Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 AM

Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" (38099 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: God Hasn’t Told Me Who Will Be President In 2023 / Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners And Steve Jobs Of Apple Inc: 7 Similarities / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Palehair: 8:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
Torie8:

shocked shocked so your gay undecided lipsrsealed
Please don't take anything ilegendd says seriously. He's a complete straight man catching cruise. I still don't know why people perceive gay vibes from him
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Toyyien(f): 8:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
I was expecting ur quote
Buh please don't ever quote me
Something u have to disguise about
Buh come to think of it
If your parent were doing queer will you be alive
HuntSon:

Do researches before you rush to type.

They're tons of gays doing better than you but you won't know
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 8:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
mmsen:

I don't care about his religion. My point is about his influence. He has a lot of it in Nigeria yet nobody can show me one occasion where he has used it for the betterment of the nation.

It isn't just him. Most of the religious leaders in Nigeria are the same, not only have they done nothing to drive the nation forward but have actively dragged the people backwards.

Nigerians are out on the street calling for better security and governance and this one is talking about 'Adam and Steve'...
Now, we're back to square one.
Mr Adeboye is entitled to his opinion, just as you are.
If you feel he's not doing enough, get off your ass and do more than that!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by RussellRutherfo: 9:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
daddytime:
Seeing how God is the all-knowing and seeing one, why doesn't he just prevent the Queer ones from coming to fruition in the first place or just controlling and reconditioning their minds to be what these pastors think is okay?

Does anyone here understand my point? Cos, me sef don confuse for the whole thing.

Wetin God get power to change wey him no change maybe e get why.

Modified:

Wow..so many mentions that I can't start responding to each one individually.

I wish to thank everyone who quoted to give me their respective opinions on this. Thanks, a bunch for the lecture and clarification.

However, I still can't stop feeling sorry for the queer ones who I feel might be helpless in how they feel.

Na only God know the matter jare

God don't create these queer individuals. We humans do.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by HuntSon(m): 9:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
Toyyien:
I was expecting ur quote
Buh please don't ever quote me
Something u have to disguise about
Buh come to think of it
If your parent were doing queer will you be alive

Don't run back to that "if your parents were gay" homphobic shit! If a gay person has a child now, will that ungay him??

Procreation only requires an ova and a sperm dummy! Doesn't mean you should necessarily love the person, most Nigerian families are a testament to this fact!

Y'all like the Nigerian government, instead of simply ending SARS, they're devising daily means on how to frustrate the movement! First it was "animals don't do it" now it's "if your parents were gay"

Now run along...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by HuntSon(m): 9:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
RussellRutherfo:

God don't create these queer individuals. We humans do.

Who's we?? Lmao...humans can now create people?? Okay why can't yall uncreate them?? undecided

Some of y'all be effortlessly sounding dumbb!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by HuntSon(m): 9:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
prodigyy:
God created but gave man power to procreate.

How will those procreated with other sexuality tendencies cope?

So every sex you've had? You do it to procreate??
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Roycemadeit(m): 9:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
vickydankal:
Loud it Sir,
It is time to stop being politically correct, speak the truth and stop some of these things westerners are telling us about LGBT. It’s against nature, culture, sense of reasoning and every holy book I know condemns it.

And those who engage in such sexuality... Would they say the same?

Life is not according to your societal or religious perspective, you have to see beyond the idea of what is perceived to be right and wrong... To see that they are all relative. There is nothing wrong nor right... So, if they naturally get aroused by the same sex, would it be their fault or the fault in their creation? And if it's the latter, would you say that their creator made a mistake? And by the way, I read about homosexual penguins, if you are trying to bring the invented idea of evil personified possessing those who engage in "same-sex."
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

What excuses will you also make for people that sleep with animals.

1: An excuse means just that - an illogical reason to justify a selfish action: I make no excuses I just try to explain why it should no tbe an excuse.
2: contrary to what people ascribe to spirits and Shaytan! i believe it is genetic. a seed from the Sons of God! they could be children of the Nephilim with specific genetic codes tied to Homosexualism and Bestiality -(Nothing spiritual), it cannot be exorcised or extracted
3: NOTE: When straights have sex, it is all biological - pheromones and hormones why would it be any different for LGBTQ

You have your God or Allah to thank for that wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by vickydankal(f): 9:13pm On Oct 20, 2020
Roycemadeit:

And those who engage in such sexuality... Would they say the same?

Life is not according to your societal or religious perspective, you have to see beyond the idea of what is perceived to be right and wrong... To see that they are all relative. There is nothing wrong nor right... So, if they naturally get aroused by the same sex, would it be their fault or the fault in their creation? And if it's the latter, would you say that their creator made a mistake? And by the way, I read about homosexual penguins, if you are trying to bring the invented idea of evil personified possessing those who engage in "same-sex."

