Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,364 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks (75827 Views)

Anthony Okechukwu Died In An Accident Not Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Brother / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina / Rihanna Reacts To Lekki Shootings, voices support for ENDSARS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Oyiboman69: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2020
helinues:

RIP to the guy.. But how are we going to be ascertained that his son was one of the protesters or died during the protest?
I'm not a yoruba or ibo person,but I'm a Nigerian. The governor of the state also confirm the death of some protesters and here you are ,and trying so hard to dispute the glaring fact that nothing happen at the tollgate that night. What happen to you people

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by patani(m): 7:21am On Oct 26, 2020
NGpatriot:
You can fabricate all the evil lies and fake news you want till eternity, you can not destroy Nigeria and PMB is not going anywhere till 2023.

Evil people took advantage of a peaceful protest to carry out their evil and destruction of Nigeria agenda.

You fail. Even all the fake news, fake bloody graphics you compiled to bombard us with did not work, even the massacre narratives did not gel and all the people you claimed dead are all alive, now you carry your lies to london to fabricate another story.

To be honest, that woman doesn't sound like someone who lost her son 6 days ago

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by krownie: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
Whattttt!!!!!

Oh my God
I have some video of the shooting at lekki toll gate, any body wanna see
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by emmyt2: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
This is fake news ,he died in Aba
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Kaymaxine(m): 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
NGpatriot:
You can fabricate all the evil lies and fake news you want till eternity, you can not destroy Nigeria and PMB is not going anywhere till 2023.

Evil people took advantage of a peaceful protest to carry out their evil and destruction of Nigeria agenda.

You fail. Even all the fake news, fake bloody graphics you compiled to bombard us with did not work, even the massacre narratives did not gel and all the people you claimed dead are all alive, now you carry your lies to london to fabricate another story.

Same way you will be wasted and not a single person will believe it happened!!!
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 7:23am On Oct 26, 2020
GTkester:
You see, a big problem with buhari is his illiteracy, but the biggest problem he has are the hordes of unintelligent Fulani fellas he's surrounded with. How anybody in the world of 2020 will deny a deliberate MASSACRE by the military and thinks he/she can deceive the world about it is just beyond me.

Does Buahari and those his army of unintelligent almajiris think the world is Katsina or Ira-agbiji in Osun state where you throw wads of #200 note to voters and get them to do your will?

In 2018, during the drive of Fulani terrorists genocide in the middle belt region, Buhari sent his online urchins to deny that what was going on is a genocidal attempt by the Fulanis, rather that it is a casual farmers/herders clashes. But most Unfortunately despite the fact that lives where lost these online urchins accepted a token of blood money in order to deny what was obvious. But did that deceive the world? Absolutely NO! Just a year later the US slammed him (Buhari) with charges of ethnic cleansing, put many govt officials on travel list, placed Nigeria on special watchlist and now they about sanctioning Nigeria officially.

Any intelligent person seeing what happened in 2018 would have adviced the ingnoble regime of Buhari to thread softly, but no, the almajiri north who do not have any bit of sense urged him to shoot at armless protesters. Now that the videos of the military massacre are everywhere, the same thinkless almajiris are trying hard to deny it. But not so fast! The world doesn't start and end on the internet. Already many civil societies, including Amnesty international and others have submitted petitions to the US state department giving account of what transpired that day, and even the videos taken by DJ Switch must have been carefully scrutinized, many evidences have also been collated and verified and now the verdict is that there was a MASSACRE at Lekki tollgate!

So for the BMC crew and the pay per post online warriors, I tell you, you've only to enjoy the monies you are paid, after all it's yours. But tell your ogas the truth that next time they should tread cautiously, because this world is not the same as when Obasanjo committed the Odi massacre, nor is it the same as the time of the Nigerian civil war.

