Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,582 members, 7,816,434 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC (13664 Views)

Can She Qualify For NYSC Exemption Certificate Or Must She Do NYSC? / Best Companies To Do Nysc With: / Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by justwise(m): 10:34am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

I think you should go coz you are young and humorous and as you said that is the next thing to do in the protocol of Nigerian qualification. But there is[b] nothing fun in Nigeria anymore[/b], the clubs are whacked, you only socialize within people you know, the whole country is "tout-ish" and rude I don't enjoy it anymore.

Thats a very silly thing to say, how many cities or states are in Nigeria and how many have u visited to jump to that conclusion?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 10:36am On Mar 10, 2011
can't imagine what "tra glam" would be. asoke with stilettos? good though, I was expecting a reebook+t-shirt response. Wish I could be at your NYSC camp to see you in 3D.

@justwise just about anywhere. you name it.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 10:39am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

I was expecting a reebook+t-shirt response.

@justwise just about anywhere. you name it.

angry
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by justwise(m): 10:44am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

can't imagine what "tra glam" would be. asoke with stilettos? good though, I was expecting a reebook+t-shirt response. Wish I could be at your NYSC camp to see you in 3D.

@justwise[b] just about anywhere[/b]. you name it.

Aren't u struggling to justify ur comment? Then again what u called fun/boring maybe completely opposite to the next person.
You may not be a fan of funky clubs and see a place like that as cr.p while it could be regarded as heaven to somebody else.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 10:45am On Mar 10, 2011
chocobunny:

angry
well you will be wearing it in the camp
[img]http://thewillnigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=corpers_509138448.jpeg&size=article_medium[/img]
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 10:48am On Mar 10, 2011
Well of course nau. But I have a feeling I can work it out for the 3 weeks. grin
But once im out of uniform, there will be no "reeboks" what nonsense. lipsrsealed
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by justwise(m): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2011
chocobunny:

[b]Well of course nau. But I have a feeling I can work it out for the 3 weeks. grin[/b]But once im out of uniform, there will be no "reeboks" what nonsense. lipsrsealed

Sure u will, many have done it and u will fit in just fine, u already got the right attitude, so go 4 it
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 10:53am On Mar 10, 2011
@justwise trust me nigeria is not the same old nigeria 10 yrs ago in terms of discipline, civic duty etc. If I would go into details with you, you will get to understand but lets not bump this thread with unnecessary inputs. I don't need to justify my comment, like you said what I see as fun maybe entirely different to the other person. If you want to argue this, open a thread in the politics section I will give you my points there.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by justwise(m): 10:56am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

@justwise trust me nigeria is not the same old nigeria 10 yrs ago in terms of discipline, civic duty etc. If I would go into details with you, you will get to understand but[b] lets not bump this thread with unnecessary inputs[/b]. I don't need to justify my comment, like you said what I see as fun maybe entirely different to the other person. If you want to argue this, open a thread in the politics section I will give you my points there.

Lets not derail the thread, and as for the political section. . pointless, can't stand those tribalistic bunch.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:04am On Mar 10, 2011
ok squash it then. Lets continue to talk about how to join NYSC with a birth certificate from Utah and eventually get a husband in the camp. Oh, I have a cousin that joined military short service in nigeria with Arizona birth certificate, how patriotic of him.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 11:06am On Mar 10, 2011
*hissss* you are a goat!! jobless man!
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:11am On Mar 10, 2011
ouch bunny justwise said we should not derail the thread so I am trying to stay focus and give proper advice at my best.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 11:13am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

ouch bunny justwise said we should not derail the thread so I am trying to stay focus and give proper advice at my best.

This post is already derailed. I already found out what I needed to know. Do I need to be naturalized? Apparently no. So im good. *Heads to another thread*
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:20am On Mar 10, 2011
well, you still own the thread and if anything happens to it you are liable. By the way I am at work, just wish I could get someone to do my work, are you into I.T?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 11:22am On Mar 10, 2011
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:23am On Mar 10, 2011
good I am writing this iPhone application in objective-c can you help please?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 11:24am On Mar 10, 2011
i doubt it, sad you can try me but, ive not done C++ in a while and its even slightly different from C. But tell me and ill let you know if i cant do it.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:36am On Mar 10, 2011
objective-c is a superset of C if you know C you can do it. I just started it 2 weeks ago. The core of the application is to use network framework to do http transactions with a webserver. This include login to the server and respond to events based on http status code. I have covered much of the login and response part now what is left is to scrape the data that is returned from the server and put it into a meaningful interface pretty much just string manipulation and add it to the interface. do you have ym?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by fstranger3(m): 11:38am On Mar 10, 2011
^^^

About time you two got a room
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 11:41am On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

objective-c is a superset of C if you know C you can do it. I just started it 2 weeks ago. The core of the application is to use network framework to do http transactions with a webserver. This include login to the server and respond to events based on http status code. I have covered much of the login and response part now what is left is to scrape the data that is returned from the server and put it into a meaningful interface pretty much just string manipulation and add it to the interface. do you have ym?

i wont lie to you this is sounding like a bit much. as far as string manipulation which is the only part i am familiar with, hmmm i know a bit about concatenation, as well as getting characters from strings and ignoring the rest. but im honestly about to sleep. its 5:39 am here and im still in the computer lab, ive not slept. cry really sorry.

