Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion (39842 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: I Will Never Accept To Be President Of Nigeria, It's Demotion / Bishop Oyedepo: If You Don’t Pay Your Tithe You Are Under A Financial Curse / Bishop Oyedepo: 'If You Don't Pay Tithe, You Are Permanently A Beggar' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nauttyprof(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
bakobenjamin198:
Ok, I heard you the treasure keeper.

Thank you, the scam detector.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by miketayo(m): 9:17pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Who made him a shepherd? undecided

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided

John 21:16 Jesus asked simon peter tend my sheep
Always read your Bible
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Yemisi87: 9:18pm On Oct 05, 2020
Correct. Office of a Prophet of our living God is above the office of ruler of any nation.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by engrchykae(m): 9:20pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ never made his followers, who were themselves sheep, shepherds over his sheep. Jesus Christ was clear when He said that He alone is the shepherd over His own sheep. He alone is the one to Teach/instruct/Help/Guide/Counsel etc. His shepherd. He made this clear in His commandments, warning His followers never to install themselves over His sheep. undecided undecided
How can a sheep be expected to shepherd another sheep? Don't you all listen to what Jesus Christ said at all? undecided undecided undecided
Peter,do you love me more than these?feed my sheep.
It's shepherds that feed sheep.
There are many sherpheds but Christ is the great shepherd
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by desiredhome: 9:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
Geeman23:
the guy is master in the game of mental manipulation. I learn a lot from him. Though I hate his con way as a spiritual man. He really know how to toy with the brain of men.
Do you also learn how to scam from him?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
uote author=sholay2011 post=94644002]

Romans 8:16: "For the Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God". This is first the voice of God we are talking about mister- the inner voice/ inner witness. Not every Christian will hear an audible voice, and no need to go crazy, looking around for one strange voice when one isn't schizophrenic. But the inner witness will drop thoughts and speak into your heart, especially when your heart has been circumcised by the Word of God. Don't you think that can emanet as a result of one's figment of imagination?

So when people say they hear God's voice, it doesn't mean there is a spiritual earpiece plugged into their ears to hear communication from heaven. But so far you are truly saved, you have the Holy Spirit in you, who can lead you by that inner voice/witness. The real question is how do I differentiate between my own thoughts and what the Spirit drops into my heart? That is mastered over time in the place of the study of God' Word and prayer.

But all these won't make sense to you if you just want to argue and not be open-minded to the truth of the gospel. Jesus said: "I know my sheep and my sheep HEAR MY VOICE...!"[/quote]
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Geeoriginal: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
The Scriptures said? Jesus Christ said that He and He alone is the only Teacher to those who are His. He commanded that none of His followers install themselves as teachers/rabbis/instructors/masters etc, over His flock.

Did Jesus Christ lie to you when He is quoted as saying all of these? undecided undecided undecided

Sir, Jesus is not against leadership among his followers. Yes, he is our teacher, but you do not automatically grow from the time you surrender to Jesus without being taught by those before you. What Jesus warned against is that church leaders should not lord over others. We will always have teachers unless you want to claim all you know about the kingdom were things Jesus taught to you by Jesus himself. Check Mat 20: 25-28, Mark 10 is a similar scripture. You must be careful not to fall into heresy, such as it is only the four gospels that are scriptural.
No scripture is of private interpretations. Jesus made references to old testament books on many occasions. If we go by your submission, those were written by men and not words of Christ himself.
So, the Mat 23 that you referenced is still in line with the fact that as Christians, you are not to lord it over fellow believers, rather than leaders should serve others. If you also see Mat 23:34, Jesus even promised to send prophets, wise men, and teachers. He said these people shall be persecuted by the people.
Jesus instructed Peter to strengthen his brethren when he must have been strong. It was an instruction to pray and teach others. Suppose Jesus intends to be doing all the teaching by Himself. In that case, he will not have instructed Cornelius to send for Peter in Acts 10.
Some people came from other continents to introduce the Gospel to our country. If those were not evangelists, pastors, and teachers of the word, what shall we call them? Sheep recruiting sheep? Even though they are sheep, but all sheep are not at the same level.
May God grant us understanding and remove all unnecessary toga from us all.

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by emilo2bad: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
Who invited you before criminal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Tareq1105: 9:22pm On Oct 05, 2020
bakobenjamin198:
Why would he even scam me in the first place? Do I look gullible to be scammed? I am beyond that. Why would even his members tell me that they are being scammed when they are yet to discover themselves? They are still wallowing in mental slavery, because they still love, trust and defend him their oppressor and making an enemy of those who are trying to free them or open their eyes.

