Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion (39833 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by RightToReject(m): 7:37pm On Oct 05, 2020
He's simply communicated a DL theory that says castigate to disentangle yourself from the grip of what you don't cherish or cherish but can't get and automatically curry a false sense of importance. He should stop being disingenuous.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Jeromejnr(m): 7:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When Jesus Christ commanded Peter to feed His sheep, and take care of His sheep, He did not make Peter a shepherd by that act. The same Jesus Christ command ALL Of His followers to do as He commanded Peter to do ... in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40. In fact, no one of us will enter into Heaven without doing exactly what He commanded Peter to do.

Did Jesus Christ then mean that since we are called to "Feed His Sheep" and "Take Care of His Sheep" we are now become Shepherds against His own Commandment that we do no such?

I suggest you begin to read the word of God as presented to you by Jesus Christ, and not according to your Pastors. Let God be True and man be the liar!

Learn to rightly divide and apply the word of truth correctly Sir.

You didn't even support your argument with any proof. You're just sharing your own opinion.

I will just share the scriptures and leave you in your own thoughts.

All who are entrusted to look after the sheep are Shepherds. Jesus is called the chief shepherd.

1 Peter 5:2-4
"shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown.."

Peace out.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ekestic1976(f): 7:39pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Who made him a shepherd? undecided

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided

Have you not studied Ephesians 4:12?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by yommen: 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2020
9jaDoomCountry:
Meanwhile Osibandele wan die on top that is why he will happily tuen blind eye when Christians are killed by his slave master boys.

Rubbish pastor/prof

Funny! What can a Vice President whose responsibilities have been hijacked by the tribe of the president do. Patience is key and wisdom is profitable to direct.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
What annoys me most is all these their claims that "God spoke to them." Look at a fallible motal claiming to have seen and communicated with God? Who is he to even see the shadow of God let alone God in reality? What makes him more special before God than other humans for God to show himself to him? The God that called him, how does he look like? Is he black or white in complexion? Mr. Self acclaimed bishop, you can only tell that to your gullible members not people like me.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkie: 7:41pm On Oct 05, 2020
ekestic1976:
Have you not studied Ephesians 4:12?
You mean to say that the words supposedly attributed to man called Paul essentially trump the very commandments of Jesus Christ in these things? undecided
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by zoedew: 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Sure! Priests don’t kowtow but to God!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Danniedpastor(m): 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided

And Jesus asked Peter to feed His sheep.

Don't argue unnecessarily

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by SenecaTheYonger: 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

No. Their pastors have replaced Jesus
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkie: 7:43pm On Oct 05, 2020
Jeromejnr:
Learn to rightly divide and apply the word of truth correctly Sir.
You didn't even support your argument with any proof. You're just sharing your own opinion. I will just share the scriptures and leave you in your own thoughts.
All who are entrusted to look after the sheep are Shepherds. Jesus is called the chief shepherd.

1 Peter 5:2-4
"shepherd the flock of God among you, exercising oversight not under compulsion, but voluntarily, according to the will of God; and not for sordid gain, but with eagerness; nor yet as lording it over those allotted to your charge, but proving to be examples to the flock. And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the unfading crown.."

Peace out.
You mean the word of peter a sheep himself trump the very commandments of Jesus Christ which commands against our installing ourselves as teachers or authorities over the very sheep of Jesus Christ? undecided undecided undecided

Rather than "dividing" the word of God, maybe what you ought to begin doing is simply COMPREHENDING the rules as stated so you do not continue ignoring the commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way into Heaven.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by BluntTheApostle(m): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
Ask yourself, does your current president have his level of intellect, or even Jonathan that we all love (God knows I love GEJ)T? Don't invite his type but keep enjoying the numskulls that are littered over your leadership and political space that have jettisoned the destinies of millions of youths like you on the altar of greed. Like him or hate him, this man (by the Faithfulness and help of God) grew a mushroom to a gigantic tree in this hostile environment, but Naija is what it is, you deride the valiant and celebrate the villains because the societal values have been terribly eroded that this generation have a warped perspective to deep and spiritual things. Una go dey alright las las.

The hostile environment actually helped him become a billionaire pastor.

Imagine that our country was good, and everything worked, how will Oyedepo be able to sell his prosperity theology and become a billionaire?

He is one of the problems of this country because he made a fortune from our problems.

Imagine Oyedepo started in a country like Luxembourg where there is a lot of wealth, and little to nonexistent poverty, how will he become rich?

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ekestic1976(f): 7:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You mean to say that the words supposedly attributed to man called Paul essentially trump the very commandments of Jesus Christ in these things? undecided

So when you read your Bible, you leave out Romans, Timothy, Colossians, Thessalonians, etc. because according to you, "they're supposedly attributed to a man called Paul"! And here you are, making out like you're a Bible scholar!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkie: 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
Danniedpastor:
And Jesus asked Peter to feed His sheep.
Don't argue unnecessarily
Comprehension skills is essential when reading in human language. That Jesus Christ instructed Peter, and in fact every single one of us who want to serve Him, to Feed and Care for His Sheep, does not then mean Jesus Christ commands them to ignore His very commandments instructing them never to install themselves as authorities and Teachers over His sheep. He is the ONLY shepherd for His sheep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by DrMuzungu(m): 7:46pm On Oct 05, 2020
Fraudster-in-chief, Dr. Oyedepo, we salute you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by infini771: 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Business Overseer
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Danniedpastor(m): 7:47pm On Oct 05, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Before CAMA 2020, Adeboye & Oyedepo were silent on government matters. Now, they care about the country. grin

