Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador - Celebrities (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador (54873 Views)

Krystal Okeke Honoured As Nigeria Diaspora Youth Ambassador / Governor Abiodun Appoints Laycon As Youth Ambassador, Gives Him Bungalow & N5m / Oyinda Adenuga At Banky W And Adesua Etomi's Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Arrowss(m): 2:08am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:
cool

Let him see it in another veiw

Laycon is one of the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Nigerian Entertainment sector has contributed alot of direct and indirect jobs to poor youths like Laycon without connection of getting white collar jobs, IF WE STUPIDLY KILL BIG BROTHER ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WATCHING EPL, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, BOLLYWOOD, WAKANDA AND HOLLYWOOD we would only loose revenue

California USA and Mumbai Indian ,both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively, they make billions of dollars on all Entertainment

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand no oil , non governmental development

And to close my argument, Independent National Electoral Commission INEC, needs to invite MultiChoice Nigeria, Organisers of Big brothers, and Deloitte Anderson Auditing Consultancy to help them with real ways they got to get 90 million votes from all African countries especially SouthAfrica, Nigeria and Ghana to count, in a way that Africans look forward to vote for Nigerian content without fearing Corruption

Now lemi ask you, why dint the governor give him all these when he came out as one of the best from unilag Was he not intelligent then? Was he not whatever good thing the governor said he is today?
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SaintBeehot(m): 5:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Tareq1105:

The show is rated 18, therefore tune to other stations.

My guy, rejoice with those God has picked their calls so that He will yours too one day.

Don't deny yourself this bcoz of hatred.

He must be one of the children of hate and perdition.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by tollyboy5(m): 5:09am On Oct 08, 2020
Acidosis:

If you don't drop this mentality ehn, you would just end up blaming the entire world. There are sense to invest in those sectors you love so much??

You're not getting me sir. I'm only aware of science an tech history not rugby and others.
The grudge we owe is.. BBN is not a decent show and for laycon to act properly in a show that promote indicency does not prove him worthy of bein the youth ambassador. Many who watch BBN were not even having the expectation of seeing someone like laycon it just happened.
The sole purpose of people attending the show is a personal gain.
It has nothing to do with real life matters. If an actor or actress was giving the ambassador post we'll know it worth it. At least they struggles to become what they were and one way or the other promote theater industry in their state.
If you're not seeing what average mind is seeing sir. Then we've lost it in this country. I need more personal achievement from that dude before I would consider him for position such as state ambassador.
Desmond Elliot no one complained because he worth it. 9ice no one complained.
When Bob Emmanuel did ultimate search no one complained. Sir if your not seeing what we are seeing you're the one bias here no one is against entertainment. This appointment is irrelevant and we don't need to stress father
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by tollyboy5(m): 5:28am On Oct 08, 2020
blank:
What's the difference between this and rewarding sports performers? People run and chase a ball for 90 mins and get plots of lands etc if they win a competition. Are they not all entertainment for those watching? Please do not pull down one person's achievements to ift another person's up. The world cannot just be about science and inventions. The governor should reward all aspects and not just your preferred one.

Nothing wrong with it.
You must be really blank for comparing football to a non-intellectual reality show! undecided
Is that how shallow your mind is?
Do you know what recognition football gives to Nigeria?
Do you know how football alone add to Nigeria growth in entertainment?
Do you think Nigeria football is been watched by only Nigerians?
If Nigeria EPL received massive funding it alone generate time ten of what BBN generates.
And the funniest thing is.. BBN does not export anything out of the country so how does it boost our economy ?
Its only add burden to voters. We are not against but yes! A footballer worth more to be an ambassador , an artiste worth more, a musician worth more also.
Open your closed eyes to notice Peoples bone of contention and stop this irrelevant comparison
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by joelala(m): 9:26am On Oct 08, 2020
The problem with you is that, you only focus on SM news about how the house mates were getting all cozy, that is what the media feeds you because they know that is the only thing that excites you youths, they will never show you how intelligently the housemates answer questions and completes logical and analytical tasks. so yes! you feel all they do in there is eat drink and get cozzy cause that's what SM feeds you.

