Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom (10226 Views)

Don’t Use Benin Kingdom To Catch Cruise – Kabaka Warns / Sorting Of Votes Has Begun (APC Presidential Primary) / Ize-Iyamu At The Palace Of The President Of Enigies In Benin Kingdom [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:20pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

You and who wants to be mad? Lol
And when did taiwo started wearing biafran logo.
Below is your yoruba benin ancestor receiving it in the only physical contact we had.
And una go still receive am again when the might of the Igbo nation of more than 30 million gallant people fall on your tiny Benin village again

Lol... He don lose argument he's shifting goalposts... Typical Igbo strategy ...how many times did Ojukwu change capital

Nsukka, umuahia port Harcourt awka

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Bkayyy:

These present day Benin inhabitants are yoruba people. We had contact with the children of Idu (the Esans and few of old igodomigodo)

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
Izupoi3:

nawah ooo , you people can't reason again because of politics, igbos came to the region of bini and igala and dominated it between 12 th and 25th century. it was during the 16th and 17th centuries when the nothners came with their fulanization agenda that the igbos trace back east word

Oga swerve
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 1:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

No one needs u... The thread only talked abt the origin of Onitsha... Not whether Benin can survive without Igbos...stop giving ur self high hopes

Origin of Onitsha? you people are thieves, so after your people lost trying to calm Lagos, your attention have now move to Onitsha, it will never work, tomorrow you will be calming PH, Uyo and Calabar.... you people have big eye oooo..

3 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Origin of Onitsha? you people are thieves, so after your people lost trying to calm Lagos, your attention have now move to Onitsha, it will never work, tomorrow you will be calming PH, Uyo and Calabar.... you people have big eye oooo..
Goan read abt Lagos... Its history is not complete without mentioning Benin so stfu... I know say u wan cry now

I can imagine how u'll be posting this... With foam coming out of ur mouth

Take this link and go to sleep

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/124264146737/eze-chima-c-1500s-eze-chima-was-an-igbo-citizen/amp

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 1:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol... He don lose argument he's shifting goalposts... Typical Igbo strategy ...how many times did Ojukwu change capital

And how many hours Ojukwu use to budoz Benin?

4 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

And how many hours Ojukwu use to budoz Benin?

I knew you will say something like this... The expert in shifting goalposts...

Now Lemme educate u..

Firstly... Benin on its own doesn't have a standing army... So can u explain how do u expect it to fend off invaders

Secondly As at when ur forefathers strolled in months before their untimely death, the Midwest soldiers were undecided on who to join
The Midwest igbo joined Biafra ... So when Biafra strolled in , there was little or no resistance from any one in Benin...

I understand ur plight tho,... That was the only vIctOry outside the shores of Igbo land that's why u cherish it so much...

So remind me, what happened on September 20-21 1967

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

I remember that those virgin were slaves from ibo extract

Well, they could be from anywhere but that's not the point. The point is that you are your Oba should be careful...lol. This is not when you invaded your neighbors villages to kidnap people to sell.....be careful, you don't have any resources but powerless fetish objects your Oba had used to enslave your mind.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:40pm On Oct 08, 2020
So the only battle that Biafra won outside the shores of Igbo was when they strolled into Benin with little resistance...

No wonder they cherish it cos they couldn't face heavy opposition

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 1:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I can imagine how u'll be posting this... With foam coming out of ur mouth

Take this link and go to sleep

https://ukpuru.tumblr.com/post/124264146737/eze-chima-c-1500s-eze-chima-was-an-igbo-citizen/amp

Hahahahah, they wish to be us, they like associating with progress, with success because we ahead, we are progressing.

but honestly, if you have one third of our gene in you, we will know, at least, benin would have made progress, expanded to new frontiers, bini people would have developed more cities and towns but the reverse is the case, Benin is stagnant, no progress since 18 century, nothing is added nothing is removed, still same. truthfully there is nothing connecting us.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I knew you will say something like this... The expert in shifting goalposts...

Now Lemme educate u..

Firstly... Benin on its own doesn't have a standing army... So can u explain how do u expect it to fend off invaders

Secondly As at when ur forefathers strolled in months before their untimely death, the Midwest soldiers were undecided on who to join
The Midwest igbo joined Biafra ... So when Biafra strolled in , there was little or no resistance from any one in Benin...

I understand ur plight tho,... That was the only vIctOry outside the shores of Igbo land that's why u cherish it so much...

So remind me, what happened on August 20-21 1967

Even if you decided to fight the Biafran soldiers you would be decimated. You think this is knives and koboko? Of course , Anioma were gonna join their kins. This is the region with Dennis Osadebe, Achuzia, Nzeogwu , Ben Gbulie etc. You thought they were gonna join Bini ? Smh

When we tell you Bini aggressors to tone it down you thought we were bring deluded. You are too little with nothing to fight with. Even Afemai and the Esans who look like the Igbo won't join you.

2 Likes

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Hahahahah, they wish to be us, they like associating with progress, with success because we ahead, we are progressing.

but honestly, if you have one third of our gene in you, we will know, at least, benin would have made progress, expanded to new frontiers, bini people would have developed more cities and towns but the reverse is the case, Benin is stagnant, no progress since 18 century, nothing is added nothing is removed, still same. truthfully there is nothing connecting us.
How does this correlate with ezechima?

