Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,890 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:39 PM

Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? (5510 Views)

Nigerian Lady Shares The Content Of Her DM With A Guy On Twitter / Girl Replies A Guy On Facebook After 5 Years After She Saw A Pic Of Him In US / Girl Gets Insulted Because She Refused To Visit A Guy On Their First Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 9:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
This is just taking things too far

What happened to etiquette? undecided

Biglittlelois:
A lot of times, for the back side, one had the guts by walking up to me, asking for a grabbing opportunity, the nerve.....
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:00pm On Oct 20, 2020
Wrong!

PrinceofAgoAre:
Me sef shock finish. Females catcalling is worse
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 10:03pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Men have their fashion choices too, we only complain about women more because of social constructs and archaic exaggerations.

Just like how people try to justify rape with dressing blah blah blah...of course there is need for moderation in dressing.

You used the word 'condemned'...no society thrives under condemnation...we can say what is happening with SARS

Men that are always walking around in boxers. They want to be the only ones that can do what they like.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:04pm On Oct 20, 2020
God bless you.

The problem is not with the dressing. As i am, if a woman walks past me naked, does that mean it's okay if i catcall her or even try to grab her body? Definitely not

Biglittlelois:

Fully dressed women can also arouse some men, same way almost naked women wouldn't so much as get a look from some men, discipline is key here.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:12pm On Oct 20, 2020
I know places where guys wear undies that deliberately reveal their penis - in public.

Some just have a preference for briefs or tight underwear - it would be wrong to assume otherwise, but society does not find it showy

But a woman with barely visible cleavage is dragged and slut shamed - and is considered as showing too much

purples25:

Men that are always walking around in boxers. They want to be the only ones that can do what they like.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 10:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I know places where guys wear undies that deliberately reveal their penis - in public.

Some just have a preference for briefs or tight underwear - it would be wrong to assume otherwise, but society does not find it showy

But a woman with barely visible cleavage is dragged and slut shamed - and is considered as showing too much

Guys even bathe in public. With no shame.

I think society just loves to control women.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2020
Yes, many societies form by belittling or restricting women - Nigeria, included.

I have seen enough of it on Nairaland alone grin

purples25:

Guys even bathe in public. With no shame.

I think society just loves to control women.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Komu1048(m): 10:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Men have their fashion choices too, we only complain about women more because of social constructs and archaic exaggerations.

Just like how people try to justify rape with dressing blah blah blah...of course there is need for moderation in dressing.

You used the word 'condemned'...no society thrives under condemnation...we can see what is happening with SARS

Then keep deceiving yourself, catcalling and rape will continue, while it will take a lot more than advice/enforcement for men sexual habits towards nudity to change it will take less stress and energy to caution unclad girls to change for their own safety. People like you want to eat ur cake and have it, western ways have further blindfolded you, to know u r dealing with Africans. Displaying our sexual organ calling it fashion is not African thing and no matter how hard u try to make it look it’s still not simple. Bros as far as I’m concern men and women needs to adjust to clear harassment, catcalling and rape from our street. But believing it doesn’t matter what ladies wear, means we r not serious yet. Do u know how many men masturbate just by looking at ladies nudities.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 10:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Yes, many societies form by belittling or restricting women - Nigeria, included.

I have seen enough of it on Nairaland alone grin

Yeah they just love to make women small. So many misogynists here.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:29pm On Oct 20, 2020
You obviously know nothing about rape and catcalling

Can you explain to me why some fully covered women have been raped in their homes? Or you think every raped woman displayed her body prior?

As a gender based violence advocate, i advise women to watch their movements and encourage moderate dressing - don't say what you don't know please

Komu1048:

Then keep deceiving yourself, catcalling and rape will continue, while it will take a lot more than advice/enforcement for men sexual habits towards nudity to change it will take less stress and energy to caution unclad girls to change for their own safety. People like you want to eat ur cake and have it, western ways have further blindfolded you, to know u r dealing with Africans. Displaying our sexual organ calling it fashion is not African thing and no matter how hard u try to make it look it’s still not simple. Bros as far as I’m concern men and women needs to adjust to clear harassment, catcalling and rape from our street. But believing it doesn’t matter what ladies wear, means we r not serious yet. Do u know how many men masturbate just by looking at ladies nudities.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
Wrong!
Dnt piss me off broh. U've got ur opinion, i've got mine.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
It depends on upbringing and personal experiences a lot of times, many women-haters grew up with bad advice or had bad ordeals with some women.

The problem is that they used their experiences to guide every part of their reasoning

purples25:

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
I can't view what isn't right without calling it out.

Catcalling from men to women is worse and more on the abusive end.

PrinceofAgoAre:
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
purples25:

We'd love to see u guys walk around in panties nd bra seriously
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 10:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
It depends on upbringing and personal experiences a lot of times, many women-haters grew up with bad advice or had bad ordeals with some women.

