Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,445 members, 7,812,349 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) - Food (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) (96857 Views)

Look At The Spring Onion I Just Bought For ₦500 In Zaria, Kaduna State / See Tomatoes Of #300 My Wife Bought / See Onions I Bought For 2k In Minna (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by dasparrow: 3:25am On Oct 29, 2020
dman4mdmoon:
I wonder what people are complaining about. This is one of the negative effects of the protests. The situation of things across the nation is volatile for now.The Northerners are not ready to risk their lives to bring items to the South. So, the law of demand and supply will surely set in. Also, I think onions are usually scarce at this period of the year I guess.

It has absolutely nothing to do with that. We are not in onion season. During this time of the year onions are usually expensive. Even overseas, onions are more expensive this time of the year so stop looking for who or what to blame.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by AngelicBeing: 3:32am On Oct 29, 2020
descarado:

Who said so?

Onions can be farmed by anybody. We have the perfect weather for it more than the north yet we see it as northern thing. If cold regions like Europe can farm onions, tell me the reason why south shouldn't.

Hunger have not yet started. Everybody want to be a trader or white collar guy.
tongue
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by eagleu: 4:14am On Oct 29, 2020
xcelentattitude:

grin

Please just leave bubu out of this...

FYI I don't l don't like the dude but truth be told, He's got nothing to do with this onion story.

Louder, please.
I can't hear you cheering and making excuses for Buhari, the commander in chief, the architect of the economy, and the president on whose table all bucks stop, including prices of onions.

Keep cheering and deceiving yourself.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by rooney227: 4:23am On Oct 29, 2020
The wife was not lying. That's the condition of onion price now
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by bamasite2: 4:34am On Oct 29, 2020
I dey this table
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by ekhai(m): 4:36am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
So each one cost N125!
That's terrible!!
The Common man will be in trouble if things continue this way
IF THEY KNOW HOW TO BURN TRUCKS CARRYING FOODSTUFFS FROM NORTH TO PORT HARCOURT, LET THEM PAY FOR THE LITTLE THEY HAVE LEFT. THAT'S THE PAINS OF BEEN STUPID SOMETIMES.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by buchai: 4:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Na corruption bi dat
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by ekhai(m): 4:39am On Oct 29, 2020
eagleu:

Louder, please.
I can't hear you cheering and making excuses for Buhari, the commander in chief, the architect of the economy, and the president on whose table all bucks stop, including prices of onions.

Keep cheering and deceiving yourself.
SO IT'S BUHARI THAT INSTRUCTED YOU GUYS TO BURN DOWN TRUCKS OF FOODSTUFFS IN PORT HARCOURT?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by TecM0: 4:42am On Oct 29, 2020
LaEvilIMiss:

have price jumps ever dropped in your experience with Nigeria

Lol

No what goes up hardly comes down in Nigeria.... But let's be optimistic on this one

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by bluefilm: 5:27am On Oct 29, 2020
TecM0:
Let's just pray all this ends soon

Prayers alone have never solved any problem anywhere In the world.

Since 1996, Catholics in nigeria have been saying the Prayer for Nigeria in Distress.

That's close to 25 fuckîng years now.

Still the problem still persists... even to an alarming proportion compared to the situation in 1996 when that prayer was introduced!

Do you know why?

Yes. That's because faith without good work is DEAD.

1 Like

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by africaflozy(f): 5:29am On Oct 29, 2020
The last time I went to market I was glad my husband went with me, actually because of my condition. Guy man was like chai! Before then I always come back home with stories that money was not enough. But this last time,he even added money to buy somethings, willing.
I didn't want to buy onion that day, it was just too expensive.

Men are trying this time o, nah to dey support them. I pray things get better for us all.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Kelvinbako(m): 5:34am On Oct 29, 2020
I find it difficult to believe this...
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Bestlily(f): 5:35am On Oct 29, 2020
Hassanmaye:

No man continue shouting biafra.

An Aboki will always be aboki

2 Likes

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Anaerobi(m): 5:41am On Oct 29, 2020
this one is#60 or #80 here in adamawa
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by harmony75: 5:48am On Oct 29, 2020
I so much love onions in. my meals but thank God it something I can do without.. what this is N500?? me I no buy.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Ayomarcel(m): 6:01am On Oct 29, 2020
Righteousness89:
So each one cost N125!
That's terrible!!
The Common man will be in trouble if things continue this way

The common man has always been in trouble
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Hoodgod(m): 6:08am On Oct 29, 2020
descarado:
When South has refused to farm.

you finally brought your stupidity here?
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2020
banio:
Rivers State government should shun North and import onions.
Let the north export their onions or rot with it.

