Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,481 members, 7,826,821 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City (74095 Views)

This Young Man Was Murdered This Night In Ibadan (Graphic Photo) / Two Birds Fought To Death In My Compound Early This Morning, PHOTO / Lady Came To Kill Man Who Dumped Her With Charm In Lagos, Strips Unclad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 5:08pm On Oct 21, 2020
Neddstark:

Endsars movement made them the enemy. If I am police, I won't risk my life for a single citizen till all is normal

True..I agree completely with you.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Farki: 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:

Always be civil when talking to people or responding to comments online or offline.
I don't speak with emotions or bias...I speak with a clear mind devoid of any bias. Comparing Lagos situation with Ibadan is like comparing apples with oranges.

I hope that when your children and/or their friends come into your house or business place and start destroying things, preventing visitors or customers from coming in to see you or do business with you, you will fold your hands and let them continue simply because they are children.

Continue...I know the average Nigerian always sees things from their own perspective and never from the perspective of others!

I will always call a spade a spade and you are truthfully talking ignorantly.

Before the massacre at the tollgate was the violence this bad?

Yes there were attacks on police stations but there were attacks in Ibadan as well.

Now while governor Makinde addressed the people, promising to restore peace while protecting legitimate protesters governor Sanwo - Olu gave conflicting information about curfew times, watched silently as the LCC removed cameras, people were shot in your state you say you don't know what's happening, lie that nobody died there, say you aren't in control of the army but the same army is in Oyo state working with governor Makinde.

From what perspective do you want me to see this from?

The ongoing riots are targeting government establishments because they have lost all confidence in the state's ability to govern.

Is the violence in Oyo this bad?

All this could have been prevented if those people at the tollgate weren't killed.

Two things are at play here either Sanwo - Olu is impotent and can not control things in the state or worse the Lagos State government arranged the slaughter of his own citizens under his direction.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by sammysneh(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:

Oga...this hired thugs alibi you people are brandishing all over the internet has become very stale!
If the anarchists are truly thugs sponsored by the government, is it the same government sent them to burn the Oba of Lagos palace, burn Sanwo-Olu family house, NPA office at Apapa, TVC news building at Ikosi, plus all the police stations, banks and toll gates at Lekki, owned by the same government?

The government is now cutting it's nose to spite it's face??

Tell us something else! Some conspiracies are taken just too far!

The people are fighting back
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 5:10pm On Oct 21, 2020
Nyamuriflathead:

The thugs who attacked Tinubus property's and the oba of Lagos palace are also hired thugs...
Bunch of hypocrites

Please tell them...shout it loud to them!
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by SavageResponse(m): 5:11pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.

So you expect a policeman to come out and risk being attacked by a mob?
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2020
Princedapace:

I knew this would happen. Na why I supported a request to reform the unit. Black race is wicked o and remains the only race that melts heavy brutality on it own citizens. While other races melt wickedness against other races, blacks do theirs against their own fellow blacks.

I fear nights these days. Security men need pity us and return to work. Our politicians are also their problems. They don't care about us or the security men too. The politicians can pull out at anytime.
I dont think so though, north korea is worse, russian mafians, the latino drug lords do so too, it happens anywhere people value power/affluence over humanity.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by kzubyar(m): 5:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
Last night Bedc light went off at 2:00 am as usual in Ikpoba Okha local govt of Edo state where I live. At around 2:30 am I heard a car drive through my street and packed close to my house. I thought it was one of the street neighbors, but I got suspicious when I heard footsteps around the compound.

It turned out that armed robbers came in the car and walked to the window of my neighbor who lives in another flat. Right after I heard sound of hitting and my neighbor's wife shouting. It turned out the armed robbers were breaking down the iron protector on my neighbors kitchen window. They succeeded in removing the iron protector and breaking all the glass ludvass. My neighbor rushed to the kitchen and tried to prevent them from entering inside while wielding a shovel. The wife at the side was shouting to alert people and also throwing things in the kitchen at the armed robbers.