The problem is that they used their experiences to guide every part of their reasoning

Yeah that is definitely the problem.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Apologies if you're pissed off, relax

PrinceofAgoAre:
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
That wasn't her point grin

PrinceofAgoAre:
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 10:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
PrinceofAgoAre:

Lol you guys are just more wild and sexually aroused. Plus all the violence and judgment of women.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
I can't view what isn't right without calling it out.

Catcalling from men to women is worse and more on the abusive end.

So 4rm d females to men is a compliments huh?

get d fvck off my mention. I dnt wnt ur simptardness to rub off on me.

2 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
You assumed what i never typed.

Catcalling is rude regardless of who is giving it, men do it more and get more physical about it.

PrinceofAgoAre:
So 4rm d females to men is a compliments huh?

get d fvck off my mention. I dnt wnt ur simptardness to rub off on me.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
This doesn't mean it is right when women do it.

nwaezeemmanuel:
You assumed what i never typed.

Catcalling is rude regardless of who is giving it, men do it more and get more physical about it.

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Komu1048(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
You obviously know nothing about rape and catcalling

Can you explain to me why some fully covered women have been raped in their homes? Or you think every raped woman displayed her body prior?

As a gender based violence advocate, [b]i advise women to watch their movements and encourage moderate dressing - [/b]don't say what you don't know please

The above is all I’m pointing out, I might not know much as u do but issue of sexual harassment is not a topic on rocket science. Ofcus some were as a result of preying on some they sense as weak but if our women dress well we have won half of the battle then we know ladies have done their part and we know the issue is now about we men. No well dress woman can be catcall, if they are then I haven’t seen or heard of any of my over 30 years of existence

2 Likes

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 10:44pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
That wasn't her point grin
. What was her point?

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
You've lived longer than me, but i have seen a well dressed woman being catcalled.

If you think moderate dressing will solve half of rape problems, think again. If a man rapes a woman, it is his fault and not a blame to be shared by the woman.

Please stop believing this dressing myth, it will only encourage and support rapists

Komu1048:

The above is all I’m pointing out, I might not know much as u do but issue of sexual harassment is not a topic on rocket science. Ofcus some were as a result of preying on some they sense as weak but if our women dress well we have won half of the battle then we know ladies have done their part and we know the issue is now about we men. No well dress woman can be catcall, if they are then I haven’t seen or heard of any of my over 30 years of existence

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
The fact that men can present themselves however they want without being shamed like many women are

PrinceofAgoAre:
. What was her point?

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by nwaezeemmanuel(m): 10:56pm On Oct 20, 2020
I volunteer with a Sexual Assault Referral Centre and have heard some rape cases come in.

Fathers raping their pre-teen daughters. Uncles raping nieces that don't know what sex is about. What curves, or female endownments could this underaged girls possibly have?

See why the dressing/arousal mentality is not solving anything?

nwaezeemmanuel:
You've lived longer than me, but i have seen a well dressed woman being catcalled.

If you think moderate dressing will solve half of rape problems, think again. If a man rapes a woman, it is his fault and not a blame to be shared by the woman.

Please stop believing this dressing myth, it will only encourage and support rapists

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
nwaezeemmanuel:
The fact that men can present themselves however they want without being shamed like many women are

i think d shaming even comes more 4rm their fellow women.

jxt lyk a particular day while i coming bak 4rm sch. There two females wearing an ultra revealing came down frm bike nd was walking to their destination. A woman hawking somethings i dont remember ryt nw some few other older women started rainning heavy curses on both ladies. D one hawking sometiing was really loud abt it.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
purples25:

i hope i aint catcalling if i call u a pretty ass grin
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by Komu1048(m): 11:07pm On Oct 20, 2020
We are going to share it ooo. U can’t dress like jezebek and expect men should look away. It’s like you going to plug ur phone in a public place such as a fuel station and your phone was stole. That doesn’t justify the fact the thief but u urself hasn’t taken safety caution. And that doesn’t mean your phone can’t be stole in ur home but atleast you have put up enough measure to safeguard ur phone. And people that lost phone through the former way is more than those who lost theirs through the later. But u should now be saying stealing is a bad and we should only focus on the thief and that the phone owner can plug its phone anywhere. If u do that, u r right but the victim will continue to lose his phone. Thanks
nwaezeemmanuel:

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by purples25(f): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
PrinceofAgoAre:
i hope i aint catcalling if i call u a pretty ass grin

I have no ass.
Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:11pm On Oct 20, 2020
Y u making catcalling dat much of a big deal. I bet d females love all of dat attention.

1 Like

Re: Women! Have You Ever Being Catcalled By A Guy On The Street Before? by PrinceofAgoAre(m): 11:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
purples25:

I have no ass.
Lmao.. Everyone has an ass. Yours jxt might be small.
anyways i wasnt referring to ur actual ass grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Exactly Makes Some Men Attracted T And Lust For Chubby/massive/fat Ladies? / They Are Both Of AS Genotype And Madly In Love, Should They Still Get Married? / My Girlfriend Called Me 'bros'.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.