Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,503 members, 7,840,149 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! (13910 Views)

APC Vs PDP Rallies In Rivers: Compare Pictures / 21 Die After PDP Rallies In Gombe, Taraba / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Kobojunkie: 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pro Anti:

, , " 5. Speedily pass the much‐delayed Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) and ensure that local content issues are fully addressed;" source: CPC- Our commitment to Nigeria

The above is a simple statement. What does he think about it?

Does ensuring speedy passage of a bill that was drafted during the tenure of a bad PDP government not amounting to accepting that the PDP government was heading in the right direction by intoducing the bill?

Will this remain in the manifesto if the current bill is passed before the election? [size=5pt]I doubt this though[/size]

Not necessarily! Unless you also want the next government to overturn every single bill out there drafted and passed during PDP rule as well.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by ProAnti: 11:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Not necessarily! Unless you also want the next government to overturn every single bill out there drafted and passed during PDP rule as well.

True.

My worry is that Buhari hasn't said anything new.

The so-called manifesto is loaded with good-to-haves and bereft of how-to.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Ericology(m): 11:20pm On Mar 11, 2011
chino11:

I think the northern folks are wasting their time and energy on Buhari.  Buhari is a failed project. The north has ruled for more than 35yrs with little or nothing to show for it. The north has remained the poorest region Nigeria.

Forbes declared Dangote a rich man but he has not committed a kobo to fight polio that is ravaging his home state of Kano and the rest of the north. We in the SE/SS does not want anything north anymore whether Buhari or anybody from the north. We are tired of their almajiri style of governance.

They have wasted Nigerian wealth for nearly 4 decades. GEJ has already won. Ka Chineke mezie okwu, dalu kwanu.

My brother, its really strange. GEJ has failed everybody, believe me 90% of all the Southerners including me who want him there beyond may 2011 are just being sentimental, Most of us are just voting him cuz the North has had a grip on power as if its a birthright, but for GEJ being a quality candidate, fa fa fa foulllllll
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Kobojunkie: 11:22pm On Mar 11, 2011
Pro Anti:

True.

My worry is that Buhari hasn't said anything new.

The so-called manifesto is loaded with good-to-haves and bereft of how-to.

what How-to's ?? Can you be more detailed?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by AbuMaryam1(m): 11:29pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ericology:

My brother, its really strange. GEJ has failed everybody, believe me 90% of all the Southerners including me who want him there beyond may 2011 are just being sentimental, Most of us are just voting him cuz the North has had a grip on power as if its a birthright, but for GEJ being a quality candidate, fa fa fa foulllllll
GBAM
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Ericology(m): 11:31pm On Mar 11, 2011
squino:

WORDS ON MARBLE
"Let me tell you the truth by spirit of God, neither (president Olusegun Obasanjo) OBJ, Atiku (Abubakar), IBB and this tall one, (Muhammadu) Buhari are part of the new. They are all part of the old that is decaying. That old one is passing away. The new one is emerging and these ones are not part of the new".
           -Pastor Tunde Bakare in the PUNCH of monday, October 2, 2006 page 8.

[b][/b]SO, WHAT IS HE DOING NOW WITH AN "OLD" AND "DECAYING" MAN?

vote wisely, and not for the confused.

I also believed that the new one wld be better but after watching him and his wife for months acting as clueless as a deluded man, I ve been disappointed
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 11:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
It is not a sign of any enlightenment for a good candidate.

It is simply people of the North backing a northern for president.

If PDP had picked a Northern/Muslim presidential candidate they would have supported that man would they not?

Its like people making a song and dance over the stampedes which took place at the PDP rally in Port Harcourt, what did you expect?

It is what it is, and I suspect that its nothing more than the usual thing of "my area", "my tribe member", "my religion".

When they troop out for Ribadu , then I can see there is some enlightenment,  because that would be mostly based on his track record.

I highly doubt these people have given much thought to and track record, manifesto or political ideology of Buhari, or the party he represents.

I doubt even 10% of voters are doing so with any candidate.

GEJ, needs to take a look at Buhari's manifesto.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by ProAnti: 11:40pm On Mar 11, 2011
Kobojunkie:

what How-to's ?? Can you be more detailed?

