Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,637 members, 7,813,110 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:13 AM

Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria (34466 Views)

Man Refuses To Be Arrested By SARS In Benin. Photos/video / How, Why We Created SARS - Ex-igp Mike Okiro / Vikings Cultist Shot Dead By SARS In Enugu (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by anochuko01(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
miketayo:

what is the work of police, DSS and co, do you know how many police agencies we have in this country
SARS aren't normal police nor dss.
They're trained to chase and kill robbers. With proper reforms everyone would be alright.

How often do you hear of bank robbery? Government weren't foolish when they set up SARS, it's just unfortunate that they're now a subject of controversy.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by IAmAmbrose(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
sirblend:
Most of the people who want SARZ to be eliminated are either yahoo boys or they benefit small giveaway from them.

I was in Lekki few months ago and I noticed that most of the guys riding flashy cars are into fraud.

Most are even driving cars without plate numbers. All the know is to bill their maga and when he pays they use the money to buy BENZ, Bleep dirty olosho, smoke weed and drink fake Hennessey.

SARS should continue with their good job.

Kai kai man ... Chief Noticing officer how you do you notice them ... You move around with "I press laptop detecting machine" or what??
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 08, 2020
The only thing that'll make robbers happy that there is no more SARS is just the fact that there won't be any group to compete with them in the criminal market.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by olakan22: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
The man is right. Thorough reform is desirable but total ban could be bad except a new tactical unit would be floated by the police from the scratch.

Plus the whole thing is about is a result of decades of organizational indiscipline and corruption. A total overhaul of the police force would do a lot of good
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 08, 2020
dvdlamb:
Okiro could not have said it better. SARS should be restructured and rebranded. Outright banning of the Organization will do more harm than good. Many criminals, robbers especially will have a free day to operate.

If not for the country being sick, the SARS have no business patrolling. They are to respond to distress calls (just like the usual SWAT teams) when it comes to armed attacks.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
okpalaAnambra:

At all.. Real yahoo boys aren't even afraid of SARS too because they make friends with sars and settle them.. Some people no sabi Wetin de happen

Some people are living in a bubble. You'd be shocked to know some people still believe Nigeria is a well run country.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
These men are thieves and blood sucking demons. They go after armed robbers and not this day light robbery and killings they are into.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by BafanaBafana: 10:52pm On Oct 08, 2020
fatymore:
#Reform not Outright ban

Strict laws should be put in place for erring officers
Oh, you think there are no strict laws in place for erring officers?
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Ghostmode2two(m): 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
Kingbenn:
Mini importation have turned many Nigerians into millionaires.
Imagine buying women's designer bags for 5000 naira and selling for 25000 naira.
That's pure 20k profit on one product
Just selling 5 of that bag will give you 100k.
Some products are very easy to sell compared to others
Things around weight loss, health, women's beauty, fashion, electronics, gadgets sells very well in Nigeria
I remember selling a 100 naira pink lips balm for 500 naira.
I don't need to tell you how hot this product is �
The profits in this business is too much mehn.

Join the best team by sending IMPORT to

ZERO EIGHT ZERO 6:3:3:5:6:6:0:0. On WhatsApp

After sending IMPORT then what next? Seminar?
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by jaystix(m): 10:58pm On Oct 08, 2020
Uga go and rest jare...how many armed rubbers have they caught
They should go and fight boko haram n bandits in the forest and not troubling innocent citizenz
#EndSARS
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by seunayantokun(m): 11:02pm On Oct 08, 2020
Greenbirth:
SARS in the morning Arm robbers in the night. They should go we are tired of them. Killers.

Who are the armed robbers in the first place?

Secondly, isn't Nigerian system of government producing armed robbers?

Can Okiro say before God that he is confident in the Nigeria Police as it is?

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by DrinkWater10: 11:09pm On Oct 08, 2020
EVILFOREST:

Yes oooo
It's already an Agenda.
ARMED ROBBERS frustrated me until Family and Friends started avoiding me.
They felt they could be robbed if they joined me in my residence or any vehicle I was traveling in.
I hurriedly left because I felt like an alien in my country.
Back in Nigeria what state were you living in abeg. Some places need to be avoided.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by smallsmall: 11:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
jaybenugo:

Mike okiro
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/419157-former-igp-advises-against-banning-sars.html

Mike Okiro is one of the worst and most corrupt policeman in Nigeria's history.
He is one of those that instituted the very high level of corruption the Police is experiencing today.
Useless He-goat
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by bigass123(m): 12:13am On Oct 09, 2020
Do you know what your problem is? BITTERNESS AND JEALOUSY. If you're that oppressed by their flashy rides why not double your Hustle.
There are a thousand and legit ways to make money online these days. Every young man riding flashy cars isn't into fraud. So you think everyone calling for their disbandment is into fraud... Get some brains.
But if you refuse you or someone very dear to you will experience Nigerian SARS very soon. Until then you will know why the agitation is much.

sirblend:
Most of the people who want SARZ to be eliminated are either yahoo boys or they benefit small giveaway from them.

I was in Lekki few months ago and I noticed that most of the guys riding flashy cars are into fraud.

Most are even driving cars without plate numbers. All the know is to bill their maga and when he pays they use the money to buy BENZ, Bleep dirty olosho, smoke weed and drink fake Hennessey.

