Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom (10171 Views)

Don’t Use Benin Kingdom To Catch Cruise – Kabaka Warns / Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Nbotee:

So U mean to say all the archeological discoveries were also made up right? Are some of U too lazy to even research?

please research yourself and tell me where it was located and the kings that ruled it and when
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Hellraiser77: 7:37am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

it is so obvious that the name is not an edo name but the fact is that ezechime was a product of Benin begotten by an ibo mother during oba esigie reign.

ezechime fled Benin after a conflict between his mother portion and Oba esigie thereby taking along most things that relate to Benin
loool!!! grin See tales by moonlight

It must suck being such a tiny tribe like bini

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 7:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Hellraiser77:
loool!!! grin See tales by moonlight

It must suck being such a tiny tribe like bini

if you have your cooked up history from nri, then tell me where ezechime came from

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by EasternActivist: 7:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

it is so obvious that the name is not an edo name but the fact is that ezechime was a product of Benin begotten by an ibo mother during oba esigie reign.

ezechime fled Benin after a conflict between his mother portion and Oba esigie thereby taking along most things that relate to Benin

Sorry not so fast, you are entitled to your opinion but not entitled to your fact please provide the name of the father and the name of the mother osiso

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by SLAP44: 7:44am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

the story of Nri is a cooked one to suit the likes of Igodomigodo and other African Empire of old.
Igbo were the laziest in ancient history who didn't affect history but history affected them.

Actually, the story of Nri is the only one that makes sense to any rational history student. How can we not realize the uniqueness of the Igbo cultures and traditions as distinct from all the others around it.

All Igbo spread from Nri, that's final.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2020
SLAP44:

Actually, the story of Nri is the only one that makes sense to any rational history student. How can we not realize the uniqueness of the Igbo cultures and traditions as distinct from all the others around it.

All Igbo spread from Nri, that's final.

the fact that you said it doesn't make it final especially when there is an opposing records evens from fellow ibolites not to talk about foreigner

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nbotee(m): 7:47am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

please research yourself and tell me where it was located and the kings that ruled it and when

I dont have to tell U anything.. If U want to believe Nri is made up, den there's absolutely no point

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Pass11: 7:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

What was ezechime bini name? Or do you mean that an Edo man can name his child Igbo name without any native Bini name cheesy grin

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 7:50am On Oct 08, 2020
EasternActivist:

Sorry not so fast, you are entitled to your opinion but not entitled to your fact please provide the name of the father and the name of the mother osiso

I ask a question earlier that

since you think ezechime is from nri, then provide how he came to be from nri with both father and mother included

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by EasternActivist: 7:53am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

since you think ezechime is from nri, then provide how he came to be from nri with both father and mother included

You're not serious, the name eze chime speak for itself, the onus is on you to prove otherwise.

You claimed the mother is Igbo, what's her name and the name of her husband. wink

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by SLAP44: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

the fact that you said it doesn't make it final especially when there is an opposing records evens from fellow ibolites not to talk about foreigner

Its the final we all know, minority voices like you can sometimes come and amuse us all with historical inconsistencies which are very laughable.

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 7:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Pass11:
What was ezechime bini name? Or do you mean that an Edo man can name his child Igbo name without any native Bini name cheesy grin

I clearly told you that mother was an ibo woman

the name ezechime came to fame when he became king in the land of his mother tongue.

ezechime may have had an Edo name but the kingship name supersedes others

but if you think am wrong, please provide the history that link him to nri with both mother and father

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by SLAP44: 7:57am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

You heard Eze, you heard Chime

And you still ask if he is Igbo?

What is wrong with some people's education sef? I blame this on the failed education system in Nigeria.

9 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by SLAP44: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

the name ezechime came to fame when he became king in the land of his mother tongue.

but if you think am wrong, please provide the history that link him to nri with both mother and father

Which history links Owerri or Orlu people to Nri?

Tell us biko?

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

You people no dey tire?
Welcome to nairaland where yoruba and Hausa history revisionists will tell you that Igbo lands was founded by someone tracing his matrineal lineage as if Ndigbo practice matriarchy.
Please which west African ethnic group practice matriarchy?

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:03am On Oct 08, 2020
Nbotee:

I dont have to tell U anything.. If U want to believe Nri is made up, den there's absolutely no point

it's obvious you know nothing that concern history

although am not surprise because ibos have nothing when talking about history and they were affected by history thereby not been able to affect history by worth of might and if you think ibos did please prove their worth of might

#large without worth

Benin to you may seem small but the history of Nigeria cannot be told without Benin

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:04am On Oct 08, 2020
SLAP44:

You heard Eze, you heard Chime

And you still ask if he is Igbo?

