Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,774 members, 7,837,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! (13906 Views)

APC Vs PDP Rallies In Rivers: Compare Pictures / 21 Die After PDP Rallies In Gombe, Taraba / Patience Jonathan's Alleged Campaign Speech At PDP Rally In Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Udevex: 6:05am On Mar 12, 2011
Almajiri's will always pop out in vast numbers for Buhari. They did it in past elections, so nothing new about the phenomenon. Sadly, it is either they don't vote or they get carried away by any offers made to assuage their pangs of hunger.

The reason the almajiri's have come out like locusts for Buhari is the same old reason they riot at the drop of a pin. Their Imams have incited them and all sorts of truly ugly text messages are going around the North, urging people to vote for Islam, telling them GEJ is anti-Islam and a Zionist etc

Those crowds are the face of plain old bigotry. In the South, Buhari has been able to pull crowds in the tens only; very few among the younger generation of Southerners can even put a face to his name. Why his campaigners choose to ignore this and do their jobs on the internet that most voting Nigerians have no access to, is the mystery of 2011.

Buhari's campaigns have almost all been in the North, almost like the South does not matter. Here is his Owerri rally, a motley crowd and a boring, dejected affair (the PH one was even worse, but the pics seem to have been pulled off his campaign website).

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by ziccoit: 7:29am On Mar 12, 2011
The only reason I am voting against PDP is because the party has failed the Nigerians. I am a strong supporter ,though not participating in the party's activities, since 2003. I have always been a PDP apologist until when JEG came and I jumped to the ceiling the messiah has arrived.

In no time the man started fumbling with the future of Nigerians. That was when it became clear that PDP and anything it stood for would always be a big failure.

I picked BB because of the superb combination. Nigeria had never had it good. This is why I have started a strong campaign in my area against PDP and for BB. This should not be allowed to slip away. This is very difficult to come by.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by marcus1234: 10:04am On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Nobody: 10:11am On Mar 12, 2011
MY FELLOW NIGERIANS,

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THE BUHARI TICKET, WITH THE INCONSISTENT BAKARE HIMSELF?

THE TRUTH IS, WHETHER IT'S A GOODLUCK OR A BUHARI THAT WINS THE ELECTION, THEY CANNOT TRANSFORM THIS NATION IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS. THE ISSUES IN THE NATION NEED AT LEAST 10 YEARS TO BE PROPERLY RE-ARRANGED AND SET IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

BUHARI CANNOT DO IT ONE YEAR, NEITHER CAN GEJ; OR ANY OTHER PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT.

I LOVE GEJ. THE GUY HAS TRIED. I WILL VOTE FOR HIM. YOU GO AHEAD AND VOTE FOR BUHARI. IF HE WINS, COOL. BUT IF GEJ WINS, WE WILL MOVE FORWARD, EVEN IF WE HAVE TO CRAWL.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by 9ijaMan: 10:20am On Mar 12, 2011
obongproff:

MY FELLOW NIGERIANS,

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT THE BUHARI TICKET, WITH THE INCONSISTENT BAKARE HIMSELF?

THE TRUTH IS, WHETHER IT'S A GOODLUCK OR A BUHARI THAT WINS THE ELECTION, THEY CANNOT TRANSFORM THIS NATION IN LESS THAN 4 YEARS. THE ISSUES IN THE NATION NEED AT LEAST 10 YEARS TO BE PROPERLY RE-ARRANGED AND SET IN THE RIGHT PLACES.

BUHARI CANNOT DO IT ONE YEAR, NEITHER CAN GEJ; OR ANY OTHER PRESIDENTIAL ASPIRANT.

I LOVE GEJ. THE GUY HAS TRIED. I WILL VOTE FOR HIM. YOU GO AHEAD AND VOTE FOR BUHARI. IF HE WINS, COOL. BUT IF GEJ WINS, WE WILL MOVE FORWARD, EVEN IF WE HAVE TO CRAWL.
Good points you raised. The only problem with a GEJ led government is that we will not even be anywhere near crawling forward but heading backwards at lightning speed.
Cast your vote wisely, the 12 years of PDP led government has done more damage to our national psych than any previous administration.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 10:57am On Mar 12, 2011
@deols, yes, this crowd I believe have trooped out because they are upset about the whole sidestepping of the rotation to the North by the PDP, that may be why they chose to attend a PDP rally to make their dissatisfaction known.