fstranger3:

^^^

About time you two got a room

im too tired to write a witty response. cry
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 11:47am On Mar 10, 2011
Ok I can understand. When are you going to Nigeria? if your really interested in Nigeria I would like to know more about you maybe you can represent me there if it works out. This really depends on you and your input.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by fstranger3(m): 11:51am On Mar 10, 2011
chocobunny:

im too tired to write a witty response. cry

Wit is not for everyone, atleast not the forte of antisocial confused mo'a fuuuukies grin. Only few of us have that talent!
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by hydroking23(m): 12:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
Born, raised and educated in the states and I've been thinking about doing NYSC. My current job hasn't made an issue out of it but for formality sake I think I'll do it.

How many batches are there for the year and when do they start?? Anyone else in here thinking about doing it?? I'd love to touch basis with some peeps in similar shoes cause I'm not too keen on going to camp not knowing anyone,
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by martinosi: 12:42pm On Mar 10, 2011
chocobunny:

Wow many comments. The answer is simple, I may relocate to Nigeria. I've not met the man i will marry as yet, but in the event he wants to go home, i am willing to go with him. Even if he does not want to move home, I plan on being a professor in the U.S., and I will have summers off to spend in Nigeria as I please. Long story short, you never know what will happen. I would just like to have it done "just in case." I didn't tell my parents yet, but I know my Dad at least would approve. I have spent time without my parents in Nigeria so they know I can survive on my own. I actually prefer my stays in Nigeria when they are not around.

As for "financial position" I will be fine.

O.k where you born and raised in the USA?
ie you did you Primary (Elementary) and Secondary (High)
and University (College) there? and you said you have lived
in Nigeria without your parents? was this on holiday or di
you school in Nigeria?

You to cut to the main point

ARE U OR ARE U NOT LIKE THE GIRL IN THE YOUTUBE VIDEO I POSTED?
which is u were born and raised in the USA and have not lived in Nigeria,

I post the video below to refresh your memory,

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNBbmUFvBw&tracker=False[/flash]

I need to know before i give you my final advise,
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by martinosi: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
hydroking23:

Born, raised and educated in the states and I've been thinking about doing NYSC. My current job hasn't made an issue out of it but for formality sake I think I'll do it.

How many batches are there for the year and when do they start?? Anyone else in here thinking about doing it?? I'd love to touch basis with some peeps in similar shoes cause I'm not too keen on going to camp not knowing anyone,

hmm o.k what Borough did u do your High School in N.Y, and
what ethnic group are your parents from?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by hydroking23(m): 1:05pm On Mar 10, 2011
martinosi:

hmm o.k what Borough did u do your High School in N.Y, and
what ethnic group are your parents from?

Born in Chicago, raised in California and upstate New york (orange county), Graduated from DePaul University in Chicago. Dad is from Rivers State,
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by fstranger3(m): 1:09pm On Mar 10, 2011
Isnt Depaul in Minneapolis?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by hydroking23(m): 1:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
fstranger3:

Isnt Depaul in Minneapolis?

Uhhh not the one I went to, http://www.depaul.edu/.  We're a Division 1 Big East school, great in Liberal Arts & Sciences located Downtown & and on the Northside of Chicago.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 3:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
De Paul is in Chicago Northside beside the red line train. I do see their female soccer team on the field when commuting downtown
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2011
@martinosi nice video reference there. Another breed of social injustice. What she did not mention is those born in america, grew up in nigeria (18+) and went back to america. What would they be called?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by hydroking23(m): 4:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
dayokanu:

De Paul is in Chicago Northside beside the red line train. I do see their female soccer team on the field when commuting downtown

Yeah u exit at the Fullerton stop on the red line. Its good eye candy if you can get a good view of the girls grin grin
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by martinosi: 4:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
dell_net:

@martinosi nice video reference there. Another breed of social injustice. What she did not mention is those born in america, grew up in nigeria (18+) and went back to america. What would they be called?

Hmm interesting one that (Looking at myself) as i kind of fall into that
category.Well i would just call it "Half-Half" lol!!!
It a good spot to be in i suppose as i can understand both sides of the fence
and i can relate to both the American-Nigerians and the Nigerian Immigrants.

It also makes both sides ie the Nigerian American side & Nigerian Immigrant Side
to be bluntly open with me and i think my friendship with
my Nigerian_American friends who never lived in Nigeria is
stronger than before.

Some Nigerian Immigrants when i first meet them
try and play the Superior Card when they detect my accent, but when
i allow them to give me the ear of so called Naija "Custom" and "culture",
and play along with them, then i drop the bomb of them by speaking Pigdin
and then speaking in ibo, then they say ah ah!! so u have lived in Naija, why
did you not tell me!!! and they then drop all the "frontin" & "Superior Posing" and what to be my good friend!!! Then they tell you their inner whahala, and
you know how the story goes lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corps Member In Osun Commmissions Borehole In This Recession Period (see Photos) / Useful N.Y.S.C Terms And Definitions You Should Get Familiar With / Ebonyi State Corpers Batch B 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.