Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU (21157 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / Why FG Is Insisting On IPPIS – ASUU / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2020
Okay, shell, Total, Chevron, SAipem, Seplat etc put out adds frequently, lecturers can work in the private sector can't they?

shadeyinka:

Just check Google and I can tell you that you will NOT find advert for employment into these three organisations. It's a closed circuit!

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:44am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
It does not matter... REgister on IPPIS first and fight your battles later.
The mistake previous government made was negotiating with an association when each lecturer was employed as an individual. Now one of your guys was bragging that ASUU and NMA are the only group able to hold the government to ransom. Are they a pressure group or a group of workers?
Unfortunately for you. Last year it will interest you that the association of research organizations in Nigeria were on strike for three months AND they were completely ignored. None of their complaints have been attended to.

This seems to be the kind of situation you want. But the truth is that government do not listen to civil conversations. If they do, then your points would be valid.

#EndSARS worked didn't it?
This is the only method our government understand
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by edoairways: 9:46am On Oct 12, 2020
Freestainworld:
The professor who said they are earning only 100k should show us the evidence, let's see between ASUU and federal government who's is lying.
The prof isn't far from the truth. For SSANU and NASU to warm up for strike,it shows that all is not well
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2020
amerengues:
Well, you really have time to educate some people online. ASUU should stop shouldering the problems of the Nigerian populace. Imagine the paltry amount received as salary. I want ASUU to fight for only the members’ welfare. Nigerian students and Parents will hear it when it is time.

When I was a student, all I cared about was graduating on time. Now the decay of the past is still there and our children are suffering from it. Students and parents have never supported ASUU. When the time comes, they will understand the fight. Within ASUU members now, the members are telling the head to back off from the agitations since the public don’t appreciate it. They will appreciate it soon by the time ASUU does not saying anything again. The little enjoyment in school today is the labor of the heroes past.

Let the decay begin

I agree with you.

Although, I wish ASUU also fight for things relating to good governance.

Majority of Nigerians have been reduced to zombie level such that anyone who strays out of this default is considered an enemy of progress.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:47am On Oct 12, 2020
endsars was justifiable, telling your employer how to pay you is not.
I just can't imagine firstbank staffs telling managment that they have developed a software that the bank should use to pay them otherwise they will not work. Can you ever imagine that happening?
shadeyinka:

Unfortunately for you. Last year it will interest you that the association of research organizations in Nigeria were on strike for three months AND they were completely ignored. None of their complaints have been attended to.

This seems to be the kind of situation you want. But the truth is that government do not listen to civil conversations. If they do, then your points would be valid.

#EndSARS worked didn't it?
This is the only method our government understand
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:48am On Oct 12, 2020
Puloc:

I agree with u but do u agree with me that the strike is not in the interests or advantage of the Nigerian students too?
Pls join and trend #EndASUUstrikeNow.

Are you asking members of ASUU to suffer for the sins of the federal govt because of Nigerian students?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 2by40ft: 9:50am On Oct 12, 2020
Next0:

Aboki and their backward reasoning!
People that value cows than human, what then is education
Don't quote me again if you don't have something reasonable to say
We rear cows and tame pigs too, be careful.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:50am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
Okay, shell, Total, Chevron, SAipem, Seplat etc put out adds frequently, lecturers can work in the private sector can't they?

I care less about the multinational companies. I care about using the same rule within the same government workforce.
A beginning worker in NNPC, CBN earn more than our parent who have put in 20years of service as a teacher in one of the Federal Government Colleges. This is not right!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:52am On Oct 12, 2020
sonofthunder:

Spot on boss. Most people just judge an issue without even understanding what is going on.
Of course that is the baseline. When a person judges without comprehending the issues on ground. God save us from myopic reasonings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:52am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
If una non like the job, start a business na. Shey u guys are good researchers?
Once you hear of ASUU in the news, it is for strike, never for any new innovation, never for international awards, only for strike.

Stop shifting goal posts and address the issue at hand. Your post is 100% off point. If your "good researchers" resigned you will be left with those lecturers that don't lecture, sleep with students or recieve bribes
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:55am On Oct 12, 2020
lol.... A beginning staff on those multinational companies I mentioned earn more than CBN and NNPC, same way a primary school teacher of 20 years gets less than a graduate assistant who just started work, life aren't fair bro.

But this strike is not about that, this present strike is that ASUU wants to dictate how it should be paid and their own suggestion is not transparent enough, that is my own problem.
shadeyinka:

I care less about the multinational companies. I care about using the same rule within the same government workforce.
A beginning worker in NNPC, CBN earn more than our parent who have put in 20years of service as a teacher in one of the Federal Government Colleges. This is not right!

