Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,192 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:03 PM

Abortion Should Be Legalized. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortion Should Be Legalized. (12405 Views)

Should Prostitution Be Legalized In Nigeria? (My Opinion) / Why Homo_sexuality Should Be Legalized. / 7 Reasons Why Gay Marriage Should Be Legalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:10pm On Nov 05, 2020
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.
Our society is one that condemns single-motherhood...

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?
Your morals shouldn't dictate what others 'can' and 'can not' do.

Your faith doesn't permit abortion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Killing of an unborn baby hurts your heart?

Too bad! No one lives their life for you. Deal with the bitter truth!

People have the right to make decisions that wouldn't favor you.

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by fati2001(m): 4:12pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:17pm On Nov 05, 2020
If a baby endangers a woman's life, healthwise...
If it would be an inconvenience...
If she wouldn't be able to adequately provide for it...
If she doesn't want it, especially if the child is a result of an unfortunate incident...

Then abortion should be legal.

It prevents women from having children they aren't physically, emotionally and/or financially fit to cater for.
It ensures that there is equality between the children and the resources needed to support them.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by virginprincess(f): 4:18pm On Nov 05, 2020
Abortion should never ever be legalised in this part of the world ,here are my reasons. 1) If abortion is legalised in nigeria that means the rate of forunication and corruption would go high, some people don't forunicate for fear of pregnancy. 2) The death rate of young girls would sky rocket, because we have many quack doctors and abortion kills. 3) It is a very big sin before God, and no religion should encourage abortion, the girl, the boy, and the doctor are all murders in the sight of both man and God. I hope with these few point of mine, have being able to convise you and not confuse you that abortion should never be legalise in nigeria.

13 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:19pm On Nov 05, 2020
virginprincess:
undecided
As a female, why do you think that abortion shouldn't be legal?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by thesicilian: 4:26pm On Nov 05, 2020
I'm well in support of the legalization of abortion, weed and prostitution.

6 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 05, 2020
I totally agree with you op. Abortion should be legalized and contraceptives should be made widely available.It annoys me to see little children without any form of proper care walking aimlessly on the streets.

25 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
thesicilian:
I'm well in support of the legalization of abortion
Seconded!
weed
Kind of in support. But with our youths though, maybe not.
and prostitution.
As long as it's regulated. To prevent the abuse of children and slow the spread of stds.

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by BigJoe19: 4:40pm On Nov 05, 2020
I have one question for women. Why do women get angry when men tell them to have an abortion but expect men to be calm when they agree to abort the man's child? embarassed

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:41pm On Nov 05, 2020
MhisTahrah:
I totally agree with you op. Abortion should be legalized and contraceptives should be made widely available.It annoys me to see little children without any form of proper care walking aimlessly on the streets.
smiley it's better to get rid of a embryo than give birth to a child who would suffer.
Most women have children they can't cater to. So many underaged girls forced to be mothers, victims of rape and those who made a mistake by having unprotected sex.
Someone's sense of wrong and right prevents them from making decisions that would not only benefit them and the child, but the society at large.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2020
virginprincess
1) If abortion is legalised in nigeria that means the rate of forunication and corruption would go high, some people don't forunicate for fear of pregnancy.
and the rate of unwanted children would reduce. People already fornicate. Corruption?
2) The death rate of young girls would sky rocket, because we have many quack doctors and abortion kills.
if it's legalized, why would anyone go to a quack doctor?
3) It is a very big sin before God, and no religion should encourage abortion, the girl, the boy, and the doctor are all murders in the sight of both man and God.
fornication is a big sin before God. Since we can't stop that, let's address the topic of quelling it's negative effects.
Is self_defense also murder?
Plus I'm an atheist. Convince me with something else.
I hope with these few point of mine, have being able to convise you and not confuse you that abortion should never be legalise in nigeria.
nope.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 4:52pm On Nov 05, 2020
BigJoe19:
I have one question for women. Why do women get angry when men tell them to have an abortion but expect men to be calm when they agree to abort the man's child? embarassed
Easy. It's her body...
If she wants the child, you can't force her to get rid of it.
If she doesn't, you can't force her to keep it.

Eitherway, the bulk of the responsibility falls on her shoulders.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by faramade16062: 6:03pm On Nov 05, 2020
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:20pm On Nov 05, 2020
Op, It is already practiced without any hindrance save personal rights, so there is no problem

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Dtruthspeaker: 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:

So why should anyone force a woman to accept responsibilities that she would later be stigmatized for?

Because of religion?

Great! Don't do it.

But that doesn't place you in the position to judge anyone. Especially those who don't care what you believe in.

Girl, are you bitter! You already know that this is just a world that speaks from the 2 sides of its mouth, of which you have also done the same.

The same world that says "Good, is good" is still the same that says "what is wrong with an evil thing?

Rubbish world! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2020
Dtruthspeaker:

Girl, are you bitter! You already know that this is just a world that speaks from the 2 sides of its mouth, of which you have also done the same.

The same world that says "Good, is good" is still the same that says "what is wrong with an evil thing?

Rubbish world! undecided
undecided Am I the world? Why are you attacking me?

If the society looks down on single mothers, then it has no right to tell women not to have abortions when necessary!
Imagine a girl was sexually abused and became pregnant as a result,
If she keeps the child, then she's a single mum to be looked down on.
If she aborts the child, then she's evil.

Hypocritical, right?

8 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Liposure: 6:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
Unless in the event of rape and incest, i don't see why it should be legalized. I believe one should look at the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy before considering abortion as an option
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 7:00pm On Nov 05, 2020
Liposure:
Unless in the event of rape and incest, i dont think it should be legalized. One has to look at the circumstances surrounding the pregnancy first before considering abortion
A girl and boy fall inlove.