You are really a liar
Keep twisting facts to suit your useless narrative.
Liar
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Geeman23(m): 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
RightToReject:
He's simply communicated a DL theory that says what you don't cherish or cherish but can't get castigate to disentangle yourself from its grip and automatically curry a false sense of importance. He should stop being disingenuous.
the guy is master in the game of mental manipulation. I learn a lot from him. Though I hate his con way as a spiritual man. He really know how to toy with the brain of men.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Kobojunkie: 7:48pm On Oct 05, 2020
ekestic1976:
So when you read your Bible, you leave out Romans, Timothy, Colossians, Thessalonians, etc. because according to you, "they're supposedly attributed to a man called Paul"! And here you are, making out like you're a Bible scholar!
When you read that book, make sure to have at the top of your mind that "Jesus Christ is the ONE AND ONLY TRUTH OF GOD".... His disciples are meant to be His sheep and whatever you read them say has to be verified against what Jesus Christ did say for He and He alone is the Truth of God in all of this we call the New Covenant. Any idea contrary to the commandments of Jesus Christ is to be discarded.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Arkmanbuddy(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
PhGossip:
Everybody is free to say what they like.

In other news, an alleged sex tape of Nengi just hit the internet.

The video which was released by someone who claims to be Nengi ex boyfriend, captioned it with "an ungrateful bi.t.ch."

Although different people have different opinions regarding who was really the person in the video, it can't be denied that the girl has a striking resemblance to Nengi.

https://www.phgossip.com/bbnaija-watch-sextape-allegedly-made-by-nengi-ex-boyfriend-featuring-nengi/

What's your problem with this Nengi stuff? You must be very stupid.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Jeromejnr(m): 7:50pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You mean the word of peter a sheep himself trump the very commandments of Jesus Christ which commands against our installing ourselves as teachers or authorities over the very sheep of Jesus Christ? undecided undecided undecided

Rather than "dividing" the word of God, maybe what you ought to begin doing is simply COMPREHENDING the rules as stated so you do not continue ignoring the commandments of Jesus Christ, the only way into Heaven.

You mean Peter to whom Jesus said on This rock he will build His Church, was not inspired by Christ? When he said all scriptures were given by inspiration of the Holy Spirit.

You also mean the words of Jesus that were also written by a disciple. As if Jesus Himself used His own hands to write down His own words when He was on earth. So how do you know the disciple didn't write what he felt like?

Use the brain God gave you.

Peace out.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 05, 2020
Dem this idiots get their audience sha.....how can people be so brainwashed they can't think with their brain unless "daddy says"....
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Better be content with what u've than dream of what you can't get!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Danniedpastor(m): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2020
Temitopemo6e6:
Ask yourself, does your current president have his level of intellect, or even Jonathan that we all love (God knows I love GEJ)T? Don't invite his type but keep enjoying the numskulls that are littered over your leadership and political space that have jettisoned the destinies of millions of youths like you on the altar of greed. Like him or hate him, this man (by the Faithfulness and help of God) grew a mushroom to a gigantic tree in this hostile environment, but Naija is what it is, you deride the valiant and celebrate the villains because the societal values have been terribly eroded that this generation have a warped perspective to deep and spiritual things. Una go dey alright las las.

Just don't answer them.
They deserve the leaders they get
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Crooked pastor.

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Danniedpastor(m): 7:54pm On Oct 05, 2020
Salmoneus:

That is your god!!
Of course, he is a god. We are all gods in God's kingdom

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ekestic1976(f): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
When you read that book, make sure to have at the top of your mind that "Jesus Christ is the ONE AND ONLY TRUTH OF GOD".... His disciples are meant to be His sheep and whatever you read them say has to be verified against what Jesus Christ did say for He and He alone is the Truth of God in all of this we call the New Covenant. Any idea contrary to the commandments of Jesus Christ is to be discarded.

A sane child of God must not listen to these heresies!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by snickg: 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Yes daddy, I hear you sir
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by NawtiKingRealer(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

U no sabi bible at all. Nawa o, see jargons wey u dey spit out. Go sit down jare
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Anaerobi(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
smiles is Osibanjo really and truly a pastor before, or it's just a tittle them give am by friends?
Because a true pastor have just spoken.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by RightToReject(m): 7:57pm On Oct 05, 2020
Geeman23:
the guy is master in the game of mental manipulation. I learn a lot from him. Though I hate his con way as a spiritual man. He really know how to toy with the brain of men.

One of the easiest ways to amass wealth or reign supreme over people regardless of their stratum is just mastery of human psychology and commercializing it.

3 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Lekan239(m): 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Baba wan dey use format for ous, the format wey we guys dey use fir street those days.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 05, 2020
Nikiballer:
Dem this idiots get their audience sha.....how can people be so brainwashed they can't think with their brain unless "daddy says"....
how did you think the white men colonised Nigeria and Nigerians? Because Nigerians have pea brains.

A crooked business man who calls himselve pastor controlling thousands of morrons.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastor Bar Robbers, Prostitutes, Kidnappers From Giving Offerings,tithe / Pastor Adeboye's Birth In 1942 Was Mysterious / Father Mbaka Denies Bayelsa Governorship Prophecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.