Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom (10117 Views)

Don’t Use Benin Kingdom To Catch Cruise – Kabaka Warns / Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:
By the way, if u still believe that eze Chima was Igbo, kindly provide proof...

An Igbo man Uche Uwaezuoke Okonkwo wrote a book that
Ezechima: The Historic King that Binds the East and West Niger Igbo
said that eze Chima is Benin... Why can't Igbos agree for once
So with all you peoples "abundant histories" , you are looking for an Igbo man to tell your history.
Lol, a charlatan knows no shame.
See the way he has been going with "this history is from an igbo man"

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
I dont care what you Bini lots do over there in your chiefdom but the minute you start claiming some delusional superiority we will step on your neck and press down....make una face west, those are your relatives. Oba gha tor kpere!

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

LOL, yorubas self.
Well you are right. The real indigenes of igodomigodo are Ogiamiens relatives. Yours are in ile ife

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:
I dont care what you Bini lots do over there in your chiefdom but the minute you start claiming some delusional superiority we will step on your neck and press down....make una face west, those are your relatives. Oba gha tor kpere!
Make we nor dey fight at times

Just take time to read this Igbo site

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/124264146737/eze-chima-c-1500s-eze-chima-was-an-igbo-citizen/amp

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammerP: 12:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

I always ask them the meaning of igodomigodo which has "igodo" in it and they can't answer.
I've told them that Ndigbo are the oldest ethnic group down here and if you they make too much noise we will tell them their history.

THEY WILL SAY IGBO IS COPYING THIS AND DAT, BUT IT IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

THEIR IS A REASON THE WORD IGBO TRANSLATE TO ANCIENT.

WE WERE ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE IN THAT PART AND OTHERS CAME FROM US MIXING AND GENETICALLY OUR PEOPLE TOO.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Before they say Igbo revisionists at work...

I can't wait for a second confrontation between us, so I can flog the shit out your yoruba ass again

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

So with all you peoples "abundant histories" , you are looking for an Igbo man to tell your history.
Lol, a charlatan knows no shame.
See the way he has been going with "this history is from an igbo man"

Instead of u to jejely accept the fact that u are ignorant, u want the beating that I'm giving u to be more intense

The book was about Igbo pple that still have reference to Benin... Its not a book abt Benin...

Pls how did ezechima come to this life

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/124264146737/eze-chima-c-1500s-eze-chima-was-an-igbo-citizen/amp

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:51pm On Oct 08, 2020
hammerP:

THEY WILL SAY IGBO IS COPYING THIS AND DAT, BUT IT IS THE OTHER WAY ROUND.

THEIR IS A REASON THE WORD IGBO TRANSLATE TO ANCIENT.

WE WERE ONE OF THE FIRST PEOPLE IN THAT PART AND OTHERS CAME FROM US MIXING AND GENETICALLY OUR PEOPLE TOO.
Simple, imagine ordinary Benin of yesterday.
The only time we had physical confrontation with them was when a gentle Igbo man was flogging the yorubaness out of their asses

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Instead of u to jejely accept the fact that u are ignorant, u want the beating that I'm giving u to be more intense

The book was about Igbo pple that still have reference to Benin... Its not a book abt Benin...

Pls how did ezechima come to this life

Take a look at your grandfather

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
[s][/s]
Bkayyy:

I can't wait for a second confrontation between us, so I can flog the shit out your yoruba ass again

I don flog am well...All he does is to post pictures now

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:
[s][/s]
I don flog am well...All he does is to post pictures now
Pictures are the only medium to converse with a simpleton

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Take a look at your grandfather

See where u got the pic from..

https://www.nairaland.com/4948045/history-pictures-facts-nigerian-civil

U nor get shame that u now still pics

By the way, see pics of biafran soldiers starving

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

you sound very stu.pid, me Benin? God forbid, what so attractive about benin? a beg we no want ooooo no bi by force, look elsewhere for your lost brothers
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 12:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Its always a common knowledge to us the Nri/Idemmili that Exechime is Igbo but since you claim otherwise the onus is on you. Dont copy and post some outlandish crap online and expect us to accept that. My town is a stone throw from Onicha and not only do speak a similar Igbo dialect, Ide-Ocha but we practice near identical culture. With this I can tell you that no way in this world were Onicha people ever Bini nor even spoke a little Bini or practice their culture. Its impossible!

You Bini people are relatively new to this area you reside hence your ignorance. My grand mother told us the tales of Iduu na Oba and Iduu is not Bini but the vicinity Onicha resided before the war, Agha Iduu na Oba which they , Onicha brought the tales when they settled. The people they settled with were definitely not Bini populace.

And , recently , Agbogidi, Obi Achebe , stated they were Igbo in reverse migration...need I say more?