A lot has changed and if buhari doesnt change course, best believe the next protest will consume him and Nigeria.
Morons said is not massacre, its shooting
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by chatinent: 7:24am On Oct 26, 2020
As if they care in the first place..
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by lastempero: 7:27am On Oct 26, 2020
nairanaira12:

You mean helinues is a third class animal?

Animals are better off.
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by doctor306(m): 7:33am On Oct 26, 2020
marod:

“On the 20th of October, we received feedback that some of the tolling equipment were being pulled off, hence we went into the lanes to recover more items including analogue Bosch Tolling device used to monitor transactions carried out in the toll lanes. The perimeter closed-circuit television system (CCTV) are Mobotiz Digital cameras. They were not removed and are still installed. in the lanes even now.”

“There was no instruction from ANYONE to remove the perimeter CCTV cameras. Removing them will require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed and are still installed.”

“LCC receives power from the IPP grid, the power albeit stable is taken off from time to time. At such times, LCC relies on the backup generators for power supply, however, following the declaration of the curfew by the state govern°, LCC withdrew ALL her staff from the office locations. This is the reason why the lights could not be restored when the mains from IPP went off temporarily. This is verifiable.”

There was cctv and the government doesn't have evidence to back their no shooting claim
Even sheyi tinumbu isn't saying this trash
Someday ull realise how badly you failed ur children and ur generation
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 26, 2020
Rhapsodia:
Okay

Oya BMC food don land....take over....

Shey lekki massacre didn't happen ahbi

So far only two people are confirmed dead. We are not told they died of gunshot wound and Governor Sanwo Olu assures there are CCTV recording of the whole Lekki incidence on Tuesday Lagos remains ready to hand over to any investigative judicial panel.

Is it then wise of you Igbos to keep speaking like this and insisting a "massacre" took place?

Is it not obvious many of you Igbos, like DJ Switch, are driven by hate for Nigeria and Nigerians, indoctrinated in you by your parents and family, you can now never switch off?

Which normal, rational , objective, sane and mentally balanced person would behave as you Igbos are doing?

Look at the international community.They were up in arms Tuesday night and Wednesday demanding strongly that perpetrators of the "massacre" must be punished.
By Friday total and deafening silence from an international community that realise it has been 'played'.

Normal people have long accepted, on the face of incontrovertible evidence, that there was no massacre. Well hope it is now clear to our leaders that letting Igbos go there way is the only option for Nigeria to thrive. A husband forcing a wife no longer in love with him, and that can't stand the sight or touch of him, to remain in a marriage is only destroying himself ultimately.

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by AMINDA: 7:43am On Oct 26, 2020
schumastic:

I just did which is why am telling you categorically that he is not part of the accident victims or don’t you get it. It’s only that girl that was dancing.

Okay. Explain these images of this fraudulent woman being called out by someone who personally knows the boy's real mother. The real mother lives in Aba, not London. The fraudulent London mother is already using the boy's death to fleece people of their money. People are despicable!

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Farki: 7:46am On Oct 26, 2020
Juliusmalema:
Sorry to say this but you are careless woman.

Careless one at that.

meaning you can't even restrain your son.

Silence is golden.
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 26, 2020
krownie:
Whattttt!!!!!

Oh my God

I have some video of the shooting at lekki toll gate, any body wanna see

Sell it to Sky News, BBC news, CNN or Al Jazeera first before hawking it before ordinary Nairalanders. Those news agencies will pay handsomely ,if the footage you have is authentic and 'juicy'. They will ensure the world sees the "massacre". No need coming here in mischief.

You know where to go and what to do if indeed you have filmed evidence of a "massacre". Expose the Nigerian Government . We are waiting and behind you.

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by QuinieR(f): 7:55am On Oct 26, 2020
And one idiot posted on nairaland that he had an accident
Rip our heroes
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by agentanex(m): 7:59am On Oct 26, 2020
[quote author=NGpatriot post=95333022]You can fabricate all the evil lies and fake news you want till eternity, you can not destroy Nigeria and PMB is not going anywhere till 2023.