It is no surprise that in the heart of the North, people troop out for Buhari? Is it any surprise that when he visited the south, no such crowd was pulled?

I am not saying that some of these supporters have an idea of Buhari's manifesto or track record those many years ago, but I highly doubt it.

This is still Nigeria we are talking about.

Anyone who mentions Ribadu as their choice, quickly mentions his track record in fighting corruption.

Their support seems to be issue based and actually because of what he did or attempted to do while at the helm of EFCC.

The same way that if Fashola was a candidate, people would be citing his achievements while he held the office of governor. Both men are muslim, but they tend to appeal to a different part of the brain where Nigerian electorate are concerned.

@9ija man, I dont dispute what you have said, but I'm sure you are not trying to say that those crowds were forced to attend? Or is that what you are saying?

I believe that most people in the south, like the north turn up to these rallies and support a candidate based on sentiment, not issues. People who are willing GEJ to win this election are not doing so because they even know what he stands for, or because he shows himself to be anything new or improved.

I dont believe for one minute that GEJ is not seen by most of his "supporters"  as simply the only non-northerner/muslim option. That and not manisfesto or track record probably had more to do with those 250,000 people turning up at PH rally.

I think we have to admit that the same old isms are still at play in most Nigerians as we approach this election.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by londoner: 11:04am On Mar 12, 2011
@honeric, you have obviously considered where to case your vote based on the issues, which is how it should be because its not actually about where you finally decide to cast your vote, its all about how you come to that decision imo.

You have an idea of both manifestos. My point was whether the crowd are showing up due to informed support.

I for one doubt it.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by jposuagwu: 11:08am On Mar 12, 2011
If Buhari does not win the April election, I will go on exile but God forbid! I cant contend with Jonathan who has completely killed the fight against corruption He has compromised on all fronts and sold our future even before winning the election. Enough of PDP, enough of Corruption, enough of deceit, enough of all negativity associated with PDP.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Nobody: 11:35am On Mar 12, 2011
If nigerians are so ignorant, not to vote in Buhari in a free and fair elections then, it could be blame on lack of education. angry

All Buhari supporters should make it their mission to enlighten people around them and ensure that they vote for Buhari.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by vasa: 12:00pm On Mar 12, 2011
Any Nigerian WHO support Buhari to win is emermy of democracy.
This is same man who denied Nigeria democracy as military is talking
about democracy What does know about?

GEJ to me is not What folk think he is, i do believe if he actually wanna
ve 4yrs he Will deal with most problems we ve at hand.

Ribadau would b ve been the best choice but he starter at wrong side of it.

Let Negerians wakeup from slumber revolution is the answer
so that all these old blood Will be deleted permanently and kill
Money politic so that we can move forward
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by PraireLady: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2011
I am so elated , so impressed. The Nigerian people, our votes and our voices will count for once, Sai Buhari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by alexleo(m): 1:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
This is just a height of foolishness. If muslims in Gombe state Shouts sai Buhari does that translate to Nigeria shouting Sai Buhari? If Buhari comes to the south-south or south east, our people will still shout "Jonathan ebeano". So whats all these buhari silly noise? All you Jonathan haters should please save us your silly noise. Jonathan has tried and he is trying even more. The extent he has provided a level playing field for the forthcoming election is a thumb up for him alone. Weather you people believe it or not. JONATHAN IS DOING GREAT. He is not the "Mesaiah" but the structures he is puting on grounds now for democracy to work is what our past leaders has denied us and that what is needed for the "messaiah to emerge in future elections. If not, this country will continue to produce criminals as leaders through of course the old usual criminal electioneering process which we are used to. Lets allow this man to complete the process and leave all these useless bashing here.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by alexleo(m): 1:22pm On Mar 12, 2011
PraireLady:

I am so elated , so impressed. The Nigerian people, our votes and our voices will count for once, Sai Buhari!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

And who do you think is the man that has made it possible for your vote to count this time around? JONATHAN of course. You people are so blind that you dont even see where God is sending help from or whom he is using to put the right structures. If its Buhari that is going to make your vote count, why didnt he do it all these years he contested? Pls give kudos to our JONATHAN an stop making noise.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by abubaka(m): 2:04pm On Mar 12, 2011
@u dey vex,

LOL!!! this time around we dont need ur votes in the soth east.Afteall how many voters do u even registered this time around

u re fooling yourself, BB doesnt need any alliance wit any party to win this election.

