Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,466 members, 7,816,090 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom (10179 Views)

Don’t Use Benin Kingdom To Catch Cruise – Kabaka Warns / Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:57am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

my men you are just funny

if you know who is talking to u from Benin you will not argue about Benin with him

I was 85% present in the coronation of the present Oba

I was part of the people that follow the Oba from Usama palace down to urhokpota hall.
I was in the Oba palace through out the period witnessing all event

my guy go learn history because Igbo don't have any

U dey mind am... Someone whose source is what an Igbo man posted on Google

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

What's ur source?... Yoruba oral tradition?
I thought u are educated

please Etinosa

the guy should give prove to ezechime origin
don't let him use Ogiamien to run from topic if he want to know about Ogiamien, he should create a thread of it

this thread focus on ezechime
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Yujin(m): 9:58am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

it seem you will rather choose to be a goat than lion because that is what igbos portray

#large without worth
What happened to the bone of contention? Have you surrendered and now turned to your original intent of creating this thread? Shame on you.
Ndigbo are too big for you. We're too resourceful for simpletons like you to debate. Go and look for you mate.

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

U dey mind am... Someone whose source is what an Igbo man posted on Google
Coming from someone with edo website https://www.edoworld.net/History_of_Onitsha.html as reference for the history of an Igbo speaking clan

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Igbos are igalas that are based in the East... I said what I said

You are not serious. This is the most unfounded I have ever come across in history of mankind.

Did you read what you just wrote?

Be guided.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Nonsense... He told u what he means in his own language... U are telling him what it means in ur own language....

Are u sure u are normal like this

I just told him what anyone from igodomigodo will tell him(A KEY THAT UNLOCKS THE KEY)....go and ask an indigene of that town/village they even four market days with same market names as igbos

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:01am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

please Etinosa

the guy should give prove to ezechime origin

don't let him use Ogiamien to run from topic
if he want to know about Ogiamien, he should create a thread of it

this thread focus on ezechime
Frauds, I want you people to unmask yourselves. Claiming someone's identity just because you met the white men first

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:03am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

How can their be two royal families in a kingdom with an unrecognized one still maintaining her royal privileges.
Now that one aside.
Please what do you know about igodomigodo?

U are not in Benin so I don't expect u to be knowledgeable in this matter...

In Benin, there are many royal families in the land...
The chiefs are a royal family, the 7 uzama are a royal family... Ogiamen is a chief.. thats why he's regarded as a royal family

IGODOMIGODO is the ancient city of Benin just be4 it was renamed and it was ruled by Ogiso...
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2020
hammer3:
ANAMBRA AS A STATE HAS A LOT OF WORDS THAT POINT TO MIGRATION OF ITS PEOPLE FROM ANIOMA AND ALL THE WAY TO IDU(BENIN)

OTHER EXAMPLES ARE UPPER IWEKA, WHICH REFERS TO THE FIRST BENIN KING CALLED EWEKA.

ALOT OF WORDS IN ANAMBRA DONT HAVE IGBO MEANING.

WE EVEN HAVE A PLACE IN ANAMBRA CALLED OBA.

THESE NAMES WERE CARRIED ACROSS BY PEOPLE FLEEING FROM IDU(BENIN) AND THEIR SETTLEMENT NAMED AFTER WAT HAPPENED AND CAUSED THEM TO FLEE.

Go back to school, una no go gree.

Sit and listen while the teacher teaches..no, you prefer to be playing in the class and making noise.

Oba can mean someone that is wealthy in igbo, Ezeoba can only mean a well known person and wealthy.

Oba in igbo simply points to wealth.

Next time, stop making noise in class.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:04am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:

I just told him what anyone from igodomigodo will tell him....go and ask an indigene of that town/village they even four market days with same market names as igbos

U practice 7 days a week?... Are u Roman?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Another one.
Esan is here to claim to Onitsha.
Igala and ijaws what are you people waiting for?

good product don't need too much advert, they are wishing to be like us.

can you imagine Benin people want to calm Igbo, ok let us agree that Igbo originated from Benin, my question will be,
1. Why are they not portraying Igbo success, beauty, custom and traditions?

am sorry to say this, Benin people are the most ugliest group of people in Africa, example igbinedion, oshomole, obaseki, izu iyamo etc

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

o boy see oo

Oga talk about pre_ colonial period

#large without worth

What about precolonial period you want to know? when its in public that IGBOS are the oldest tribe in the area called NIGERIA today

NRI KINGDON IS THE OLDEST THE MOST ANCIENT AMONGS ANY KINGDOM EVEN BEFORE THE BRITISH, FRENCH AND GERMANY EVER THOUGHT OF COMING TO AFRICA

NRI KINGDOM IS THE ANCESTRAL LAND OF ANY IGBO MAN

JESUS is this even an argument.... You all argue so boldly like you know what you're saying while you don't angry

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2020
Proeast2:

It seems you're a child with a phone. I won't try to educate you again because it's not worth it. Bye!

all ibo in thread seem to be dull

they can't even prove anything

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Hellraiser77: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

if you have your cooked up history from nri, then tell me where ezechime came from
No he is a bini man, dundee united cheesy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You are not serious. This is the most unfounded I have ever come across in history of mankind.