I have your answer but for now I don’t want to be distracted, my attention and energy is towards the protest

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nephilim: 9:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

1: An excuse means just that - an illogical reason to justify a selfish action: I make no excuses I just try to explain why it should no tbe an excuse.
2: contrary to what people ascribe to spirits and Shaytan! i believe it is genetic. a seed from the Sons of God! they could be children of the Nephilim with specific genetic codes tied to Homosexualism and Bestiality -(Nothing spiritual), it cannot be exorcised or extracted
3: NOTE: When straights have sex, i[b]t is all biological - pheromones and hormones[/b], why would it be any different for LGBTQ

when will you guys rest from mentioning me undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 9:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

I disagree here, there are countless data and scientific evidence that shows the homosex is more predisposed to the virus.....And it’s also a known fact that gay people experiment a lot with heterosexuals.... which makes the virus spread more

Furthermore, the federal government law Is one of the measures, it’s not targeting....

and if u want to call it targeting... heterosexuals would have been targeted as well, however, the heterosexual sex is how human race will continue.... so its impossible to tell people they are not allowed to have children anymore...

I do not dispute your data but this still doesn't make HIV a gay thing cause both straight people and gay people can get the virus via sex. Taking care of infected people and preaching protected sex has always been the way to combat STD's but when we noticed that some people we do not like have a certain virus more, we decided to call them criminals and deny them the basic gift of nature. Criminalizing gay people because of HIV would be illogical when you consider the fact that there are a few other diseases out there that the straight community might have more.

In fact, criminalizing homosexuality increases the rate of disease spread to a large extent and here is how: straight people can abstain from sex with the goal of enjoying it after marriage (team virgin till marriage). The married ones don't sleep around (ideally). But gay people who have no hope of marriage in future have seen no reason to abstain from sex and the sleeping around does not really end cause they remain single for life. Therefore, honoring gay rights is the way to reduce promiscuity and combat disease spread.

Meanwhile, regarding your last paragraph, criminalizing fornication and adultery will not end procreation. Married people can always procreate so that is not an excuse.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Roycemadeit(m): 9:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
vickydankal:

I have your answer but for now, I don’t want to be distracted, my attention and energy is towards the protest

There's no answer...
You are yet to peel off the gauze they have put over your face...

Peace...
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 9:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Oga Ade, u are just playing the usual gay script of sweeping your sexual choice under the canopy of harmless love......u are trying to sound like heterosexuality has another meaning

Sexuality is about sexual orientation, and homosexuality is about being sexually excited by same gender, just as heterosexuality is about being sexually moved by opposite gender...period...

Don’t people fvck each other without love?.... so why are u trying to make it look like being gay isn’t about sexual attraction...

a man can luv another man without fvcking him.... that doesn’t make him gay....

A woman can love another woman without having sex with each other....it doesn’t make them lesbians...

It’s when sex enters the picture that it becomes homosex...it’s that simple ...Don’t stylishly equate harmless love between two men or two women as being gay.... it’s repulsive

You must know about being gay more than the gay people themselves. Read and learn.

Going by your logic of a man can love a man without being gay, did anyone tell you that gay people don't love thier mothers, sisters, and female friends? Isn't it obvious this is not the kind of love I was talking about? Fact is, a gay man can never love a woman the way he loves a man regardless how many years you jail him. The so called harmless you talked about is not peculiar to straight people. Even gay people do have harmless love. But that is clearly not we are talking about. We are talking about affections between lovers and that is a function of your sexuality.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 9:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Its easier said than done. I pray you don't end up having children that will turn out to be Gay. When it happens lets see if youll be happy as a parent.

Thanks for your concern. And thanks for not resorting to insults in our chats so far. However, if I cannot tolerate the possibility of having a gay child, then I'm not fit to have kids. Any parent who turns their back on thier child cause of sexuality shouldn't have tried having kids in the first place. Getting pregnant is an contract with nature to accept and love whatever comes out unconditionally. Anything short of this is wickedness.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nephilim:
when will you guys rest from mentioning me undecided

grin grin grin grin grin I did not know a kindred spirit was on Nairaland - it was an academic reference grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Cousin9999: 9:49pm On Oct 20, 2020
Why don't people keep the same energy for all the sins, and not just this one? It's also a sin to have intercourse outside of marriage, and lie or decieve. Greed is a sin too.

And the Bible also says to love one another, not constantly tear people down.

That said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and worldview, and should be given the respect to live as they want.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Cousin9999: 9:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Some people seem really obsessed with this issue. In my opinion, it's indicative of serious mental health issues (strange fixation). It's especially clear when they start talking about all kinds of terrible and gross things when logically questioned about their views.