Meanwhile I went to the window to shout and alert the neighbors, when I saw that no one was responding I started thinking if I should go out alone. I decided to go outside and pretend to be vigilante boys by hitting a tray, but right after I heard the sound of gunshot.

Apparently after the three armed robbers saw that they couldn't enter inside the house, one of them started asking, "make I light am, make I light am?" After receiving the go ahead, he shot at my neighbor who fell down from the shock. After shooting, the armed robbers rushed to their car and left where the driver was inside waiting for them and left.

I saw the armed robbers drive off to the major road, how they could drive through a major road when there is supposed to be curfew and roadblocks still baffles me. I hurriedly went to my neighbor to confirm whether he was shot. Luckily the bullet from the gunshot spread, and some of it injured my neighbor's hand. Some minutes later the other neighbors in the compound came out to check.

The following morning the area vigilante corps that we pay money to every month to guard the area came over and told us we should have called them on the phone because they were not nearby to hear the shouting. We told them they never said anything about having a phone number we could call and they gave us their number to call next time.
you set them free
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by magzey: 5:21pm On Oct 21, 2020
too bad if people will go agaisnt the police totally what do you expect? criminals will dance in broad day light. or God of mercy please forgive us undecided undecided

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 5:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
MAY THERE NEVER BE NEXT TIME.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
MAY THERE NEVER BE NEXT TIME
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by authority2006(m): 5:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
Edo state is a red zone for now. Over 2000 criminals forcefully released from the prisons. And citizens don't want to see any police officer
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by raphy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
person wey build that house no think well.
look as they put there iron outside..how dumb can they be.?
just thank God for the second chance u HV to tell the story..
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 5:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
sammysneh:

The people are fighting back

Oh! The narrative has changed from government hired thugs to the people are fighting back!

Continue the disinformation...the truth shall be made plain soon!
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 5:52pm On Oct 21, 2020
Farki:

I will always call a spade a spade and you are truthfully talking ignorantly.

Before the massacre at the tollgate was the violence this bad?

Yes there were attacks on police stations but there were attacks in Ibadan as well.

Now while governor Makinde addressed the people, promising to restore peace while protecting legitimate protesters governor Sanwo - Olu gave conflicting information about curfew times, watched silently as the LCC removed cameras, people were shot in your state you say you don't know what's happening, lie that nobody died there, say you aren't in control of the army but the same army is in Oyo state working with governor Makinde.

From what perspective do you want me to see this from?

The ongoing riots are targeting government establishments because they have lost all confidence in the state's ability to govern.

Is the violence in Oyo this bad?

All this could have been prevented if those people at the tollgate weren't killed.

Two things are at play here either Sanwo - Olu is impotent and can not control things in the state or worse the Lagos State government arranged the slaughter of his own citizens under his direction.

As usual, you skipped the fact that Sanwo-Olu met with the protesters on many occasions at the protest venues at Lekki and Alausa ànd encouraged them to give the government time to work at meeting their demands while asking them to return home meanwhile. What else do you want him to do?
But of course, nothing he ever does will please those who are never on his side.

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by alpharoyalty: 5:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
Please next time don't risk your life by trying to play vigilante o, you could have been shot, also if you start shouting when they did not come to your flat ehn, if they had eventually found their way into your flat, what they would have done to you my brother!!!
I grew up in Benin, ikpoba Hill to be precise, armed robbers always harrass the occupants of houses there, they came to our house like three times. Infact, one of them was the bricklayer who came to work in our house when it was being built. He was later caught when he went to rob in another house.
For the vigilante, they might have slept off during that time or they are aware of it. It might be advisable to change them, they might want to come back sins they already have an idea of how the protector was fixed. Please be very vigilant o, for them to have parked car confidently and take time in breaking the protector without fear. May God protect you
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by lastclaire4(f): 5:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Neddstark:

When was this?

