Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador (54876 Views)

Krystal Okeke Honoured As Nigeria Diaspora Youth Ambassador / Governor Abiodun Appoints Laycon As Youth Ambassador, Gives Him Bungalow & N5m / Oyinda Adenuga At Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by toye440: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
You said gospel singer ha Freeze is coming for you. But truth be told how much did the best student in Ogun state get? paltry sum i believe, but debauchery gets rewarded handsomely.
Whats wrong with our dumb ass leaders. Mind you before you quote me negatively i go knock you out.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by abc115: 3:31pm On Oct 07, 2020
Thryphosa:
Funny enough, if the young man, Laycon, sees the comment of Wale Adenuga, he will just smile and say "pls let us spread love and light ". Laycon is just down to earth, well behaved, intelligent, and well read. He surely deserves all the good things that come his way.
These core values of LAYCON you mentioned is what the Governor is promoting ....if you listened to him yesterday
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by personal59: 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Let him see it in another veiw

Laycon is the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Nigerian Entertainment sector has contributed alot of direct and indirect jobs to poor youths like Laycon without connection of getting white collar jobs, IF WE STUPIDLY KILL BIG BROTHER ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WATCHING EPL, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, BOLLYWOOD, WAKANDA AND HOLLYWOOD we would only loose revenue

what best graduating student

someone that graduated with 3.something
(upper credit though) abeg o

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartProf(m): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
CodeTemplar:
He should know the difference between governance and showbiz.
The showbiz guys are the most popular among the people and are serious influencers, so the governor is smartly buying into it so he will use it for his selfish gains when he needs the popularity of the young man to work for his govt.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by tot(f): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
deltaprincess:

No wonder this country will remain plagued and things become worse. With people like you forming the majority results to an overall collective poor judgment.

It is so sad that misplaced priorities are a commonplace on this continent. It is hopeless.

Those are the kind of mediocre people holding this country back and unfortunately they seem to be in the majority.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by deltaprincess(f): 3:32pm On Oct 07, 2020
SmartProf:

Just like a typical Nigerian politician, he decided to take advantage of what he perceives as the priority of majority of Nigerians and a popular movement so he can earn much praise for celebrating their new found idol laycon. It's the values of society our politicians trend with, and since today most Nigerians values BBnaija madly with so much goodwill showered on participants, the governor had to key into what satisfies his citizens. Afterall if laycon leads a campaign for him, he is likely to be voted massively. So the man is not funny, he has done his calculations.

I would call it a miscalculation and a very poor judgment. What real leaders do in sane societies is celebrate ingenuity and innovative/creative youth who show the skills to impact the economy, science and technology, and overall development. But it appears in the whole Ogun state not a single person fits that criteria.

A shameful judgment. Nigeria is plagued with retrogrades. That is why things just keeps getting worse.

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
Na waooo. He made some sense though.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by goodconsience77: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
h
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by abc115: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
GOATandYAMtheory:
Trying too hard to defend nonsense undecided

It's not worth it..

spits!
But you are here commenting and reading comments. Is it worth it? Mr Holiness
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by banio: 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Laycon is the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Nigerian Entertainment sector has contributed alot of direct and indirect jobs to poor youths like Laycon without connection of getting white collar jobs, IF WE STUPIDLY KILL BIG BROTHER ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WATCHING EPL, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, BOLLYWOOD, WAKANDA AND HOLLYWOOD we would only loose revenue

I am not a big brother fan. But I just appreciate the program based on what you said.
Being watched on camera for three months is not a joke.

I can't scratch my private part in pleasure again.

Hey, I won't go to big brother Naija. I need to ensure my scratching sweety
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by deltaprincess(f): 3:33pm On Oct 07, 2020
tot:

Those are the kind of mediocre people holding this country back and unfortunately they seem to be in the majority.

I weep for my dear country

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by TechyMm0: 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
banio:

I am not a big brother fan. But I just appreciate the program based on what you said.
Being watched on camera for three months is not a joke.

I can't scratch my private part in pleasure again.

Hey, I won't go to big brother Naija. I need to ensure my scratching sweety

Funny thing is the very day you scratch it is when all blogs would focus all news on you

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by sholay2011(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Well said!
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Angelfrost(m): 3:35pm On Oct 07, 2020
Why apologizing in your Postscript sir??! If anyone can't comprehend the simple idiomatic statement, then it further underscores why we can't have leaders celebrating rubbish instead of things that add true value to society...

In that same state, the same charlatan of a governor has never publicly and handsomely celebrated things like:

1. Best Graduating students at all levels of education.
2. Best innovators especially in the areas of technology, entrepreneurship, trading, etc.
3. Humanitarians and philanthropists.
4. Leadership capabilities and initiatives among youths.

How many teachers and workers in that state have ever gotten such gifts??!... Ogun state should be ashamed of that person they call leader!!!

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by TheEnforcer: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

California USA and Mumbai Indian both have no single drop of oil, both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively, they make billions of dollars on all Entertainment

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand no oil non governmental development

He wasn't the best graduating student. He had even said that in several interviews.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by BREYZ: 3:38pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

California USA and Mumbai Indian both have no single drop of oil, both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively, they make billions of dollars on all Entertainment

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand no oil non governmental development

inasmuchas i like Laycon. no come online they yarn nonsense.
laycon did well in School but he wasnt the best in his department
https://dnbstories.com/2020/07/bbnaija-laycon-did-not-graduate-with-a-first-class-fact-reveal.html

the old man is trying to make a valid point, stop attacking him

2 Likes

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Legionx: 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2020

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by deltaprincess(f): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:

California USA and Mumbai Indian both have no single drop of oil, both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand development

You are very shallow minded. I won't even bother arguing with you. The entertainment industry in Nigeria achieved great heights without any meaningful contributions from any government.

