Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? (40898 Views)

What Is That New Song You Just Can't Get Off Your Head Right Now... / Wanna Record, Mix & Master Ur Song(s) / Record Yoυr Song(s) At Our Studio Today, We Charge Lowest Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
Geng by mayorkun

4 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by CzarChris(m): 10:12pm On Oct 08, 2020
That wizkids first hit song "holla at your boy" still don't get the hype in that song.
FEM
Soapy
One Corner.

Infact the list is endless. Will keep updating

4 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 08, 2020
Acidosis:
1. 90% of Burnaboy's songs.
2. All Small Doctor's songs (glad the dude and his songs have ceased to exist)
3. Wizkid's No Stress
4. Rema's songs (except one sha)
5. Hop in my Maserati nonsense from whoever sang the song

On the other hand, anything from (1) Laycon, (2) Omah Lay, (3) Joeboy and (4) Fireboy MUST make sense to me even if they sing doh reh mi fah soh lah ti doh..

You are funny. You said even if they sing doh reh mi fah..
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Acidosis(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
Babygirltess:

and the stupid American trap songs you listen to is filled with what, double of what you just listed above

Inferiority complex issues. When they say they don't like Nigerian songs in general, they're indirectly saying they don't dig Afrobeats.

Afrobeat is our thing. We won't trade it for America's pop.

11 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:14pm On Oct 08, 2020
willybaby:
Make I sit-down d observe as them the list wack naija songs.. To be honest and sincere I feel most Nigerian songs these days are wack.. No lyrics, no inspiration just nude ladies on music videos and crazy beats

Nigerian songs are generally made to get you off your feet and dance, every Tom, Dick and Harry knows that. However, you can't tell me that you don't know any nigerian singer whose songs have good lyrics or inspires you. (Since that is what you look for)

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by dazzlingd(m): 10:15pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fact1:
Wonderful,,,,by burna

Jerusalema ,, I don't like day song at all,,,,,,,

All recent wizkid music,,,

all nairamarley song except aye

Olakira,,,meseratii,, I'm still finding what's special about this music,,,,,,,i just don't like it,,,,,,,

Ag by adekunle gold

Lemme stop here this is what i can remember,,,,,,

But op you said you don't like mad by wurld ,,,i love it like mad,,, you're d first person dat i know dat didn't like the music,,,

Smh.

Jerusalema is a nice song fa
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Sambaby7640: 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Smile by WizKid
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:16pm On Oct 08, 2020
Enwhen:

What is shit again , if Na piece and shit as u said , why many people come Iike am ?... Noise making ? , U don enter Oshodi market to hear noise ?... Oya sing your own Na ...Abi u think say e easy ?... If them decide to.sing for u now , Na hungry go kill.them, morning , afternoon, evening go be garri... Abeg allow them sing weting go put fried rice and chicken for their table instead of the good one wey go put garri garri garri for their table...peace!

leave him. remember, his own poison can be your own food.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Yugoos: 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
FEM
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by sammysneh(m): 10:17pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

Woman by Rema is not bad. Especially the, I too like woman, I too like woman
Me I no dey gboran, me I no dey gboran
I too like woman, I too like woman
Me I no dey gboran, me I no dey gboran
Sa koloweko eh (oweko)
Sa koloweko eh (oweko)
Ikebe wamé jar
Jar one, jar two, jar three

Wow u know all the lines in day song

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Oct 08, 2020
dazzlingd:

Smh.

Jerusalema is a nice song fa

Hmmmm,,i just don't like it,,,,,,,,,,,

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awol1:
Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

It therefore wouldn't be invalid to say, when it comes to appreciation of music, that the beauty of music is in the ear of the beholder. And if we remember that music has been defined, by some, as food to the soul, it means therefore, that what is food to one's soul may be poison to the soul of another when you consider that we all have different soul.

There's no objective yardstick to judgment of art because aesthetics judgment is purely subjective.

I'm compelled to ask this question because most time, I've seen songs that are hit but just can't make it into my playlist. Some hit songs irritate me actually.

So what's that hit song that everyone else grooves to but just doesn't cut it for you?

For me, it's:-

1) Mad by Wurld
2) Mafa Mafa by DMW
3) No Stress by Wizkid
4) Wonderful by Burna Boy
5) Yeye Boyfriend by Bolanle ft Zlatan
6) Issa Goal by Naira Marley
7) Lady by Rena
cool Gelato by DJ Cuppy
9) Call by Joeboy
10) Wo, Woske, Pawo, etc, by Olamide.

Make I stop here.

What's your own?

Parte scatter by whoever that is.
Gelato by Cuppy cat
Call by whoever that is again.
All Olamide's songs except for the ones that went really viral like Pawon.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Enwhen(m): 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

leave him. remember, his own poison can be your own food.