[That's your personal problem..]
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by DeejaywonDJ1(m): 8:05am On Oct 26, 2020
AMINDA:

Okay. Explain these images of this fraudulent woman being called out by someone who personally knows the boy's real mother. The real mother lives in Aba, not London. The fraudulent London mother is already using the boy's death to fleece people of their money. People are despicable!

If it's true, she'll die the same way that boy died
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 8:06am On Oct 26, 2020
patani:

To be honest, that woman doesn't sound like someone who lost her son 6 days ago

Watch the video. She was adjusting her hair at the beginning consciously and vainly. Which geniunely grieving and distraught mother does that? While not proof she is fake it is a very odd thing to witness.

Also, the way the interviewer kept shouting "keep sharing we are up to 33" would have been an insult to a genuine parent who has just lost a child. No parent would allow their child to be propaganda material at a stage they are yet to even get conclusive answers about how their child died.

What we saw played out because the 'mother' was in cahoot with the interviewer hence the very weird nature of the interview. It was contrived more as a vindictive propaganda video to malign and discredit the Government rather than a genuine interview seeking to allow a grieving mother tell her part about what she knows over her child's death.

The truth will come out and I am sure, once again, it likely will be exposed that this is more IPOB propaganda. What some of us already know, that many other Nigerians do not, is the desperation of IPOB and many Igbos to cause serious problems for Nigeria. It is something the Nigerian government must confront truthfully and sincerely rather than continue to issue politically correct statements of "one Nigeria" .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by michoim(m): 8:09am On Oct 26, 2020
This is likely an arrangee thing by the protesters
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2020
I see fake news everywhere
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Verance: 8:14am On Oct 26, 2020
By exerggerated I mean soldiers shot into the air and stray bullets killed just the two Governor Sanwo-olu confirmed dead and not the 78 or 15 flung around social media. By exerggerated I mean there were more of injuries sustained but much fewer deaths than claimed. Please note that I am not in anyway taking sides with the government on this. Even if it turned out that the incident was blown out of proportion for political and other reasons, the fact that the Nigerian Army denies that soldiers were there is bad enough. Even one death on protesters meted out by soldiers is too bad. I condemn the shootings that happened that day and feel for sorry for the individuals and (their families) confirmed dead as well as those who sustained injuries fighting for a better Nigeria. I empathize with those who were there, to have even witnessed soldiers shooting in the air (if that was what really happened) for several minutes is traumatic enough. I am just trying to get a clearer picture of what really happened that night. I am trying to be logical and not allowing my emotions to sway my reasoning. I am trying not to subscribe to an alleged rumour solely because such a rumour is very popular.
seguno2:

When you say exaggerated, do you mean that instead of 78 dead, maybe only 18 people died
Or do you mean that there was no shooting by soldiers, and no one died?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by QuinieR(f): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2020
html14java:
That faithful night at Lekki tollgate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1xK_UK77EY
I was here that moment they arrived
But I fly immediately they started shooting embarassed

4 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by patani(m): 8:15am On Oct 26, 2020
Grayoso:

Watch the video. She was adjusting her hair at the beginning consciously and vainly. Which geniunely grieving and distraught mother does that? While not proof she is fake it is a very odd thing to witness.

Also, the way the interviewer kept shouting "keep sharing we are up to 33" would have been an insult to a genuine parent who has just lost a child. No parent would allow their child to be propaganda material at a stage they are yet to even get conclusive answers about how their child died.

What we saw played out because the 'mother's was in cahoot with the interviewer hence the very weird nature of the interview. It was contrived more as a vindictive propaganda video to malign and discredit the Government rather than a genuine interview seeking to allow a grieving mother tell her part about what she knows over her child's death.

