Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" (38181 Views)

Pastor Adeboye: God Hasn’t Told Me Who Will Be President In 2023 / Bishop Oyedepo Of Winners And Steve Jobs Of Apple Inc: 7 Similarities / Pastor Adeboye: "God Drank Tea With Me". Daddy Freeze Reacts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 4:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
studentofTruth:

You can say whatever pleases you. A child has no sexual orientation at birth. circumstances nurture the orientation. That's a fact.

Circumstances make the 5 year old kid to be effeminate, right? Going by your logic, being straight is also not natural, right? Dude, sexual attractions are natural instincts in almost all living things. Living things are naturally created to crave and have sex regardless of the circumstances. The majority seek the opposite gender while there are exceptions. Stop winding up theories to oppress people who aren't like you. Everyone can't be the same. Nature makes exceptions in everything including day and night.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Adufeamos: 4:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
jesusjnr2020:
I love that!

Let me see if I could turn that into a little rap...

God created Adam and Eve
Not Adam and Steve
So for this reason He'd leave
His parents and cleave
What God has joined together
Let no man put asunder
So any demonic agenda
Let Holy Ghost Fire scatter.

Amen!

Lol nice one.
*Any demonic agenda, make God make them surrender

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

We have our own version of what development entails and that's growth and development based on morals. Look at what is happening in the Western world, we have high increase in Suicide, Shooting, Killing, Divorce, and societal evils. Why? Because morality has been killed.

The Western world is not the US alone. I live in the so-called Western world and I've lived here all my life. Nothing happening here compares to the suffering of people in Northern Nigeria due to intolerance. Intolerance and lack of regards for the minority is what makes Africa a dangerous place. Everyone sees reason why they are better than others. No society can ever grow like that. And for the record, you have no idea what development is if your aim is just to have power supply, money, etc without protecting human rights and equality.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
mmsen:
Why is he worried about what two consenting adults do in their own bedroom?

And who would choose to be gay, in bigoted Nigeria? Clearly it isn't a choice.

And why is this his priority? The lack of electricity? The lack of clean drinking water? The abusive family situations? Abusive government doesn't warrant his time?
Is he talking to you?
He's talking to his children in the faith.
Mind your business.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 4:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
Oga, Nigeria is burning and gay people is what you woke up this morning pressed about?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by DannyG8(m): 4:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thattallgirl:
But love the people, hate the sin
are you one of them
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 4:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lazykulture:
Then why does God continue to create gays?
God does NOT create gays.
The fallen nature of man is the seed from which every sin, every defect sprouts from.
Adam was perfect, till he fell.
He didn't just die spiritually, the human DNA was compromised.
That is why today you hear of new discoveries of sicknesses our ancestors never had to deal with.
Also, the growth of diverse... absurd lifestyles, sexual orientation, Fetishes and fantasies.
For example, necrophilia.
Homosexuality is a product of the fall of man.
It was never God's original plan.
From the beginning, it was not intended to be so.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

The Western world is not the US alone. I live in the so-called Western world and I've lived here all my life. Nothing happening here compares to the suffering of people in Northern Nigeria due to intolerance. Intolerance and lack of regards for the minority is what makes Africa a dangerous place. Everyone sees reason why they are better than others. No society can ever grow like that. And for the record, you have no idea what development is if your aim is just to have power supply, money, etc without protecting human rights and equality.

Because one need to uphold fundamental human rights and equality doesn't mean that decency and decorum should be wished away. Tomorrow, people who sleep with animals will also come out and demand for their right of association. Men sleeping with teenage girls will also seek for a right to indulge as long as there is consent btw both parties. They are laws guiding every nation and those laws should be guided by morals.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

So why are humans playing God by criminalizing homosexuality? God gave you freewill, humans took it.
Criminalize homosexuality?That’s a government problem on the grounds of being more predisposed to HIV/AIDS....

As for the general public...everyone is entitled to their opinion...
.if you are a homosexual...just do ur thing... as long as u ain’t bugging anyone...I don’t think anyone will bug you...

but that you don’t want people to have opinion.... that’s not possible....

The problem with homosexual these days is that they say that they are not bugging anyone...
but why the desperate need to use religion to validate homosexuals or prevent people from disagreeing with their sexual orientation..saying don’t condemn.....

U are already bugging by using religion to validate homosexuality... so people will talk more because religion is also an identity of many people

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Thattallgirl(f): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

If they don't want to change then that's their concern. No time to check time. We will personally send them into extinction. Nonsense.
Lol okay
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Thattallgirl(f): 4:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
DannyG8:
are you one of them
Nah dear. I'm straight
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 4:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol okay

Nice one, but if I may ask, how tall are you?
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Merimental:

good rhymes
Thanks bro.