Is not like I like I have any favourite of thinks any Nigerian musics is a hit, but I don't have any distaste for them, cos that's what Nigerians want. The country is hard , hunger they, most them have sing good musics before , nobody wants to hear that one ... So , he is very wrong to call their efforts shit and noise, Inasmuch, as o dont like their musics I can't call it shit or noise no matter what...

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Brayss(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nuttella:
Geng by mayorkun
i like geng, but it never made it to my playlist.

Set awon geng geng geng (Geng)
Pepper dem geng (Geng)
Happy geng geng (Geng)
Just best friends (Geng)
Set awon enugbe geng (Geng)
Bad mouth geng (Geng)
Akube Balenciaga geng (Geng)
One Hennessy, 20 men geng
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Xixtie(f): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
jaytii:

shocked
You haven't heard Fireboy
How's that even possible
I haven't like seriously.
I guess he is a new fish.

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Dreadlock69(m): 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2020
Listen to artist like the pro
Juice wrld
Xxxtencion
Michael Jackson
Westlife
The weekend
Chrisbrown
Cardi B
Billie elish
Camila cabello
Ed Sheeran
Dababy
Halsey
Ellie Goulding
Nasty C
Travis Scott
YNW melly
Tory lanez
Drake
Justin bieber
For Nigeria
Olamide :love his song
Naria Marley: na beat I like
Rema : na him beat I like and lamba
Fireboy:him dey fire me dey go
Mayorkun:love him song and lamba
Flavour and umu obiligbo: them dey totori me
Wizkid: love his song
Davido:that guy dey vex me but I Know no how him song dey enter. My mouth
Reekado: him just know how to enter and kill song
Burna boy: all na hit I know no how him dey do am

tiwa Savage :she dey try
Patoranking/timaya/p sqaure/harrysong/two face/: we just dey follow tradition by listening to there music
Skibii:make una help me sell that guy
Falz: na my tradition
Simi:relaxing voice
Ag baby/kiss Daniel: Dem dey burst brain Sha
Lyta : him dey try well we'll
Crayon: that guy na fake maker
Peruzzi: sometimes na noise maker

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Killmonger17: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Fem by Davido.......very useless song.....and also all Rema's songs

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Farki: 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Most Nigerian songs these days are trash, as long as people can dance to it, it will be a hit.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Kingluqman(m): 10:23pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr...I thought am the only one feeling so....these are the names of artiste on my playlist
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
WizKid
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:24pm On Oct 08, 2020
CzarChris:
That wizkids first hit song "holla at your boy" still don't get the hype in that song.
FEM
Soapy
One Corner.

Infact the list is endless. Will keep updating

I love that wizkid's holla at your boy.
I love soapy as well.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Kelvin30286063(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2020
FEM. Overrated nonsense

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
sammysneh:

Wow u know all the lines in day song

Lol not really. I just copied and pasted from google.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by DamnnNiggarr: 10:26pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr...I thought am the only one feeling so....these are the names of artiste on my playlist
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
WizKid
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello
my realest niggarrrr, we almost like the same thing,
But let me make my selection from your play list,
J cole
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Bruno Mars
WizKid
The Chainsmokers
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
John legend
Selena Gomez
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Major Lazer
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
Ariana Grande
Camilo Cabello.

But I don't know if you'd like
Michael Jackson(obm)
Desiigner
West Life
Celine Dion
Dido
Adele
Fally Ipupa
Jennifer Lopez
Alan Walker
Eminem
Katy Perry
Keri hilson
Akon
Rihanna
Wale
Lady Gaga
Travis Green??
just to mention but a few

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
StacyO:

Parte scatter by whoever that is.
Gelato by Cuppy cat
Call by whoever that is again.
All Olamide's songs except for the ones that went really viral like Pawon.

You guys are just too hilarious in this country.

But seems a lot of people hate "Scatter" by Fireboy.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Farki: 10:28pm On Oct 08, 2020
Nathphil:

What are good lyrics to you. Love songs portray love lyrics and they do try with that.

Fals seems to be one of the few Nigerian artistes who are actually trying to have songs that make sense not just repeating the same phrase over and over and over and saying "na na na na na".

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by 1Sharon(f): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
I hate that damn Jerusalema track

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
Xixtie:

I haven't like seriously.
I guess he is a new fish.

Are you in Nigeria?
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Omezif(m): 10:29pm On Oct 08, 2020
There is truth in this because i do have the feelings.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:30pm On Oct 08, 2020
Farki:
Most Nigerian songs these days are trash, as long as people can dance to it it will be a hit.

Nigerian music has mostly been about getting people to dance.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Fox12(m): 10:31pm On Oct 08, 2020
Simisola00:
cool

Tattoo by Fireboy

U lack a Music Bud...Tueh!.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku, MI Abaga, Patoranking, Others React To Davido’s ‘A Better Time’ Album / What's The Funniest Nigerian Music Lyrics You've Heard? / Davido Gifts Kwam1 ₦2 Million Cash At Eniola Badmus’ 20 Years On Stage Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.