What is wrong with some people's education sef? I blame this on the failed education system in Nigeria.
These people don't actually know Ndigbo. Before they used obi claiming that the title shows that they are not Igbo not knowing that the leader of Igbo clans are known as obi. When that one failed they now invented matriarchy as if we are Indians

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by SLAP44: 8:07am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

although am not surprise because ibos have nothing when talking about history and they were affected by history thereby not been able to affect history by worth of might and if you think ibos did please prove their worth of might

#large without worth

Benin to you may seem small but the history of Nigeria cannot be told without Benin

You have ran out of points. I doubt if you are from Bini.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

This Bini people una no dey tire with all these moonlight tales.

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

#large without worth

You make me laugh.
Don't tell me you want to bring Benin of yesterday to the table for history discussion. You won't like the outcome just like the oyo empire guy got the shock of his life yesterday when he engaged Igbo history with this myopic attitude that Ndigbo has no history.
Mr man we know all of your history, starting from when Nri controls all of you guys (including Esan and present day Bini) as Idu.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Pass11: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

So no account was given on his Bini name? As far as I know Igbo tradition too well a man cannot become a King in her mother village cheesy so how did ezechime from Bini land did that?

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

You people no dey tire?
Welcome to nairaland where yoruba and Hausa history revisionists will tell you that Igbo lands was founded by someone tracing his matrineal lineage as if Ndigbo practice matriarchy.
Please which west African ethnic group practice matriarchy?

nothing like matriarchy the king is 75% not Igbo origin but if you think otherwise then prove

all of you arguing rubbish keep on talking without giving your own side of origin

#large without worth

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by adadike(f): 8:09am On Oct 08, 2020
Eastlink:
Trash! Go tell the Benin expansionist that we now understand their landgrabbing tactics. A people of 5 LGA cannot found an ethnic group of over 40m. Benin should look for their brothers in Urhobo, Isoko, Eshan! Any foolish movement towards east of the Orhionwon river would be met with brutal resistance. Maybe it’s time we begin to cure some madness.

Rather it was the Ibos who founded Idu before the coming of the Oba who brought war. Ibos were the founders of Idu and the Ogido dynasty starting from Igodo had Ibo origin.
don't mind then. Until the Oba of Benin speaks on this matter and tell us why secret emissaries were sent to igwe Nri before crowning a new king, any thing coming from an ordinary Benin man as history is thrash

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:09am On Oct 08, 2020
SLAP44:

You have ran out of points. I doubt if you are from Bini.
Benin is a kid of yesterday. They are riding on falsified history made for moonlight tales just like their master the Oyo empire where the yorubas wished they were spartans in middle age

8 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Pass11: 8:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Juliusmalema:

This Bini people una no dey tire with all these moonlight tales.
BINI MAN became a king in Igbo land grin grin moonlight
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:11am On Oct 08, 2020
SLAP44:

Which history links Owerri or Orlu people to Nri?

Tell us biko?

Mr man owerri is not my concern, am talking about onitsha but if you have no history to prove ezechime origin, then I have nothing to say to you
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

nothing like matriarchy the king is 75% not Igbo origin but if you think otherwise then prove

all of you arguing rubbish keep on talking without giving your own side of origin

#large without worth
How many times would the people of Onitsha give their own side of the story?
Mr Bini man answer me this questions to prove that you know the onitsha you are talking about.
How many clans make up onitsha?
Two clans from onitsha still insist that they are from the igala stock, can you tell me their names?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:13am On Oct 08, 2020
SLAP44:

Its the final we all know, minority voices like you can sometimes come and amuse us all with historical inconsistencies which are very laughable.

ok zik is a minority now? because the last I check ibos worship him
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:15am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

ok zik is a minority now? because the last I check ibos worship him
My brother you people shouldn't be concerned about Ndigbo that are free people but yourselves that still have an imposed Oba from Ife.
Remind me the name of the real Bini family that is still claiming the throne. The one that was arrested by the Oba

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

How many times would the people of Onitsha give their own side of the story?
Mr Bini man answer me this questions to prove that you know the onitsha you are talking about.
How many clans make up onitsha?
Two clans from onitsha still insist that they are from the igala stock, can you tell me their names?

like I said I will not say anything again until you guys start giving your own prove of ezechime origin
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 8:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

like I said I will not say anything again until you guys start giving your own prove of ezechime origin

A reasonable person doesn't argue with a thief over his property just like the mother and King Solomon

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 8:17am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

My brother you people shouldn't be concerned about Ndigbo that are free people but yourselves that still have an imposed Oba from Ife.
Remind me the name of the real Bini family that is still claiming the throne. The one that was arrested by the Oba

I have nothing to say until you guys start giving prove

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. / Reps Suspend Plan To Purchase Exotic Cars / Is Fulani Herdsmen Attack Politically Motivated?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.