They have sex.

The girl finds that she's pregnant.

The boy absconds.

The girl isn't emotionally or financially or physically capable to handle the child. If she delivers, it would suffer.

There is no support from anyone.

The society would condemn her for being a single mother as majority of you guys here do, delibrately ignoring the fact that the boy ran from his responsibilities.

Everyone would tag her as being wayward, even if she just got disvirgined. How many would listen to her side of the story?

Should she have an abortion?

12 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Dtruthspeaker: 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
undecided Am I the world? Why are you attacking me?

If the society looks down on single mothers, then it has no right to tell women not to have abortions when necessary!
Imagine a girl was sexually abuse and became pregnant as a result,
If she keeps the child, then she's a single mum to be looked down on.
If she aborts the child, then she's evil.

Hypocritical, right?

The people of this world are very consistent in being inconsistent with good values and principles.

They always shift from side to side based on who is the sufferer and who can not be affected. "Just is" and balance is an abomination to them and they hate every right judgment.

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 8:36pm On Nov 05, 2020
elipheleh:

Abortions will NEVER BE legalized in this my country.
You want to be killing babies? Murderer ! Who gave you rights to murder a baby?
This is not a jungle.

We will protect the life and rights of babies to exist in this country.

Those babies you want to kill did you obtain a written permission from the babies themselves stating they don't want to live?

That the babies live inside a woman doesn't make the woman God over the baby. The baby is an individual.

If a woman wants to have right's to kill another individual, then a ritualistic should be permitted and legalized to kill whomever he wishes to kill. Also the strong among us should also seek the rights to also kill and eliminate anyone that we perceive is a threat to our good life.
Keep dumping unwanted babies in the streets.
You think the children who suffer abuse, can't feed daily, are unable to have access to basic amenities, want to live that way.
Not a baby...but embryo.

9 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
thesicilian:
We are really in end times.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2020
MhisTahrah:
And you call yourself a Christian?
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 8:42pm On Nov 05, 2020
Abstain from premarital sex to avoid abortion, have a family plan with your husband to avoid any unwanted pregnancy.

There is nothing normal about abortion. Nothing.

6 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:

And you call yourself a Christian?
So religion is the only excuse? Reply me who's an atheist.
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by ePoster: 8:45pm On Nov 05, 2020
Shortyy:
Abstain from premarital sex to avoid abortion, have a family plan with your husband to avoid any unwanted pregnancy.

There is nothing normal about abortion. Nothing.
How about under_age girls who were raped? Any advice?

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
So religion is the only excuse? Reply me who's an atheist.
Never said you're an atheist, and if you are, well that's between you and God.

You have no right to kill a soul. God molded that being in you, it was a gift from him. Killing it is disobeying God and bringing curse to yourself.

1 Like

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by mariahAngel(f): 8:51pm On Nov 05, 2020
[s]
ePoster:
Just stating a fact.

No one is forced to have an abortion.

It's a choice and therefore should be legal.

If a woman doesn't want a child, no matter how she got pregnant (though most are victims of sexual molestion) then she should be able to enforce her right to get rid of it!

There aren't strict laws in place to prosecute run away fathers, and those set in place aren't enforced as they should.

Because of religion?

Great! Don't do it.

[/s]

Another frustrated devil's advocate!

If you mean well, how about advising people to abstain from premarital sex?

7 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by mariahAngel(f): 8:53pm On Nov 05, 2020
May God punish all abortionists!

They're even worse than ritualists!

3 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by Shortyy(f): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2020
ePoster:
How about under_age girls who were raped? Any advice?

They should give birth to the baby, and as they might not be financially ready to take care of the child, the child should be taken care of by the Church until the mother is ready.

A child is a gift, no matter how it came about.

5 Likes

Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by tobechi74: 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
Religion will not agree
Re: Abortion Should Be Legalized. by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2020
virginprincess:
Abortion should never ever be legalised in this part of the world ,here are my reasons. 1) If abortion is legalised in nigeria that means the rate of forunication and corruption would go high, some people don't forunicate for fear of pregnancy. 2) The death rate of young girls would sky rocket, because we have many quack doctors and abortion kills. 3) It is a very big sin before God, and no religion should encourage abortion, the girl, the boy, and the doctor are all murders in the sight of both man and God. I hope with these few point of mine, have being able to convise you and not confuse you that abortion should never be legalise in nigeria.
You didn't convince anyone of anything.

Point No1: how does this point make sense? You think the rate of fornication is low? Fear of pregnancy stops only the ignorant and brainwashed from fornication. If your point were true, then no one will fornicate at all.

point No2: this is totally wrong. If abortions were legalized, that means every girl and woman can walk into a hospital to get one. That's less chances of it being done by a quack. This is why women don't die of abortions in developed countries, because only licensed professionals do it. This will reduce the death/morbidity rates. Let me give an analogy.

If operations like appendectomies were to become illegal in Nigeria, many people will die because even though doctors know how to do the surgery, they won't because it is against the law. This now creates opportunity for quacks to make money illegally by saying that they will do the operation and name thier price. And the patient will be in too much pain and desperation to refuse.

point No3 : The fact is that the pregnancy in the womb is not a person, it has no rights, it is a parasite that has half of the host's DNA.

Moreover, did God whisper in your ear that abortion is a sin? Quote scripture and verse from any holy book.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Help!!! This Single Mother Wants To Finish Me… / She Is Pregnant, How Often Should We Have Sex / A Male Virgin In Nigeria Is Like 9th Wonders Of The World ..Truth..!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.