The truth will come out and I am sure, once again, it likely will be exposed that this is more IPOB propaganda. What some of us already know, that many other Nigerians do not, is the desperation of IPOB and many Igbos to cause serious problems for Nigeria. It is something the Nigerian government must confront truthfully and sincerely rather than continue to issue politically correct statements of "one Nigeria" .

well, time shall tell..I really dont know why some people want this country to go bad by all means..smh and i am very sure the proposed biafra will be a mess

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Nobody: 8:16am On Oct 26, 2020
Oyiboman69:
I'm not a yoruba or ibo person,but I'm a Nigerian. The governor of the state also confirm the death of some protesters and here you are ,and trying so hard to dispute the glaring fact that nothing happen at the tollgate that night. What happen to you people

Did the governor tell you the two people who died were shot? The whole point is that many are insisting, to driven their private agenda, that the Nigerian army carried out a shooting "massacre" of protestors. They have claimed 89, 78, 11 or 10 people died from gunshot wounds.

Sane and rational people are saying, on the strength of very strong evidence available, no massacre took place. Why must some people , especially those who were not at Lekki, continue to insist a massacre took place?

People like you at not helping. If you cant think or talk like a responsible adult, fully aware that fake news kill, then learn to shut up.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by tomdon(m): 8:22am On Oct 26, 2020
KosyJerry:
Take heart.. Its not easy

What is not easy
Does that one look like a mother who just lost a child.
Big lie!

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Verance: 8:28am On Oct 26, 2020
marod:

“On the 20th of October, we received feedback that some of the tolling equipment were being pulled off, hence we went into the lanes to recover more items including analogue Bosch Tolling device used to monitor transactions carried out in the toll lanes. The perimeter closed-circuit television system (CCTV) are Mobotiz Digital cameras. They were not removed and are still installed. in the lanes even now.”

“There was no instruction from ANYONE to remove the perimeter CCTV cameras. Removing them will require the use of machinery to reach the heights that they have been installed and are still installed.”

“LCC receives power from the IPP grid, the power albeit stable is taken off from time to time. At such times, LCC relies on the backup generators for power supply, however, following the declaration of the curfew by the state govern°, LCC withdrew ALL her staff from the office locations. This is the reason why the lights could not be restored when the mains from IPP went off temporarily. This is verifiable.”
May be lies but plausible and logical enough. That said the puzzle of why the lights were off that night has been solved. The puzzle of what protesters stand to gain lying about being shot at has been cleared as well. The major issue for me now is, were there soldiers at that place that night? If yes, why is the Nigerian Army denying it? I am not talking about whether the soldiers shot into the air or at the people or whether there was a massacre or not. The issue to me is were there soldiers there at all? All indications so far points that there were soldiers there.
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by iamme1234(m): 8:35am On Oct 26, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Let's wait for their excuse

As for Sanwo Olu

Cowardice Hypocrisy

Face who face you

Criminals will always return to their crime scene. It's an absolute rule.

Look at the hypocritical shameless things. Cowards. Never in tune with reality

Ever heard the statement that guilty persons are the one who cry the most.

Act One, Scene One...

I will hastily declare a curfew...says the other guy on the other end of the phone.

..when I declare the curfew,it will be so hasty that many will be trapped, come and spray them off and make sure you do a neat job ..

Forgetting things don't always go as planned

Finally when it all blows up, the hypocritical coward as usual same way the Russian card is played,blames a guy in United Kingdom to divert attention from his crime

Infact because of his calm look, he receives the gullible feigning innocence meanwhile was the master craft behind the Carnage .He goes further to launder his actions by being the first to visit survivors in the hospital

There you have it. Humanity greatest trickster of 2020

The loyal omoluabi himself. The coward hypocritical two-faced criminal and massrcist like no other.Babajide Sanwo Olu

Sharap man,he should kill himself for you.
What else do u want him to do.go back to your country or go and face bubu your self
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Verance: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2020
completeskills:

The answer you seek lies in your 2nd question. Why would the army deny their presence at the toll gate when they were actually there?
Think about it..
Well said. That is the big elephant in the room. There have been explanations put forth to resolve the other two concerns I submitted. These explanations may be lies but giving that they are logical and plausible, I have given the apologetics the benefit of doubt. The big issue that cannot be explained is why the military lied that soldiers were not at the venue as you have pointed out
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by mfm04622: 8:42am On Oct 26, 2020
hood223:
A woman whose son died in the Lekki shootings has spoken up to counter the claims that no one died.