Did you read what you just wrote?

Be guided.

But u believe Benin are Yoruba... I was just playing with ur illiteracy. Can u also read what u wrote... I guess not

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Nobody: 10:08am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Igbo calendar don't have anything like seven days what we have is four days

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Sarrki... Na God go punish u... U open thread, u nor fit defend am... Hope u don see wetin u dey find

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:

I just told him what anyone from igodomigodo will tell him....go and ask an indigene of that town/village they even four market days with same market names as igbos
Igodomigodo was a town under the control of nri, ruled by the ogiso (Republicans just like us) before her invasion by Ife yoruba warriors. When the siege became uncontrollable, the last ogiso had to partition the town to the descendant of the prince of Ife and ile ibinu was born.
The partitioning came with conditions that ile ibinu (present day Benin) has to pay annual homage to the Ogiamien royal family which is the house of the ogiso that partitioned the town and the new leader of the Ife ile ibinu must visit the Ogiamien shrine before coronation . The house goes with the title "The Ogiamien Royal family of Igodomigodo".
But as nature had it, when the colonialists came. The people they first had contact with was the yoruba Oba of Benin, who them claimed the to be the king of both his ile ibinu and igodomigodo.
The thing here is that the royal family of igodomigodo still maintain her royal privileges till date and does not bow to the Oba of Benin or surrender to her court

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
Juliusmalema:

Sit and listen while the teacher teaches..no, you prefer to be playing in the class and making noise.

Oba can mean someone that is wealthy in igbo, Ezeoba can only mean a well known person and wealthy.

AND WAT IS THE MEANING OF UBA?

OLODO!

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:10am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Igbo calendar don't have anything like seven days what we have is four days

Stop running away from the question...

In ur daily life.. do u practice 4 days or 7 days?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
ABEG, MAKE ALL THIS FAKE IGBO IDIOTS STOP QUOTING ME.

IGBO WANNA BE, STOP QUOTING ME, DO U HEAR?

IT REALLY MAKES MY BLOOD TO BOIL.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:

What about precolonial period you want to know? when its in public that IGBOS are the oldest tribe in the area called NIGERIA today

NRI KINGDON IS THE OLDEST THE MOST ANCIENT AMONGS ANY KINGDOM EVEN BEFORE THE BRITISH, FRENCH AND GERMANY EVER THOUGHT OF COMING TO AFRICA

NRI KINGDOM IS THE ANCESTRAL LAND OF ANY IGBO MAN

JESUS is this even an argument.... You all argue so boldly like you know what you're saying while you don't angry

you said nri is the oldest and am not against your claim but all I ask is for you to prove it and how ezechime originated from it

some ibo on this thread have even said that "not all ibos are from your said nri" but you are still repeating it

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:11am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Igodomigodo was a town under the control of nri, ruled by the ogiso (Republicans just like us) before her invasion by Ife yoruba warriors. When the siege became uncontrollable, the last ogiso had to partition the town to the descendant of the prince of Ife and ile ibinu was born.
The partitioning came with conditions that ile ibinu (present day Benin) has to pay annual homage to the Ogiamien royal family which is the house of the ogiso that partitioned the town and the new leader of the Ife ile ibinu must visit the Ogiamien shrine before coronation . The house goes with the title "The Ogiamien Royal family of Igodomigodo".
But as nature had it, when the colonialists came. The people they first had contact with was the yoruba Oba of Benin, who them claimed the to be the king of both his ile ibinu and igodomigodo.
The thing here is that the royal family of igodomigodo still maintain her royal privileges till date and does not bow to the Oba of Benin or surrender to her court

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:12am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Sorry we practice 4, and extended it to the original owners of Benin, the children of Idu who later were known as igodomigodo. Something a Yoruba Bini man like you cannot understand

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
[s]
Juliusmalema:

[/s]

I KNOW YOUR MONIKER AND I ALSO KNOW U ARE NOT IGBO BUT WAT I DONT KNOW IS Y U FEEL THE NEED TO ALWAYS QUOTE ME?

CAN U TELL ME Y?
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:13am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Coming from someone with edo website https://www.edoworld.net/History_of_Onitsha.html as reference for the history of an Igbo speaking clan

Hope u read the article Posted... The article was made by an Igbo named Chika abanobi

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Emmanuelcann: 10:14am On Oct 08, 2020
Igbo enwe Eze - Igbo have no kings!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Sorry we practice 4, and extended it to the original owners of Benin, the children of Idu who later were known as igodomigodo. Something a Yoruba Bini man like you cannot understand

Where is ur source... Stop regurgitating rubbish and calling in facts

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Hope u read the article Posted... The article was made by an Igbo named Chika abanobi
Are you the father of the author? Anybody can claim any name he or she wants.
For example, My name is Ahmed Muhammed and I am from Iraq

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by adadike(f): 10:16am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

The Oba of Benin's ancestry is actually from Ife
okay but Nri influenced Benin and her crown in those days

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Bombing Stories - Gej / Ambode Presents Cheques To Lagos State Employment Trust Fund Beneficiaries / Political Thugs Attack Oyo Commissioner And INEC Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.