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:
So the only battle that Biafra won outside the shores of Igbo was when they strolled into Benin with little resistance...

No wonder they cherish it cos they couldn't face heavy opposition

They fought the British and Nigeria for 30 months! Think about that for a minute....you thought it was the Nigerian soldiers we were fighting. Fire for fire we killed more Nigerian soldiers but of course the starvation dealt the biggest blow.

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:47pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

Even if you decided to fight the Biafran soldiers you would be decimated. You think this is knives and koboko? Of course , Anioma were gonna join their kins. This is the region with Dennis Osadebe, Achuzia, Nzeogwu , Ben Gbulie etc. You thought they were gonna join Bini ? Smh

When we tell you Bini aggressors to tone it down you thought we were bring deluded. You are too little with nothing to fight with. Even Afemai and the Esans who look like the Igbo won't join you.

Lol... Afemai and esans won't join ?

But they'll join Igbos?... Why didn't dey join as when Biafra was created...

Firstly how does esan look like Igbo... Just refer me to one historical record..

Its like this dumbness is normal in Igbos

Typical chest beating as usual, the same Ojukwu made when he said the Nigeria army won't get an inch of his army

The story cannot be completed again

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:

They fought the British and Nigeria for 30 months! Think about that for a minute....you thought it was the Nigerian soldiers we were fighting. Fire for fire we killed more Nigerian soldiers but of course the starvation dealt the biggest blow.

Lol... Starvation is part of tactics,.. in war, u use all the alternative u have so spare me that crap of starving...

If u don't know, France also helped Biafra... Stopped playing victim of the whole world left u...

Go and check the belligerents of the war and stop saying the whole world against us....

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
Obviously my work here is done... They are tryna talka abt civil war as they've lost ability in the previous ones, but I'm not ready for that now...
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
And , for future reference, royalty is something you adore not fear.
The British adore and respect the queen but the Bini are scared of their Oba....a common human ! I lived at Ohoro road for 5yrs and my family owned business at Omo street dealing in cigarettes. I know the Oba square very well. The Bini are cool but scared of their Oba and to me that's not healthy

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol... Starvation is part of tactics,.. in war, u use all the alternative u have so spare me that crap of starving...

If u don't know, France also helped Biafra... Stopped playing victim of the whole world left u...

Go and check the belligerents of the war and stop saying the whole world against us....

America doesnt stop food coming to a country they wage war against....you face the army and defeat them! Fight the army not babbies and mothers , you ppssycho !!
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by IDENNAA(m): 1:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Well , the thread has been derailed. Good bye
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 2:03pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Lol... Afemai and esans won't join ?

But they'll join Igbos?... Why didn't dey join as when Biafra was created...

Firstly how does esan look like Igbo... Just refer me to one historical record..

Its like this dumbness is normal in Igbos

Typical chest beating as usual, the same Ojukwu made when he said the Nigeria army won't get an inch of his army

The story cannot be completed again

We are formidable, we are fearless we are capable, that's is why your story can not fly, ezechima gene and lineage has nothing to do with bini blood, and we can't continue to listen to your Super Story, face your benin people and think of how to organise the little ones that are remaining and channel this energy you are wasting here to move them into prosperity. please am begging you, because you are just wasting your precious time here.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 2:06pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:
Obviously my work here is done... They are tryna talka abt civil war as they've lost ability in the previous ones, but I'm not ready for that now...

Come here!! where are you running to?

you must finish what you started
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2020
IDENNAA:
And , for future reference, royalty is something you adore not fear.
The British adore and respect the queen but the Bini are scared of their Oba....a common human ! I lived at Ohoro road for 5yrs and my family owned business at Omo street dealing in cigarettes. I know the Oba square very well. The Bini are cool but scared of their Oba and to me that's not healthy

No one is scared of Oba... We respect him according to our strong tradition....
Most Benin are proud of their culture and the Oba is the custodian of the culture

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Etinosa1234: 2:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ngorbungor:

Come here!! where are you running to?

you must finish what you started

I dey busy... But we nor dey quarrel... U still be my real g

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Ngorbungor(m): 2:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

I dey busy... But we nor dey quarrel... U still be my real g
Correct man
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Bkayyy: 3:04pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etinosa1234:

Typical yoruba benin man,
Below is the language you understand

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Sainz: 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
ezenwajosh:
Just google the oldest tribe in Nigeria

And google agha idu na oba

Dont mind them WISE ONE!!! They no nothing about the Igbo History
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by jude79(m): 3:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
hammer3:
ONITSHA PEOPLE OWN WAT WE NOW CALL BENIN, BEFORE THE OBA INVADED FROM ILEIFE.

IN THEIR TIME, IT WAS CALLED IDU.

YES THE PEOPLE OF ONITSHA ARE A MIXTURE OF ALL THE PEOPLE THAT INHABBIT IDU.