Two or three weeks back.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Cerebralbeing: 6:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.
Please send me their number so I can call each time we have issues too. We stay around Lucky way
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Farki: 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:

As usual, you skipped the fact that Sanwo-Olu met with the protesters on many occasions at the protest venues at Lekki and Alausa ànd encouraged them to give the government time to work at meeting their demands while asking them to return home meanwhile. What else do you want him to do?
But of course, nothing he ever does will please those who are never on his side.

Ok how does that justify shooting people and trying to cover it up?

Or his many conflicting statements?

Any good will he earned has been destroyed by his words and actions both today and yesterday.

The first thing would have been to prevent any violent attacks on the protesters knowing that it would only lead to more violence.

Then say the truth about what is happening, don't be telling us lies or dancing around the truth. You can't tell me he didn't know about the removal of cameras at the tollgates or that nobody died or that he is not privy to the movements of military formations in his state.

The only good thing he has done is to counter the army's fake report that soldiers were not at the tollgates because that one is impossible for them to dispute.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by imagrg(m): 6:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
Repercussions for endsars.

No more safety of lives and properties. The police are watching where this will lead us to.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Earnonline7: 6:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
Oh
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by suskumayaya(m): 6:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
NoPlaceLike:
This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses.

Armed robbers hardly rob wealthy people. It is usually the masses.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by dapaiks: 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2020
Tell you neighbor to put his burglary proof from the inside next time...

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by jaytii(f): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
sammysneh:

Those ones are youths ur tinubu ordered soldiers to kill their friends n loved ones
You give it a different name when it doesn't favour you
Pathetic!
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 6:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
femixx:
[/b]

I read your story but I am much more concerned about the last paragraph. How did you employ vigilantes and you do not have their phone numbers? Is that wise

We thought their job was just to hit something to scare off robbers and to run over when they hear someone screem for help.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Uniquekriss(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
If they could remove the burglary, how was the man able to stop them from entering if the window was that wide, it was just God i think
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
1. Family man when no get tools for protection na small boy and anything u see u take am like that. Try get one legal or illegal for protection. Worse they charge u for illegal firearms possession or go register one English with the authorities. No dey put ur family for idiots hands

2. Those vigilante cannot all just be unavailable na Something is fishy. Either na them be the omila or them clear road for the omimi..
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2020
InvertedHammer:

/
It is fishy that armed robbers drove up and went straight for your neighbour's flat.

/

Armed robbers usually pick their target during the day, find a way to survey the compound and attack at night.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 6:57pm On Oct 21, 2020
Uniquekriss:
If they could remove the burglary, how was the man able to stop them from entering if the window was that wide, it was just God i think

Yes we all think so as well. They removed the protector but did not enter the house.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by lexy2014: 7:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
chinchonglee:
The menance of ENDSARS has jst begun.

It's even now there's supposed to be more security since d state declared curfew in d state capital
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by kareemkamil(m): 7:05pm On Oct 21, 2020
There aren't armyrobber, but sas.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fotupon(m): 7:14pm On Oct 21, 2020
annford:

Why in the World would the burglary-proof of a house be outside and not inside the house?

The house was built in the 80s. All the burglary proof of the down flats is outside the house. Only the ones in the up flat are inside the house. The fact that it was left that way is an oversight on our part. This experience has taught us the importance of having the burglary proof inside the house.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by annford: 7:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:

The house was built in the 80s. All the burglary proof of the down flats is outside the house. Only the ones in the up flat are inside the house. The fact that it was left that way is an oversight on our part. This experience has taught us the importance of having the burglary proof inside the house.

Please secure your apartment because those men of the underworld can be brutal and evil. I only hope they don't come back to attack.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: Policeman Kills Fuel Attendant In Abia (Disturbing Photo) / Naked Woman Sprays Fuel At Customers At A Filling Station In Ikoyi, Causes Chaos / Villagers Attack Fulanis In Numan Adamawa, Kill 45, Injure Others (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.