Madibah:
In as much as I love laycon and in as much that I'm willing to take sentiment out of this
Laycon doesn't deserve such post
Bbn doesn't contain any educative features
It doesn't contain any sort of morality
Giving laycon a youth ambassador is just a stupid and a babaric act by the governor

Well I'm not surprised , that's why ogun state is always full of bad news everyday
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Charisma01: 11:59am On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:

If you are scared your data would be fvcked and fingered just within 71 days then you didn't give your daughter proper home training like the less than 5% of big brothers over 100 contestants since season 1 to 5 who have displayed home training and morals

So even if one's daughter has home training, she should still go and stay & participate in the midst of immoral human beings and be part of a demonic show that adds nothing the well-being of any society but rather promotes nudity.

You still didn't answer the question. Would you allow your daughter to participate in sexual acts on tv and when she returns home you say well done my dear?
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by TechyMm0: 12:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Charisma01:

So even if one's daughter has home training, she should still go and stay & participate in the midst of immoral human beings and be part of a demonic show that adds nothing the well-being of any society but rather promotes nudity.

You still didn't answer the question. Would you allow your daughter to participate in sexual acts on tv and when she returns home you say well done my dear?

NYSC orientation of 21 days many youth have sex yet I'll approvey daughter to participate in it because I know my daughter isn't immoral, if she wants to participate in 71 days big brother Nigeria I will allow and support it because I trust the home training gave her

I know she would focus on implementing all Intelligent Presentation from big brands like Innosun, Airtel, Betway , Ardron homes and she would win herself many prize without compromising her home training

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Charisma01: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:

NYSC orientation of 21 days many youth have sex yet I'll approvey daughter to participate in it because I know my daughter isn't immoral, if she wants to participate in 71 days big brother Nigeria I will allow and support it because I trust the home training gave her

I know she would focus on implementing all Intelligent Presentation from big brands like Innosun, Airtel, Betway , Ardron homes and she would win herself many prize without compromising her home training

Ok kwantinu, we know most of these brands promotes only useless yeyebrities that expose their bodies in public.

After you will join others to be shouting Buhari is Nigeria's problem.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Ezmans: 1:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
TechyMm0:

He is a Billionaire and a Governor, what are you
ask your self whom you are before asking me whom I am

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by blank(f): 2:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
tollyboy5:

You must be really blank for comparing football to a non-intellectual reality show! undecided
Is that how shallow your mind is?
Do you know what recognition football gives to Nigeria?
Do you know how football alone add to Nigeria growth in entertainment?
Do you think Nigeria football is been watched by only Nigerians?
If Nigeria EPL received massive funding it alone generate time ten of what BBN generates.
And the funniest thing is.. BBN does not export anything out of the country so how does it boost our economy ?
Its only add burden to voters. We are not against but yes! A footballer worth more to be an ambassador , an artiste worth more, a musician worth more also.
Open your closed eyes to notice Peoples bone of contention and stop this irrelevant comparison

Typical. I wish we could actually open our minds to other perceptions. Same football you are hailing is the same football that Gani Fawehinmi said he would scrap if he became president because it was of no use to a country. Same we you are hyped about football is the same way someone else can't give a rat's behind about and will carry BBN on their head.

Life is colourful because there are so many dimensions to it. Let everyone enjoy their own sphere.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by tollyboy5(m): 4:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
blank:

Typical. I wish we could actually open our minds to other perceptions. Same football you are hailing is the same football that Gani Fawehinmi said he would scrap if he became president because it was of no use to a country. Same we you are hyped about football is the same way someone else can't give a rat's behind about and will carry BBN on their head.

Life is colourful because there are so many dimensions to it. Let everyone enjoy their own sphere.
Madam internet is there I don't need to do screenshot for you. Go and check how football boost entertainment , people travel abroad to watch football, different country host world cup. I'm talking with fact no because popular someone said something.
Many years back a popular philosopher said ones a heavy and light object were thrown up the the heavier one drops faster. And everyone believed not until science proved they drop at the same time.
Someone said up there that dapo abiodun is a billionaire so who are we to know who deserve ambassador. Only primitive people thinks that way.
Gani don't like football and he's popular doesnt mean statistically is right. Go do your research and compare football to bbn. It an insult to even use football as an example.
undecided
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by ProminentStar: 5:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I like your point of view..
there really are different pespectives to a matter

Let him see it in another veiw

Laycon is one of the best graduating student in his department in UNILAG, he is a rapper and a Big Brother Winner,

Dapo Abiodun needed a Youth Ambassador, who is loved by Ogun indegenes and youth, someone that can communicate in their youth language, some one who knows the pain of been a youth from the ghetto

For 71 days Laycon was under camera 24/7 he didn't go nude, he didn't fight anybody even when provoked he laughed and moved on, not once did he engage in frivolous or mediocre activity, all he did was talk about his life, exercise, meditate through yoga, complete his daily task even when he knows he can't win