I BELIEVE THE WORD ONITSHA INCORPORATE THE WORD ESAN, AS MANY OF THE SETTLERS WHO RAN FROM IDU WERE THE ESAN.

IN OTHER WORDS, SOME OF ITS EARLY FOUNDERS WERE IGBO AND ESAN.

THE WORD ONITSHA MAY BE A CORRUPTION OF THE WORD ONO ESAN.

Onitsha means the back of my homestead in Igbo
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by jude79(m): 3:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
People should be guided in posting trash as history. Onitsha is on the Eastern part of river niger, while asaba is on the Western side that means, river niger divided the two towns. If you are Igbo you'll notice a distinct difference between the dialect of the two Igbo clan, there's more similarity in the dialect of obosi, ogbaru, oba, upto ihialla, awka through amawbia awka down to agu ukwu nri to onitsha as you go inland into anambra state than between asaba, izelle azagba, and other communities in the Western side.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Donarozzi: 6:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Yujin:
It's so funny how some people wish to perpetuate this Benin origin for a lot of communities in Anioma.

The whole of Anioma is Igboland. Some Anioma indigenes work so hard to disprove their Igboness, and such attitudes are usually a result of the social and psychological impact of the Benin kingdom as well as the African man's tendency to value a foreign phenomenon against his own indigenous phenomenon. Certainly, we know that Edo and other people migrated into Anioma and became indigenes, but their numbers are insignificant compared to the Igbo indigenes. We may portion Anioma into three Igbo cultural areas: Enuani, Ukwuani, and Ika. And to put it to statistical perspective, we may find out that Enuani is 96% Igbo, Ukwuani 97% Igbo, and Ika 80% Igbo. Specifically on Ika: the eastern part of Ika is about 90% Igbo origin while the western part of Ika is about 70% Igbo origin. That is how Ika area averages out to 80% Igbo. Tallying the numbers together, we may say that Anioma is 91% Igbo by ancestry. Generally, for the seven Igbo states, this is the estimate in terms of the ancestry of the indigenes:

Abia: 95% Igbo
Anambra: 96% Igbo
Anioma: 91% Igbo
Ebonyi: 96% Igbo
Enugu: 95% Igbo
Imo: 98% Igbo
Rivers: 94% Igbo (that is, Igbo areas of the state)

1 Like

Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Yujin(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Donarozzi:

The whole of Anioma is Igboland. Some Anioma indigenes work so hard to disprove their Igboness, and such attitudes are usually a result of the social and psychological impact of the Benin kingdom as well as the African man's tendency to value a foreign phenomenon against his own indigenous phenomenon. Certainly, we know that Edo and other people migrated into Anioma and became indigenes, but their numbers are insignificant compared to the Igbo indigenes. We may portion Anioma into three Igbo cultural areas: Enuani, Ukwuani, and Ika. And to put it to statistical perspective, we may find out that Enuani is 96% Igbo, Ukwuani 97% Igbo, and Ika 80% Igbo. Specifically on Ika: the eastern part of Ika is about 90% Igbo origin while the western part of Ika is about 70% Igbo origin. That is how Ika area averages out to 80% Igbo. Tallying the numbers together, we may say that Anioma is 91% Igbo by ancestry. Generally, for the seven Igbo states, this is the estimate in terms of the ancestry of the indigenes:

Abia: 95% Igbo
Anambra: 96% Igbo
Anioma: 91% Igbo
Ebonyi: 96% Igbo
Enugu: 95% Igbo
Imo: 98% Igbo
Rivers: 94% Igbo (that is, Igbo areas of the state)
You're mostly correct though I disagree with some percentage.
Enugu is 97%(certainly higher than Anambra), Imo is 100%,
Abia is 99%
Ebonyi is 96%
Anioma is less than 90% (Ika should be 80%, Enuani is 92% and Ukwuani should be 92%.
This tendency of foreign phenomenon is worse among Ndigbo. Is it not even affecting our language today? A language of about 40million speakers yet has no newspaper publishing news in that language. We so much cherish foreign things of value.
Most Anioma kings who claim blood line with the Benin do so just to get prestige and appear better than the other Anioma communities. Isn't it the same thing the King of Agbor did by changing his inherited title of Obi to Dein? Recently, his stewards have started copying the styles of other royalties from distant lands just to make it appear that he's so unique or bigger than other royalties from Anioma. It's so funny.
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by Yujin(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
jude79:

Onitsha means the back of my homestead in Igbo
Have always wanted to know this. Onitsha is scattered all over Igboland.
What's the meaning of 'Owerre'?
Re: Onitsha Begun With Migration Of Its People From Benin Kingdom by blacknp(m): 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2020
Etrusen:

have been following your talk for long but I just refuse to reply because I feel that

Igbo's have nothing to say when it come to history

Igbo's from time past are just nothing when opening the pages of raw African history.

anyway I want you to answer this question

where is the oldest Igbo kingdom located ?

who was it first king ?

how far did the kingdom spread ?

Good question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Profile Of Bala M. Bello, Member Of Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) / Edo Ministry Staff Slumps And Dies After Okpekpe Road Race / Malala's Letter To Nigeria's Abducted Schoolgirls: 'solidarity, Love, And Hope'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.