I need to know their level of understanding of the enormity of the task at hand. I want to be sure they know what the problems are, the factors preventing the implementation of the existing plans, the resource requirements in meeting their targets and the specific target dates they've set for themselves

For instance, the following are stated in their health plans:

"2. Increase the number of physicians from 19 per 1000 population to 50 per 1000; increase national health expenditure per person per
annum to about N50,000 (from less than N10,000 currently);
3. Increase the quality of all federal government owned hospitals to world class standard by 2015;
"

How are they sure 50 per 1000 is what is needed?
How would they train doctors to meet this target, given the length of time needed for medical training?
Would they build more medical schools?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Kobojunkie: 11:46pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^ Can you please post your question here?

http://buhari4change.com/?page_id=140
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by naijaking1: 11:52pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ericology:

Thank you!
The galvanization of northerners right from the time Yardua was found to be too ill to continue his job as a president as a way of denying a southerner an opportunity at the seat, to the present Adamu Ciroma gang-up against GEJ simply works to motivate "lazy and carefree" southners like myself into supporting an otherwise 'inept' GEJ.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by honeric01(m): 12:00am On Mar 12, 2011
Pro Anti:

And I ask again:

What is Buhari's stance on the PIB and true federalism?

I'm really not comfortable with this mass drift.

On Conflict Resolution, National Unity and Social Harmony

we will:

1. Establish a Conflict Resolution Commission to help prevent, mitigate and resolve civil conflicts within the polity;
  2. Bring permanent peace and solution to the Niger Delta and other conflict prone areas such as Plateau, Taraba, Bauchi, Borno and Abia in order to engender national unity and social harmony;
  3. Initiate policies to ensure that Nigerians are free to live and work in any part of the country by removing state of origin, tribe, ethnic and religious affiliations and replace those with state of residence.

On Politics and Governance

CPC believes that our politics is broken. Our nation urgently needs fundamental political reform and improvement in governance to make it more transparent and accountable. If you elect us in April, we will:

1.[size=14pt] Initiate action to amend our Constitution with a view to devolving powers, duties and responsibilities to states and local governments in order to entrench Federalism and the Federal spirit;
[/size]
2. Strengthen INEC to reduce/eliminate electoral malpractices;

3. Attract the best and brightest into our politics and public service by aggressive recruitment of private sector people, academics and professionals within Nigeria and in the Diaspora through internships, fellowships, executive appointments and special nomination to contest elective offices;

4. Prevent abuse of executive, legislative and public offices through greater accountability, transparency and strict enforcement of anti-corruption laws whilst strengthening the EFCC and ICPC;

5. Amend the Constitution to remove immunity from prosecution for elected officers in criminal cases;

6. Restructure government for a leaner, more efficient and adequately compensated public service;

7. Require full disclosure in all media outlets of all government contracts over N100m prior to award and during implementation at regular intervals;

8. Reform and Strengthen the Justice System for efficient administration and dispensation of justice along with the creation of special courts for accelerated hearing of corruption, drug trafficking, terrorism and similar cases of national importance;

9. Enact the Freedom of Information Bill so that government held data sets can be requested and used by the public, and then published on regular basis;

10. Seek to amend the Constitution to require local governments to publish their meeting minutes, service performance data and items of spending over N10M
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by honeric01(m): 12:02am On Mar 12, 2011
naijaking1:

Thank you!
The galvanization of northerners right from the time Yardua was found to be too ill to continue his job as a president as a way of denying a southerner an opportunity at the seat, to the present Adamu Ciroma gang-up against GEJ simply works to motivate "lazy and carefree" southners like myself into supporting an otherwise 'inept' GEJ.

Adamu Ciroma represent the northern people in PDP not the whole northern Nigeria, so stop mixing up things.

I thought it was even Aodoanka or what is he called that actually was against GEJ taking over or have you forgotten? is Aondoaka from the north too? undecided
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by naijaking1: 12:07am On Mar 12, 2011
honeric01:

Adamu Ciroma represent the northern people in PDP not the whole northern Nigeria, so stop mixing up things.

