Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,093 members, 7,828,829 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City - Crime (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City (74106 Views)

This Young Man Was Murdered This Night In Ibadan (Graphic Photo) / Two Birds Fought To Death In My Compound Early This Morning, PHOTO / Lady Came To Kill Man Who Dumped Her With Charm In Lagos, Strips Unclad (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by jericco1(m): 4:20pm On Oct 21, 2020
BlackFlamefromP:
Oh, you thought there was a curfew! When you 'peaceful' protesters were defying the curfew imposed by the government you were expecting armed robbers not defy it, uh!

Nigerians really want to eat their cake and have it! You vandalize and burn down the police station and still expect the police you attacked and render officeless to come and protect you uh!

You released demons and beasts from the prisons where they belong and still expect to sleep peacefully at night uh!

You are very foolish.
Where were you when the police were killing young Nigerians with impunity?
It seems your life is worth nothing.
You're an unfortunate being. angry
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Fostercat(m): 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
Who does a buglery proof from outside? grin
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by SmartPolician: 4:24pm On Oct 21, 2020
chinchonglee:
The menance of ENDSARS has jst begun.

EndSARS has nothing to do with the prison break
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by EndBuhariNow(m): 4:26pm On Oct 21, 2020
Take it as part of the revolution
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Neddstark: 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
lastclaire4:

See with the way we are going, I dont see how this country will be good. When she went to the police to report the matter, they asked her of her address to be added to the patrol at night. After that, she was introduced to an inspector in charge of patrol and he told her to talk to her compound people first and get back to him.

Meaning they have to pay the police to include them in the patrol at night.
When was this?
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by spiralwedge(m): 4:27pm On Oct 21, 2020
Those were ex SARS taking revenge on the citizens. All the armed robbers are same as ex SARS.

But the kitchen window is too big. Kitchen windows should be made small and high.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by chinchonglee(m): 4:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
SmartPolician:

EndSARS has nothing to do with the prison break
Ok
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Sobasojek: 4:30pm On Oct 21, 2020
pretydiva:

How many of Una hail them? Abeg say what you know
Hahaha una never see anything

Well Benin youths like you are brave, so go and get your own weapon to fight back
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by DisLifeSha: 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2020
A good gun is very expensive o

Tonymegabush1:
Time to get weapon for house Don reach.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by EndBuhariNow(m): 4:32pm On Oct 21, 2020
The best way to protect yourself is look for unlicensed AK47 these hoodlum stole from police station and buy it from them... War is coming how prepare u are determined ur surviving chance... I already have two Ak's
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by TOPCRUISE(m): 4:33pm On Oct 21, 2020
Prison break have started haunting Benin people sad
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by sammysneh(m): 4:34pm On Oct 21, 2020
jaytii:

Even the ones destroying Tinubu's supposed assets and private properties?

Those ones are youths ur tinubu ordered soldiers to kill their friends n loved ones
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:36pm On Oct 21, 2020
Well..we warned them last week but they didn't listen...now deal with it!

When #Endsars becomes a full scale civil war like the 3 year Biafra civil war....the following will happen:
- No school for 3 years ( lives are delayed by 3 years)
- No work for 3 years - members of your family die from starvation
- Your mother, sister, wife, daughter raped or kidnapped and used as a sex slave by soldiers/armed men for 3 years with the attendant birth of bastards
- No internet for 3 years - incommunicado to the rest of the world ��� ...our youths lives are dependent on the internet more than any other thing in this age
- Numerous lives lost
- Destruction of your house, possessions and property rendering you homeless and a fugitive..

Let me add...Possible Military Takeover of government which will set Nigeria back to military rule by 21 years

I can go on... Unfortunately, when war starts, you can't say "I no do again"...it will take it's course..lives will be lost, the country will retrogress several years back.

I told you people...una dey form typical Nigerian strong-headedness...I only pray that at this rate, the country is not all consumed..let's see what will be left of it. Two wrongs never make a right..NEVER!

Conclusion: Make Una Borrow Sense, It's Not Expensive!"
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by femixx: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
Last night Bedc light went off at 2:00 am as usual in Ikpoba Okha local govt of Edo state where I live. At around 2:30 am I heard a car drive through my street and packed close to my house. I thought it was one of the street neighbors, but I got suspicious when I heard footsteps around the compound.

It turned out that armed robbers came in the car and walked to the window of my neighbor who lives in another flat. Right after I heard sound of hitting and my neighbor's wife shouting. It turned out the armed robbers were breaking down the iron protector on my neighbors kitchen window. They succeeded in removing the iron protector and breaking all the glass ludvass. My neighbor rushed to the kitchen and tried to prevent them from entering inside while wielding a shovel. The wife at the side was shouting to alert people and also throwing things in the kitchen at the armed robbers.

Meanwhile I went to the window to shout and alert the neighbors, when I saw that no one was responding I started thinking if I should go out alone. I decided to go outside and pretend to be vigilante boys by hitting a tray, but right after I heard the sound of gunshot.