For ur info,INEC is already preparing for re-run elction cos they kno GEJ can never win 2/3 of the votes required for any candidate to win the election outrightly.

"i dey laff"
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Antiscam1: 2:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
I still stand on my point.If ACN & CPC refused to form alliance PDP will still win come april!
dis is not because i'm a pdp supporter but because dis is d truth!
HERE IS MY POINT:
Nigerian(d People) are so jobless such dat every one has become a politician,therefore d percentage of politician to electorate
is 80% to 20%.(dis is d aftermath of poverty) coupled with d fact dat politics d highest paying job(as a follower politician u can earner
#50k per month)as ordinary P.A to a councillor=#150k,as a thug/street urchin u're sure of daily pocket money & three square meal e.g Saraki House,Tinubu boys,Chris Uba followers
,IBB machineries,late Adedibu machineries,Edwin clark handguns ETC(d list is endless).

Now,with dis high % of politicians to electorate,PDP is able to boost of largest % because of its structure & money.Always REMEMBER
dat dis politicians are all businessmen and dis is their XMAS period, dere4 dey go with d highest BIDDER.THE ONLY counter balance
to dis ugly TREND is a merger of ACN/CPC.,Anything short of dat ,we shall all b a living witness to:
PDP=victory
ACN=We were robbed
CPC=it is time for war as in cotedvoire
INEC=Go to tribunal if u are not happy wit d result
TRIBUNAL=Criminal judges will never upturn a presidential election,except he/she does not want to overtake Dangote on FORBES LIST!
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by 9ijaMan: 2:24pm On Mar 12, 2011
londoner:

@deols, yes, this crowd I believe have trooped out because they are upset about the whole sidestepping of the rotation to the North by the PDP, that may be why they chose to attend a PDP rally to make their dissatisfaction known.

It is no surprise that in the heart of the North, people troop out for Buhari? Is it any surprise that when he visited the south, no such crowd was pulled?

I am not saying that some of these supporters have an idea of Buhari's manifesto or track record those many years ago, but I highly doubt it.

This is still Nigeria we are talking about.

Anyone who mentions Ribadu as their choice, quickly mentions his track record in fighting corruption.

Their support seems to be issue based and actually because of what he did or attempted to do while at the helm of EFCC.

The same way that if Fashola was a candidate, people would be citing his achievements while he held the office of governor. Both men are muslim, but they tend to appeal to a different part of the brain where Nigerian electorate are concerned.

@9ija man, I dont dispute what you have said, but I'm sure you are not trying to say that those crowds were forced to attend? Or is that what you are saying?

I believe that most people in the south, like the north turn up to these rallies and support a candidate based on sentiment, not issues. People who are willing GEJ to win this election are not doing so because they even know what he stands for, or because he shows himself to be anything new or improved.

I dont believe for one minute that GEJ is not seen by most of his "supporters"  as simply the only non-northerner/muslim option. That and not manisfesto or track record probably had more to do with those 250,000 people turning up at PH rally.

I think we have to admit that the same old isms are still at play in most Nigerians as we approach this election.
I did not say that the crowd was rented, even though they may have been rented. The GEJ/PDP rallies in Kaduna & PH were zonal rallies where the candidates for all the elective posts were supposed to be presented. The crowd were no just from a single state but from all the states in the particular zone. In PH GEJ's security attaches prevented the crowd from dispersing when the people wanted to leave b4 it got to GEJ's turn to speak. That was the real cause of the stampede.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Wadeoye(m): 2:45pm On Mar 12, 2011
Alliance or no alliance CPC will win, in south west, Buhari will lead other contestants with millions of vote. Wait and see - no be one man one vote?