Instead of looking for someone to demonize or tear down to try to make yourself feel better, or simply to try to make someone else feel as bad as you, maybe you should work on your mental health issues. Some people find that religion, among other things, helps them manage those problems. That's a healthier way to utilize religion rather than using it as an instrument of abuse.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by studentofTruth: 9:59pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

I never set any goalpost for you before. You mentioned that straight people switch to being gay and I corrected that. Whether feelings last or not is not the bone of contention, the crux of the message is the ability for one to have such feelings in the first place. The notion that homosexuality is all about sex was what led the hideous act of 'corrective rape'. Man's inhumanity to man.

The question is whether it has a genetic origin (nature) or acquired (nurture). You said it's the former, I said it's the latter. You changed it to feelings, which further confirms that it's nurture.

There's no Gene for sexual orientation. Even Sigmund Freud understood that it's nurture when he stated that at birth, a child has bi-sexual capacity — the ability to go either way (homo or heterosexual) or maintain both. In fact, nurture pushes people to either direction to a degree, creating a spectrum.

At birth, it's 0/0, but as people grow, depending on the circumstances of their upbringing, they fall into different ranges of the heterosexual/homosexual spectrum, such as 100/0, 99/1, 70/30, 50/50, 35/65, 20/80, 1/99, 0/100.

A 100/0 guy is completely heterosexual. A 0/100 fellow is completely homosexual. Someone around 50/50 will obviously be bi-sexual. A person at 70/30 is predominantly heterosexual, but under certain conditions (prison, boarding schools, etc) can indulge in homosexual acts. The opposite is also true: someone at 30/70 spectrum is predominantly homosexual, but can express heterosexual love if pushed to.

Note that 100/0 and 0/100 are almost impossible. Most people fall between 95/5 and 5/95 spectrum.

Can the conditioning be reversed? Yes, but it depends on where one is in the spectrum. It's easier for a 40/60 fellow to move up to 55/45 than for 10/90 fellow to move to 51/49.

There's no homosexuality gene. Upbringing is the key. Parents should take note. If any child ends up a homosexual, the fault is from the parents and caregivers, and not the child!

The problem today is that LGBT has hijacked psychology medicine to suit their agenda. A lot of lies are pushed to the media to support their agenda.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 10:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

3: NOTE: When straights have sex, it is all biological - pheromones and hormones why would it be any different for LGBTQ

Since you've gone spiritual then let me take you back memory lane in the beginning (Bible).

God created Adam and Eve in his Image and likeness. He created them perfect but there's something God didn't take away from Man, and that was "Freewill" but like a loving Father would his children, He gave them instructions as regards the "Do' s and Dont's". Adam disobeyed His creator and ate of the forbidden fruit from the tree that gives knowledge of what is good and bad. Do you know why God was against them eating of that fruit? As humans the tendency to do Evil will always outweigh good. It's Only God that cannot sin, Why? Because God is Holy. Armed with such knowledge comes with the tendency to commit sin such as; Killing, stealing, Adultery, fornication, Homosexuality and the rest. By eating the Apple, Man has decided not to live by God's holy rules and regulations but by theirs hence, Cain Killing his brother Abel. Today look at what man's disobedience has led today's world to.

I know you would want to ask; if God is all- Knowing, loving and powerful, Why did God place the tree in the Garden in the first place.

Now, let me break it down. What is the objective of setting up a school? To impact knowledge right? And before passing through school there are series of text and examinations that one has to scale through inorder to acquire that knowledge. Schools create a system where if you sit for an Exam and fail there will be another opportunity to re-write and pass the exam.

FOR GOD SO LOVE D WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON,THAT WHOEVER BELIEVES ON HIS SON WILL NEVER PERISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE JOHN 3-16.

Jesus Christ is our Correction, opportunity to carry over our failed course, and opportunity to re-seat for an Exam even when we have failed.

Thank you very much!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

You must know about being gay more than the gay people themselves. Read and learn.

Going by your logic of a man can love a man without being gay, did anyone tell you that gay people don't love thier mothers, sisters, and female friends? Isn't it obvious this is not the kind of love I was talking about? Fact is, a gay man can never love a woman the way he loves a man regardless how many years you jail him. The so called harmless you talked about is not peculiar to straight people. Even gay people do have harmless love. But that is clearly not we are talking about. We are talking about affections between lovers and that is a function of your sexuality.

Homosexuality is primarily about how you feel emotionally connected with others.”

The above was your quote in the other comment , this was why I accused you of desperately trying to separate sexuality from being gay and claiming it’s primary how u connect with others....but since you are now just jumping around, I’ll leave that part...

