Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,915 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos (59595 Views)

Kwara Imposes 24-hour Curfew In Ilorin As Warehouse Lootings Turn Violent / Governor Wike Imposes 24 Hours Curfew On Some Parts Of Rivers State / EndSARS: Ikpeazu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Aba And Umuahia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Bhol28: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
maasoap:

What were you expecting before? Let the criminality continues. Edo is in soup already for many months to come.

Shameless lots undecided

Because they were instructed to avoid confrontation.
which they did perfectly,but our overzealous protesters thot they are cowards and started attacking them

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 12:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
stifej:
Shot at sight abi? Don't worry, even as you are wishing harm to innocent people, every evil wish of your heart will return to you in multiple folds.

Stop uttering rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by bangging(m): 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kyase:

None of they protest and none of is in Lagos grin
strey bullet the from Lagos go meet somebody for Ibadan na.. grin
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Coronavirus1: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
The oppressor have started again.
It did not work in Benin it can not work in Lagos
Endsars end police brutality
End bad governance

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sonofElElyon: 12:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
I don't know who released the detainees but judging from the video evidence that was posted here, it seems miscreants set the police station ablaze judging from the way they were rejoicing and celebrating the fire..

yazga:
I work at Orile nt far frm this where incident occurred & truth is Thugs or hoodlums had nothing to do wit this fire. The police officers let the prisoners go and set the place on fire by themselves. No officer was inside. They restricted people from putting it off

How does the curfew in Lagos start at 4pm today? How will people get home? A 24 hour indefinite curfew is oppressive and will only give room/excuses for people to be further brutalized by the police.

The thugs didn't break into the prison. The prisoners were released illegally by authorities to pin it on the protesters.

Don't mistake it for the other
I worked in two prisons including the 2nd biggest one in the South East as a 'Prison Doctor' for one year & I can bet my life that no jailbreak can be successful without the help of Prison Staff.

A Nigerian prison was overran and not a single gunshot was fired.

These people must take their citizens for fools.
Script well played .. Yesterday during the violence,the government kept quiet why ? Now they release the prisoners so it looked like the protesters did it even when the gates were still locked .. Security breach was internal but on whose orders.. Surely,the government.
A prisoner escaped in Benin today and said he’s been in prison since 2014 but he’s wearing this seasons Arsenal jersey
Weyrey should stop disguising.
The blood of the dead is crying,

Detained in Kirikiri as an activist fighting military dictatorship, I've a fair knowledge of the inside. When there is an unrest outside, the Chief Warder orders lockdown- every prisoner to his cell. How did those prisoners climb up the wall from the inside of Benin Prison?
Two possibilities:
1) The Chief Warder didn't order lockdown and warders were overpowered by the prisoners, inside, or;
2) The prison authority helped prisoners with ladders and climbing sheets, likely blankets
Knowing Benin has a history of jailbreaks- it happened in May 1989 during the anti-SAP protests. That time, the protesters freed the prisoners- the prison authority ought to have ordered a lockdown.
Either way the jailbreak has nothing to do with #EndSars
https://twitter.com/AbdulMahmud01/status/1318148215489896448
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Kyase(m): 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
bangging:
strey bullet the from Lagos go meet somebody for Ibadan na.. grin
lol no be me.
I'm a good Christian

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by wonder233: 12:24pm On Oct 20, 2020
To end bad governance, go get your PVC. It's not to be forming "woke". Majority of protesters from the south do not have PVCs. Stop being delusional you can have a revolution.
Acidosis:

A necessary move.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Millimann: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
Afamed:

As you never pass your Jamb examination since all these years, Tinubu must be the one responsible for it

Some morons like this one pretend they don't know what is happening in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Nobody: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
PremierGuy:
Chai end of free food and drink

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by OmoManU: 12:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.

hope you would lead that huge crowd?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by omenka(m): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
seunmsg:

Confirmed.

This decision is inevitable if you ask me, we all saw it coming. Peaceful protest can no longer take place alongside lawlessness. Government must restore law and order before the situation gets out of hand.
Jack005 asked a very valid question two comments above yours.

If what he says happens, what would be the response of the government?

I don't think the call was a good call by the governor.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by GFELOG2018: 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Kyase:

That's the purpose. MUMU

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by omenka(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:
What if they defy the curfew and the number of people protesting are very high? How do you disperse such huge crowd? By the way, the protest should be aligning towards ending bad government.
Good comment.
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by DonCandido(f): 12:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
Newman20:
Still won't stop us from protesting.

Gather here if you hate our corrupt polithiefcians.

It will end in TEARS...
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by sammirano: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
I have always said it that this guy isvsuper foolish. How will 4pmcurgew work in lagos. People are already at work. Who thinks for this guy.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by GFELOG2018: 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
gentlegenius:

What if it is the government that send those hoodlums to unleash mayhem so that they can have a good reason to stop the protest?
In many parts of the country, hoodlums had hijacked the peaceful protest, they even break into a police station to free prisoners in Edo, yet none of these hoodlums was arrested... and you don't see government hand in it?
WAKE UP!
This is Naija.
Don't argue with this Zomb. Your plans for 2023 will fail. If you know you know. undecided
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by felzokugo(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
fergie001:

Babajide Sanwo-olu
Oga Sanwo Olu...me and you know say na politicians dey hijack this our peacful protest. But mk i still let you know say....we go still peacfeull occupy d street even after 4pm. Except u wan kill us all. Thank you sir.