I thought it was even Aodoanka or what is he called that actually was against GEJ taking over or have you forgotten? is Aondoaka from the north too? undecided

Maybe you haven't been reading your own news about retired northern military general meeting to map out plans to stop GEJ under Ciroma's organization. Ciroma pushed for a northerner in PDP nomination, he lost, and since then resorted to campaigning for a northerner any northerner to sit in Aso Rock instead of GEJ.
Get your facts straight first before opening your dirty mouth angry
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by leonaidas(m): 12:11am On Mar 12, 2011
As much as i wld like to see buhari become president, i am begining to fear for his life,cos lets face it, he has become larger than life and therefore a threat to pdp's ''do or die'' style of politics. I hope they wont make an attempt on his life cos dat will spell doom for us as a nation, BB all d way!
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 12:30am On Mar 12, 2011
Buhari aside, he comes with a vice too.

What do people know about pastor Bakare?

Does any one know the Southern states this campaign trail has also gone to?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Nobody: 12:35am On Mar 12, 2011
Things are promising but we must not get complacent and we need to do all we can to ensure Buhari gets the keys to Aso Rock after the election.

Please email every Nigerian that you know and let them know about Buhari
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by naijaking1: 12:50am On Mar 12, 2011
GenBuhari:

Things are promising but we must not get complacent and we need to do all we can to ensure Buhari gets the keys to Aso Rock after the election.

Please email every Nigerian that you know and let them know about Buhari

Dude, the Nigerians who don't know Buhari are those who were not born when he was terrorizing Nigerians with his war against indiscipline with which he selectively punished enemies and spared his friends. People should read about Buhari and his tenure at the head of the supreme military council.

His campaign sound bites sound good, but they're nothing more promises made to a LovePeddler so that she could let you do your thing shocked
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by honeric01(m): 1:04am On Mar 12, 2011
naijaking1:

Maybe you haven't been reading your own news about retired northern military general meeting to map out plans to stop GEJ under Ciroma's organization. Ciroma pushed for a northerner in PDP nomination, he lost, and since then resorted to campaigning for a northerner any northerner  to sit in Aso Rock instead of GEJ.
Get your facts straight first before opening your dirty mouth angry

What are you saying for God's sake? is Ciroma representing Ribadu, Buhari, Shekarahu or the rest of the northern people who are in no way supporting PDP?

Ciroma campaigning for any northerner to sit in Aso rock? who are the northerners he's been campaigning for? Buhari, Ribadu or Shekarahu? who among these?

BTW, have you seen my mouth before? how did you end up calling my mouth you haven't seen in your life before a dirty mouth?

You need to learn how to behave in a civil manner, hence i am going to recommend you for a ban.

Thank you.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Nobody: 1:33am On Mar 12, 2011
Only indisciplined /corrupt people would have felt terrorized by the Buhari's "war against Indiscipline / corruption"

What proof do u have that he selectively punished his enemies (are u sure u are not getting him confused with OBJ )
Buhari punished every politician and imprisoned everybody until /or unless they were proven innocent.
naijaking1:

Dude, the Nigerians who don't know Buhari are those who were not born when he was terrorizing Nigerians with his war against indiscipline with which he selectively punished enemies and spared his friends. People should read about Buhari and his tenure at the head of the supreme military council.

His campaign sound bites sound good, but they're nothing more promises made to a LovePeddler so that she could let you do your thing shocked
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by ziccoit: 1:41am On Mar 12, 2011
londoner:

If PDP had picked a Northern/Muslim presidential candidate they would have supported that man would they not?

Its like people making a song and dance over the stampedes which took place at the PDP rally in Port Harcourt, what did you expect?

It is what it is, and I suspect that its nothing more than the usual thing of "my area", "my tribe member", "my religion".

When they troop out for Ribadu , then I can see there is some enlightenment,  because that would be mostly based on his track record.

I highly doubt these people have given much thought to and track record, manifesto or political ideology of Buhari, or the party he represents.

OBJ a southern christian contested with this man and there was nothing like "SAI BUHARI" at PDP rally then. Even OBJ was popularly dubbed a muslim because of a love for the man. The events of today are the reflections of yesterday's happenings. PDP/GEJ was applauded and strongly supported by us all when he emerged as the president from the claw of cabals.

Sloppiness and lack of directions finally killed him and confirmed that a PDP could never bring the best for Nigerians.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 1:52am On Mar 12, 2011
ziccoit:

OBJ a southern christian contested with this man and there was nothing like "SAI BUHARI" at PDP rally then. Even OBJ was popularly dubbed a muslim because of a love for the man. The events of today are the reflections of yesterday's happenings. PDP/GEJ was applauded and strongly supported by us all when he emerged as the president from the claw of cabals.

