Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,558 members, 7,816,349 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC - NYSC (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC (13662 Views)

Can She Qualify For NYSC Exemption Certificate Or Must She Do NYSC? / Best Companies To Do Nysc With: / Is It Wise To Come Back To Do NYSC? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
obowunmi:

Don't you live in the jungle of Texas ? Carry go joor! ---- no babe wan live for village.

You mean the richest State in the Country? That has produced 2 of the last 4 American presidents?

Chocobunny ma da lohun.

BTW do you know the meaning of his username?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by obowunmi(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2011
dayokanu:

You mean the richest State in the Country? That has produced 2 of the last 4 American presidents?

Chocobunny ma da lohun.

BTW do you know the meaning of his username?

na u sabi.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 5:50am On Mar 12, 2011
obowunmi:

Don't you live in the jungle of Texas ? Carry go joor! ---- no babe wan live for village.

Where in Texas is a Jungle? You find the prettiest 9ja-yankees there.

chocobunny:

ahn ahn the babe is not bad!!
I will only date that girl for her money if she has and her labor i.e. do my laundry, cook etc and she will only stay at home, can't go out with me. If that babe is not bad then are you telling us you are below her?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by yorlah(m): 11:17am On Mar 12, 2011
can you come down to Nigeria,then you w go to NYSC Abuja office nd make enquiries on ur placement.then come wit ur result and any other things you knw u w need. cool
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 4:43pm On Mar 12, 2011
dell_net:

If that babe is not bad then are you telling us you are below her?

I wouldnt compare myself to others on here, it's not nice, as for me, I've been told I'm pretty so, I would put a picture so you can judge for yourself but it's nairaland. Might not be a good idea.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 4:47pm On Mar 12, 2011
You can trust me with your picture honey
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by fstranger3(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2011
chocobunny:

I wouldnt compare myself to others on here, it's not nice, as for me, I've been told I'm pretty so, I would put a picture so you can judge for yourself but it's nairaland. Might not be a good idea.

A lot of people have thier pictures on their profile. it helps put face to the poster and it encourages us even more to be compassionate when such poster errs.

Yes, it is a good idea to post. Or are you the same person as Ishit4body?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 5:34pm On Mar 12, 2011
No she is not.

Ishit4body is Tumfulu based in the UK, Chocobunny is my babe based in my bedroom tongue
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by DerMeister: 5:42pm On Mar 12, 2011
Its not worth the stress! especially for some1 raised in d US, as for fun, it has its unforgetable moments cool
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 7:35pm On Mar 12, 2011
chocobunny:

I don't dispute your morals and humor that is a beauty on its on that I have seen in you. However, physical beauty matters to guys, if you can't post your picture can you tell us your figure and size (both)?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 6:41am On Mar 13, 2011
dell_net:

if you can't post your picture can you tell us your figure and size (both)?

that one is no problem. my figure is 34-27-39. i wear a size 6 U.S. for pants. i think for U.K. that may be 29, 30?? i dont remember. but U.S. size is definitely a 6.

Ill just throw in that i am not yellow. i am dark with very smooth skin. so if you dont like chocolate women, well, youre missing out! tongue Abeg you must stop being naughty tho.

fstranger3:

Or are you the same person as Ishit4body?

what kind of name is that! definitely not.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 6:53am On Mar 13, 2011
How tall are you?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 7:10am On Mar 13, 2011
dayokanu:

How tall are you?

i'm 5'5, 5'9 in heels! hehe wink
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 2:14pm On Mar 13, 2011
chocobunny:

that one is no problem. my figure is 34-27-39. i wear a size 6 U.S. for pants. i think for U.K. that may be 29, 30?? i dont remember. but U.S. size is definitely a 6.

Ill just throw in that i am not yellow. i am dark with very smooth skin. so if you dont like chocolate women, well, youre missing out! tongue Abeg you must stop being naughty tho.

what kind of name is that! definitely not.