I am very certain if this man had 24/7 camera on him for a week, everyone would be surprised at who the Hypocrite is

Nigerian Entertainment sector has contributed alot of direct and indirect jobs to poor youths like Laycon without connection of getting white collar jobs, IF WE STUPIDLY KILL BIG BROTHER ENTERTAINMENT WHILE WATCHING EPL, UEFA Champions League, LaLiga, BOLLYWOOD, WAKANDA AND HOLLYWOOD we would only loose revenue

California USA and Mumbai Indian ,both have the Largest GDP in India and US respectively, they make billions of dollars on all Entertainment

Think about Entertainment as a big business and perhaps as a black human you can understand no oil , non governmental development

And to close my argument, Independent National Electoral Commission INEC, needs to invite MultiChoice Nigeria, Organisers of Big brothers, and Deloitte Anderson Auditing Consultancy to help them with real ways they got to get 90 million votes from all African countries especially SouthAfrica, Nigeria and Ghana to count, in a way that Africans look forward to vote for Nigerian content without fearing Corruption

.[/quote]
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by blank(f): 5:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
tollyboy5:

Madam internet is there I don't need to do screenshot for you. Go and check how football boost entertainment , people travel abroad to watch football, different country host world cup. I'm talking with fact no because popular someone said something.
Many years back a popular philosopher said ones a heavy and light object were thrown up the the heavier one drops faster. And everyone believed not until science proved they drop at the same time.
Someone said up there that dapo abiodun is a billionaire so who are we to know who deserve ambassador. Only primitive people thinks that way.
Gani don't like football and he's popular doesnt mean statistically is right. Go do your research and compare football to bbn. It an insult to even use football as an example.
undecided

Sigh, I give up.

1 Like

Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by tollyboy5(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
blank:

Sigh, I give up.
grin have a nice night
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by smeag0l(m): 11:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
what is this one saying?what talent, skill or expertise did laycon showcase in that big brother house ?what is the basis for the governor using tax payers' monies that are supposed to be put to good use for rewarding frivolities ?What is the essence of making him an ambassador other than sending an indirect message to the youth that education does not count?
SmartMugu:

Its the idea behind it that counts. Its encouraging to recognize the efforts of someone that believes in himself and went out there to get what he wants, legally. Other youths may want to look inward, discover their inner values and translate it to rewards.

Every dime cant be converted to agriculture like you said, thats why there are other ministries beyond the ministry of agriculture. Believe it or not, the governor's initiatives may translate to positive drives in the youths, especially those on the verge of giving up.

We have been reading of many youths in Ogun state arrested for skull mining activities, scams and other crimes, what if this is a message that one can still make it without being involved in such? Laycon hussled his way through all ordeals and gained something out of his sole efforts and his drive to make something out of nothing but his originality. Even a billionaire's son couldn't get close to him around how he was accepted, implying even the broke ones still have fans that believe in them and they rays of hope regardless of their current situation.. No crime, no rituals, yet he was purely liked by many, regardless of all odds - which is enough to drive other youths to aim high and believe in themselves.

It doesnt have to be bbnaija, everyone has a talent that can be harnessed but only need to discover themselves. Some are blessed with talents around sports, entertainment, arts etc but just dont know it. Seeing one person getting rewarded often drive others to discover themselves, which I think every society needs. Its a message that everyone can achieve something in life, regardless of their backgrounds.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartMugu: 1:50am On Oct 09, 2020
smeag0l:
what is this one saying?what talent, skill or expertise did laycon showcase in that big brother house ?what is the basis for the governor using tax payers' monies that are supposed to be put to good use for rewarding frivolities ?What is the essence of making him an ambassador other than sending an indirect message to the youth that education does not count?
You may have misunderstood my point. Laycon is a graduate, so the governor's action doesn't translate in anyway to be an indirect message that education isn't important. Laycon had the option of doing what every graduate does - build up resumes looking for jobs here and there and if it doesn't work blame the government and the bad economy.

There's not much difference between a musician like wizkid, an actor like Mr Latin etc being made a brand ambassador than Laycon being one. Not sure why the outrage about Laycon's appointment, it could have been anyone else in the showbiz scene instead of him. Or worse still, get a laptop and start scamming like many youths do. But dude believed in himself and vied in a competition with many others and became an overnight celebrity. That should motivate many youths if you ask me, and the opportunity was open to every youth, including those that dont like the show. I never watched any episode of the show, never voted for none of them, I just like the grass to grace stories, I like hearing good news about people that made something out of nothing. Its Laycon's time today, who knows if God wants you to be the next He will surprise by answering all your prayers? So, let's be joyful for with whoever God has blessed and pray He answers our own prayers too.