Sloppiness and lack of directions finally killed him and confirmed that a PDP could never bring the best for Nigerians.

IMO, it is simply because people feel disgruntled about the departure from the power rotation.

I doubt this has anything to do with Northerners seeing GEJ as sloppy. I think they feel they have been cheated in the new PDP arrangement.

If PDP had picked a Northern candidate people from the North would have gathered around him, it is more to do with a real chance that GEJ may actually win. the same goes for people who are shouting GEJ. It is sentiment based not issue or idealogical in nature.

At then end of the day, it is their vote, even if they want to vote for religious/tribal reasons it is theirs to use as they wish.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by honeric01(m): 2:02am On Mar 12, 2011
londoner:

IMO, it is simply because people feel disgruntled about the departure from the power rotation.

I doubt this has anything to do with Northerners seeing GEJ as sloppy. I think they feel they have been cheated in the new PDP arrangement.

If PDP had picked a Northern candidate people from the North would have gathered around him, it is more to do with a real chance that GEJ may actually win. the same goes for people who are shouting GEJ. It is sentiment based not issue or idealogical in nature.

At then end of the day, it is their vote, even if they want to vote for religious/tribal reasons it is theirs to use as they wish.

I was once a GEJ supporter, fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, i started seeing negative stuffs around him, no one told me to look elsewhere, i searched through the rest contenders, discovered that Buhari's got the best chances of saving this country from the hands of the few wicked elites.

I am not a party man, i support personalty and not the party, i am not from the north either, i am voting for Fashola and Buhari, does that make me a northerner too?

Tell me plans GEJ has for Nigeria and Nigerians that is different from what his mentors in the PDP have fed us with for the past 12 years.

A leader thinks before he talks, GEJ talks before he thinks. (that is a no no for someone who wants to rule Nigeria)
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 2:22am On Mar 12, 2011
@Noneric, I don't support GEJ either, as long as he is in PDP, not much good can come of it, even if some good can come.

The issue as to why the crowds reacted as they did/are I suspect has nothing to do with leadership qualities or lack there of.

The same way that many people will vote for GEJ simply because he is a Southerner or a non-Norther or even just because he is Ijaw/oil producing community.

Is it any wonder that such a man when campaigning in Port Harcourt (oil producing state) caused a stampede, i'm sure they were shouting for him too?

I dont remember saying that anyone who votes for Buhari will be a Northerner after all he has a well known christian pastor vice on his ticket. So please resist putting words into my mouth.

I have said this here before, I would like Ribadu to emerge, is he not Muslim from the north.

Lets face the truth about where the Nigerian electorate is in 2011, they are more united by factors other than actual issues/manifesto.

How many of that crowd do you think have actually read Buhari's manifesto? Or listened to his speeches ? How many there look old enough to have lived under his leadership?

Maybe they have, but if not what then may their support be based on instead?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by honeric01(m): 3:21am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^

I am only responsible to my only vote, i am voting because i love BB's manifesto, we have seen alot of people who wants to vote for GEJ, BUHARI or even RIBADU not because of what these people have for them but based on religious and ethnic reasons.

Like i said, i can only tell you why I HONERIC01 is voting for BB, it's because of the plans he's got for this country, the way it was laid out and his past achievements and stands on various important issues.

Vote for who you truly believe can stand toe to toe against the problems of Nigeria with no past or present skeleton in his cupboard.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by naijaking1: 3:22am On Mar 12, 2011
honeric01:

What are you saying for God's sake? is Ciroma representing Ribadu, Buhari, Shekarahu or the rest of the northern people who are in no way supporting PDP?

Ciroma campaigning for any northerner to sit in Aso rock? who are the northerners he's been campaigning for? Buhari, Ribadu or Shekarahu? who among these?

BTW, have you seen my mouth before? how did you end up calling my mouth you haven't seen in your life before a dirty mouth?

You need to learn how to behave in a civil manner, hence i am going to recommend you for a ban.
Thank you.

Now I'm shaking in my pants.
You realy never heard how Ciroma is organizing retired northern generals against GEJ?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Basics007: 3:34am On Mar 12, 2011
londoner:

When they troop out for Ribadu , then I can see there is some enlightenment,  because that would be mostly based on his track record.

