cleaner. Stagnant water attracts mosquitoes and other microorganism.

Human needs are various. the concept of getting married does not fit into their ideal future. They are better off single or in an open relationship. imposing  monogamy marriage on them will choke them. Their partner and children would suffer . Cheating is bound to occur. The fact that cheating still exist means we should question the effectiveness of monogamy and possibility of open marriage.

Investment experts would advice you never to put all your eggs in one basket to mitigate against risk. Economic  expert suggest diversification and not depending on only crude oil. Why don’t we  Apply  the same analogy to our own emotional life.   Risk is mitigated when we stop expecting one person to be our confident, sexual satisfier ,friend, mother of children etc. Can we consider open marriage and celibacy as alternative to monogamy
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by QuinModah(f): 1:13pm On Oct 07, 2020
Other countries where is is legalised are there stories that touch.
30naira:

On the contrary. When it is legalised, it would be better regulated to avoid these issues
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by demmymoney(m): 12:24am On Nov 07, 2020
Prostitution is already legalized nah they even have their own association registered under the law
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 12:53am On Nov 07, 2020
demmymoney:
Prostitution is already legalized nah they even have their own association registered under the law

Really? Tell me more.

When was prostitution legalized in Nigeria?
And what is the association called?

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by TheCork(m): 1:00am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:
What is prostitution?

It is the practice or occupation of engaging in sexual activity with someone for payment.

Prostitution is a wide subject as it is the oldest profession in the world. Recently, I found out that more than a dozen countries have legalized prostitution. That brings me to ask, should prostitution be made legal in Nigeria?

To me I would like prostitution to be made legal here in Nigeria.

Why?

I am a liberal so I think as long as you are an adult, I think you have a right to how you want to use your body. Some people just love wilding and have a very high libido and as such would like to be who they truly are.

A large percentage of our population patronise prostitutes whether they say it or not.

It will reduce the number of rape cases that is rampant in our society.

The Government can find ways to legalize it and tax it just like Switzerland and Germany. It will bring a lot of money to the country as the sex industry is a multi-billion naira industry. They should just ensure that there are no under age involved. They should do their best in curbing human trafficking.

Even though prostitution is not legalized yet in Nigeria, you only need to walk a few miles before you begin to notice brothels littered around the ghetto-filled streets not to talk of the ones who stay on the side of  the road like "Allen Avenue" waiting for a customer to come pick them up for the night.

Who patronise this prostitutes?

A lot of men both single and married, businessmen, our force enforcement officers, politicians, even our so called religious leaders visit and patronise this prostitutes, but rarely will you see anyone claim that they patronise them.

What do you think guys, should it be legalized or not?

NB::: This is my opinion, I want  positive response only, don't insult me or else I will report you to the moderators.

Lalasticlala Rocktation farano

hell yeaaaa....if sweetcunt97 agree...I agrees!!! Kaiiiii cheesy
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Jesslove(f): 1:28am On Nov 07, 2020
For me
Prostitution is not an offence
It's just another way of earning money for those who feel they are ok with it
And again
Some men can approach women to express themselves
But they prefer transactional sex , of which no average girl won't accept but a harlot will.
U can judge me if u like
But since i was born , I have never been a harlot to exchange sex for money.
But am just an open minded
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by demmymoney(m): 7:48am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

Really? Tell me more.

When was prostitution legalized in Nigeria?
And what is the association called?

Prostitution is not illegal though and yes they have association
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 9:31am On Nov 07, 2020
demmymoney:

Prostitution is not illegal though and yes they have association

You still haven't answered the questions?

What year was prostitution legalized in Nigeria?

What is the name of the association?

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by demmymoney(m): 9:45am On Nov 07, 2020
MrTAnonymous:

You still haven't answered the questions?

What year was prostitution legalized in Nigeria?

What is the name of the association?

But it's not illegal Sir ahbi
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by MrTAnonymous(m): 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2020
demmymoney:

But it's not illegal Sir ahbi

Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Liposure: 1:12am On Nov 08, 2020
Not a good idea. What are you telling the young girls? That it's ok to sell their bodies instead of frowning at it. I'm totally against it not because i'm a saint but i'm not just comfortable with it
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Dufil(m): 7:16am On Nov 08, 2020
If prostitution is legalized, other issues that will contradicts human rights will thrive.
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by Zobah: 9:13am On Jul 01, 2021
shocked
Re: Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) by kiddkash(m): 10:11am On Jul 01, 2021
Promotions:
It shouldn't be legalized...we already have so much to worry about.

I'm totally against it cos:

Soon they will collaborate with robbers.

Dirty the streets.

Younger generation will learn to see it as okay.

Increase in STDs.

Increase in pimps.

Lot's of reasons why it shouldn't be legalized and by the way legalising prostitution won't stop rape.
there should be a brothel where they handle their activities instead of the streets like how they do in Germany

(1) (2) (Reply)

If You Are A Single Lady - Read This! / "I Would Have Stayed In My Marriage If I Had Kids"- Toke Makinwa / We Were Married For 8yrs, I Divorced Him, I Regret My Decision- Lady Laments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.