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 9:55am On Oct 12, 2020
Justkatty:
Introducing what the govt won't take funny if they were the ones that was given such conditions....hmmm is quite unfortunate that I happen to come from a country, that our educational system is the least they look up to. Government officials handling more than one offices, earning times ten of the people in the educational system. How can a President be a petroleum minister�, and he is also earning as a former head of state hmmmm. Now lecturers are been asked to focus on just a particular school just for them to be earning one place, why tell them to put their eggs in one basket? Nigeria my dear country.....Any lecturer that teaches in more than one school, oyo is your case, because your govt wont pay you.

I keep asking what the President, his vice, senators and lawmakers and co are waiting for to join ippis?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:56am On Oct 12, 2020
Are the not the ones presently in the system not already doing tis. What have you guys developed since your existence apart from strikes?
What is the KPI of an elected ASUU president? Ensuring that his tenure had the longest strike?

sonofthunder:

Stop shifting goal posts and address the issue at hand. Your post is 100% off point. If your "good researchers" resigned you will be left with those lecturers that don't lecture, sleep with students or recieve bribes

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 9:58am On Oct 12, 2020
How did the goal post shift? The issue is IPPIS, so I am saying if you do not like IPPIS or the lecturing job and cannot get a better job then start a business if you think it is so easy.
sonofthunder:

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 9:59am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
endsars was justifiable, telling your employer how to pay you is not.
I just can't imagine firstbank staffs telling managment that they have developed a software that the bank should use to pay them otherwise they will not work. Can you ever imagine that happening?
Then let us ALL be cowed into submission to every whim of unfairness from every government in Nigeria. It seems this is what will satisfy you.

Maybe you forget that there exists a form of interchange and minimum standard of interaction between universities all over the world. No wonder Nigerian universities are backward due to the insensitivity and failure of their EMPLOYER!

If First bank fail, shouldn't the management take the blame?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2020
What is unfair about your employer using a system that blocks loopholes in paying you guys abeg?

Did you understand the firstbank analogy at all??

shadeyinka:

Then let us ALL be cowed into submission to every whim of unfairness from every government in Nigeria. It seems this is what will satisfy you.

Maybe you forget that there exists a form of interchange and minimum standard of interaction between universities all over the world. No wonder Nigerian universities are backward due to the insensitivity and failure of their EMPLOYER!

If First bank fail, shouldn't the management take the blame?

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by shadeyinka(m): 10:01am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
lol.... A beginning staff on those multinational companies I mentioned earn more than CBN and NNPC, same way a primary school teacher of 20 years gets less than a graduate assistant who just started work, life aren't fair bro.

But this strike is not about that, this present strike is that ASUU wants to dictate how it should be paid and their own suggestion is not transparent enough, that is my own problem.
They have different employers don't they? Let each employer be fair within their own system!

Your second paragraph isn't true.

I suspect your hatred for lecturers probably due to your experience with some of them have made you insensitive to the issues at stake.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 10:06am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
It is possible they place ads, since I am not looking out for it, I will not see it, the point I wanted to make is that, it is also possible that CBN and FIRS also put out ads, but if you are not looking out for them, you could also miss it.

I remember being invited for CBN test many years ago, this I know as much. I believe they tend to take their staffs from bank staffs now a days

Only one CBN recruitment in the last 10+ years. NNPC has advertised recruitment twice in the last 13 years. Till date those two recruitments has not been completed but strange people are resuming work and receiving appointment letters...... It's okay.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 10:08am On Oct 12, 2020
This is news from ASUU this morning "We Will Soon Expose Those Feeding Fat On IPPIS, Says ASUU"

So that is the issue, FG says join IPPIS as others before you have done, ASUU says no. Every other issue is an addendum, but this present issue is IPPIS.

I don't really hate lecturers, but you and I know that many of una lazy. Give them money for research, they go quick go buy motor, build blocks of flats as if that is what the money was for.

I know about universities sir, I know what I know because of where and how I grew up, so all these emotional blackmail non de move me
shadeyinka:

They have different employers don't they? Let each employer be fair within their own system!

Your second paragraph isn't true.

I suspect your hatred for lecturers probably due to your experience with some of them have made you insensitive to the issues at stake.