Let me ask you something....why is that gay people can have sex the heterosexual way.....but end up claiming it’s natural for them to be gay...?

If it’s natural and their sexuality is the same with how straight people feel sexual attraction, a gay man should find having sex with a woman completely repulsive... same for lesbian.....but quite the contrary...gay men can actually get an erection and fvck women and lesbians can actually orgasm with men..

Does it not prove the research that people are gay out of choice or a Rewire of their sexual attraction..ie, gay people have simply broaden their sense of sexuality..perhaps unconsciously, however, it has nothing to do with how they were born..
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

You don’t have to conjure a belief out of thin air....there’s no gay gene...that’s a fundamental fact of science...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 10:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Thanks for your concern. And thanks for not resorting to insults in our chats so far. However, if I cannot tolerate the possibility of having a gay child, then I'm not fit to have kids. Any parent who turns their back on thier child cause of sexuality shouldn't have tried having kids in the first place. Getting pregnant is an contract with nature to accept and love whatever comes out unconditionally. Anything short of this is wickedness.

But the truth remains, No right thinking parent will wish to have Gay children.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Heathen777(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
Sir, rather than using your position of power to antagonize and demonize a minority group, why not use it to preach love and acceptance.... Qualities of the Christ you follow.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 10:58pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Having a few bad experiences with some Christians doesn't mean all Christians are like that. A Christ-like Christian wouldn't discriminate, neither would they rejoice in what gays do or encourage them
Lol...why are you confusing yourself grin
Do you actually understand what discrimination entails. Ok,are you in support of gay rights then or against it?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

But the truth remains, No right thinking parent will wish to have Gay children.

What we want or don't want is our problem. The child shouldn't suffer cause our own preferences. The reason I might prefer a straight child is because I wouldn't want my kid to suffer the discrimination against gay people. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 11:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

What we want or don't want is our problem. The child shouldn't suffer cause our own preferences. The reason I might prefer a straight child is because I wouldn't want my kid to suffer the discrimination against gay people. Otherwise, I couldn't care less.

Okay. We will all get what we wish for in life.

Thanks for your time anyway.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 11:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Homosexuality is primarily about how you feel emotionally connected with others.”

The above was your quote in the other comment , this was why I accused you of desperately trying to separate sexuality from being gay and claiming it’s primary how u connect with others....but since you are now just jumping around, I’ll leave that part...

Let me ask you something....why is that gay people can have sex the heterosexual way.....but end up claiming it’s natural for them to be gay...?

If it’s natural and their sexuality is the same with how straight people feel sexual attraction, a gay man should find having sex with a woman completely repulsive... same for lesbian.....but quite the contrary...gay men can actually get an erection and fvck women and lesbians can actually orgasm with men..

Does it not prove the research that people are gay out of choice or a Rewire of their sexual attraction..ie, gay people have simply broaden their sense of sexuality..perhaps unconsciously, however, it has nothing to do with how they were born..

@bold: that doesn't make any sense (no offense intended). Being gay is a sexuality and I was telling you the factors that make one straight or gay. The presence of emotional connection I mentioned isn't only applicable to gay people. Even as a straight man, you aren't straight just cause you feel pleasure when a woman gives you head (you'd still feel pleasure if you close your eyes and a man gives you head). You're straight also cause you can love a woman romantically, something a gay person is incapable of.

The rest of your post goes to show you are discussing a topic you have extremely limited knowledge of. A homosexual man finds vagina to be the most repulsive thing on the surface of the earth! Anyone who is into both men and women is called a bisexual and not a homosexual. I think that piece of information dismantles the everything you typed up there.

Just in case you missed it, a homosexual man would throw up on seeing the female private part. Please, stop the hatred for a second and try understand people who aren't like you.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by RussellRutherfo: 11:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
HuntSon:

Who's we?? Lmao...humans can now create people?? Okay why can't yall uncreate them?? undecided

Some of y'all be effortlessly sounding dumbb!
You won't understand, illiterate until you study.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by PoliteActivist: 11:51pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Same person that created Adam created Steve

But Steve reorientated his mind..

So u admit God did create Adam and Steve
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by PoliteActivist: 11:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
vickydankal:

Who created eve?

That is already settled by the pastor. What he did not tell us is who created Steve
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Teddyaiyez(m): 11:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
Baba abeg tlk is watin dy affect d Nation now.... VP na pastor for your church nd he allow tins dy go wrong for d country like dis

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘BSC In Law’ Graduate, Vera Anyim Storms Dunamis Church In Port Harcourt / "Emmanuel Atewe Gave N35M To Winners Chapel" - Daddy Freeze Reacts To Report / Is MMM A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.