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 12:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Pictures are the only medium to converse with a simpleton
Debunked... I see that u are clutching at straws now like ur grandfather in the pic below
Etinosa1234:

See lies full in a blog... I don't know why u take blogs as a source for something that happened 900 years back...
There are many sources on Benin history But u chose the one that suits u
lemme help u

Ogiamien is the name of an important royal family in Benin Kingdom. Towards the end of the Ogiso dynasty (12th century), Ogiso Owodo did not have a son to succeed him, his brother Evian therefore took over after Owodo's death in 1130AD. This interrupted the tradition of primogeniture (in which the elder son succeeds to his father) in the Ogiso's rule. Evian had a son who ruled as Ogiamien Erebo which has a meaning close to "king who rules the land of the Binis". Traditionally, the Ogiamien is the owner of the land in Benin Kingdom and once a year the Oba is traditionally renewing the lease of half of the land.

First of.. Evian was not the ogisos brother... He was unnamed... Evian was an administrator of the kingdom, it was due to the fact that the son Ekaladerhan was banished... So while Evian wanted to extend his rule by putting his son. Thus the chiefs revolted, and went to look for the banished prince... To further prove this paragraph is a lie... Erebo wic is said "King who rules the land of the Binis" happens to be false..
Why?
Because according to traditional history wic the Ogiamen also believe, The word Benin was originated from Oranmiyan meaning ile Ibinu meaning land of annoyance and it was said to be because Oranmiyan found it hard to rule them...
And also...As at when the Ogiso/ Evian ruled, the land was still called Igodomigodo
So if the land was still Igodomigodo as at when Evian ruled and changed when Oranmiyan came and left, where did the name Erebo which means"King who rules the land of the Binis" come from if there was no place even called Ile Ibinu as when the fake character"Erebo" was said to have ruled...

During the rule of Ogiamien Erebo, the Benin Kingdom was at war with the troops of Orumiyan, who was actually the grand-son of Izoduwa, a Benin prince then called Ekaladerhan who had fled the Ogiso's court to settle in Ile Ife in Yorubaland as its ruler. This war was therefore a Bini war. Orunmiyan left his son Eweka to continue the fight with the Benin Kingdom and went back to Ile-Ife.
Eweka was successful in mounting pressure on the kingdom of Ogiamien Erebo whose chiefs were starting to warm up to the idea of surrendering to the lead of Eweka.

This is another lie on it own... First according to the Yorubas, when Oranmiyan left Benin, he went straight to Oyo and became the first Alaafin...
Secondly When Oranmiyan came, he married a Benin woman named Erinmwinde and gave birth to Eweka who was dumb at birth...
And its on account that Eweka was made to talk after an incantation and played a marble game(popular in Benin) where he spoke his first words " owomika" meaning my hand got it

Having said that, this further proves that there was no such Benin war

For more info , read abt Egharevba book"A short history of Benin".. Egharevba is one of the biggest indigenous historians in Benin kingdom and his works are everywhere

The rest of the article are just hearsay and the person who wrote the article doesn't have a reference

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 12:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

See where u got the pic from..

https://www.nairaland.com/4948045/history-pictures-facts-nigerian-civil

U nor get shame that u now still pics

By the way, see pics of biafran soldiers starving
Google lens are made for a reason. But I forgot it was for human beings not simpletons.
That was a picture of a gallant biafran soldier giving it to a Bini man in Midwest.
You only understand pictures

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:00pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

you sound very stu.pid, me Benin? God forbid, what so attractive about benin? a beg we no want ooooo no bi by force, look elsewhere for your lost brothers

Seems u are drunk... The book there was not written by me or a Benin man... It was written by ur people... Stop wailing on my mentions

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
hammerP:

DAT ORIGINALLY BELONG TO THE IDU PEOPLE.

IT WAS THE OBA THAT ABOPTED IT, WEN HE ARRIVED FROM IFE.

DO U SEE ANY OTHER OBA USING DAT?

DAT IS ANCIENT AND BELONGS TO US.

BELOW IS ONE OF THE EZE ERI CARRING SAME AND IT IS VERY OLD PICTURE TAKEN BY THE BRITISH.

the crown of the Oba of Benin alone will tell you everything about Benin

that old picture there is Oba Eweka11, 1914_1933

you keep on fooling yourself about the sword

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

Its always a common knowledge to us the Nri/Idemmili that Exechime is Igbo but since you claim otherwise the onus is on you. Dont copy and post some outlandish crap online and expect us to accept that. My town is a stone throw from Onicha and not only do speak a similar Igbo dialect, Ide-Ocha but we practice near identical culture. With this I can tell you that no way in this world were Onicha people ever Bini nor even spoke a little Bini or practice their culture. Its impossible!

You Bini people are relatively new to this area you reside hence your ignorance. My grand mother told us the tales of Iduu na Oba and Iduu is not Bini but the vicinity Onicha resided before the war, Agha Iduu na Oba which they , Onicha brought the tales when they settled. The people they settled with were definitely not Bini populace.