May be I'll understand if u can list your reasons why Laycon shouldn't have been considered, yet illiterates and school dropouts get nominated for brand ambassadorship all the time. Timaya for example doesn't have any college degree and he is a brand ambassador for firms. Are you saying the firms are stupid and made the wrong choice? So only people like Wole Soyinka are worthy of being brand ambassadors? The governor is trying to reach the youths by encouraging one of them, I personally dont think his decision is as terrible as yall paint it.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by smeag0l(m): 9:45am On Oct 09, 2020
Brand ambassadorial is a different thing as companies have the freedom to use their monies to do what they want. This is state money,like tax payers money. Why will you use it for such frivolities?awarding such things to someone who had made zero contributionto the state or country?Whose reason for awarding him such is that he spent weeks doing nothing in a reality show house?What happened to the numerous ogun state first class and second class Upper graduates roaming the streets in search of jobs?
SmartMugu:

You may have misunderstood my point. Laycon is a graduate, so the governor's action doesn't translate in anyway to be an indirect message that education isn't important. Laycon had the option of doing what every graduate does - build up resumes looking for jobs here and there and if it doesn't work blame the government and the bad economy.

There's not much difference between a musician like wizkid, an actor like Mr Latin etc being made a brand ambassador than Laycon being one. Not sure why the outrage about Laycon's appointment, it could have been anyone else in the showbiz scene instead of him. Or worse still, get a laptop and start scamming like many youths do. But dude believed in himself and vied in a competition with many others and became an overnight celebrity. That should motivate many youths if you ask me, and the opportunity was open to every youth, including those that dont like the show. I never watched any episode of the show, never voted for none of them, I just like the grass to grace stories, I like hearing good news about people that made something out of nothing. Its Laycon's time today, who knows if God wants you to be the next He will surprise by answering all your prayers? So, let's be joyful for with whoever God has blessed and pray He answers our own prayers too.

May be I'll understand if u can list your reasons why Laycon shouldn't have been considered, yet illiterates and school dropouts get nominated for brand ambassadorship all the time. Timaya for example doesn't have any college degree and he is a brand ambassador for firms. Are you saying the firms are stupid and made the wrong choice? So only people like Wole Soyinka are worthy of being brand ambassadors? The governor is trying to reach the youths by encouraging one of them, I personally dont think his decision is as terrible as yall paint it.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by Ombudsdabomb: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2020
TechyMm0:

Read my comments again and point out anywhere I said all 90 million votes came from one person? Or it happened one weekend, or multiple was not recorded over the 71 days
Dapo Abiodun just made a choice to make Laycon who got large percentage of 90 million Africans vote in BBnaija to represent Ogun youth as an ambassador. This here makes it look like 90 millon Africans voted
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartMugu: 3:25am On Oct 14, 2020
smeag0l:
Brand ambassadorial is a different thing as companies have the freedom to use their monies to do what they want. This is state money,like tax payers money. Why will you use it for such frivolities?

awarding such things to someone who had made zero contributionto the state or country? Whose reason for awarding him such is that he spent weeks doing nothing in a reality show house?What happened to the numerous ogun state first class and second class Upper graduates roaming the streets in search of jobs?
On the boldened, State monies dont have to be spent only on people that have made meaningful contributions to the state or country. Why do states give scholarship to some students? Why do some states send their indegenes overseas to further their studies? To me, its to show them their efforts are acknowledged and to motivate others to do same and expect some rewards. It doesnt have to be bbnaija, it could be anything at all. Whatever me and you do today can translate to something beyond our expectations.
You mentioned 1st class students etc, whats their usefulness in the competition? That they want to read all the time only means their types are the ones that recognize them. Do they have a social life? What have they achieved beyond school grades? Does life revolve around school grades?

To my knowledge, Laycon graduated from Unilag as one of the best in his class, so he's not dumb academically. He prefers entertainment and chose music and the likes, it means he still has a focus. Not everybody wants to be that boring lecturer or however people choose to measure intelligence and achievement.

First class means nothing to nobody if you can't communicate with them in a language they understand. So many first class students without jobs, probably because they lack in certain areas. As stupid as it may sound, interpersonal skills are something we all need but many chose to focus on other skills and leave that behind.