Apparently after the three armed robbers saw that they couldn't enter inside the house, one of them started asking, "make I light am, make I light am?" After receiving the go ahead, he shot at my neighbor who fell down from the shock. After shooting, the armed robbers rushed to their car and left where the driver was inside waiting for them and left.

I saw the armed robbers drive off to the major road, how they could drive through a major road when there is supposed to be curfew and roadblocks still baffles me. I hurriedly went to my neighbor to confirm whether he was shot. Luckily the bullet from the gunshot spread, and some of it injured my neighbor's hand. Some minutes later the other neighbors in the compound came out to check.

The following morning the area vigilante corps that we pay money to every month to guard the area came over and told us we should have called them on the phone because they were not nearby to hear the shouting. We told them they never said anything about having a phone number we could call and they gave us their number to call next time.

I read your story but I am much more concerned about the last paragraph. How did you employ vigilantes and you do not have their phone numbers? Is that wise
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.

What do you expect them to do? Their esteemed and unarmed colleagues, the RRS, were attacked in their vehicle 2 days ago at Yaba, Lagos. I'm sure you saw the video. Do you want them to come out to attend to a distress call and if someone dies, the protesters and their supporters will begin to peddle propaganda and start calling the international community to intervene, like they did last night?
They will not ooo...I will not if I were in their shoes. The protesters and their supporters asked for this kind of situation and they will get in full. E just start!

Two wrongs don't make a right... NEVER!

1 Like

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:44pm On Oct 21, 2020
ifeo:

How can the police work when you people were hailing the thugs destroying police Stations

Please tell them...they ain't seen anything yet! Civilians thinking that they can thrive where there's no law and order or law enforcement... they're in for a nasty surprise!
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fineboynl(m): 4:45pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ategberoson:

my point is not about now, just watch and see. na the helpless citizens I pity most
many of them will leave Benin and run away. because of fear. they won't remain there.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by joelbooks: 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:
Well..we warned them last week but they didn't listen...now deal with it!

When #Endsars becomes a full scale civil war like the 3 year Biafra civil war....the following will happen:
- No school for 3 years ( lives are delayed by 3 years)
- No work for 3 years - members of your family die from starvation
- Your mother, sister, wife, daughter raped or kidnapped and used as a sex slave by soldiers/armed men for 3 years with the attendant birth of bastards
- No internet for 3 years - incommunicado to the rest of the world ��� ...our youths lives are dependent on the internet more than any other thing in this age
- Numerous lives lost
- Destruction of your house, possessions and property rendering you homeless and a fugitive..

Let me add...Possible Military Takeover of government which will set Nigeria back to military rule by 21 years

I can go on... Unfortunately, when war starts, you can't say "I no do again"...it will take it's course..lives will be lost, the country will retrogress several years back.

I told you people...una dey form typical Nigerian strong-headedness...I only pray that at this rate, the country is not all consumed..let's see what will be left of it. Two wrongs never make a right..NEVER!

Conclusion: Make Una Borrow Sense, It's Not Expensive!"
Please open thread to for this
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Farki: 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:

What do you expect them to do? Their esteemed and unarmed colleagues, the RRS, were attacked in their vehicle 2 days ago at Yaba, Lagos. I'm sure you saw the video. Do you want them to come out to attend to a distress call and if someone dies, the protesters and their supporters will begin to peddle propaganda and start calling the international community to intervene, like they did last night?
They will not ooo...I will not if I were in their shoes. The protesters and their supporters asked for this kind of situation and they will get in full. E just start!

Two wrongs don't make a right... NEVER!

Nonsense talk,look at how Governor Makinde handled the situation in Oyo and compare it to the rubbish happening in Lagos.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by LANRYUS(m): 4:46pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.

So that the protesters can kill them bah. You are video of Police stations being burnt and police men killed in jungle justice.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Nobody: 4:47pm On Oct 21, 2020
[s]
fotupon:
The wickedness of black man towards his fellow black man is too much. How can the entire police force decide to go AWOL because people are clamoring for the police to be cleansed of the evil within it.[/s]
when there release criminal you didn't know this is what it will result too abii .....
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
sammysneh:

Hired thugs you should say all the video evidence on the internet is enough to know those thugs are government sponsored

Oga...this hired thugs alibi you people are brandishing all over the internet has become very stale!
If the anarchists are truly thugs sponsored by the government, is it the same government that sent them to burn the Oba of Lagos palace, burn Sanwo-Olu family house, NPA office at Apapa, TVC news building at Ikosi, plus all the police stations, banks and toll gates at Lekki, owned by the same government?

The government is now cutting it's nose to spite it's face??

Tell us something else! Some conspiracies are taken just too far!