And , recently , Agbogidi, Obi Achebe , stated they were Igbo in reverse migration...need I say more?
The onus is on me to prove , that is why I gave u that book
Lmaoooi...Hope u saw that the book was written by a Igbo man.... channel ur frustration to ur people who think otherwise

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Google lens are made for a reason. But I forgot it was for human beings not simpletons.
That was a picture of a gallant biafran soldier giving it to a Bini man in Midwest.
You only understand pictures

Since all of us wants to be mad
.This is a picture of colonel Ibrahim taiwo flogging a biafran miscreant

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
this one na ibo king abi ?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:
me3p

keep on deceiving yourself

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:08pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:
me3p

keep on deceiving yourself

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Since all of us wants to be mad
.This is a picture of colonel Ibrahim taiwo flogging a biafran miscreant
You and who wants to be mad? Lol
And when did taiwo started wearing biafran logo.
Below is your yoruba benin ancestor receiving it in the only physical contact we had.
And una go still receive am again when the might of the Igbo nation of more than 30 million gallant people fall on your tiny Benin village again

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 1:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Seems u are drunk... The book there was not written by me or a Benin man... It was written by ur people... Stop wailing on my mentions

I said we don't need Benin around us, there is nothing connecting us with Benin people, language oo, genetically oo, facially oo, skin colour oo, I can keep going on and on, nothing to show. so why are you guys try to force yourself on us? Please we don't want you people around us, Benin people dont have anything to offer us and we don't need you people I beg

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

I said we don't need Benin around us, there is nothing connecting us with Benin people, language oo, genetically oo, facially oo, skin colour oo, I can keep going on and on, nothing to show. so why are you guys try to force yourself on us? Please we don't want you people around us, Benin people dont have anything to offer us and we don't need you people I beg
These present day Benin inhabitants are yoruba people. We had contact with the children of Idu (the Esans and few of old igodomigodo)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Shiver99: 1:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
realestate99:

what you don't know is , there were people that have lived in subsaharan Africa before the current set of people who are there presently, probably pre historic times, now the mere fact some archeological artefacts are seen on a land does not mean it belongs to the present occupants of the land, those Egyptian mummies and relics does not belong to current Egyptians because they are Arabs who invaded Egypt in the 7th century.

In Syria, there were excavations that showed black kings and subjects in an area near Damascus, but the current people of syria are not blacks.......so connect the dots

The fact that some civilization were dated and found in ( current igboland) does not mean it belongs to Igbo people, land is static, humans are transient, same applies to every tribe.

But on the main issue, when it comes to history about igbos, damn, it is very shallow!!, and your people are not helping matters, today they are from NRI, tomorrow they are Jews, that is pure lack of identity.

https://faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/igbo/igbo1.htm

I know Igbo history is amazing, but this shameless attempt at trying to steal it is so embarrassing. embarassed

Stick to your own history and stop trying to claim others.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Izupoi3: 1:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

it is so obvious that the name is not an edo name but the fact is that ezechime was a product of Benin begotten by an ibo mother during oba esigie reign.

ezechime fled Benin after a conflict between his mother portion and Oba esigie thereby taking along most things that relate to Benin

nawah ooo , you people can't reason again because of politics, igbos came to the region of bini and igala and dominated it between 12 th and 25th century. it was during the 16th and 17th centuries when the nothners came with their fulanization agenda that the igbos trace back east word
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

You don't have the intelligence , wits and knowledge to debate on this issue. Everything you learned in your history studies was about Bini culture and all the inadequacies that comes with it.

Mind you Exechime didn't drop from the sky at Onicha Ado , he had followers and relatives across the Niger at Western Igbo land like Onicha Olona, Onicha Ugbo, Iselle Azagba , Onicha Ukwu etc. You are a baby in this issues. You are barely an ignorant misseducated Bini boy with unchecked arrogance that's why you can insult Igbo online.

Your forebears like Physics-Ed and company will never attempt insulting the Igbo.

By the way Igbo culture is way too deep if you open your uncivil mind and study it. It's like a beautiful colored wall. Our culture and history is richer than you can imagine being we are very diverse....yours , however rich begins and ends with one man ,your Oba. Nothing more.

My home town Umuoji probably has more beautiful history and culture than your Bini now imagine the whole Igbo nation. You Bini people are playing with fire and your aggressive new Oba better be care....remember all thise virgins your fore father's murdered for sacrifices to win the British war didnt work. Be careful, you have nothing to fight with.

I remember that those virgin were slaves from ibo extract

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

No one needs u... The thread only talked abt the origin of Onitsha... Not whether Benin can survive without Igbos...stop giving ur self high hopes

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Izupoi3:

nawah ooo , you people can't reason again because of politics, igbos came to the region of bini and igala and dominated it between 12 th and 25th century. it was during the 16th and 17th centuries when the nothners came with their fulanization agenda that the igbos trace back east word

Na really 25th century

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 1:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

These present day Benin inhabitants are yoruba people. We had contact with the children of Idu (the Esans and few of old igodomigodo)

how did you have the contact with them

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Goodbye Barcanista-We Will Surely Miss You. / Congrats To Mother And Baby - For Berem. / Bandits Release Five More Students In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.