Buhari convoy in Borno,

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Wadeoye(m): 2:47pm On Mar 12, 2011
Emir Palace - Mobi in Borno

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Wadeoye(m): 2:51pm On Mar 12, 2011
Emir Palace - Biu in Borno.

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Wadeoye(m): 2:54pm On Mar 12, 2011
Yobe state

Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by friedrice1: 3:35pm On Mar 12, 2011
99% of people who attend PDP rallies go there for the money they would get at the end of the day.
let the truth be told. it is the current business craze in the SS and SE
They organize themselves in groups and readily advertise for patronage from desperate politicians that need them to beef up numbers
during rallies. the average SS and SE trader or Artisan belong to one political group or the other.
The PH stampede happened when words came to some group members inside the stadium that their leaders were sharing money somewhere outside the stadium. In Akwa Ibom, university Students trampled on themselves when it was time to share Akpabio's money. Shame on PDP.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by anataala: 3:58pm On Mar 12, 2011
is not setiment SaI BUHARI WE NEED a currupt free county SAI BB, PDP and GEJ are busy waisting our resources on campaings let them use their personal cars and jets not Nigerians resources shame to PDP, one governour spend 400m because of GEJ visit to his state to launch his campaing Allah ya isa, Barawon banza
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by abacus(m): 5:03pm On Mar 12, 2011
@Alexleo,  we can't see your voice, go rent Loudspeaker , then we'll see your voice,  lol

@Anti-scam,  you can be wrong you know!!

It's time for change,

[size=20pt]  BUHARI - BAKARE All the way[/size]
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 5:13pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by PraireLady: 6:08pm On Mar 12, 2011
alexleo:

This is just a height of foolishness. If  muslims in Gombe state Shouts sai Buhari does that translate to Nigeria shouting Sai Buhari? If Buhari comes to the south-south or south east, our people will still shout "Jonathan ebeano". So whats all these buhari silly noise? All you Jonathan haters should please save us your silly noise. Jonathan has tried and he is trying even more. The extent he has provided a level playing field for the forthcoming election is a thumb up for him alone. Weather you people believe it or not. JONATHAN IS DOING GREAT. He is not the "Mesaiah" but the structures he is puting on grounds now for democracy to work is what our past leaders has denied us and that what is needed for the "messaiah to emerge in future elections. If not, this country will continue to produce criminals as leaders through of course the old usual criminal electioneering process which we are used to.  Lets allow this man to complete the process and leave all these useless bashing here.

You call it silly noise? You don't have to be so rude just to prove your point. And what structure is he putting on ground? Spending billions of naira for some 50th anniversary for a country with epileptic power supply and a disastrous road network. With a party full of cheats and thieves behind him (PDP), of whom their gods are their own bellies, can you say that Goodluck is a man on his own? JONATHAN IS DOING GREAT you say, and all I want to ask is if you live in Nigeria or if you have an idea what's going on here. We are too rich to be poor and we need someone who will channel our resources in the right direction. I believe Buhari is the man. He has a mission unlike your beloved Jonathan. So if you call this silly noise, good for you. Only open your eyes and think.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by seunlayi(m): 6:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
It part of the beauty of democracy.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by bestman09(m): 8:17pm On Mar 12, 2011
Can somebody stop fooling himself about SAI BUHARI? Votes are not cast at Nairaland only
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by 9ijaMan: 8:19pm On Mar 12, 2011
bestman09:

Can somebody stop fooling himself about SAI BUHARI? Votes are not cast at Nairaland only
Why are you feeling jittery. The elections are just around the corner.
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 8:27pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by malali: 8:32pm On Mar 12, 2011
Re: Even At Pdp Rallies, It's Sai Buhari! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 12, 2011
GEJ all the way,nobody can stop the divine train movement!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EXPOSED!! Full List Of Boko Haram Sponsors In Nigeria / 36 Speakers And Their Deputies Meet In Enugu / NDDC Probe: National Assembly May Decide Akpabio, Others Fate Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.