The greatest among our entertainers achieveed their mark independently. They have put Nigerian entertainment on the global map.

What did Laycon do? Attend a reality show and now he is the Youth Ambassador...

It is very sad that Nigerians think like you. Very hopless!! I weep.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartProf(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
deltaprincess:

I would call it a miscalculation and a very poor judgment. What real leaders do in sane societies is celebrate ingenuity and innovative/creative youth who show the skills to impact the economy, science and technology, and overall development. But it appears in the whole Ogun state not a single person fits that criteria.

A shameful judgment. Nigeria is plagued with retrogrades. That is why things just keeps getting worse.
You are talking about sane leaders but we don't have them many in Nigeria. The ones we have key into anything that can win them selfish benefits. His calculation most likely is to use the popularity of the young man as an influencer for his govt., and it will work out for him cos of the society we are in. You have valid points but I only pointed out the selfish reasons a governor will want to reward an individual this much.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Angelfrost(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Entertainment can be encouraged, uplifted, and fully supported to grow astronomically without the elected leaders openly supporting trashy shows!!! Leaders from the nations you mentioned don't dash state money to mediocre pseudo-celebrities all in a bid to encourage entertainment industry!

Stop trying too hard to come off as intelligent!!!

GEJ supported and boosted entertainment industry without openly celebrating individual celebrities!

There is a time and place for everything! There should be a balance in all leaders do!!!

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by BREYZ: 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
personal59:

what best graduating student

someone that graduated with 3.something
(upper credit though) abeg o

dont mind the guy, he is busy talking gibberish undecided

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Psoul(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
"Post Script: I’ve had so many comments on this and that’s to be expected. People have taken exception to the term ‘dogs’. This is an idiomatic expression and NOT the labelling of a person. My apologies to you for misconstruing that figure of speech and definitely won’t come here labelling anyone a dog."

Anyone attacking this man with the reason that he used the word dogs is just bn petty and ridiculous.
That idiom is well understood and should not be misconstrued to calling Laycon the dog.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Rexnegro(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
I can't agree less with him , I said it in the other and some dogs quoted me saying shit like I am hating blah blah blah
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SoccerUSA(m): 3:41pm On Oct 07, 2020
Angelfrost:
Why apologizing in your Postscript sir??! If anyone can't comprehend the simple idiomatic statement, then it further underscores why we can't have leaders celebrating rubbish instead of things that add true value to society...

In that same state, the same charlatan of a governor has never publicly and handsomely celebrated things like:

2. Best innovators especially in the areas of technology, entrepreneurship, trading, etc.

How many teachers and workers in that state have ever gotten such gifts??!... Ogun state should be ashamed of that person they call leader!!!

Abegi jhor

Most best graduating students sef has nothing to show for it: no innovations, nothing and nothing.
How many of those idiots against big brother have ever brought up any innovations?
all they know is to hype some kids showcasing cardboard structure that dispenses money.
How gullible that can be.
Let the Governor encourage the well behaved dude biko
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by CodeTemplar: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
SmartProf:

The showbiz guys are the most popular among the people and are serious influencers, so the governor is smartly buying into it so he will use it for his selfish gains when he needs the popularity of the young man to work for his govt.
Are there no tax paying Ogun state indigenes stranded in hospitals? He gave someone who just won a bigger amount 5m when taxpayer who entrusted him with their Commonwealth are dying.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by BREYZ: 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

dont mind them. This Ogun State Governor no follow at all.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Angelfrost(m): 3:42pm On Oct 07, 2020
Psoul:

Anyone attacking this man with the reason that he used the word dogs is just bn petty and ridiculous.
That idiom is well understood and should not be misconstrued to calling Laycon the dog.

The man shouldn't even have descended to apologizing to dullards!!! This generation really has problems! It is a shame!

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartProf(m): 3:43pm On Oct 07, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Are there no tax paying Ogun state indigenes stranded in hospitals? He gave someone who just won a bigger amount 5m when taxpayer who entrusted him with their Commonwealth are dying.
You are thinking like a sane person but the governor is thinking from a selfish point of view.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by simplesearch: 3:44pm On Oct 07, 2020
A drift from God. He was the best grad student in his dept, but how many there are with more outstanding qualities than him that could easily fit into that position, or is Ogun become a dead end state? Just coming from such a morally bankrupt and highly controversial programme to lead the youth of a state speak volume on the atmosphere surrounding the decision maker. The number of people that will troop in for auditioning in the next phase of this programme will be alarming since the dysfunctional society we are in have already found accomodation for obnoxious lifestyles that animals in their condescending state would dare to approve.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by TechyMm0: 3:46pm On Oct 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

Entertainment can be encouraged, uplifted, and fully supported to grow astronomically without the elected leaders openly supporting trashy shows!!! Leaders from the nations you mentioned don't dash state money to mediocre pseudo-celebrities all in a bid to encourage entertainment industry!

Stop trying too hard to come off as intelligent!!!

GEJ supported and boosted entertainment industry without openly celebrating individual celebrities!

There is a time and place for everything! There should be a balance in all leaders do!!!

Wrong?!

California State Government invest heavily in Entertainment including reality show with state funds

State Governors in California Openly award Holly walk of Fame stars to reality stars like the Kardashians, Jersey shore stars and Donald Trump's Reality show earned him that, with the state celebrating them

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Acquires 24Million Naira 2014 Range Rover Sport + Advises Ladies / I Have The Biggest Bum In Nollywood- Didi Ekanem (Pictured) / Adedeji Adeleke Dances To Davido's 1 Milli Song Inside His Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.