Everybody wants to cash out from every event in Nigeria.
Covid-19, people cashed out.
Now endSars people want to cash out.

Evil everywhere

Rot? Lol.

We will happily export to closer African countries like Ghana, Niger, Chad etc.

You must think Buhari's shiny new railways are for decoration.

3 Likes

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 6:20am On Oct 29, 2020
Chisaedhor:
My people the prices of food stuffs is on the rise in Rivers State. I don't know about other cities.

Look at the Onions my wife bought at Oil Mill Market In Portharcourt for 500 naira today.

On a normal day these onions should cost 50 naira or less.

How is it in your area

Well if you are upset about buying such onions for 500. Buy a few large drums buy fertilizer bag and s bag of compost and start planting your own onions. I don't get why more Nigerians don't plant vegetables in their gardens. We have favourable weather and very rich soil
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 6:22am On Oct 29, 2020
Bestlily:

An Osu will always be Osu

Truth.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Bestlily(f): 6:28am On Oct 29, 2020
QuotaSystem[/quote]

Not like you're good in anything else Aboki. Farm for us because your brain is useless as it is.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by toluxa1(m): 6:32am On Oct 29, 2020
calebonuja:

In minna it's 500 for a basket

That's not true. I'm Minna born, bred in and out.
500 for a Basket, for which market? Or way kind of basket
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Dannyilo(m): 6:39am On Oct 29, 2020
That's bad. The funny thing is, if I send 10 of these onions to my PH customers for N500 from Benue State, they will tell me I cheat them.
I pray things gets better.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 6:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Bestlily:
Not like I am good in anything else as an Osu. Farm for us because my brain is useless as it is.

Okay understood but you must stop crying over the price first.

1 Like

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2020
Lies
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Cutehector(m): 6:44am On Oct 29, 2020
sweetgala:

Well if you are upset about buying such onions for 500. Buy a few large drums buy fertilizer bag and s bag of compost and start planting your own onions. I don't get why more Nigerians don't plant vegetables in their gardens. We have favourable weather and very rich soil
thank you
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Amhappy(f): 6:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Chisaedhor:
My people the prices of food stuffs is on the rise in Rivers State. I don't know about other cities.

Look at the Onions my wife bought at Oil Mill Market In Portharcourt for 500 naira today.

On a normal day these onions should cost 50 naira or less.

How is it in your area

This one is one piece bigger than the one they sold for us at Woji market. Onions is gold now.

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by 24SEVEN: 6:52am On Oct 29, 2020
QuotaSystem:

Rot? Lol.

We will happily export to closer African countries like Ghana, Niger, Chad etc.

You must think Buhari's shiny new railways are for decoration.

Much Ado about Onions. If Onions, carrots, tomatoes and whatever farm products are what the North wants to use as leverage against Riverians and/or the South, it is completely laughable. My grandparents ate only garri and yam. They did not die prematurely. They lived for over 100yrs.
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 6:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Mylove55:
that is the result of the useless protest

Onions,beans and maize are always expensive this period.If you don't go to market always, Fem!
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by bluebay(m): 6:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Ask your wife again Pls grin
Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by QuotaSystem: 7:00am On Oct 29, 2020
24SEVEN:

Much Ado about Onions. If Onions, carrots, tomatoes and whatever farm products are what the North wants to use as leverage against Riverians and/or the South, it is completely laughable. My grandparents ate only garri and yam. They did not die prematurely. They lived for over 100yrs.

Hunger and starvation from our food blockade is what caused Biafra to surrender and what ended the war. They were starving to death not laughing.

Don't fool yourself.

1 Like

Re: See Onions My Wife Bought For 500 In Portharcourt Today (Photos) by JohnnyBling(m): 7:02am On Oct 29, 2020
kennyade3h:
I now see why those aboki no longer put enough onion in suya again
I noticed grin angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

"This Is Why I Don't Eat In People's House" - Slay Queen Slammed For Doing This / Lockdown: Nigerian Man Dies Of Hunger (Photo) / See The Perfect Alternative To Fresh Tomatoes. (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.