A thorough measure of who needs to be recognized should capture both academic knowledge and social knowledge. Laycon grasped both, he's still learning like everyone, but he was able to show his supporters that he's not all about books. What if academic + social skills are what the governor thought of before making him an ambassador? Are the first class students able to prove their social knowledge? How is social knowledge even measured if not from shows like bbnaija and social reactions to it through votes?

The dude fought for what he wanted and he deserves some accolades.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartMugu: 7:55am On Oct 14, 2020
smeag0l:
Brand ambassadorial is a different thing as companies have the freedom to use their monies to do what they want. This is state money,like tax payers money. Why will you use it for such frivolities?awarding such things to someone who had made zero contributionto the state or country?Whose reason for awarding him such is that he spent weeks doing nothing in a reality show house?What happened to the numerous ogun state first class and second class Upper graduates roaming the streets in search of jobs?

smeag0l:
Brand ambassadorial is a different thing as companies have the freedom to use their monies to do what they want. This is state money,like tax payers money. Why will you use it for such frivolities?

awarding such things to someone who had made zero contributionto the state or country?
Whose reason for awarding him such is that he spent weeks doing nothing in a reality show house?What happened to the numerous ogun state first class and second class Upper graduates roaming the streets in search of jobs?

#1. Your definition of "frivolities" would have helped. I just hope you understand that everybody in the country dont care about aiming to be the next Awolowo, Azikwe and Tafawa Bello. Scratch that off your mindset pls. After those names,, who else is regarded a legend? History books in schools still regurgitate same names over and over again as if no one has achieved anything after them.

We all can't live our lives in one general way because we are innately different. What worked for them back then and made them recognized as early as their late 20''s and early 30's dont apply to this generation. The presidents then even became presidents in their 30s or 40s, far unreachable for today's Nigerian youths.

Our generation has to fight with all we have to even get noticed at all. So whoever succeeds first in making his or her name recognized today has achieved something some of us will never get close to until we die. After death, some of us still won't be remembered like Awolowo and the rest.
Fela died, made his impacts through music -not as an intellectual and his name remains for our generation to acknowledge. Same with Gani Fawehinmi, Azikwe, Tafawa Bello and the likes. What do they all have in common? They all aimed at what they wanted and they got it and the society recognized them for their efforts.

That was back then in their generation, our generation is different now, dont you think we deserve to have people in our generation that will be remembered for something? Thats what every youth should be aiming for, and it doesnt have to be academics or bbnaija, anything that will make anyone standout from the rest. Is Fela recognized as a first class professor? Must we all be first class students to be recognized?

#2 That you think he spent weeks doing "nothing" makes no sense. Was he asleep through the entire show? Would anyone in the society have voted for him if he was asleep and did "nothing" through the weeks? Are those that voted for him stupid for voting for him because you and your camp think they all did nothing on the show? Were you expecting them to start lifting blocks and cement like laborers on the show to prove they were doing "something", so people like you dont think they're doing "nothing" . If you owned the show, what exactly would you want them to do to prove to you that they're doing "something"? Become wrestlers or boxers? If he spent weeks doing "nothing", and you spent the same number of weeks doing "something", can you please tell us about what you achieved from doing "something" while he was doing "nothing" within the same weeks?

#3 State monies dont have to be spent only on people that have made meaningful contributions to the state or country. Why do states give scholarship to some students? Why do some states send their indegenes overseas to further their studies?
To me, its to show them their efforts are acknowledged and to motivate others to do same and expect some rewards. It doesnt have to be bbnaija, it could be anything at all. Whatever me and you do today can translate to something beyond our expectations. If the dude was an undergrad, the state governor could have decided to give him a scholarship worth the same amount. He gave same reward to his a graduate that aimed higher than his expectations and everyone started barking. If you were the governor, you'd only rewards 1st class and 2 class university graduates and expect to be liked by the society? The society is beyond 1st class and 2nd class students bro, you have to be able to mingle with the grassroots to be worth anything to be recognized, and the grassroots doesn't need college degrees at all.

You mentioned 1st class students etc, whats their usefulness in the competition? That they want to read all the time only means their types are the ones that recognize them. Do they have a social life? What have they achieved beyond school grades? Does life revolve around school grades?

