Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom (10171 Views)

Don’t Use Benin Kingdom To Catch Cruise – Kabaka Warns / Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:40am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Bini is actually the newest ethnic group in the southern Nigeria formed after the dissolution of Idu during the war with the Ife yorubas. So I don't understand how a new entity will still be claiming what they are not when we all know them.
They managed to concort moonlight tales and wrote some down due to the fact that they were one of the first people to meet and be subdued by the colonialists. Bini was actually capture in a day (less than 6 hours to be precise)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2020
Let me give you a clue. "Igodomigodo was partitioned"
Now tell us about Ogiamien Royal family

5 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 9:41am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

I have not seem or heard in any angle of the world where a lion will wish to become a tiny goat.

please tell me if you have heard or seen

bini lion that is being ruled by Ile Ife, oga when you are small you are small, you can never measure up to the great ndi Igbo in all ramifications, who are Benin's ? I beg pack well, you people are inconsequential, you cant even measure up to mbaise, or abriba people in population or wealth, small rats they won calm waitin pass them

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 9:41am On Oct 08, 2020
ANAMBRA AS A STATE HAS A LOT OF WORDS THAT POINT TO MIGRATION OF ITS PEOPLE FROM ANIOMA AND ALL THE WAY TO IDU(BENIN)

OTHER EXAMPLES ARE UPPER IWEKA, WHICH REFERS TO THE FIRST BENIN KING CALLED EWEKA.

ALOT OF WORDS IN ANAMBRA DONT HAVE IGBO MEANING.

WE EVEN HAVE A PLACE IN ANAMBRA CALLED OBA.

THESE NAMES WERE CARRIED ACROSS BY PEOPLE FLEEING FROM IDU(BENIN) AND THEIR SETTLEMENT NAMED AFTER WAT HAPPENED AND CAUSED THEM TO FLEE.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by valirex: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Maybe you can help us.
Can you tell us about Ogiamien Royal family?

They are like all other families in Ẹdo, nothing royal about them. If you see them you can decide to bow b4 them it's your choice not mine undecided

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 9:42am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

You dey shame say they go see una for who una really be. I told you that all of una history dey with us the Igbo people.
Tell us about Ogiamien Royal family

I gave u a solution to this your problem

I don't know why Igbos are this foolish to understand simple instruction

#large without worth

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by OfoIgbo: 9:42am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

I really appreciate the fact that you realize that someone post it there

that is that same way the Op of this thread post his

that was how Zik his own

or you are now wiser or older than Azikiwe ?

to have known the history of onitcha better ?

Of course I know way more about the Igbo culture than Zik.

Even in Onitsha, Zik was never an authority on Onitsha history. Hundreds of Onitsha people were more knowledgeable than Zik on Onitsha matters, when he was alive.

That he got a Phd in a US university didn't automatically confer on him, the mastery on Onitsha or Igbo history and traditions.

Let alone moi, that has Nri ancestry, and thus privy to details of Igbo existence that the normal Igbo person is not privy to.

If Zik had sojourned in Nri and learnt from the Nri elders and cultural custodians, then he would have had a tiny hope of being on par with me, with regards to the knowledge of Igbo traditions.

7 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:43am On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:

Igodomigodo is A KEY THATS UNLOCKS THE KEY (IGODO IS KEY IN IGBO LANGUAGE)

NOW DID YOU KNOW IGODOMIGODO HAVE FOUR MARKET DAYS AS THE IGBOS DO(EKE, ORIE,AFOR, NKWOR)

Nonsense... He told u what he means in his own language... U are telling him what it means in ur own language....

Are u sure u are normal like this

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2020
valirex:

They are like all other families in Ẹdo, nothing royal about them. If you see them you can decide to bow b4 them it's your choice not mine undecided
Thank you, can you tell us about the partitioning of Igodomigodo.
Who partitioned which side to?
And why Ogiamien family are royalty to the extent that you people still bow to them to till date without them being recognized in our Constitution?
Please I humbly expect your reply
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Yujin(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

They envy us? Benins just wish they are Igbos, they want to be like us!!!

Igbo Amaka
No need to be hard on Bini people because of one online miscreant.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 9:46am On Oct 08, 2020
valirex:

my men don't say anything that regard Ogiamien

if they want to know about it they create a thread like I said

this thread is about ezechime and they should not be a coward by not proving ezechime nri source.

#large without worth

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:46am On Oct 08, 2020
Ikwerre people : we originated from Benin
Igbos: Lies, u don't know what u are saying

Benin: Onitsha pple originated from us
Same Igbos: So u want to teach me my own history

Talk abt clownery

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by valirex: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

And why Ogiamien family are royalty to the extent that you people still bow to them to till date without them being recognized in our Constitution?

Edo was and will never be partitioned and ogiamen are not royalty only Royalty to the Igbos, last time I checked he has become king to the igbos. Why don't you tell us about Nri?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Talk abt clownery
Finally, Etinosa1234 my good friend. Can you tell us about Ogiamien Royal family?
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Please I humbly expect your reply

Na true... I see u are a popular Benin man for u to become authority on our tradition

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Talk abt clownery

ONITSHA ARE IDU PEOPLE ORIGINALLY.