SARS should continue with their good job.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 12:19am On Oct 09, 2020
It's laughable to hear some youths shouting...end SARS, including the G-Guys, kidnappers, rapists, ritualists and fraudsters protesting nationwide. SARS cannot be ended because doing so would be a recipe for chaos in our land. I welcome reform of SARS instead. Most of those recruited are not different from those criminals. The only difference is that, they are permitted to carry gun openly with police uniform vest on. I was in Delta last week and I saw one SARS toasting a girl in asaba , asking for her number, during an operation. They had succeeded in stopping 3 exotic cars already. This is barbaric
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Rozeberry11: 12:35am On Oct 09, 2020
The main target of sars are only to accuse youth in a nice outfit.. they be like you are into internet fraudster... yes sars should be completely abolished
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by miketayo(m): 1:05am On Oct 09, 2020
anochuko01:

SARS aren't normal police nor dss.
They're trained to chase and kill robbers. With proper reforms everyone would be alright.

How often do you hear of bank robbery? Government weren't foolish when they set up SARS, it's just unfortunate that they're now a subject of controversy.
SARS are criminals that have stayed long in prison, then they use them to catch thieves, they are not specially trained or anything like that. Have u met them close up, one came to cut his hair and I was leaving while he was coming, looking like a thief and smelling awful. I almost ran I until I saw d sars on his jacket
There was a Bank robbery in June after they eased d lockdown, what did sars do about d one million boys? Don't deceive yourself, gov can't reform SARS, with in a month it's back to the same story. A criminal will always be a criminal when you put a gun on his hands

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by kpajie1: 1:29am On Oct 09, 2020
u are lying we are ok.with amu rubber .end sars okiro pls.i lost one of my eye because of sars.and am innocent.all we are saying end up sars
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by movid(m): 1:34am On Oct 09, 2020
Come to think of it it's not only Sars tht is extorting, a regular police officer is doing that too. Majorly all of them are extorting.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by uuzba(m): 2:26am On Oct 09, 2020
thesicilian:
What is now the job of the regular police officers?
Why is it that there is no single police or SARS on this Nairaland site/comments?
If anybody is SARS or police in this comments section, you will have an idea what they are passing through on a daily basis and comment about it.

I used to complain about my boss/oga until I setup my own business. Then I finally understood the stress that the boss/me is suffering and why the boss sometimes behaves wicked somehow.

3 Likes

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:29am On Oct 09, 2020
jaybenugo:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/419157-former-igp-advises-against-banning-sars.html

WHY IS NIGERIAN ELDERS SPECIALIZED IN LIES IT IS A CRITERIA TO BE AN ELDER IN MODERN NIGERIA

I AM OLD ENOUGH TO REMEMBER THE GOOD OLD DAYS WHEN YOU CAN GET THEM WORDS TO THE BANK
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 2:40am On Oct 09, 2020
It would be true if SARS actually targeted armed robbers instead of young men carrying laptops and smart phones.

Create a new unit, with good training in both fighting crimes and human rights, give them police helicopters & bullet-proof trucks to pursue thieves & closely monitor their work.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Martinez39s(m): 2:50am On Oct 09, 2020
Why won't armed robbers be happy when their greatest competitor (SARS) are no more?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:07am On Oct 09, 2020
Then they should do their job description and allow the right agency e.g EFCC and ICPC tackle cybercrime, it’s not rocket science.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by shedomains: 4:44am On Oct 09, 2020
dvdlamb:
Okiro could not have said it better. SARS should be restructured and rebranded. Outright banning of the Organization will do more harm than good. Many criminals, robbers especially will have a free day to operate.
leave them they dont know what they are toiling with,especially in a city like ph,where the bad boys even have better guns than the police force.it really going to be a filled day for the robbers.
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by thesicilian: 4:49am On Oct 09, 2020
uuzba:

Why is it that there is no single police or SARS on this Nairaland site/comments?
If anybody is SARS or police in this comments section, you will have an idea what they are passing through on a daily basis and comment about it.

I used to complain about my boss/oga until I setup my own business. Then I finally understood the stress that the boss/me is suffering and why the boss sometimes behaves wicked somehow.
Most Nigerian bosses are just plain wicked and not worthy of emulation. What many of them call being strict is simply wickedness, no need to paint it. Speaking as one who has also seen both sides of the employee/employer divide.

And talking of the issue of SARS on nairaland, I guess they are here but just keep to themselves because the forum is generally anti-sars. Probably very busy anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by kizyalex10(m): 4:55am On Oct 09, 2020
jaybenugo:

when they re the real licenced armed robbers .the basic requirement needed to be a sars official is to transform to a beast .they re still police,let them stay in d station nd wait for distress calls nt on d street to harrass innocent citizens

1 Like

Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by Tamart: 5:13am On Oct 09, 2020
When they're the armed robbers themselves�
Re: Mike Okiro On SARS: Amed Robbers Will Be Happy There Is No More SARS In Nigeria by rajiedreez: 5:14am On Oct 09, 2020
How many armed robbery attacks has SARS averted since inception

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ugandan Student Hangs Himself After Being Dumped By His Girlfriend. Photos / 2 Generator Thieves Beaten In Ikom, Cross River State (Graphic Photos) / Man Poses As A Staff Of Linda Ikeji To Steal & Rob At Events (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.