I am not being naughty just want to know your juice. What about facial features are you round faced or oval faced? flat nose or pointed nose? big eyes or small eyes? big ears or small ears? pomoo lips or thin lips? long fiber hair or natural long hair of your own? braid or permed? choco skin + light skin will be a good match.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by diigirl: 2:38pm On Mar 13, 2011
You just get your Nigerian passport, your results etc in the originals and head to NYSC Headquarters, Yakubu Gowon House Maitama Abuja and they will tell what next. Meanwhile NYSC has three (3) batches of A, B and C. Batch A is presently in camp. Batch B should come on board probably in July/August. Keep checking the website and goodluck
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 9:06pm On Mar 13, 2011
diigirl:

You just get your Nigerian passport, your results etc in the originals and head to NYSC Headquarters, Yakubu Gowon House Maitama Abuja and they will tell what next. Meanwhile NYSC has three (3) batches of A, B and C. Batch A is presently in camp. Batch B should come on board probably in July/August. Keep checking the website and goodluck

thanks dear!
dell_net:

I am not being naughty just want to know your juice. What about facial features are you round faced or oval faced? flat nose or pointed nose? big eyes or small eyes? big ears or small ears? pomoo lips or thin lips? long fiber hair or natural long hair of your own? braid or permed? choco skin + light skin will be a good match.

in between round and oval. i guess more towards oval. pointed not flat nose. i have big eyes!!! lol. my ears are normal size but pointed at the top. i love them! i dont really like weave (the wig type). i wear braids a lot but otherwise i wear my own hair which is right above my shoulder.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 10:01pm On Mar 13, 2011
bunny lets talk in private you can use this link to connect http://edit.yahoo.com/config/send_webmesg?.target=winterhog999
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by ladyg2(f): 4:25am On Mar 14, 2011
how much is this nysc thing?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dellnet: 1:03pm On Mar 14, 2011
10k a month allowance. don't know now.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by tara2: 8:12pm On Mar 14, 2011
Talk to the Embassy of Nigeria in your location, they should help you find a solution to your problem(s).
This is their JOB.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 8:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
chocobunny:

thanks dear!
in between round and oval. i guess more towards oval. pointed not flat nose. i have big eyes!!! lol. my ears are normal size but pointed at the top. i love them! i dont really like weave (the wig type). i wear braids a lot but otherwise i wear my own hair which is right above my shoulder.

Dont you think a picture would serve better instead of the verbal description
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by lincDzinc(m): 10:24pm On Mar 14, 2011
dell_net:

10k a month allowance. don't know now.
, You are wrong man!!

The Federal Allowance is N 9,775 or N 9,675(if bank commot hundred naira as per charges shocked)
The State Allowance ( varies, it depends on the state u're posted to, starts from say N2,000)
The Local Allowance ( varies too, and some don't even pay at all ),

Below is a sample of the physical drilling in camp, grin

Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by mimi234: 12:10am On Mar 22, 2011
Yayyy someone kinda like me, i want to do this NYSC but i was born in UK, i'm going to read this whole thread,
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by mimi234: 12:43am On Mar 22, 2011
loooooooooooool at the picture above,

, anyways unlike the thread starter i actually have a reason to why i want to serve, I was born and bred (i.e. studied at all levels) in the UK and in the future i do not want to be living in the UK, i really want something new, i've been to 9ja sooo many times but for holidays and i have enjoyed myself, however like they say going on holiday and living somewhere is two different things. Sooooo i want to test the waters and NYSC provides that opportunity, it allows me to stay and work in 9ja for one year to see if i can withstand the living conditions (the cockroaches, rats and lizards are my worse enemy so i wanna see if i can handle them loool),

, anyways yeah if i do my NYSC and decide to stay there not only am i equipped with my degree and stuff to find employment but i would have done the NYSC and most companies in 9ja ask for your NYSC so its not just government-related jobs, anyways if i find i don't particularly want to stay in 9ja all i need to do is hop on a plane back to UK no problem,

The only problem i found is getting a job for NYSC i currently do see some opportunities but its still very hard any advise for that?