Shortly after peaceful protesters were shot at on October 20, 2020, pictures started flying around of a young man named Anthony Okechukwu, who died in the shootings.

Anthony's mother, who lives outside Nigeria, has now spoken out. She said she found out about her son's death online when she saw his photo being circulated.

She added that no one from the government has called to commiserate with her on her son's death

Watch video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJGkEHeiWl8

If you are an objective reporter, amend this post with the correct information that her son died in an accident in Aba! This lie has been debunked.

Seun and Mods, this site should not be used to propagate falsehoods that will push the country into chaos

3 Likes

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by mindtricks: 8:44am On Oct 26, 2020
NGpatriot:

grin grin grin

There is no Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo!
There's only the corrupt elite whom you represent vs the suffering Nigerian masses whom you oppose.
Continue to paint national issues with ethnic colours while you claim to be patriotic.
Resorting to Ipod, Arewa, Oduduwa names can't save you. You can't fool Nigerians.
If you find the balls to come out on streets of Lekki to say these things you type online.
Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by richie240: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2020
Grayoso:

So far only two people are confirmed dead. We are not told they died of gunshot wound and Governor Sanwo Olu assures there are CCTV recording of the whole Lekki incidence on Tuesday Lagos remains ready to hand over to any investigative judicial panel.

Is it then wise of you Igbos to keep speaking like this and insisting a "massacre" took place?

Is it not obvious many of you Igbos, like DJ Switch, are driven by hate for Nigeria and Nigerians, indoctrinated in you by your parents and family, you can now never switch off?

Which normal, rational , objective, sane and mentally balanced person would behave as you Igbos are doing?

Look at the international community.They were up in arms Tuesday night and Wednesday demanding strongly that perpetrators of the "massacre" must be punished.
By Friday total and deafening silence from an international community that realise it has been 'played'.
Even d true progressives of d protests (d omotola ekehindes and co) haven seen that they've allowed their heads to be wined by ipob separatists into fighting d establishment by proxy have since gone mute. The chaff has bn separated from d wheat. The real wolf has removed its sheep toga!

Normal people have long accepted, on the face of incontrovertible evidence, that there was no massacre. Well hope it is now clear to our leaders that letting Igbos go there way is the only option for Nigeria to thrive. A husband forcing a wife no longer in love with him, and that can't stand the sight or touch of him, to remain in a marriage is only destroying himself ultimately.
A 100%!!!
cool

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by Okoroawusa: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2020
eipreel:
Silvernorgold what do you have to say to this? You said he died in a motorcycle accident undecided
The video has already been debunked as fake. It's all over the social media already.

When a news break don't rush to believe or comment give a few minutes,a few hours,a few days or even a few weeks...the truth will come out.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Okechukwu: Mother Whose Son Died In The Lekki Shootings Speaks by mindtricks: 9:00am On Oct 26, 2020
Verance:
Well said. That is the big elephant in the room. There have been explanations put forth to resolve the other two concerns I submitted. These explanations may be lies but giving that they are logical and plausible, I have given the apologetics the benefit of doubt. The big issue that cannot be explained is why the military lied that soldiers were not at the venue as you have pointed out

Our leaders are capable of anything.
They can do anything to fight anything that poses a threat to them, including such waste of lives and covering up traces of evidence.
Those who truly know, know this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

PMB In Imo: Residents Line Up To Welcome The President / Seyi Tinubu: The First Son - Meets NASS Members / Senator Dino Melaye Speaks From His Hideout. Nigerians React (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.