It's God who makes all things possible even good rhymes.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by mmsen: 4:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Chii59:

Is he talking to you?
He's talking to his children in the faith.
Mind your business.

Why does he not use his influence for more pressing needs?

Nigerians don't have time to waste on such nonsense. Most Nigerians don't even know anyone who is openly gay but they do have to go without power for many hours a day. They are made to ply bad roads, everyday. They are forced to pay bribes to get basic things done.

Deal with those matters before talking about homosexuality. Homosexuality is not Nigeria's problem.

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by jesusjnr2020(m): 4:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Adufeamos:

Lol nice one.
*Any demonic agenda, make God make them surrender
Wow! Nice one.

Amen!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Finnestgreat: 4:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
True
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Professorcplus(m): 4:46pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Condemn and hate is most wrongly used word on this planet.....
Lol. It was clearly written - my opinion. Instead of you to give yours, you didn't.

You could have as well give a synonym to replace
the word -condeme; you didn't.

Okay you also didn't like using -hate word on people, you could aswell not like the word - dislike that I used.

This is the problem with most Nigerians, we just condeme people without proffering solution. No offense bro.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by studentofTruth: 4:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
WoundedLamb:

Circumstances make the 5 year old kid to be effeminate, right? Going by your logic, being straight is also not natural, right? Dude, sexual attractions are natural instincts in almost all living things. Living things are naturally created to crave and have sex regardless of the circumstances. The majority seek the opposite gender while there are exceptions. Stop winding up theories to oppress people who aren't like you. Everyone can't be the same. Nature makes exceptions in everything including day and night.

Yes, Man, by nature, is a sexual being but who s/he sleeps with is a question of conditioning nurtured by circumstances. That's why straight can recondition themselves to become gay, and the reverse is also true — I'm sure you can accept the former and deny the latter.

While there are genes that control sexual expression, there's no Gene that determines sexual orientation!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Lazykulture: 4:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yusman316:

Just imagine reasoning. No body was created that way, people choose to be what they are or rather what they want to do. It's called free will, just that there is consequence for any action anybody takes
i hear u
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Thattallgirl(f): 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Nice one, but if I may ask, how tall are you?
Lol I didn't agree with what you said o, not interested in arguing.
I'm 5'11ft
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by CheGuevara102: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
Thattallgirl:
Lol I didn't agree with what you said o, not interested in arguing.
I'm 5'11ft

You're tall for a girl, almost 6 ft.

I have a knack for tall girls.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by chiifeanyi76: 5:01pm On Oct 20, 2020
"From selling akara, i became a Councilor at Nnewi North Local government in Anambra"- Ugochinyere shares her inspiring story. https://www.bbc.com/igbo/media-54589155
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
Professorcplus:

Lol. It was clearly written - my opinion. Instead of you to give yours, you didn't.

You could have as well give a synonym to replace
the word -condeme; you didn't.

Okay you also didn't like using -hate word on people, you could aswell not like the word - dislike that I used.

This is the problem with most Nigerians, we just condeme people without proffering solution. No offense bro.

It’s not about looking for a replacement.... it’s about the meaning of the word...

Suddenly... u tell someone u disagree with Simething he does, the next thins he says, is you are condemning me or hating me......I mean, suddenly people can’t have opinions without it turning to hate and condemn

They now bring religion into it...that’Jesus ddnt condemn by saving the adulterous woman from being lynched means Jesus is fine with all sin hence, nobody has a right to say anything about what his neighbor is doing.......??
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 20, 2020
mmsen:

Why does he not use his influence for more pressing needs.

Nigerians don't have time to waste on such nonsense. Most Nigerians don't even know anyone who is openly gay but they do have to go without power for many hours ago. They have to ply bad roads, everyday. They are forced to pay bribes to get basic things done.

Deal with those matters before talking about homosexuality. Homosexuality is not Nigeria's problem.
He's still not talking to you.
Where were you when he addresses the Nigerian government
"Restructure or break up"
I get it that you're an atheist. That's your choice.
I respect that.
Learn to respect people's beliefs, even if you don't agree with them.
Not everytime you attack, attack. I always see your responses.
Keep scrolling.
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 5:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
studentofTruth:

Man, by nature, is a sexual being but who s/he sleeps with is a question of conditioning nurtured by circumstances. That's why straight can recondition themselves to become gay, and the reverse is also true — I'm sure you can accept the former and deny the latter.