Also i'm still kinda deciding whether to do my masters this September i know it good to have but i dunno if i can do any more studying my dissertation for my undergrad is currently killing me slowly no easy o!!!,

On a plus side i can also speak Yoruba however if you heard me you'd probably laugh b'cos my British accent interferes so it sounds very dodgy, nonetheless i really want to do this NYSC, i would like to teach little kids in 9ja a way of giving back to the community , come on people its up to us the future generation to bring Nigeria back up , i think Nigeria has a lot of potential but a lot of us are giving up on it and settling for the west which is a great shame sad

sorry about the long post loool.

edit: ahhh i forgot to say my age i'm between 20-22, female - graduating this year x
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by DisGuy: 3:55am On Mar 22, 2011
You'd have a job (assignment) if you havent arranged one yourself and since you want to give back by teaching NYSC is the best place for that as over 60% of their postings are to school or so local government offices

On a plus side i can also speak Yoruba however if you heard me you'd probably laugh b'cos my British accent interferes so it sounds very dodgy, nonetheless i really want to do this NYSC, i would like to teach little kids in 9ja a way of giving back to the community , come on people its up to us the future generation to bring Nigeria back up , i think Nigeria has a lot of potential but a lot of us are giving up on it and settling for the west which is a great shame

so says someone who's never lived in nigeria that didnt have to worry about unexpected crazy health bills, cultism and extreme levels unemployment and govt apathy

Yipee
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by dayokanu(m): 5:30am On Mar 22, 2011
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 22, 2011
Good thread

When i visited naija last december, i met a friend of mine from europe who was telling me that it's a must to do it if you are below 30,how true is it?
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by fstranger3(m): 7:07am On Mar 22, 2011
jennykadry:

Good thread

When i visited naija last december, i met a friend of mine from europe who was telling me that it's a must to do it if you are below 30,how true is it?

Please come back to that Blazay aka AJ aka Osisi thread

i am loving you.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by mimi234: 9:43am On Mar 22, 2011
Dis Guy:

You'd have a job (assignment) if you havent arranged one yourself and since you want to give back by teaching NYSC is the best place for that as over 60% of their postings are to school or so local government offices

so says someone who's never lived in nigeria that didnt have to worry about unexpected crazy health bills, cultism and extreme levels unemployment and govt apathy

Yipee

I have already admit i am at fault, but you have to remember is wasn't my decision to be born and bred in UK its my parents decision if i had a choice i would have love to go to 9ja for a year when i was in secondary school like my friend but only the naughty children got sent back home , anyways now that i am older and able to decide for myself i would like to do my bit!
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 5:25pm On Mar 22, 2011
mimi234:

anyways unlike the thread starter i actually have a reason to why i want to serve
Sooooo i want to test the waters and NYSC provides that opportunity, it allows me to stay and work in 9ja for one year to see if i can withstand the living conditions (the cockroaches, rats and lizards are my worse enemy so i wanna see if i can handle them loool),

if i do my NYSC and decide to stay there not only am i equipped with my degree and stuff to find employment but i would have done the NYSC and most companies in 9ja ask for your NYSC so its not just government-related jobs

LMAO it is very obvious you didnt read this entire thread, otherwise you wouldnt be saying i have no reasons for wanting to serve, and YET the two reasons you named in your post are among the SEVERAL i have named. very interesting indeed.
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by obowunmi(m): 6:12pm On Mar 22, 2011
choco - choco, my boo kiss kiss
Re: American-born And Raised Nigerians Who Want To Do NYSC by chocobunny(f): 6:41pm On Mar 22, 2011
obowunmi:

choco - choco, my boo kiss kiss

i see you want to derail this thread again. lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corps Member In Osun Commmissions Borehole In This Recession Period (see Photos) / Useful N.Y.S.C Terms And Definitions You Should Get Familiar With / Ebonyi State Corpers Batch B 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.