Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,833 members, 7,824,469 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? (40954 Views)

What Is That New Song You Just Can't Get Off Your Head Right Now... / Wanna Record, Mix & Master Ur Song(s) / Record Yoυr Song(s) At Our Studio Today, We Charge Lowest Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
1Sharon:
I hate that damn Jerusalema track

Why?
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by CzarChris(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

I love that wizkid's holla at your boy.
I love soapy as well.

One man's meat is another man's .....
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Farki: 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

Nigerian music has mostly been about getting people to dance.

I'm aware, it just seems so lazy most of the time.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:32pm On Oct 08, 2020
CzarChris:
One man's meat is another man's .....

true.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by cocoboss(m): 10:33pm On Oct 08, 2020
I’m here bro,your buddy.. song makes me angry �
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Thenorth(m): 10:34pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr...I thought am the only one feeling so....these are the names of artiste on my playlist
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
WizKid
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello
damnnnn nigerrrrrrrr
your play list absolutely make sense....
only that I can't find joyner Lucas
but Issorite �
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by majemuoluwa45075: 10:35pm On Oct 08, 2020
majority nigeria tunes these hours are garbage, as long as folks can dance to it, it will be a shot.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nathphil(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
Farki:

Fals seems to be one of the few Nigerian artistes who are actually trying to have songs that make sense not just repeating the same phrase over and over and over and saying "na na na na na".
Lolz I get that.
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Lorayne(m): 10:36pm On Oct 08, 2020
jaytii:

Don't ever associate Olamide with rubbish
Most of his songs are for the mind and not the ears.
One man's trash is another man's treasure.
Olamide = trash

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
DamnnNiggarr:
my realest niggarrrr, we almost like the same thing,
But let me make my selection from your play list,
J cole
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Bruno Mars
WizKid
The Chainsmokers
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
John legend
Selena Gomez
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Major Lazer
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
Ariana Grande
Camilo Cabello.

But I don't know if you'd like
Michael Jackson(obm)
Desiigner
West Life
Celine Dion
Dido
Adele
Fally Ipupa
Jennifer Lopez
Alan Walker
Eminem
Katy Perry
Keri hilson
Akon
Rihanna
Wale
Lady Gaga
Travis Green??
just to mention but a few
Travis green na gospel singer oooo...lol
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Xixtie(f): 10:37pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

Are you in Nigeria?
Before nko.
I don't get it, is the boy that popular?

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Chidexthebest: 10:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
Jerusalema, I don't get the hype of the song

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awol1:
Beauty, they say, is in the eye of the beholder.

It therefore wouldn't be invalid to say, when it comes to appreciation of music, that the beauty of music is in the ear of the beholder. And if we remember that music has been defined, by some, as food to the soul, it means therefore, that what is food to one's soul may be poison to the soul of another when you consider that we all have different soul.

There's no objective yardstick to judgment of art because aesthetics judgment is purely subjective.

I'm compelled to ask this question because most time, I've seen songs that are hit but just can't make it into my playlist. Some hit songs irritate me actually.

So what's that hit song that everyone else grooves to but just doesn't cut it for you?

For me, it's:-

1) Mad by Wurld
2) Mafa Mafa by DMW
3) No Stress by Wizkid
4) Wonderful by Burna Boy
5) Yeye Boyfriend by Bolanle ft Zlatan
6) Issa Goal by Naira Marley
7) Lady by Rena
cool Gelato by DJ Cuppy
9) Call by Joeboy
10) Wo, Woske, Pawo, etc, by Olamide.

Make I stop here.

What's your own?

'Mad' by Wurld is grammy-class music
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Canberra55: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnn niggarrr
Isoright....this bros OP too like Nigerian songs.....all hits from Nigerian artiste can not make my play list
Nigeria artiste sings dog shit.....except 2 face , burna boy and wizkid.....
Davido is worse......

You must be a real niggarrr...I thought am the only one feeling so....these are the names of artiste on my playlist
J cole
The weekend
Imagine dragons
Sia
Burna boy
2face
Katty pery
Passenger
Bruno Mars
WizKid
Avicii( rest in peace)
Twenty one pilot
The Chainsmokers
Dig the kid
Cold play
Khalid
Maroon 5
Calum scot
John legend
Selena Gomez
Post malone
Ellie Goulding
Christiana aquilera
A great big world
Rita ora
Clean bandit
Dua lipa
Martin garixx
Major Lazer
The night
Edsheeran
Taylor swift
One direction
Lewis capaldi
Sam smith
Ariana Grande
Kehlani
Billie eilish
Camilo Cabello

I trust you. Knew you was gon pull this list out your "safe" lol
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Kentuforchrist(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
fem by davido all of whizkid song.....
my favourites are Johnny drill Tom MacDonald all of His song Jason durelo the weekend marron5 xixnine fireboy kiss Daniel juice world xxxtentacion Bruno Mars Westlife edsheeran postmallone burna boy not all though
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
Awol1:

You guys are just too hilarious in this country.
But seems a lot of people hate "Scatter" by Fireboy.
Even my ancestors hate it. Talk more of gelato. oh gosh!!!