I've been a member of Living Faith Church since 1989 when it first came to Lagos and till date, I remain happy with the church with my family.

It's been progress progress and progress, from one level of glory to another.

If progress is what you called "wallowing in mental slavery and ........oppressor" then I'm okay.

But I ask you, how would you describe the looting of Commonwealth and killing that is going on in the country? And the people that are still supporting all these?

So which mental slavery and oppression is more than these?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 9:23pm On Oct 05, 2020

Romans 8:16: "For the Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God". This is first the voice of God we are talking about mister- the inner voice/ inner witness. Not every Christian will hear an audible voice, and no need to go crazy, looking around for one strange voice when one isn't schizophrenic. But the inner witness will drop thoughts and speak into your heart, especially when your heart has been circumcised by the Word of God. Don't you think that can emanet as a result of one's mere figment of imagination?

So when people say they hear God's voice, it doesn't mean there is a spiritual earpiece plugged into their ears to hear communication from heaven. But so far you are truly saved, you have the Holy Spirit in you, who can lead you by that inner voice/witness. The real question is how do I differentiate between my own thoughts and what the Spirit drops into my heart? That is mastered over time in the place of the study of God' Word and prayer.

But all these won't make sense to you if you just want to argue and not be open-minded to the truth of the gospel. Jesus said: "I know my sheep and my sheep HEAR MY VOICE...!"[/quote]
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nauttyprof(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Answer me this...
Since the words of Peter you posted earlier seems to contradict the very commandment of Jesus Christ (The New Covenant) as recorded in the Gospels, should the sane thing be to discard the commandment of Jesus Christ in favor of Peter's supposed claim above? undecided
Or should you weigh everything you read instead against the commandments of Jesus Christ, opting instead to obey Jesus Christ in all things, no matter what? undecided

It didn't contradict. You only made up the views for yourself. Peter learnt directly from Christ Himself but you sat down to create your own view.

We discuss Bible and not personal views. You haven't shown me from the Bible concerning your previous statements and how Christ statements contradicts that of Peter. If you read 1 Peter 5, you will understand better the calling and whom we are all answerable to at the end.

Peter did not arrogate the place of Christ to himself neither did any disciples. Rather, they all pointed to Christ.

When you study the scriptures well, you will get to understand why you need to read within context. The Author's intended meaning alone is what you should seek for. Don't impose your own view on the Bible. Let the Bible alone speak for itself. Shalom.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by forghe(m): 9:25pm On Oct 05, 2020
what then happens to the scripture that says "when the righteous is in power the people rejoice"
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 9:26pm On Oct 05, 2020
Mind you, I am not justifying the act of killings going on in the country
Tareq1105:

I've been a member of Living Faith Church since 1989 when it first came to Lagos and till date, I remain happy with the church with my family.

If progress is what you called "wallowing in mental slavery and ........oppressor" then I'm okay.

But I ask you, how would you describe the looting of Commonwealth and killing that is going on in the country? And the people that are still supporting all these?

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by NwaliE01: 9:27pm On Oct 05, 2020
bakobenjamin198:
How would he go and start his own church business? Did he tell you that he is interested in being an ecclesiastical con man or scammer?
Then he should just mind his business if he has one.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by stevedeey(m): 9:28pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adrian9:

That is his title. I didn't give him. Pastor means Shepherd. Go and check.
The clergy love titles a lot,they are the opposite of Jesus In that respect!
Undeshepherd you wanted to say?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by smile11s(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
NwaliE01:

Go and start your own Church business, gather over 100,000 people per service and make money.
Some of you would just follow hear say and be talking ignorantly.

Why would I open a church business and join the list of false prophets in this end time?

2 Likes

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by smile11s(m): 9:29pm On Oct 05, 2020
abbasajao:

Church business?

Yes oh Na wetin dey rain now in this end times
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by smile11s(m): 9:30pm On Oct 05, 2020
NairaMaster1:

Try opening one

Other legit business dey na
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by JonOlive: 9:31pm On Oct 05, 2020
Kobojunkie:

My friend don't teach the bible when you haven't even read the bible. You are going into error and it is error that leads people to damnation. Be careful about your outbursts against God's servants. Even when they are making very clear mistakes; it is not for you to judge them. They are only answerable to God.
And on your theology about the use of Shepherds in addressing men of God see 1Peter 5
1 The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:

2 Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;

3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.