#4. Laycon graduated from Unilag as one of the best in his class, so he's not dumb academically. He prefers entertainment and chose music and the likes, it means he still has a focus in life, same way Fela chose music over what he studied in college. Not everybody wants to be that boring lecturer. That you choose to measure intelligence and achievement via academic prowess makes no sense at all because not everybody gives a damn about academics. Being able to read and write is enough for many to make important decisions life needs. Must everyone have first class from a university to even be recognized? Pls let us know where Dangote got his first class from? I bet u don't know, but you know his name, right? Thats all that matters - make your name known through whatever positive ways explorable. How many presidential candidates did Nigeria have in the last general elections? Almost 100, right? Many of them only ran because they wanted to change their status from "Mr" to "Former presidential aspirant". Huge difference and ot happened like they wanted it to because they made an effort.

First class means nothing to nobody if you can't communicate with them in a language they understand. So many first class students without jobs, probably because they lack in certain areas. As stupid as it may sound, interpersonal skills are something we all need but many chose to focus on other skills and leave that behind.

A thorough measure of who needs to be recognized should capture both academic knowledge and social knowledge. Laycon grasped both, he's still learning like everyone, but he was able to show his supporters that he's not all about books.

What if academic + social skills are what the governor thought of before making him an ambassador? Are the first class students able to prove their social knowledge? How is social knowledge even measured if not from inputs the entirety of a society? Winners in elections win because the voters voted for them, winners in bbnaija won because voters voted for them too. So, no difference in both realms - both of them have some societal values that's worth other people's votes.

The dude fought for what he wanted and he deserves some accolades. If you and anyone aim for anything and achieve it, it shouldn't be a problem if your state governor or the president recognizes your effort. While others are asleep, some are working towards their goals. Its life, winners don't strive harder than others bro.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by smeag0l(m): 3:31pm On Oct 14, 2020
Scholarship is given to students because it'sthe responsibilityof the government.
SmartMugu:

On the boldened, State monies dont have to be spent only on people that have made meaningful contributions to the state or country. Why do states give scholarship to some students? Why do some states send their indegenes overseas to further their studies? To me, its to show them their efforts are acknowledged and to motivate others to do same and expect some rewards. It doesnt have to be bbnaija, it could be anything at all. Whatever me and you do today can translate to something beyond our expectations.

To my knowledge, Laycon graduated from Unilag as one of the best in his class, so he's not dumb academically. He prefers entertainment and chose music and the likes, it means he still has a focus. Not everybody wants to be that boring lecturer or however people choose to measure intelligence and achievement.

A thorough measure of who needs to be recognized should capture both academic knowledge and social knowledge. Laycon grasped both, he's still learning like everyone, but he was able to show his supporters that he's not all about books. What if academic + social skills are what the governor thought of before making him an ambassador? Are the first class students able to prove their social knowledge? How is social knowledge even measured if not from shows like bbnaija and social reactions to it through votes?

The dude fought for what he wanted and he deserves some accolades.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartMugu: 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2020
smeag0l:
Scholarship is given to students because it'sthe responsibilityof the government.
Students have to be able to prove they have exceptional qualities to earn scholarships. Every Tom, Dick and Harry cant possibly get scholarships as that is not sustainable for any government.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by smeag0l(m): 4:06pm On Oct 14, 2020
Of course and no one is saying every student should have scholarships. But if that is what the money is spent for then it is justifiable and not on some frivolities. I still maintain that it is a frivolity until you can tell me one lesson you learnt from watching big brother naija for 3 months
SmartMugu:

Students have to be able to prove they have exceptional qualities to earn scholarships. Every Tom, Dick and Harry cant possibly get scholarships as that is not sustainable for any government.
Re: Wale Adenuga Blasts Governor Abiodun For Making Laycon A Youth Ambassador by SmartMugu: 4:50pm On Oct 14, 2020
smeag0l:
Of course and no one is saying every student should have scholarships. But if that is what the money is spent for then it is justifiable and not on some frivolities. I still maintain that it is a frivolity until you can tell me one lesson you learnt from watching big brother naija for 3 months
I never watched any episode of the show, I only read about bits of it here on NL whenever someone posts it. May be I would have watched if it was aired where I live, but thats not the case. I have never met or even communicated with the random people on the show, so no ties to anyone. One lesson I learnt though is that everybody can make something out of nothing and be rewarded for their efforts. BBNaija just happened to what translated to some people's success story, so, lets jubilate with them.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Linda Ikeji Acquires 24Million Naira 2014 Range Rover Sport + Advises Ladies / I Have The Biggest Bum In Nollywood- Didi Ekanem (Pictured) / Adedeji Adeleke Dances To Davido's 1 Milli Song Inside His Private Jet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.