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Bawofss(m): 10:42pm On Oct 08, 2020
so no be only me hate Rema songs......so we plenty for dia

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by mrdharkchild(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Xixtie:
These noisy fellas ain't singing shiit.
Burna is so overrated.

I wanted to say same about burna.. I no need slap from somebody
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by angelfallz(m): 10:45pm On Oct 08, 2020
Xixtie:

Before nko.
I don't get it, is the boy that popular?

yes oh!! Since last year. You've not heard vibration by fireboy DML? That song reigned up to the extent that i got tired of it.

Le
Leh leh leh
Le le
Leh leh leh
Leh leh leh
Egbami
Okpari oh
See wetin she carry o
No more ini mani mo
Make her body go woh uh
Give it to me sharply
Rose pon mi o
Baila mami o
I could do this all night long
Don't go
Baby carry me dey go
Baby
Carry overload
Baby
Shey the thing enter dey body o?

2 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Mrviktor(m): 10:46pm On Oct 08, 2020
Wayo. By wurld.

Very nonsense
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Xixtie(f): 10:48pm On Oct 08, 2020
angelfallz:

yes oh!! Since last year. You've not heard vibration by fireboy DML? That song reigned up to the extent that i got tired of it.

Le
Leh leh leh
Le le
Leh leh leh
Leh leh leh
Egbami
Okpari oh
See wetin she carry o
No more ini mani mo
Make her body go woh uh
Give it to me sharply
Rose pon mi o
Baila mami o
I could do this all night long
Don't go
Baby carry me dey go
Baby
Carry overload
Baby
Shey the thing enter dey body o?
I have heard the italicized even though I can't tell where from. The song must have really made waves.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by HeGeMon(m): 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
Ha!! Your are a ritualist!
Fact1:
Wonderful,,,,by burna

Jerusalema ,, I don't like day song at all,,,,,,,

All recent wizkid music,,,

all nairamarley song except aye

Olakira,,,meseratii,, I'm still finding what's special about this music,,,,,,,i just don't like it,,,,,,,

Ag by adekunle gold

Lemme stop here this is what i can remember,,,,,,

But op you said you don't like mad by wurld ,,,i love it like mad,,, you're d first person dat i know dat didn't like the music,,,

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by jagorinho: 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2020
UbongCR7:
FEM
Even me wey be davido fan, that song na pure rubbish.

The noise was too much.
.....you are correct, that song was more of a rant than a song, I needed to check my speaker twice to check if it has developed fault, the noise was just too much.

3 Likes

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by holuwajobar(m): 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2020
Hammer2O19:
What is a hit song in the first place, Naija artists are all wack

They gat no hit songs....I listen to good lyrics with good beat and not some piece of shit and noise making

Just mention your own..they didn't specify that it must be naija songs.....

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 08, 2020
HeGeMon:
Ha!! Your are a ritualist!

Haaa,,what concern ritualist with this matter?
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by jaytii(f): 10:54pm On Oct 08, 2020
Xixtie:

I haven't like seriously.
I guess he is a new fish.

2 years in the game and he already has 2 good albums to his name
Go listen to any of these
Champion
Need You
Feel
Afar
Jealous
King
What if I say
Tattoo
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by FYsol: 10:55pm On Oct 08, 2020
Godwin by Korede Bello
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by jaytii(f): 10:56pm On Oct 08, 2020
Lorayne:
One man's trash is another man's treasure. Olamide = trash
Mention 2 of your favorite songs
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by piagetskinner(m): 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
I’m not sure all Christian songs that were hit songs are okay by me.. I don’t listen to davido and co cos I cannot relate
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by SOZINN: 10:57pm On Oct 08, 2020
It's not easy to record a great song in the studio.
It takes months to write a good song even after all your hard work not everyone will appreciate your track....
Make una take am easy.

1 Like

Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by mablie(m): 10:59pm On Oct 08, 2020
-Despacito by those Latin guys
-Umbrella by rihanna
Re: What Is That Hit Song(s) That Everyone Else Likes But You Just Don't Like It? by Delary: 11:05pm On Oct 08, 2020
Soapy by naira marley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Atiku, MI Abaga, Patoranking, Others React To Davido’s ‘A Better Time’ Album / Father 'U' Turn Is Dead / Your Most Touching Love Song Of All Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.