4 And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Here the bible addresses Christ as the 'Chief Shepherd ' ... this means that any body having an oversight function over the flock of Christ is a Shepherd. Pls read your bible. God bless you
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Miracle2020: 9:33pm On Oct 05, 2020
Tareq1105:

Is being the president of Nigeria a service?

Why do politicians spent billions of dollars and kill to get there if it's service?

Ok, why is it that nothing is working in the same Nigeria?

Is it the corruption, the lies, deceits, looting of loans meant for development, rigging of elections or the killings? You call these service? Or is these you want Oyedepo to be dragged into?

Do you know of any government university that is running well more than the 2 universities of Living Faith Church of Oyedepo founded?

Oyedepo has done more to humanity than all your political leaders put together.

Think, don't just hate for no just reason.
how many of his church members can afford to put their children in those same universities you mentioned?
Also, you should know that those universities are not funded by Oyedepo, the poor members contribute the money to build those universities but the thief make sure that those who build the universities cannot afford to bring their children to those same universities because of high School fees.
Think, think, think ! Pls don't worship a man the way Oyedepo is worshiping Atiku ( a Fulani man)
Think........

1 Like

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 9:38pm On Oct 05, 2020
So, you think the reason you are more successful today is because you worship with living faith right? Don't you think that is just a coincidence? Now tell me, aren't their successful and prosperous people in other denominations? Aren't their successful people in Islam? Aren't there successful Atheist too? So, why do you make it look as if the reason you are more successful today is because you worship with winners? Don't you think God can bless any body any where, any time and in any place? Has it ever rained and the rain fell only on the roof and farmlands of only winners people and did not fall on other people of different denominations and belief? Mister man, God doesn't work that way. And if you think he does, then only your imagenary god does that.
Tareq1105:

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2020
Adrian9:
True! Its better to be a Shepherd than to be a zookeeper!

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by bakobenjamin198: 9:44pm On Oct 05, 2020
You are welcome
Nauttyprof:

Thank you, the scam detector.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by FullBlastLight: 9:45pm On Oct 05, 2020
Luftwaffe:
Before CAMA 2020, Adeboye & Oyedepo were silent on government matters. Now, they care about the country. grin

By ur profile, u jst started reading news!

If not, u shld be acquainted dt they've alwys been talking, particularly Bishop Oyedepo!
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by Afamed: 9:49pm On Oct 05, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Reconciling two old friends isn't campaign. Use your brain.
And he has to reconcile them 12 yrs after they left office and just 5 months before the Presidential election in 2019.
Majority of PDP supporters are truly braindead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by sholay2011(m): 9:59pm On Oct 05, 2020
bakobenjamin198:

Romans 8:16: "For the Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God". This is first the voice of God we are talking about mister- the inner voice/ inner witness. Not every Christian will hear an audible voice, and no need to go crazy, looking around for one strange voice when one isn't schizophrenic. But the inner witness will drop thoughts and speak into your heart, especially when your heart has been circumcised by the Word of God. Don't you think that can emanet as a result of one's figment of imagination?

But all these won't make sense to you if you just want to argue and not be open-minded to the truth of the gospel. Jesus said: "I know my sheep and my sheep HEAR MY VOICE...!"

Not at all bro.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by TruthinAction: 10:01pm On Oct 05, 2020
I don't see it as a demotion. Rather it's an honour to serve even the least in the house of God. Whatever service we render is as unto the Lord. So, serving the Lord by being a President or even a Governor is an honour.

If he doesn't want, he should sponsor someone who can deliver.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by ThugBoy(m): 10:03pm On Oct 05, 2020
How to is one ( Senior Alaàye) wan take leave church business? Wey be say na both the rich and the poor dey pay am offerings and tiths steady.
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by CodeTemplar: 10:05pm On Oct 05, 2020
Afamed:

And he has to reconcile them 12 yrs after they left office and just 5 months before the Presidential election in 2019.
Majority of PDP supporters are truly braindead
So when is he suppose do the reconciliation? One of the two parties was a candidate in the polls, and asked a neutral third party to help reconcile them. May be they should have been reconciled years back before primaries were held. Múmuism
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by olosolos(m): 10:07pm On Oct 05, 2020
Where is Loretta,has she not read this?
Re: Oyedepo: If Invited To Become Nigeria’s President, I Will Consider It A Demotion by GOCEO: 10:13pm On Oct 05, 2020
Lies, deceiving his followers and himself
Nonsense. Wich God abi Satan called you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Could This Be Love Or Sexual Lust? / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / This Pastor Made An Accurate Prophecy About Naira Marley In 2022 (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.