2 Likes

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fineboynl(m): 4:49pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ategberoson:

my point is not about now, just watch and see. na the helpless citizens I pity most
also there have never been a time when you called the police on robbery scene when they will arrive in time. they will tell you no fuel or they are coming. but will never come. after every is finished they will come later to pick in innocent people from the crime scene. and we all know it's to extort them. and those who refused to settle they will take them as the suspect to prison.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by fineboynl(m): 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2020
olumide4christ:

Please tell them...they ain't seen anything yet! Civilians thinking that they can thrive where there's no law and order or law enforcement... they're in for a nasty surprise!

also there have never been a time when you called the police on robbery scene when they will arrive in time. they will tell you no fuel or they are coming. but will never come. after every is finished they will come later to pick in innocent people from the crime scene. and we all know it's to extort them. and those who refused to settle they will take them as the suspect to prison.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Spectaclesawe25: 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2020
fotupon:
Last night Bedc light went off at 2:00 am as usual in Ikpoba Okha local govt of Edo state where I live. At around 2:30 am I heard a car drive through my street and packed close to my house. I thought it was one of the street neighbors, but I got suspicious when I heard footsteps around the compound.

It turned out that armed robbers came in the car and walked to the window of my neighbor who lives in another flat. Right after I heard sound of hitting and my neighbor's wife shouting. It turned out the armed robbers were breaking down the iron protector on my neighbors kitchen window. They succeeded in removing the iron protector and breaking all the glass ludvass. My neighbor rushed to the kitchen and tried to prevent them from entering inside while wielding a shovel. The wife at the side was shouting to alert people and also throwing things in the kitchen at the armed robbers.

Meanwhile I went to the window to shout and alert the neighbors, when I saw that no one was responding I started thinking if I should go out alone. I decided to go outside and pretend to be vigilante boys by hitting a tray, but right after I heard the sound of gunshot.

Apparently after the three armed robbers saw that they couldn't enter inside the house, one of them started asking, "make I light am, make I light am?" After receiving the go ahead, he shot at my neighbor who fell down from the shock. After shooting, the armed robbers rushed to their car and left where the driver was inside waiting for them and left.

I saw the armed robbers drive off to the major road, how they could drive through a major road when there is supposed to be curfew and roadblocks still baffles me. I hurriedly went to my neighbor to confirm whether he was shot. Luckily the bullet from the gunshot spread, and some of it injured my neighbor's hand. Some minutes later the other neighbors in the compound came out to check.

The following morning the area vigilante corps that we pay money to every month to guard the area came over and told us we should have called them on the phone because they were not nearby to hear the shouting. We told them they never said anything about having a phone number we could call and they gave us their number to call next time.

Are they armed robbers or the released prisoners taking their turn of flesh on those who exposed them for arrest and the whistle blowers.
No person in Benin should use the term 'armed robbers' it is better to use the term 'Released prisoners'... We are a product of our own leaders... The reason why we are a third world country... You released the devil while trying to save the few Saint and expect to sleep with two eyes closed.
Next news pls!!!
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by uvie66: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
NoPlaceLike:
This is no time for armed robbers to take undue advantage of the poor masses.
are armed robbers normal or do they think rationally ?
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2020
Farki:

Nonsense talk,look at how Governor Makinde handled the situation in Oyo and compare it to the rubbish happening in Lagos.

Always be civil when talking to people or responding to comments online or offline.
I don't speak with emotions or bias...I speak with a clear mind devoid of any bias. Comparing Lagos situation with Ibadan is like comparing apples with oranges.

I hope that when your children and/or their friends come into your house or business place and start destroying things, preventing visitors or customers from coming in to see you or do business with you, you will fold your hands and let them continue simply because they are children.

Continue...I know the average Nigerian always sees things from their own perspective and never from the perspective of others!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by olumide4christ: 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
fineboynl:

Well..I don't know where you are based, but here in Lagos, the RRS have proved responsive and responsible over time in responding to distress calls. That's why we were disappointed when they were attacked by hoodlums/protesters 2 days ago.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 4:58pm On Oct 21, 2020
Sweet anarchy ;DSweet anarchy
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 4:59pm On Oct 21, 2020
Thank God they didn't kill the man.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by uvie66: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
Ategberoson:
Hope you're not part of those cheering those idiots that released prisoners in Edo state?

The protesters came to check how you're doing and y'all were scared? You should accommodate those protesters and give them food

How can you think killing and burning police station won't lead to insecurities? Even if everything come back to normal Edo state and Lagos state will still suffer insecurities because the NPF will still treat their fúck up

You rendered people husband helpless, you killed a family breadwinner and you think you will have peace of mind
oh boy I weakooo..on the one hand people are burning police station, freeing prisoners, and still expect to be safe in their houses.
Re: Armed Robbers Came To My Compound Last Night In Benin City by Angelfrost(m): 5:07pm On Oct 21, 2020
Skankamola:

Even local vigilante too went AWOL, we are on our own now.

That tells you they all work together...

Who doesn't know that increased insecurity in Nigeria has always been with the blessings of Nigeria security operatives.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Lockdown: Policeman Kills Fuel Attendant In Abia (Disturbing Photo) / Naked Woman Sprays Fuel At Customers At A Filling Station In Ikoyi, Causes Chaos / Villagers Attack Fulanis In Numan Adamawa, Kill 45, Injure Others (Graphic Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.