Thanks for this. It`s been on my mind since i started readin the thread. I dont want us to fooled by what this crowd stands for. They are not shoutin sai Buhari cos they like his policies,it`s simply a case of GEJ is not a northerner so i wont vote for him!!!! Unfortunately this tribalistic thinking is what we need like  we need a hole in the head in Nigeria presentely. GEJ doesnt inspire mmuch confidence with the kind of people he surrounds himself with and the kind of looting goin on right under his nose without him intervening so he doesnt get my vote but i really wish the opposition to his candidature in the north is because of who he his and not for where he comes from
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 3:41am On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 3:53am On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by 9ijaMan: 4:11am On Mar 12, 2011
londoner:

@Noneric, I don't support GEJ either, as long as he is in PDP, not much good can come of it, even if some good can come.

The issue as to why the crowds reacted as they did/are I suspect has nothing to do with leadership qualities or lack there of.

The same way that many people will vote for GEJ simply because he is a Southerner or a non-Norther or even just because he is Ijaw/oil producing community.

Is it any wonder that such a man when campaigning in Port Harcourt (oil producing state) caused a stampede, i'm sure they were shouting for him too?

I dont remember saying that anyone who votes for Buhari will be a Northerner after all he has a well known christian pastor vice on his ticket. So please resist putting words into my mouth.

I have said this here before, I would like Ribadu to emerge, is he not Muslim from the north.

Lets face the truth about where the Nigerian electorate is in 2011, they are more united by factors other than actual issues/manifesto.

How many of that crowd do you think have actually read Buhari's manifesto? Or listened to his speeches ? How many there look old enough to have lived under his leadership?

Maybe they have, but if not what then may their support be based on instead?

Do not mix issues and make them sound like the truth. The question you should be asking is: Why was the report on the finding about the PH stampede during GEJ's campaign never made public?
Having lived in PH for about 6 years I still have friends and family members there. A couple of my ND friends there confirmed the news that have been going around that all the exits to the venue of the campaign rally were locked down to prevent people from living before the end of the event. If you recall the rally was held shortly after the Kaduna rally where GEJ was practically left standing alone on the podium as the crowd dispersed after their respective state candidates had been introduced.

To forestall a similar occurrence in PH, the GEJ campaign team locked all exits making it difficult for people to leave the venue. A trigger happy security attache to the president shot some rounds into the air to scare the crowd away from the exits and the ensuing confusion led to the stampede.

The stampede was not as a result of GEJ being liked or attracting the crowd.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by deols(f): 4:41am On Mar 12, 2011
9ijaMan:

Do not mix issues and make them sound like the truth. The question you should be asking is: Why was the report on the finding about the PH stampede during GEJ's campaign never made public?
Having lived in PH for about 6 years I still have friends and family members there. A couple of my ND friends there confirmed the news that have been going around that all the exits to the venue of the campaign rally were locked down to prevent people from living before the end of the event. If you recall the rally was held shortly after the Kaduna rally where GEJ was practically left standing alone on the podium as the crowd dispersed after their respective state candidates had been introduced.

To forestall a similar occurrence in PH, the GEJ campaign team locked all exits making it difficult for people to leave the venue. A trigger happy security attache to the president shot some rounds into the air to scare the crowd away from the exits and the ensuing confusion led to the stampede.

The stampede was not as a result of GEJ being liked or attracting the crowd.

this is disturbing.Shows how d GEJ of a man wld keep using his power against the masses if voted in.

londoner:

I see some hypocrisy here. If they troop out for Buhari, it is because he is northerner and Muslim but if they troop out for Ribadu, it is because of his track records?
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On Mar 12, 2011
^^^^^I saw that too oo. Was wondering how people could be quick to jump to such conclusion only from the pictures.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Danfaga(m): 4:57am On Mar 12, 2011
OOH! Ya Allah! Ya Allah!! By the grace and the will of Almighty Allah, Buhari will be our president 2011. That was an excellent turn up in Gombe state. Sai Buhari/Bakare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Charles Okah Prison Letters. / FEC Holds Valedictory Session For Ocholi / Evance Ivwurie Lauds Buhari’s Policies To Savage Nigerian Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.