1 Like

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by Temptee101(m): 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

None of those states declared a curfew. Show me protests in Benin today and I'll believe you.
This is Benin city today, you and the govt still don't understand what is going on.

They people can't breathe again, people are ready to die for this course.

If you know the number of people that have died so far, and more still ready to sacrifice their lives, you will understand the extent of this struggle.

Life means nothing to an average Nigerian right now. Majority of Nigerian youths are living a life full of hopelessness all because of our useless and greedy leaders.

Blame the leaders and politicians and not the Nigerian youths.

Nigerian youths are fed up.

#EndBadGovernance
#EndNASSBogusSalaries
#EndUnemployment

No retreat No surrender

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by jagzyukay: 12:31pm On Oct 20, 2020
SoftP:
Just some few buildings burnt and u guys are crying foul.

Can you equate it with the number of lives lost?

Peaceful protest koor, peaceful protest niii;

They think by sending hoodlums to hijack the process by burning protesters cars and sporadically shooting will make us relent; Una lie

I’m sure those guys who were victims of SARS brutality had a peaceful death

May the blood of those innocent souls u guys greedily sent to early grave speaks violent against all ur lives.

Curfew or no curfew, we’ve already gotten use to their shootings
Against all odds, we will keep fighting for a better branded Nigeria

#EndSARS
#EndBuhari’s Reign

Oga come outside Nd say it naa. I’m very sure u won’t even leave your house. But you’d be encouraging others to do so. Hypocrisy at its peak

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by yoribo: 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
leading by proxy, our federal Government should not be ruling us through proxy, newspaper, tweeter, etc if our president can't come out to talk due to so many engagements,, let's the vice Prof. Yemi Osibanjo should come out to speak to his people. Not speaking tru tweeter and paper
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by LaReinaa(f): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
They will need more than a stupid curfew to shut us up.. they're very mad!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by joefelin2345: 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
zionmde:
very good decision
let's see those who are really ready to die for dis country
wisdom demands dat this protest should have ended on Saturday or Sunday den allow government do wat they said they will do. now touts and thugs have hijacked d protests let's see who suffers most.

lest I forget d so called youth were there wen buhari won lagos state. our tears have just began
Why are you talking from both sides of your mouth? You supported the curfew at the same time blaming the Lagos Youth for voting PMB. Who told you that our votes counted during the last election most especially in Lagos State?
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by felzokugo(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
#ENDBADGOVERNANCEINNIGERIA#
#KICKOUTOLDLEADERS#.....WE MOVE!
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by FLYFIRE(m): 12:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
DonCandido:

It will end in TEARS...
Please STEP ASIDE. YOU HAVE ALREADY FAILED & DISGRACED YOUR FAMILY AND FUTURE KIDS; LET REASONABLE NIGERIANS FIGHT FOR THEIR FUTURE
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by MrNipplesLover(m): 12:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
24 hr curfew abi? fine.

after 24 hrs, shebi protesters go hit back on the streets and continue abi?

this was necessary, but not the solution.

tell Mr. president that if him fit announce to he public that:

1) the SWAT has been suspended indefinitely (courtesy of the IGP).

2) all members of the house have been forced to take 60% cut of salaries and allowances.

3) will be attended to before month end

4) shall be solved before month end.

5) shall be resolved before month end.

6) same

7) same as above.

then tell the protesters to hold for the rest results with ultimatum of end of October.

then see what will happen immediately.

but, u assholes wan use cunning cunning ways to win the youths?

failed on arrival.

to the bastard criminals and cultists who have hijacked our peaceful protests nationwide, Ogun kill all of Una there.

let's move.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by olatuns2017: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
Jack005:

Pls come and lead us on the streets

3 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by namo77: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is not good

What of the students writing exams?

------------

Take your business online... Get an affordable website.

Call/whatsapp: 08117506291
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by iwaeda: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
Afamed:
1 canister definitely will take very good care of you
At least the one that fires it will have a good story to tell too
Nobody can DEFEAT Purpose
Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by uptimum123(m): 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
sammirano:
I have always said it that this guy isvsuper foolish. How will 4pmcurgew work in lagos. People are already at work. Who thinks for this guy.

It's fair to say you are more foolish..

If you leave your place of work now, you can get home before 4pm.

Shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by solonzo2funk: 12:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
naiirablog:

Who are those protesting?

Answer : The masses.

Is it Legitimate

Answer: Yes

Who is the protest Obstructing more?

Answer: The masses..

What kind of Maths is these. Leave the express roads and go to the government houses. Go to the Secretariats and HA
Your fellow Nigerians are not your problems.
Some.of them.need to work daily to eat. Your beer bellied poiliticians are not staying at the express road. Use your heads Thank you.

true talk

2 Likes

Re: Sanwo-Olu Imposes 24-Hour Curfew In Lagos by iwaeda: 12:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
Afamed:
Ochanja youths or Upper Iweka youths? Chestbeater
All of you fronting for destruction, A to ye yin!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Reacts After A Peter Obi Supporter Reported His Tweet / Market Woman Tries To Pour Garri On VP Osinbajo's Hand At Ikenne Market / “buhari Was Accused Of N2.8 Bln Scam As Oil Minister” – Madueke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.