THE WORD ONITSHA IS A CORRUPTION OF THE REFERENCE WORD USED TO SITE LOCATION OF ESAN SETTLERS BY IGBO WHICH IS ONO ESAN, NOW ONITSHA.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
valirex:

Edo was and will never be partitioned. Why don't you tell us about Eri?
Please my brother, why does the new Oba have to visit their shrine before coronation?

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 9:48am On Oct 08, 2020
Yujin:

No need to be hard on Bini people because of one online miscreant.

it seem you will rather choose to be a goat than lion because that is what igbos portray

#large without worth

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Eastlink(m): 9:49am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

ok na

clash of ibo maggots

shame on ibolites

#large without worth
Shifting goal post. Tell us the real Kings of Benin — The Ogiamen Royal family. I read they want to sue your Oba to court for impersonation. Is it true that your Oba came from Ife, as told by the Ogiamien.

6 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:49am On Oct 08, 2020
hammer3:

ONITSHA ARE IDU PEOPLE ORIGINALLY.

THE WORD ONITSHA IS A CORRUPTION OF THE REFERENCE WORD USED TO SITE LOCATION OF ESAN SETTLERS BY IGBO WHICH IS ONO ESAN, NOW ONITSHA.
Another one.
Esan is here to claim to Onitsha.
Igala and ijaws what are you people waiting for?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Proeast2: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

ibo didn't practice it because they are worthless in creating history

It seems you're a child with a phone. I won't try to educate you again because it's not worth it. Bye!

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:50am On Oct 08, 2020
Eastlink:
Shifting goal post. Tell us the real Kings of Benin — The Ogiamen Royal family. I read they want to sue your Oba to court for impersonation. Is it true that your Oba came from Ife, as told by the Ogiamien.
Bkayyy:

Finally, Etinosa1234 my good friend. Can you tell us about Ogiamien Royal family?

They are just royal Family... Like any other ones...

Benin history says that the last Ogiso was childless...Even in the interregnum, the administrator (Evian)was not from Ogiamen, How then did the Ogiamen claim the right to become the next Ogiso

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by hammer3: 9:51am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Another one.

ESAN IS VERY CLOSE TO IGBO U KNOW.

THEY ARE PRACTICALLY THE SAME PEOPLE, IF U DO DNA TEST.

IN FACT, WAT U CALL BENIN ARE ACTUALLY IGBO PEOPLE.

IT WAS THE INVADING OBA THAT CORRUPTED THEIR LANGUAGE WITH YORUBA.

TILL THIS DAY, MANY IGBO WORDS ARE SPOKEN IN BINI LANGUAGE, ALONGSIDE YORUBA ADDITION.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Eastlink(m): 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Another one.
The attendance is getting complete. The Eshan's has said theirs. We are waiting for the Igala and Ijaw to make their own claim. Lol
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:52am On Oct 08, 2020
Eastlink:
Finally someone that knows the truth.
Whenever I see people arguing with Benin I just laugh because they don't know they are arguing with a fraud.
There is nothing like Benin Kingdom just igodomigodo. This a case of a servant approaching the white man first and claiming the house of his master

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:53am On Oct 08, 2020
Juliusmalema:

You open. thread and now sneak back with this one Lipscomb to monitor your thread but well Bini need to be schooled.

Bini People herself are Yorubas and the earlier they accept the fact the better for them and for oba of Bini.

Igbos are igalas that are based in the East... I said what I said

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

The Oba of Benin's ancestry is actually from Ife

What's ur source?... Yoruba oral tradition?

I thought u are educated

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

They are just royal Family... Like any other ones...

Benin history says that the last Ogiso was childless...Even in the interregnum, the administrator (Evian)was not from Ogiamen, How then did the Ogiamen claim the right to become the next Ogiso
How can their be two royal families in a kingdom with an unrecognized one still maintaining her royal privileges.
Now that one aside.
Please what do you know about igodomigodo?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etrusen(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Please my brother, why does the new Oba have to visit their shrine before coronation?

my men you are just funny

if you know who is talking to u from Benin you will not argue about Benin with him

I was 85% present in the coronation of the present Oba

I was part of the people that follow the Oba from Usama palace down to urhokpota hall.
I was in the Oba palace through out the period witnessing all event

my guy go learn history because Igbo don't have any

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by valirex: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

Prove ezechime nri source

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2020
The truth is ... Every Nigerian wants every tribe to be under his own...
.That's why we hear illiterates say "Benin and Yoruba are the same " or "Igbos came from Israel"
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 9:56am On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

my men you are just funny

if you know who is talking to u from Benin you will not argue about Benin with him

I was 85% present in the coronation of the present Oba

I was part of the people that follow the Oba from Usama palace down to urhokpota hall.
I was in the Oba palace through out the period witnessing all event

my guy go learn history because Igbo don't have any

The new Oba arrested the leader of Ogiamien Royal family incase you forgot and I was also present during the coronation.
Please tell us what you know about igodomigodo

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Bill Seeking To Unban Use Of Tinted-Glass Pass Second Reading In Senate. / Reps Suspend Plan To Purchase Exotic Cars / Is Fulani Herdsmen Attack Politically Motivated?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.