No. Let's get is straight, straight people can have sex with men but that does not necessarily make them gay. Getting your thing erect and inserting it into a hole doesn't change your sexuality. A lesbian can always take in dic but that doesn't make her straight. Homosexuality isn't all about sex. One can be gay all his life without having sex with anyone. Homosexuality is primarily about how you feel emotionally connected with others. A gay person, regardless of how he likes a girl, can never love a girl the way he loves a man. That's what being gay is. And no straight person can make than switch cause it is within his power to decide to love a man. The fact that we make the subject all about sex is why there are so many misconceptions about it. You are not straight just cause you fvck women. You are straight cause of the way you could feel about a woman, a feeling you can never get from men even if you decide to sleep with them. When we understand this fact, we'd know that being gay is not a switch.

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by gproy: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
Too much knowledge content
And filled with wisdom
Preach on sir!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 5:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
1StopRudeness:

Criminalize homosexuality?That’s a government problem on the grounds of being more predisposed to HIV/AIDS....

As for the general public...everyone is entitled to their opinion...
.if you are a homosexual...just do ur thing... as long as u ain’t bugging anyone...I don’t think anyone will bug you...

but that you don’t want people to have opinion.... that’s not possible....

The problem with homosexual these days is that they say that they are not bugging anyone...
but why the desperate need to use religion to validate homosexuals or prevent people from disagreeing with their sexual orientation..saying don’t condemn.....

U are already bugging by using religion to validate homosexuality... so people will talk more because religion is also an identity of many people

The government thing? A law is passed to encourage the discrimination of a group of people and all you can is, that's a government thing? You see why discrimination is not leaving Africa anytime soon? People only care when they are effected. Suddenly, the consituin of a nation is now termed "government thing" just because you are not affected? Those of us here in the Americas who have never seen SARS peoppe before went out to the streets to protest against police brutality which is, going by your standards, 'SARS thing'. Let's stop shying away from the truth, homosexuality - sin or not - should not be a criminal offense in any same society. The law doesn't fight sins, it is not a religious tool.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Thattallgirl(f): 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

You're tall for a girl, almost 6 ft.

I have a knack for tall girls.
Thanks
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
iLegendd:
I won't say a word. Heard it before. We, the gay men of Nigeria, are coming to your Church to prove it's Adam and Steve.

Fire go burn you before you reach there
Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by WoundedLamb: 5:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Because one need to uphold fundamental human rights and equality doesn't mean that decency and decorum should be wished away. Tomorrow, people who sleep with animals will also come out and demand for their right of association. Men sleeping with teenage girls will also seek for a right to indulge as long as there is consent btw both parties. They are laws guiding every nation and those laws should be guided by morals.

You lump up so many things just to achieve the aim killing the dog. Adult consent has always been the line when we talk about sexual crimes. In that regards how does homosexuality fit in with pedophilia and bestiality? Who defines what these morals are, your religious leaders? The law fights crime but if you want to talk about morals, why haven't we criminalized adultery and fornication? Those ones are good cause the majority engage in them? You see the direction of your moral compass? It's simply of function of majority opinion and nothing less. And a society where the minority is voiceless is bound to be turbulent regardless of how rich the people are.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by mmsen: 5:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Chii59:

He's still not talking to you.
Where were you when he addresses the Nigerian government
"Restructure or break up"
I get it that you're an atheist. That's your choice.
I respect that.
Learn to respect people's beliefs, even if you don't agree with them.
Not everytime you attack, attack. I always see your responses.
Keep scrolling.

I don't care about his religion. My point is about his influence. He has a lot of it in Nigeria yet nobody can show me one occasion where he has used it for the betterment of the nation.

It isn't just him. Most of the religious leaders in Nigeria are the same, not only have they done nothing to drive the nation forward but have actively dragged the people backwards.

Nigerians are out on the street calling for better security and governance but this one is talking about 'Adam and Steve'...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Adeboye: "God Created Adam And Eve, Not Adam And Steve" by Lazykulture: 5:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Chii59:

God does NOT create gays.
The fallen nature of man is the seed from which every sin, every defect sprouts from.
Adam was perfect, till he fell.
He didn't just die spiritually, the human DNA was compromised.
That is why today you hear of new discoveries of sicknesses our ancestors never had to deal with.
Also, the growth of diverse... absurd lifestyles, sexual orientation, Fetishes and fantasies.
For example, necrophilia.
Homosexuality is a product of the fall of man.
It was never God's original plan.
From the beginning, it was not intended to be so.
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Juju Found At The Front Of CAC Campus Fellowship FUOYE (pic) / Please, No Sex Before Marriage Is NEVER A Scam / Sierra Leone Mudslide: Oydepo Visits Sierra Leone President,Give Them Foodstuffs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.