1 Like

Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Justkatty(f): 10:09am On Oct 12, 2020
[quote author=sonofthunder post=94859085]

I keep asking what the President, his vice, senators and lawmakers and co are waiting for to join ippis?[/quote/) Nigeria government has failed her people and I know they are aware of that. The thing is that if truth be told, we don't have a messiah in the govt house. But when we get there, the difference will be seen.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 10:10am On Oct 12, 2020
It is probably not fair, ,but how does that relate to registering on IPPIS is what I do not understand. The combination of CBN, FIRS and NNPC cannot absorb the number of employees that universities in Nigeria employ, every body cannot be in those companies.

sonofthunder:

Only one CBN recruitment in the last 10+ years. NNPC has advertised recruitment twice in the last 13 years. Till date those two recruitments has not been completed but strange people are resuming work and receiving appointment letters...... It's okay.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Next0: 10:10am On Oct 12, 2020
sonofthunder:

Why are you dignifying ignorant people?
Lol
It's not their fault

2by40ft:

We rear cows and tame pigs too, be careful.
Then we don't need you here
Go to Agriculture section
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 10:11am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:

[s]Are the not the ones presently in the system not already doing tis. What have you guys developed since your existence apart from strikes?
What is the KPI of an elected ASUU president? Ensuring that his tenure had the longest strike?

[/s]
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
Justkatty:

I just pray we get there really soon because at the pace we are progressing regressing, it will not happen while we are alive.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by mamotalk: 10:14am On Oct 12, 2020
sonofthunder:

So what is the issue at hand if I may ask?
na only ASUU fit talk am o.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 10:16am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
It is probably not fair, ,but how does that relate to registering on IPPIS is what I do not understand. The combination of CBN, FIRS and NNPC cannot absorb the number of employees that universities in Nigeria employ, every body cannot be in those companies.

An issue lead to me making this point. It is wrong of you to dismiss it casually. Ask your self the payment system proposed by ASUU, does it negate genuine FG concerns!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by sonofthunder: 10:19am On Oct 12, 2020
9jatriot:
How did the goal post shift? The issue is IPPIS, so I am saying if you do not like IPPIS or the lecturing job and cannot get a better job then start a business if you think it is so easy.

Getting a job or starting a business is not the issue.... The issues are transparency, equity, fairness. But unfortunately, most of us don't have these basic values.
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Nobody: 10:21am On Oct 12, 2020
sonofthunder:

Are you asking members of ASUU to suffer for the sins of the federal govt because of Nigerian students?
Are u asking Nugerian students to suffer forever for the sins of the Federal Govt on ASUU?
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by Eaglefine(f): 10:24am On Oct 12, 2020
ASSU and FG, we are tired already.
#END_ASSU_STRIKE
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by MT: 10:25am On Oct 12, 2020
AmeLonRo:
is the tax paid after ASUU members receive salaries or the tax is paid before they get their salaries? Who is in charge of the tax deductions? Do ASUU members work in the bursaries or account sections of universities? Does ASUU employ or are they human resources officers? Read between the lines.

You should read between the lines. Universities have been taking advantage of the FG by cheating FG out of taxes. Now the FG wants to fully be in charge of payment that will ensure proper taxes are paid, you say no. If you have any grievances with the software, be on board and address the grey areas. IPPIS has come to stay
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 10:27am On Oct 12, 2020
LOL @the bolded.
So that we are on the same page, let me paint a scenario for you.
Assuming you own a big company that has branches in 10 states, and each of these states have at least 2 branches in them. You noticed that you cannot be in all those places at the same time. Once in a while you discover that you pay a staff salary twice in various branches. You also discover that the bill the branches are bringing each month for salary is increasing yet you cannot remember employing any extra person since the last time you did recruitment, what would you do in this situation.

I can bet you, you will try to find a system that will not make you run mad. Assuming I come to you with a system that gives a unique number to each staff and I promise you that with this system, the era of paying one staff more than once would be gone, would you not happily embrace it?

Now assuming you tell management to implement it across all the branches, would you not be suspicious if those staff start giving excuses why they cannot use that system and instead come up with their own so called system.
Now, tell me, as the owner of this big business, would you decide to use their own system or be extra motivated to use your own system?
sonofthunder:

An issue lead to me making this point. It is wrong of you to dismiss it casually. Ask your self the payment system proposed by ASUU, does it negate genuine FG concerns!
Re: FG Blackmailing University Workers Into Enrolling On IPPIS –ASUU by 9jatriot(m): 10:29am On Oct 12, 2020
Is IPPIS not about transparency?
sonofthunder:

Getting a job or starting a business is not the issue.... The issues are transparency, equity, fairness. But unfortunately, most of us don't have these basic values.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Uniben Boils Over Demolished Property By Edo State Government / Pastor Ashimolowo Completes KICC University. / What Are The Benefits Of Student Relationships?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.